• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Mystic Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022

title-10.png

Pokemon: Mystic Version

Pokemon Mystic is a hack of Pokemon Firered Version.

It is being made by solely me with only the help of a few people at rare times. Personally I prefer to work on my own. So please do not ask if you can beta test etc, that will be my choice and if I want your assistance I will PM you. Thanks for any support though and I will be glad to make a game which I hope you guys can enjoy.

Background Story

To the west of Johto is the land of Lurre. This land like its fellow regions is quite the tranquil place for a trainer to start out at. It has 8 gyms throughout the region and a central battle finale known as simply 'the six'. Strangely enough though odd occurrences have been happening through out the land. Abductions of trainers, gym leaders mysteriously vanishing and stories of fright from around the cities. Some say Team Rocket has been snooping around for a while now, others say that the region's central powers, 'the six' have been exterminating competition in some respect. But truly no one knows.

Helio Town, present day.

A young boy reaches the age of eligibility to gain his first Pokemon. This being you. His father, a famous professor of the region gives a wide variety of selections. This being starter Pokemon from every other region (excluding DPP starters). Unaware of the turmoil around the region you start on your journey in to the unknown. This is Mystic version!

Features

• New Region of Lurre
    [*]Sidequests
    [*]New hero and heroine
    [*]New twists in storyline
    [*]New championship system
    [*]New minigames
    [*]New professor
    [*]Meet some classic characters
    [*]*May include* Kurt the pokeball maker ^.^
Screenshots

2-17.png
FirstScreen-3.png
1-20.png
4-12.png
3-18.png
grasso.gif

Fanbars

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6124465#post6124465"][IMG]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4917/userbarip.gif[/IMG][/URL]

By Disrupter

Credits

Kyledove - Various pixel works
Horus (Black Charizard) - Titlescreen help
Gas 13 - Titlescreen background pixel art
Laidjon - Tiles
Milk - Da CSS wich lewks cewl

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
If the titlescreen is real, it looks very, very good.
I also like the base tiles you're using much.

Good luck with this hack :)

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Hey Panda, looking very good, I like the Tiles you have chosen, they look very nice and are inserted nicely. The worldmap is looking good also. Good luck!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Wow, i like the 256 color title screen you inserted, which i btw was wondering if you sprited by yourself. And i also like the palette you've chosen. One thing i dont like is the world map. The roads look wrong

Years
This hack looks awesome! I would love to play it when your done with it. Good luck finishing the hack.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Feel free to shoot me down, I'm just wondering to be honest. But, are you allowed to use this piece of pixel art? I checked the comments and there's nobody asking there and all. I'm just wondering seeing as you may have PMed the author or something.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow. I always love good titlescreens. Did you really insert it? That's amazing if you did.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for all the comments, the title is really inserted by the way.

Update

Helio3.png
Helio.png
Helio2.png

This is Helio Town, the players hometown and town of the famous Professor Ketchum's Lab. Professor Ketchum is the uncle of the now famous trainer in Kanto by the name of Ash Ketchum. Professor will be taking over the rivals position in the intro as his first name will be for your decision! Events are still being planned and I prefer not to spoil them until I get decent progress on the actual scripting progress. So far mapping has been good.

Also the towns tiles are not final... I wanted to get some replies and see if I should put new ones in or if these are good, thanks for any sort of response and I hope you enjoyed this update. Further extensive updates are coming in the foreseeable future

Panda.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Whoops, sorry. But here's the other thing in my message that I also meant to say:

The game looks awesome, especially the titlescreen!!!! I just think that you should use different building tiles. Then it would look really good!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
This looks amazing! Honest... but I would like to see new building tiles. ;)
Anyway, if you need any help, just ask!
Good luck! :)

Thank you :D

Whoops, sorry. But here's the other thing in my message that I also meant to say:

The game looks awesome, especially the titlescreen!!!! I just think that you should use different building tiles. Then it would look really good!

Thanks, and yes, to both of you ^^, new building tiles will be inserted.

VS.

Read before Voting!!!

Vote for right or left! I prefer Left, but some said my tiles were not very good, also on the right, you would be voting to keep only the core tiles (mountains, trees, bush, sign, etc. All the rest would be subject to change!)​

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'd pick left. I just prefer those tiles than the other side, as well as the pallet (the mountain is too red on right as well). You have a tile error on the first tree closest to the stairs on the left side too btw :)

I'd imagine that those trees take a lot of blocks just to manage with :/

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I'd pick left. I just prefer those tiles than the other side, as well as the pallet (the mountain is too red on right as well). You have a tile error on the first tree closest to the stairs on the left side too btw :)

I'd imagine that those trees take a lot of blocks just to manage with :/

My thinking as well, also yes, the trees on the right are very very annoying to work with. Just throwing something out there though. :), thanks :D

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
I'd also pick left cause it gives me the natural feeling
of an healthy environment.

I don't like the right one cause the color of the trees
don't contrast well with the grass and the mountains.

I got my blood rushing when I see this Hack! Hope
to see more Updates!

Keep up the Good Work! Good Luck! :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I love the right grass tiles on right, but I'm gonna have to pick left. And this hack looks pretty awesome, good luck!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Well I did edit some palettes once again on the right one.
For those who want to see....
Spoiler:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I really don't like those trees, but of course it's up to you.

Well so far I have had all votes towards the old tiles so I shall stick with those.

I have inserted also new building tiles and in the next update i shall reveal them...

This battle between tiles is over. It seems my days effort went to no avail. To me that is fine as those trees were very annoying to map with.

Until next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back