• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon in HGSS

Years
How frequently do you see Shiny Pokemon in HGSS? Do you catch them straight away or do you catch certian shinies? At the moment, none for me :(, but im not giving up.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
according to Serebii.net, the odds of seeing a shiny Pokemon in the wild is a 1/8000 chance. Every Pokemon has a shiny version. They're just really, really rare varieties of all the available Pokemon.

I myself have never ever seen one, and I've been playing the games for sixteen years, but my friend is a few years younger than me has a lot of shinys. I think it just depends on how frequently you play the game.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Shinies are wierd. Generally, I have found one shiny or more per game, since i play them a lot, but i haven't caught all of them. I try, but sometimes i dont make it. Either i have no pokeballs, or they run away :(

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I've encountered one shiny in the wild out of 12 years of playing. It was a Patrat.

ZeldaStrife

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
yeah, what everyone else said. they're just really, really, really rare Pokemon with color variations. XD

Technically speaking, the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage is a shiny Pokemon, but I personally dont count that as a rarity since it is there every time you play the game--it is built into the storyline.

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Next to never. I started playing back in the Pokemon Red days, and I've only seen 7 shinies ever.

Caught 3 of them. =(

Years
In SoulSilver I encountered two random shinies! ^^ Shiny Magnemite and Shiny Teddiursa and later I decided to hunt on Delibird and got it shiny too.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
I haven't encountered a shiny in hg/ss yet but, I have gotten a shiny Totodile as my starter. I was just scrolling through the starters and when Totodiles' picture showed up it was a shiny.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've had incredibly good luck with finding shinies. I've got at least ten of them, spanning from two in Leaf Green to three in White. As for HG/SS, I've found a shiny Meowth in SS, but none others as I spend more time with my other games.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'll catch any shiny I see, but that only applies to two so far. I found a shiny Gloom in HG and a shiny Marill in Emerald. I do wish I could find more, but I'm not too dedicated to it.

Years
I vaguely remember seeing one when I was young, but I thought it was just either me or the game that was strange. I had no idea about shinies, lol. Other than that, I never run across them in my games (except Gyarados in HeartGold).

I don't see what the obsession is with shinies. Is it just because they're so rare that everyone loves them? I don't really see any significance. I couldn't care less! :P

ZeldaStrife

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Lordy, I must be the most unlucky person on the planet because i have never seen one EVER in all my years of playing Pokemon.

I don't see what the obsession is with shinies. Is it just because they're so rare that everyone loves them? I don't really see any significance. I couldn't care less! :P

I do agree with you there, Wyatt Fire.

Years
I saw and catch a shiny goldeen on my ev training. Oh I also throw a masterball at it. The nature was gentle. I couldn't do nothing with that. :'(

-Can Man

^ Since '99
Years
I caught a shiny Tentacool the other day in HG and that is my first ever shiny in any game, I had a little nerd moment when it popped up lol

ZeldaStrife

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
The Red Gyarados from lake of rage and a green swinub are my shinies.

Personally, I dont consider that red Gyarados a true, rare shiny because it is there every time the game is played--it is a key element to the story and it will always be there.

However, I suppose that if I were to count it, then I've seen one shiny Pokemon--the red Gyarados. XD

Back