• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

@diego:
that is fine, the updates are nice i've just checked.

the change is subtle for the walking animation but i see the positioning of the hands on the girl is different, i've also seen the running animation is fixed now too, thanks! =) and thanks for fixing the map.

Years
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.

Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

PHP:
'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands

Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.

And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
But one of the newest patches must have broken berries and the bug contest lol
That's why people should only play hacks on PCs... Portable platforms won't ever have the best support possible...

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

PHP:
'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements

Ahh,yes. This would be a good idea. If you have an extra OW you can make it the headbutt tree with maybe two frames and just make it face left and down or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O
None of those emulators are compatible with my phone :( . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.

Years
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.
That is why I don't like it. Take LC title screen for example. How beautiful. I just suggested him to make Suicune appear more real that is all

None of those emulators are compatible with my phone :( . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.
Then try Vbag for instance. It is the best after VBA I guarantee you for that. Problem is it is for Nokia Symbians...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021

This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?
It should work, mine migrated okay. Just make sure they're all matching names and whatnot. One minor thing to keep in mind is that there's one flaw to the emulator: GBA.emu doesn't have a savetype selection menu yet, but it's coming later and that only effected one hack I play. It autodetects for every game I throw at it just as fine as the PC version, just remember that if there's a hack that requires you to do it on VBA you're in savestate land for a while.

None of those emulators are compatible with my phone
That can unfortunately happen. :/

You can "sideload" Retroarch just fine (it's free, they actually provide alt. links to download in their own forums), you can try it but something tells me that you might not have the power in your phone to run it so you should probably stick with MyBoy (it's better than Gameboid, pretty much just that but upgraded with sound fixes and other improvements. You won't even miss anything if you have the free version.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
A bit off topic, but My Boy! has added LINK SUPPORT!!!!! My physics class is going to turn into a pokemon tournament now!!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it
...Looks weird? How exactly? It's trying to look like the Emerald title screen with a dark Rayquaza.
@diego:
that is fine, the updates are nice i've just checked.

the change is subtle for the walking animation but i see the positioning of the hands on the girl is different, i've also seen the running animation is fixed now too, thanks! =) and thanks for fixing the map.
Glad to fix the reported bugs!

I've encountered the berry bug myself, but only when playing on my phone or whatnot. This makes it hard to debug, but I'll try to see what happened.
That wouldn't work, seeing as Sudowoodo is a sprite and headbutt trees are tiles. But thanks for suggesting it anyways.
And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
But one of the newest patches must have broken berries and the bug contest lol
I honestly can't think of anything I've changed recently that would cause this.
That's why people should only play hacks on PCs... Portable platforms won't ever have the best support possible...
Well, I still want to play on a flashcart, even though that has literally zero support from its manufacturers. That doesn't mean I should only play on a PC; it only means I have to deal with whatever issues I might find on my own. (I know it's not a phone but it's the same thing as what you mentioned)

It's really odd because the issue persists even onto VBA-M-based emulators.
That is why I don't like it. Take LC title screen for example. How beautiful. I just suggested him to make Suicune appear more real that is all

Then try Vbag for instance. It is the best after VBA I guarantee you for that. Problem is it is for Nokia Symbians...
If I was better at making completely custom stuff, I would want to make a Suicune running through a scrolling background. but since I can't, I just opted for a Suicune-based background looking like the Emerald one.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
What. I... that's weird. Maybe it has to do with how emulators do the RTC on mobile? Just taking a shot in the dark.
Yeah, I ended up finding out what it was: there's a flag that's set when you set the clock that was being reset when the Oak intro sequence was done. I moved where that flag was set and it works fine now. Oh, and it was sporadic about whether the glitch would occur or not: it happened half the time on VBA on my PC too. But only when starting a new game.

To everyone with the day of the week glitch: Download today's patch from the first post, then restart your games (as in, make a new save with New Game). Daily events should start working as they should again!

Years
Yeah, I ended up finding out what it was: there's a flag that's set when you set the clock that was being reset when the Oak intro sequence was done. I moved where that flag was set and it works fine now. Oh, and it was sporadic about whether the glitch would occur or not: it happened half the time on VBA on my PC too. But only when starting a new game.

To everyone with the day of the week glitch: Download today's patch from the first post, then restart your games (as in, make a new save with New Game). Daily events should start working as they should again!

Thank you i will download the latest patch glad that this bug is finally fixed

Offtopic :
Wow MyBoy Emulator can link now and soon there will be wi-fi and bluetooth link to anyone who uses Android emus go get this emulator!

Back