• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #74] Pokémon Kyanite - Sneak Peek released

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Thanks for your comments guys, I appriciate it.

Pandemonium:
I'll fix those. Thanks.

Question 1: Right after you return to Debu Town and become the gym leader. Your first challenger won't be that challenging.
Question 2: Well, I'm not sure about the league myself. I'll think of something.
Suggestion 1: Well, that's the problem. Story wise your rival is the first trainer you fight against. I could make it so the trainers appear after the battle. I guess I'll do that.
Suggestion 2: I thought of doing that, but it's kinda a tradition that your rival's pokémon is level 5 in the first battle.

Update:
Flash... some caves need it to navigate in a normal way. But the attack is useless. Very annoying, isn't it? Well, in Kyanite you don't need flash anymore...

Yes, parts of Mt. Helius (not all) will be pich black. But their are light here and there, but the old generator that is used to power them is no longer working. Maybe a strong electic attack can get it back to working?

Afbeelding2-35.png
Afbeelding3-37.png

The old generator in the first section of Mt. Helius. As you can see this part is light, so fixing this generator would make the lights work in a different section or floor of Mt. Helius.

Afbeelding4-35.png
Afbeelding9-24.png

A strong electic attack... What about Thunder?

Afbeelding6-31.png
Afbeelding7-29.png

Afbeelding8-29.png

Thunder does work, my Pikachu uses thunder and the generator is back to working, just are the lights, but in what section? That remains a question.

In the example I used Thunder, but it's not the only attack that you could use: any damaging electic attack (like Spark or ThunderPunch) will work. Attacks like Charge and ThunderWave won't.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update
This is one of those updates that doesn't look that special at first sight, but there may be more to it than meets the eye... (you win a free coockie if you get the reference!)

Afbeelding2-36.png
Afbeelding1-27.png

Afbeelding4-36.png
Afbeelding3-38.png

Afbeelding7-30.png
Afbeelding8-30.png

One of Professor Birch Aides who gives you a Light Ball? What is so special about that?
Maybe you could use the Light Ball for something different than giving it to your Pikachu? Maybe it has something to do with Pikachu's Signature move Volt Tackle without breeding? Maybe very likely... but I'm telling too much :x

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update
First of all I would like to thank my good friend Quil for inserting... I helped him, just a little bit. xD

Afbeelding4-37.png

Yay! The shiku worldmap, based on the real Shikoku region in Japan. I made the worldmap quite some time ago. But yeah, now it's finally in-game. Yet again; thanks quil for inserting it.

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update:

Afbeelding6-32.png
Afbeelding7-31.png

Afbeelding8-31.png

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I don't know a thousand words, so I'll keep it short. XD A move tutor that can teach your pokémon some moves. What pokémon can learn what attacks isn't so hard to figure out.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update:
One of the important features in Kyanite is Stargaze hotel. You can relax there, but more importantly: you can relax there with your Pokémon.
In the old version you would see your pokémon walking around. But that's not what we want! We want to have our pokémon following us! That's now possible!
Because this is version 1 of the system, there are a few bugs, but what new system is bug free anyway? Because it relies on a key check while you are walking, the system won't determine what direction the pokémon should move in if you aren't holding any buttons.
Also, there is no collision ditection for the pokémon character, so yes, it can walk trough walls while you can't (blame it on the cheat devices!)
I'll fix those issues. ^^

Afbeelding9-25.png
Afbeelding10-24.png

Watch the vid

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Sweet, the only problem I see with it is the OW just jumping(but that's an OW issue, not a script issue). It looks great man, GL.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
i figured out how you did it, it's not that hard, but still nice job

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Update:

It's not much, but it's something... :3
Afbeelding1-28.png

Err, what's this? A trainer? Grass? A weird pattern in the grass? You'll have to find out yourself!

Rates? Comments? Thoughts? Ideas?

