• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
So far I've only nicknamed 2 Pokémon:
Scrafty: Getemup
Durant: Kevin (Don't use this, and was just me getting a kick out of the name Durant since that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the name.)

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
Years
I really don't nickname my pokemon...
I nicknamed my Blazikin: Raz once
And my friend caught an awsome psyduck that literaly owned everything so we called him shoop da woop
We also like to call Rayquaza Cupcake Dragon
and Cofagrigus the rape coffin

other than that I really need to start giving my pokemon nicknames.
Wasn't it in R/B/G if you nicknamed a pokemon it's stats would actuly go down a little, or was that just some myth I heard?

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2011
I name them on a whim, though sometimes they're pretty strange. Such as Giga Drill (over 9,000 cool points to you if you can guess where this nickname came from) the Excadrill.

oh! oh! GIGA...DRILL...BREAKERRR!!! sorry, couldn't resist

i think i want to start nicknaming all of the pokemon i use now,

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 1, 2018
I always pick a theme of nicknames for my main team, but most of the time the themes are like references to other video games I love. Like, I base some team on megaman, mother and zelda games.

For pokemon black, the nicknames were based on monsters/characters/etc of mother 3.

Eddy/Samurott - After Master Eddy!
Duster/Sawsbuck - Duster, mostly because it knew jump kick
Battyman/Swoobat - Mr. Batty or Battyman (his nickname because of his battle music)
Isaac/Bisharp - Isaac himself
Fuel/Reshiram - Fuel, I loved him & the name fits
Franklin/Gavantula - For the mighty Franklin Badge!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
My nicknames are as follows:
Nica the Audino
Sammy the Joltik (Okay, not yet but soon, I promise)
Seed Bby the Petilil (Well, that is its proper name)
and Torosaurus the Sandile

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Oh my goodness, nicknames. XD My main team's nicknames are as follows:

Kitani the male Haxorus (I couldn't think of anything to call him, and I asked my best friend for help, and this is what she gave me)

Kelladrie the female Chandelure (My first thought was Keladry from... a book series that I can't remember the title of currently, but I liked the name, so I altered the spelling)

Khorri the male Samurott (again, first thing that popped in my head)

Lillil the female Lilligant (I got her in the in-game trade since I've got Black, so couldn't rename her)

Saleyndra the female Zoroark (I wanted something that started with S, and... first thing I thought of XD)

Rekhumbria the Reshiram (Didn't want to stray too far from the name Reshiram, but still wanted to name it. So, this. XD)

MiSoRamen

Flying with Skyla
Years
Samurott: Oswald
Vanillish: Vanille
Lilligant: Yolei
Zebstrika: Blitzen
Pawniard: Tidus
Rufflet: Adric

I'm naming all of my pokemon that I catch in White. :D Usually I get lazy halfway through, but I've been going strong lately xD

Wow! My Samurott is also named Oswald :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • PA
  • Seen Mar 21, 2011
Emboar = Porkdinner

Zebstrika = Darkrider

Tirtouga = Turtlesoup

Zekrom = BlackMamba

I'll post more later.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
497.png
Male
Solid Snake, metal gear solid duh

561.png
Female
Psy-fly, pun on Sci-fi

565.png
Male
Rocky, named after the biggest fish I own

596.png
Male
Edward, named after Fullmetal Alchemist's main character

609.png
Female
Chandra, as in a chandelier

612.png
Male
Chris, named after my cousin who chops fire wood XD

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Does your cousin know about this?
Yes, why? We always name a pokemon after each other. The one's I pick that represent him are generally physical attackers and are large in size or weight (because he's a big guy)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yes, why? We always name a pokemon after each other. The one's I pick that represent him are generally physical attackers and are large in size or weight (because he's a big guy)

Was just wondering how he felt about being named after something with an axe for a face, if he found it amusing or if he didn't know.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
Here is a list of Pokemon who I named:

• Snivy (f) => Smuglord (I realized that my Snivy was a female after I named her...)
  • Tepig (m) => Kiai (I think it's like energy or something?)
  • Oshawott (m) => Derpderp (I thought it was a cute name for a cute pokemon)
  • Lillipup (f) => Asahina (She was cute, so I thought of Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • Audino (m) => Jenesepa (Corrupted French for "I don't know")
  • Patrat (m) => Edward (I saw that it was called the "Scout Pokemon" so I thought of an old cartoon called "Camp Lazlo")
  • Ducklett (m) => Tubbiewubb (I thought of bathtubs, and scrubbing, but it ended up sounding like "Tummy Rub")
  • Munna (f) => Megurine (Named after a Vocaloid who sang a song called "Dream Eater")
  • Pansage, Pansear, Panpour (m,m,m) => Laellos, Lelales, Dasderdie (Different ways of saying the word "the" in Spanish, French, and German)
  • Throh, Sawk (m,m) => Cremassa, Caustholo (The first one is "Massacre" rearranged and the second one is "Holocaust" rearranged)
  • Cryogonal => Kuraiogna (Corruption of its English name)
I always try to make the nicknames at least sound either unique, completely random, utterly left-fielded, or in another language, yet I always end up making it relate to the pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back