• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Got a 3DS/3DS XL?

Got a 3DS/3DS XL

• Already did!

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • Not yet!

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Never will!

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Years
Well I'm Canadian so I can be limited for something like Craigslist. And I could be even more limited just because of my province which is Quebec.

Well, at least it's not Nunavut province! Well, yeah, that's tougher. I would scout for anything that is in the 120 range online, in the described places, except for craiglist. I think I saw a 128 with few to no scratches, similar to mine on Cowboom, in the auction section. But you can always buy it now at the 128 unless you think you can nab it cheaper by bidding. Um...and if you're not opposed to a 3DS standard model, those go for in good condition 80-90 on the rare occasion, like Amazon. The shipping might not be an issue from the right buyer on Amazon, and Cowboom uses UPS, which seems like it would service areas of Canada.

Maybe EB games has some sort of deal. Online it states that a refurbished one is $170, which is way better than Gamestop's $190!! And your dollar is worth more than ours. You could save shipping costs and get a complete system and save $30 from retail price that way.

Well those are a couple options. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Not yet. Saving up still.

Not sure whether should I get the 3DS or the XL though...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not yet. Saving up still.

Not sure whether should I get the 3DS or the XL though...

They are both the same, other than screen size. If you have a DSiXL and have been playing it a while, you might want to get a 3DSXL. The Screen is 90% bigger than the normal 3DS screen, which is smaller than a DSiXL screen I believe. I think the 3DSXL screen is bigger that DSiXL screen. Once I get use to a screen size, I can't stand playing on smaller sizes. That is my opinion though. If you are use to the small screen, I would go ahead and get just the normal 3DS.

Also the normal 3DS has more colors than XL at the moment in the US.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, I haven't gotten one yet, but I was sure I wanted to as soon as X/Y were announced. I've already been left out of the majority of the fourth and fifth generation games because I never got a DS, which is why that's a mistake I won't make again. It seems like X/Y is gonna be a bit of a turning point for the franchise, so it's not something I want to miss out on, not to mention all the other Pokemon titles that have already been released for the 3DS, as well as all the Zelda games that are gonna be on it! /unrelated

But yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna get one before X/Y are released. Let's just hope I still have enough money for X/Y then ;D

Years
Well, I haven't gotten one yet, but I was sure I wanted to as soon as X/Y were announced. I've already been left out of the majority of the fourth and fifth generation games because I never got a DS, which is why that's a mistake I won't make again. It seems like X/Y is gonna be a bit of a turning point for the franchise, so it's not something I want to miss out on, not to mention all the other Pokemon titles that have already been released for the 3DS, as well as all the Zelda games that are gonna be on it! /unrelated

But yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna get one before X/Y are released. Let's just hope I still have enough money for X/Y then ;D

Haha, I admittedly purchased my 3DS for Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, as well as Smash Bros in additional to X and Y. It's just finally the right time to have a 3ds!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Well, at least it's not Nunavut province! Well, yeah, that's tougher. I would scout for anything that is in the 120 range online, in the described places, except for craiglist. I think I saw a 128 with few to no scratches, similar to mine on Cowboom, in the auction section. But you can always buy it now at the 128 unless you think you can nab it cheaper by bidding. Um...and if you're not opposed to a 3DS standard model, those go for in good condition 80-90 on the rare occasion, like Amazon. The shipping might not be an issue from the right buyer on Amazon, and Cowboom uses UPS, which seems like it would service areas of Canada.

Maybe EB games has some sort of deal. Online it states that a refurbished one is $170, which is way better than Gamestop's $190!! And your dollar is worth more than ours. You could save shipping costs and get a complete system and save $30 from retail price that way.

Well those are a couple options. Sorry if this doesn't help.

I tried Cowboom and it only ask for States and not Provinces for the adress.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Black 3DS XL out in 2 days. I'm not sure the retailers such as Best Buy actually put it up on shelf, though.

