• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
Whitney didn't give me much of a problem since I used that Machop you get through ingame trade for a drowzee and I just spammed her milktank with low kick, but I think her and Claire are the two gym leaders that are more of a pain to battle even though her kingdra didn't give me a problem since I only used Ampharos and Gyrados.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
I always had an easy time with Whitney, mostly because at the point I start grinding levels because I know I'll be way under-levelled by Chuck and Jasmine.

Clair was definately one of the most challenging, but my Dragonair ( Game Corner Dratini + Ice Beam TM + Thunderbolt TM at Game Corner, took forever, but worth it ) swept her whole team.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
It was Whitney's Milktank for me.I think it took 2-3 tries before i finally won.I didn't really have a fighting type so it was pretty hard.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2012
Whitey is a definant with that freaking milktank. Always had trouble with her. I mean no fighting mons that are to good, geodude and onix get ate by roll out and just makes milktank drink more. Ugh.

Clair always posed an issue for me. But because I got bored and hate dealing with rocket, I played the coin game so much I could afford a dratini. So by time I got to her I had an EV trained dragonite along with my gyrados so she was easy. It is just her kingdra and it's single weakness. Most people can't get a dragon before the gym.

Easiest for me is always chuck, since I always have an alakazam by that time along with pidgeoto and a magneton

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Claire. Took me forever to defeat her. I finally had to get on GTS and get me a lv 88 dragonite sense I didn't have any other DS games at the time.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
I never really had trouble with the gym leaders, but if I had to choose, I would go with Claire or Whitney. Whitney's Miltank was quite a pain and Claire reminds me of Lance, who I hate so much.

Whitney's the hardest I would say.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
I said Bugsy because she was the only one to defeat me on the first try, but they were all pretty simple. I swept the floor with Whitney and Claire was not on top of her game when I battled her. Right now I cant beat Lance to save my life!

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Claire.

Because I trained so much,
Whitney was pretty easy for me,even with that rollout and milk drink.
the other 7 gym leaders were easy.
But since i have typhlosion,I had a hard time on Claire.
Kingdra is so f****** annoying.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'd say Bugsy. There's nowhere decent to train as well as the difficulty of battling his Scyther with its U-Turn.

BassBlood

Bass Player Extraordinaire
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
I don't think any of the gym leaders are particularly hard, but Claire is the only one that's ever given me any trouble.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
None of them were hard. I didn't have any issues with the Johto leaders. You know there's 16 leaders in HG/SS. So I'm gonna say Surge, Misty, and Brock.

Years
Clair had to be the most difficult gym leader, for me. I didn't really have anything that was effective against her Pokemon, so the battle was a lot tougher for me than it should have been.

On the flip side, Whitney was probably the easiest Gym Leader for me to beat. Although, that was mostly thanks to having a Butterfree with Sleep Powder (even though her Miltank was holding a Lum Berry).

Years
Surprisingly enough Morty. I never (really) used video walkthroughs back then, and his Gengar used Hypnosis all the time, and my Dragonite was out, and Gengar also knew Dream Eater, as well as Haunter, but... it wasn't the best outcome in the world for me, but I beat him though sooner or later!

Back