• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Hey!
It might be a bit complicated but in general its just UNLZ GBA editing and such.
Battlebacks are in every ROM at the beginning of UNLZ GBA.
Remind the following things:

-tilemap of the image must be 32x64 (whereas the last 32 pixels in height are empty)
-palette of battlback is compressed -> between every fourth palette entry is a 00-byte.

I might write a tutorial about it, but noone will answer it so its waste of time.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi, does anyone know how to change the battle background
on Pokemon EMERALD? Needed the answer right away.
if it needs explaining please PM me and the things I need to do.

DrFuji and I worked on a tutorial together for FR that entails everything on how to hack battle bgs. It should work exactly the same on Emerald, just with different pointers. As ep!c said, the images should be near the beginning of the UnLz list. Just find one, search for it's pointer in a hex editor, and you will find the battle bg table. Everything else in the tutorial is the same.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hi,

I used "Pokemon Oak Intro Editor" tool (on Pokemon Gold GBC) to change Prof Oak's intro Pokemon, and it didn't do anything... what are the damages it could have done? (I've seen no problems/changes/weirdness since I used it)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Oh sorry I never saw your reply!

Also I tried watching that video and I got an error message saying 'Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program.'

Do you know what this means?

If not, do you have another way of showing me that video? :p

Yeah, thats a common problem with firefox that I can't solve. I would go on youtube and type in "hack with me" and find part 11. If that doesnt work, you can look here for more help:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/957113
In my experience of hacking google chrome is a very good browser, I would download that and it should work. Chrome is your best option if none of the above works:)

Oh and one more thing, you could watch it on a phone if you have an iphone or some sort of smart phone, I watch most tutorials on my phone and follow along on my computer.
Good luck solving the problem!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
Thanks to everyone who helped me on my problem on the sethealingplace.

Now, I have one more question. I have it all set, but it still says the original Mom script when healing my pokemon, even though I think I changed it. Here's what I got, but the mom still says her original script like in the game.

'---------------
#org 0x800086
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x4
setvar 0x405B 0x3
setvar 0x405C 0x6
sethealingplace 0x1
msgbox 0x88000B9 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"What wonderful Pokèmon you\nhave t..."
closeonkeypress
fadescreen 0x1
fanfare 0x100
special 0x0
waitfanfare
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox 0x880010D MSG_NORMAL '"Now they look better!\nDon't forge..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000B9
= What wonderful Pokèmon you\nhave there!\pThey look like\nthey could use a long rest.

#org 0x80010D
= Now they look better!

EDIT: Right before it says my own message, it says mom's original text.
Any help..?

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Well, I found VBA-SDL-H (and H2), but I was being lazy/stupid and couldn't find the disassemble function, so I went with the No$gba Debug. Here's what I found at 0805A684-0805A6A6 in FR, before there was another push lr at 0805A6A8:
Code:
0805A684 B500     push    {r14}
0805A686 4806     ldr     r0,=#0x3005008
0805A688 6801     ldr     r1,[r0]
0805A68A 2200     mov     r2,#0x0
0805A68C 5E88     ldsh    r0,[r1,r2]
0805A68E 2202     mov     r2,#0x2
0805A690 5E89     ldsh    r1,[r1,r2]
0805A692 4A04     ldr     r2,=#0x2036DFC
0805A694 6812     ldr     r2,[r2]
0805A696 F000F807 bl      #0x805A6A8
0805A69A BC01     pop     {r0}
0805A69C 4700     bx      r0
0805A69E 0000     lsl     r0,r0,#0x0
0805A6A0 5008     str     r0,[r1,r0]
0805A6A2 0300     lsl     r0,r0,#0xC
0805A6A4 6DFC     ldr     r4,[r7,#0x5C]
0805A6A6 0203     lsl     r3,r0,#0x5C
Without examining it closely (yeah I feel lazy today XP), should I just assemble it for emerald, insert it into some free space, and then use callasm to see if it works?

No. Look at the code. There are offsets. These are guaranteed to be changed in emerald.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
In the hack (ruby) I'm currently working on, none of the names of routes/towns etc. are showing up when you enter them. Is there something I have to do to make it happen? (Yes, I have them set to show in Advance Map.)