My Gamestop where I live, they are already out. I think they came out the day I went there. Though I could be wrong, I may have read the sign wrong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I tried to find one on Amazon.com and it always said it couldn't send to my Adress, Amazon.ca have almost no 3DS XL and they sell for 199$, it seems I will need to buy one at the store since no auction website want to send where I live ...

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I got a 3DS XL last November from Switzerland with no actual game on mind, i was just impressed with the machine :P eventually i got ocarina of time and got hooked and i was so happy when x and y got announced to 3DS. getting my copy a few days after its release from Belgium ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2018
I have a question! I am really excited to play Pokemon X and Y and I see there will be a new evolution for Blaziken! Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon and I really want Mega-Blaziken. I heard that to evolve Blaziken you need Blazikenite and can only be obtained ocober 12th.
That seems okay but my mom turns 54 that day my birthday is october 26th! I don't even have 3DS so my mom suggested I get 3DS on my birthday with Pokemon Y! I accepted it and mom knows my love for pokemon is HUGE! Now I can't get Torchic or Mega Blaziken! WHY!????? So my big brother said I should get an action replay to cheat the Torchic since he has cheated Arceus event on his diamond. Will there be a code for this Torchic? I need HIIM! I know this should not be posted here but come on people! I am new! If someone here could contact me that they will happily create a cheat code for this Torchic I will accept it!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I tried desperately to buy a 3DS when it was released, but I wasn't able to. I did, however, get one last month. I had wanted one before X and Y were announced, but never got it until after.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
I got my 3DS very early, probably one of the few to get it when it first came out.

I know there was some doubt for it originally, but now there are lot's of games for it, including X & Y, so I'm grateful for buying mine.

But now they have new colors like purple, which makes me jealous :|

Years
Well, I got my 3DS for Christmas in the same year that it came out, which is before the games were announced. When X and Y came out, I was like, Yaaaaaaaaay!, so... yup.

Years
I have a question! I am really excited to play Pokemon X and Y and I see there will be a new evolution for Blaziken! Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon and I really want Mega-Blaziken. I heard that to evolve Blaziken you need Blazikenite and can only be obtained ocober 12th.
That seems okay but my mom turns 54 that day my birthday is october 26th! I don't even have 3DS so my mom suggested I get 3DS on my birthday with Pokemon Y! I accepted it and mom knows my love for pokemon is HUGE! Now I can't get Torchic or Mega Blaziken! WHY!????? So my big brother said I should get an action replay to cheat the Torchic since he has cheated Arceus event on his diamond. Will there be a code for this Torchic? I need HIIM! I know this should not be posted here but come on people! I am new! If someone here could contact me that they will happily create a cheat code for this Torchic I will accept it!

Don't worry, the Torchic with the mega stone will be available till mid january, so even if you get the game later than Octobar 12th you can still get the Torchic.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I got mine last year in June. That was before Pokémon X & Y were announced. I don't remember how much I paid for it exactly, but I think it was $140. I'm glad I bought one of these, because now, I won't have to go through all the trouble of buying one when X & Y are actually released. xD

I haven't touched my 3DS in about six months, but that'll change as soon as I get my hands on Pokémon Y in October.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
I finally cracked and got a 3DS XL last year on Black Friday. It was a good deal and it's a great upgrade over my old DS Lite. Lovin' the big screen.

Years
I tried to find one on Amazon.com and it always said it couldn't send to my Adress, Amazon.ca have almost no 3DS XL and they sell for 199$, it seems I will need to buy one at the store since no auction website want to send where I live ...

EB Games looks like it's your only option for the 170 refurbished :(
Sorry I couldn't help.

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Just picked up my 3DS XL, can't seem to put it down. I'm always doing something on it, considering how I never got a DS lite and I had the OG DS the whole time. So it was a big step up for me lol. But I just pre ordered and paid off full Pokemon Y to the gamestop right next to my college {:3}

Back