• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Finders

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

Bannerv1575229066085731iaza.gif

WELCOME! TO THE WORLD OF POKEMON FINDERS

General Info

Pokemon Finders, a game being made using the wonderful Rm2k3! I know it is difficult, but I like a challenge! I'm not that used to Rm2k3 but I'm used to RMXP, since they're similar Rm2k3 isn't that complicated. This is taken place in the Lenic Region (No region Map yet). Any suggestions?

Story

Team Rocket is back and is badder than ever! Giovanni has sent off his grunts to capture powerful Pokemon, and bring them to him. While himself is trying to catch the all-powerful Mew! Some Pokemon have been reported missing. Professor Oak from Lera Town has been noticing these missing reports growing, and growing. Throughout the whole region, Pokemon are being reported missing. You, a young Pokemon Trainer, are awoken by your mother. Professor Oak has decided to send you to find those Pokemon. Team Rocket get's sneekier, and it is up to you, to find the headquarters and stop Team Rocket. The World lies in your hands. Will you find all of the Pokemon?

Screenshots **NEW**

Spoiler:

Credits

~Neo-Dragon - Help with Rm2k3
~Remy - Awesome Tiles :D
~PokeCreator_06/Rm2k3Kid - Pokemon Liquid Graphics, Event Bases Etc.
~Kyledove - PC Idea

Progress

Maps - 12%
Custom Menu System - 0%
Custom Battle System - 0%

Team

Mapper - None
Graphic Designer - None
Scripter - None
Scripter - None
Beta Tester - None

Known Bugs

~ When some events happen, you are able to walk before they occur.

Last edited:

voltachu

in training pokemon hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
hey this looks like a good game i hope to see this develop more in the future =)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Thanks, be prepared for another update. Something about a Gym, possibly! Lots of Screenshots, and some more info. Maybe even a video. Depends on what I feel like letting you guys know ^_^

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Its looking good, except some of it looks really bare. Good Luck on progressing.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Its looking good, except some of it looks really bare. Good Luck on progressing.
If by bare, you mean the surfing map? That was just before I actually tiled the whole Village.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You also need to add in path ways and what not to help break up the maps. It will make them look a lot better just by adding them in.
Also, instead of the trees being in straight lines around the boarder of the map- try add a few popping in at the edges- that will also help the map look more detailed.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
You also need to add in path ways and what not to help break up the maps. It will make them look a lot better just by adding them in.
Also, instead of the trees being in straight lines around the boarder of the map- try add a few popping in at the edges- that will also help the map look more detailed.
Thanks! I will add that in! I don't have too good of pathways from Remy's Tileset, but I'll see what I can do. I never really agreed with some of the maps either.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Another Big update!!!! Sorta...

Anyways! I still need a CBS (Custom Battle System) and/or a CMS (Custom Menu System) Here is my progress so far on the new village:

PokeCenter: 90% (Needs events, mapping DONE)
Cave of Mystery: 60% (Same)
Gym: 60% (NEED CBS)
Pokemon Return Station: 50%
Village itself: 60% (Events, Designs, etc.)

I do have some screenshots.
Screenies3.png

Screen 1: A screenshot of the Cave of Mysteries
Screen 2: The first Gym Leader. (Misty)
Screen 3: 1st Trainer Battle (no CBS)
Screen 4: New PkmnCenter with rooms in the bag (Idea from KyleDove)
Screen 5: What does this lead to?

So if anybody would like to help me with the CBS and/or CMS, that would be very helpful!

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
If you are waiting to have someone do a CBS or a CMS why not CODE one YOURSELF.
On the other hand I would be happy to make you a CBS and a CMS (You will have to add some of the moves yourself).But PM me and when I'm not busy I'll make em'.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Nice,
but no offence did you get permission to use Remy's tiles?
Cos it's not a public tileset.

I found them on the internet. I gave full credit. They're GENIUS!

If you are waiting to have someone do a CBS or a CMS why not CODE one YOURSELF.
On the other hand I would be happy to make you a CBS and a CMS (You will have to add some of the moves yourself).But PM me and when I'm not busy I'll make em'.

I have tried...and tried...and tried...and they come out like poop. If you want to help just remember that is being made in Rm2k3.

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
I found them on the internet. I gave full credit. They're GENIUS!
No I'm serious, You can't just use them and give credit.
You had to have permission to use Remy's tiles. By the way, They were not public tiles!
It's just like people using Kyledove's Private tiles, when Kyle said that you can't.
And these tiles were only meant to be for Pokemon Treasures and Cyare. So you don't have the permission to use them.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
No I'm serious, You can't just use them and give credit.
You had to have permission to use Remy's tiles. By the way, They were not public tiles!
It's just like people using Kyledove's Private tiles, when Kyle said that you can't.
And these tiles were only meant to be for Pokemon Treasures and Cyare. So you don't have the permission to use them.
Well whatever don't worry. I changed to KyleDove's Public Tiles.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Sorry for the double post BUT! POKEMON FINDERS has gone through a huge graphic change! Now in... KYLEDOVE'S DP STYLE TILES!!! I also have all the overworld Pokemon in HGSS style overworlds, and characters in DP/Platinum possibly some HGSS style.

Here are some screenshots!

screenies4.png

Years
Allow me to refer to a deviantArt journal post Remy made the other day.

I'm still here ! ,, and i'm know people are using bits of my stuff here and there ...

so you all know ! You can use my tiles from NOW ON

Link, in case you don't believe me.

Really, you should switch back to Remy's stuff. It's quite original, and really caught my eye when I first saw your project. I was going to make the same comment about his stuff being private, but then he made that journal post on dA.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Allow me to refer to a deviantArt journal post Remy made the other day.

Link, in case you don't believe me.

Really, you should switch back to Remy's stuff. It's quite original, and really caught my eye when I first saw your project. I was going to make the same comment about his stuff being private, but then he made that journal post on dA.

Oh thanks, but it would be too much to work to switch back, plus I already have all of the DP charsets, and Kyledove's tilesets already imported to my game.

Thanks for telling me though!

Be prepared for another HUGE update! A couple of new characters also! I will reveal 2 of the elite four members!

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok another update!!!

First of all...I am about to reveal...2 of the Elite Four Members of the Lenic Region!

1st Member...PRYCE! Pryce has joined the Elite Four with these Pokemon:

Piloswine
Delibird
Dewgong
Milotic
Glaceon

2nd Member...Jack! Jack is a new member, and has these Pokemon

Steelix
Rhydon
Golem
Hippowdon
Pupitar

I have added some new characters also!

-----
Blake
-----
Blake is Professor Elna's Grandson.
His main Pokemon is his Munchlax.
More info to come!

-----
Professor Elna
-----
The Professor of Aquatic Village!
She gives you three starter Pokemon that she has caught.
Again, more info to come!

I am probably going to release a demo in about a month or so.
I am still in the process of mapping the second town.

Now here are some screens of my progress:

screenies5.png

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Looks well.
Your map work really has improved from what you first shown. The big open spaces are gone and the new maps seem to have nice layouts (from what I can tell).
The message box is a bit irritating to look at with the arrow for moving to the next part of the message so low. Either move the message box down or just get rid of it (that red arrow in the bottom middle).

Back