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2010
Okay so few mistakes what I have found are:

1: When speaking with your father he says altough at somepoint in the confersation maybe you wanna change it to although.
2: When you set on your journey he gives you PokéballS, maybe you should change it to Pokéball's and maybe even mention the ammount of Pokéball's obtained, also when he give me a potion I accually got 5, maybe you wanna change that.
3: In your room, there is a PC, however it seems that it won't work. Maybe you don't wanna give user access to it you could at least mention, broken or in system is in maintenance. Maybe you should do a miniquest to obtain access to PC.
4: When having a first trainer battle the one who explains is professor Oak. You may wanna fix this.
5: When asking about alternate colours Beech tells about Yellow Lickitung and green muk, Muk should be spelled with a big M.
6: The boy just outside of Kyanite's Pokémon gym tells us about 2 Pidgeys and how they are different, how ever the word does not show completely, we can read only differ.
7: Close the house that rejuvinates your Pokémon there is a few bushes that you can't enter.

That's about all I could find, this is nice start and I hope to see more one of the best hack ideas I have seen.

Question 1: When did you think that first gym challenger would show up? After you beat your rival and go back to home to inform Kyanite's father would be good time to have a first challenger, and I hope there are lots of challengers.

Question 2: Pokémon League is mystery for me, can even gymleaders enter, and will you have all your challengers there and have a tournament like matchup they have in anime, and winner can challenge the Elite Four and finally the Champion. Or are you planning something else? Well gym battles of course, because main character will be challenged a lot I think :P

Suggestion 1: Maybe beetween those citys there could be a few trainers.

Suggestion 2: Make Rival's Pokemon lot's of stronger, lvl 10 - 15 would be good, lvl 5 was a sweep with my level 12 Cyndaquil.

//Thankz, chrunch btw//

Not trying to offend you or anything, but, you shouldn't teach people about the English language if you don't know it too well.

First:
2: When you set on your journey he gives you PokéballS, maybe you should change it to Pokéball's and maybe even mention the ammount of Pokéball's obtained, also when he give me a potion I accually got 5, maybe you wanna change that.
The grammar was correct in the first place.
PokéballS = MULTIPLE Pokéballs. Which is correct.

Pokéball'S = Is like saying "His items." replacing 'his' with 'Pokéball'S'
Example - John'S items. Mary'S items. Pokéball'S items. Which is incorrect.

Second:
6: The boy just outside of Kyanite's Pokémon gym tells us about 2 Pidgeys and how they are different, how ever the word does not show completely, we can read only differ.
The word differ does exist.
Differ = Different.
Those apples differ from one another. = Those apples are different.

The rest seems fine as I cannot play this demo because I'm in a rush, but, When I come back, I will surely try this. Looks promising.

Note: No pun intended.

Also,
The image in the Pokemarket when you're taking to a professor about Birch ->
has an error. Instead of the word 'From', you wrote 'Form'. Just pointing it out :]

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
XRaindrop: No worries :') I will just change the capital S when you obtain an item in a normal s (no extra ') and I'll just keep differ. I know about 'form' instead of 'from'. I'll fix it.

Random update because I can

I'm really busy with school. So I have no time to do the real hacking, so I decided to do some mapping.

Afbeelding1-29.png
Afbeelding3-39.png

Random screens of a random map I made yesterday and today. It's neither a city nor a route.

Years
Looks great. Screenies are awesome and some of the scripting is really great.

Looking forward for more updates

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
The more I see of this, the more amazing it looks. I'd kill to know how you scripted some of this... fantastic job!
Erm, is there some sort of test the character needs to take before becoming a gym leader? Leadership by succession seems rather haphazard.
Again, amazing hack.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Finished the Beta...am now addicted to the special Beta test.
Feraligatr at level 62 and counting, Nidorino held in reserve at 44 for the time being...

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Finished the Beta...am now addicted to the special Beta test.
Feraligatr at level 62 and counting, Nidorino held in reserve at 44 for the time being...
:shocked:
level 62!?
That's....strong.......
Quilava, level 22 is my best...

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
My Feraligatr will eat your Quilava :)
He's already grown fat on thousands of Skitty, Cyndaquil, Dratini, and Chansey.
Oh, btw, how did you script that, iTeruri? It would get rather tedious inserting all those consecutive trainer parties, did you have some sort of script that automatically adds to the Pokemons' level over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back