• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Concepts art Stage] Pokemon Nuclear and Atomic Versions

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Ok, Here it goes: Me anf My friend's ideas for the pokemon game we're making. ><;;; Here's hoping I get some good feedback lol

And we Plan to use rpg maker xp for this as well.

Pokemon Nuclear and Atomic Versions

Plot:

Taking place hundreds of years after black and white. The Pokemon world has changed, drastically. Recovered After a mysterious occurrence of a Nuclear Apocolypse, Pokemon have now gained intelligence and are able to speak. The Human race have become extinct, the trainers now a variety of mutated monsters themselves, also with intelligence both the good and bad kind.

After the road to recovery(which involved wars fought between pokemon and the newly mutated people who USED to be humans.)Partnership between Pokemon and trainers have been restored, but the past of how and why they fought and how they got this way was all but lost and forgotten, after many cycles of life and generations of people and pokemon, they began to think they've always been this way.

You play as one of two Heros(depending on which version you play) arriving in the Canoda reigon.(based on Vancouver, canada area)

Along your pokemon journey, you begin make friends, enemies and discover secrets along the way, specifically, secrets behind the ancient tales of Pokemon and these other ancient creatures called "humans" which the pokemon used to fight along side with, just as most trainers today do. Unknowing to you, the secrets also reveal that the world's past, could also have something to do with an sinister plot, that could spell danger for Pokemon all over the world! Will you be able to show the world the truth, to save the future?

List of Major Characters(trainer):

Bogan (Hero of Pokemon Nuclear version): A young aspiring trainer, ran away from home since his mother forbid him to go out on an adventure. Has a severe allergy to Poison type pokemon, in which contact with one could spell danger to his well being...

Rot (Hero of Pokemon Atomic Version, created by my friend UushiBushii on Deviantart): An experienced trainer returning home, he is also a Rival to Bogan.

Blizzy: A lover of Ice pokemon, and loving/protective older half-sister to Bogan, she is also Bogan's other rival.

CT(short for Cool Trainer, her Nickname, Real name is Rani, Created by my friend Dragonkaira on Deviantart): another experienced trainer from Kanto who is Rot's other rival, Bogan also has a crush on her.

Yolanda: the Psychic/Ghost gym leader, Bogan becomes her apprentice, teaching him some valuable lessons about being a trainer.

Ace Trainer or Ace for short(created by Dragonkaira on deviantart): a veryyy snooty trainer that is full of himself and often complains when he loses a battle. His father is a famous architect and also runs the battle tower of the region. He also claims to be Bogan's Second rival but is nowhere near a good enough challenge to be even considered as such, makes his name quite misleading huh?

Concept art/Pictures:

Can't post for now until I reach a certain amount of posts... ;o;

Last edited:

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Since I finally posed enough times I can now show you all the concept artwork! :3

Artwork of the Character Bogan:
bogan__pokemon_version_by_paranormalstripes-d46t3pc.png

Some location concept of how the map of the Canoda region might look like:

first%20map%20concept%20of%20Canoda.png

Last edited:

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
New Post for new Concept Art!

Artwork Concept of the Character Blizzy:

Miscellaneous stuff:

I Also forgot about the explanation of the enemy team! Dear me, I must fix this immediately! XD

In both games you will be facing Team Eco, An environmentalist and Pokemon rights organization bent on uncovering "the Truth" which they claim is a conspiracy at the nuclear power plant that provides Canoda with a source of electricity. Most around you, and even you alone doubt that this is true... but could they actually be right about something?... *DUNDUNDUN!*

Last edited:

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
@Short Circuited Pikachu

Thanks for the compliment! 8D

as for the rest of the concept artwork, I'll be posting those on fridays and weekends now, since the spring semester has started at my college right now and school is first priority in my book. But during my free time in the week I always do sketches, so I'm still working on ideas here. :3

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Is there a reason for it to look so Dr. Seuss-ish?

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Is there a reason for it to look so Dr. Seuss-ish?

if your talking about the cemetery gates, that is subject to change. as for everything else I'm trying my best to keep it to the style of pokemon art while still keeping it's originality.

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Update: Since me and my other two friends are still focusing on the story line, artwork will be put on hold for a bit.(plus the previous artwork needs some serious redesigns and updates)

I also wanted to ask if anyone else is interested in working on the project, Spriters, coders, artists etc. we only have 3 people... so it would be nice if we got some help, but only if someone is interested.

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Update As of July 18, 2012: we are updating details in the story line to make it better for your enjoyment. ^^ I also plan to use rpgmaker vx ace starter kit by crazyninjaguy, once it comes out I'll play around with it a bit to get used to it. Once we have enough of the updated storyline to start from you MIGHT get a possible screenshot concept via made in the game.

CapricornPsyche

Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Seems like a good idea, nice art, keep up the good work!

thanks, though there's still plenty more to be done, and we tweaked the story some more so it's more fitting. I should update that soon on the first post. :P

But we still desperately need more team members. even some more artists would be helpful... Hope I'll be able to find some...

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
not really liking the furries main characters, but i think it is a good story. i would love to help i can map. some basic scripting for now. working on that :D

Back