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
Script Questions
1. What is the flag? When I use them they are not working.
2. What is the SetVar commands?
Mapping Questions
1. How can I remove the glitched tiles in the corners of the map? In doors
Changing Pokemon Data Question
1. How do I add more slot in YAPE?

Spoiler:

Years
1- a flag is like a variable that can only receive 0 (false, no, ...) or 1 (true, yes, ...)
2- setvar does exactly what it says: sets the variable's value (f.e.: setvar 0x4000 0xF0EC will set the value of variable 0x4000 to 0xF0EC
3- Don't use the bottom tiles of the tilesets.
4- Requires a titan work, Jambo51 is the only person I know did great progress extending the Pokédex, but I don't know if he fully succeeded finishing that.

5- Use search/Read tutorials

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Ok. Four things from me.

1. What is script for Whirlpool for Pokemon Ruby?
2. Where located in Pokemon Ruby is pictures of Badges?
3. Where is located Prof.Birch Sprite in Ruby?
4. Someone know how fix DNS season system? When i begin the game i have winter palletes. But after checking Trainer Card or Backpack it returned to Summer Palletes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Does anyone know how to add new descriptions to attacks in Pokemon Game Editor's attack editor? When I type a new description in and save it, when you go back to it the spot is blank. So I tried repointing it but it still will not let me save the next.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
When I open my rom with YAPE, it gives me an error and it says that it can't read the base stats. Does anyone know why, and how I can fix it?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
When I open my rom with YAPE, it gives me an error and it says that it can't read the base stats. Does anyone know why, and how I can fix it?

It was two answers for your question.
1. Attacks or Pokemon data failure <Often did by Pokemon Editor Pro> You must use new rom <Sorry>
2. SAPPY, HEX EDITOR or Another memory based program opened in that same time with YAPE. It allways cause failure. Use only YAPE and FSF.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Does anyone know how to add new descriptions to attacks in Pokemon Game Editor's attack editor? When I type a new description in and save it, when you go back to it the spot is blank. So I tried repointing it but it still will not let me save the next.

It's not an "edit" box. It just views what's there. You must use XSE to edit text there and point to it in PGE.

Ok. Four things from me.

1. What is script for Whirlpool for Pokemon Ruby?
2. Where located in Pokemon Ruby is pictures of Badges?
3. Where is located Prof.Birch Sprite in Ruby?
4. Someone know how fix DNS season system? When i begin the game i have winter palletes. But after checking Trainer Card or Backpack it returned to Summer Palletes.

1: Whirlpool is not in Ruby. Dunno where you got that from... XD
2: It's LZ-77 compressed most likely, so use un-lz to find it. If it isn't then search for its bytes from VBA in your ROM.
3: It is LZ-77 compressed for sure.
4: It's not too good with seasons, but on FR it is.

You forgot to specify it's from the patch, so you won't get a valid answer if you don't specify.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Does anyone know why a hacked Pokemon game wouldn't load in Pokemon Stadium 2? I'm trying to play it in Gameboy Tower. I'm using a flash cart (which works on Pokemon Stadium 2, I tested clean roms).

It's my hack of Pokemon Gold I'm trying to play on it, and it takes forever to load, then gives me a connection error every time.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Does anyone know why a hacked Pokemon game wouldn't load in Pokemon Stadium 2? I'm trying to play it in Gameboy Tower. I'm using a flash cart (which works on Pokemon Stadium 2, I tested clean roms).

It's my hack of Pokemon Gold I'm trying to play on it, and it takes forever to load, then gives me a connection error every time.

Because it's meant for GBA only. Plus if it's hacked, then all the data is shifted and it won't read it correctly since it's looking for BPRE, BPEE, AXVE, AXPE, etc

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Because it's meant for GBA only. Plus if it's hacked, then all the data is shifted and it won't read it correctly since it's looking for BPRE, BPEE, AXVE, AXPE, etc
GBA-only? I think not... Pokemon Stadium 2 uses the Transfer Pak, and Pokemon Crystal works fine on it. Also, it's not shifted as I overwrote existing data without changing any alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back