• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
...They specifically say "cards" to keep the Ojama abuse away. Of course, that also means Trap Monsters and stuff like Dandylion is perfect for the theme...

Striker's Draw: Again, Miscount turns this absolutely crazy. Ojama Trio suddenly began increasing your draw power by three too...six with Miscount. x.O

...I knew I forgot something:

Striker's Draw
Normal Spell
You can only activate this card if you have 3 or more cards on your side of the field. If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may draw a number of cards equal to the difference. Ignore the effect of "Striker's Miscount" for the purpose of this effect.

Striker's Reunion
Quick-Play Spell
If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon 1 "Striker" monster from your Graveyard whose effect lists a number equal to or less than the difference +1. Treat the monster summoned by this effect as having been summoned by its own effect.

Note to self: never post new cards less than an hour before midnight. >.<

Anyway, you are right about some of the other cards. After all, they were posted last stage, so I guess I should give them a bit of a tweak. Let's see here...

Nightmare Striker
7 Stars/DARK/Fiend
ATK: 2800 DEF: 2000
When the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is at least 5 more than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is summoned, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. Increase this damage by 2000 if it was Special Summoned by its own effect.

Striker's Trick
Quick-Play Spell
Until the end of the turn, you may move two face-down cards on your side of the field to your opponent's side. Your opponent cannot look at or activate/Flip Summon any cards you switch control of.

Striker's Trap
Continuous Trap
After activation, place this card in an open Spell/Trap Card zone on your opponent's side of the field. As long as this card is face-up on your opponent's side of the field, inflict 400 points of damage to your opponent during each of your Standby Phases. This face-up card counts as two cards being present on the field.

Striker Force
3 Stars/DARK/Fiend
ATK 1400/DEF 800
If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is 1 or more greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, add 1 card with "Striker" in its card name from your Deck to your Hand.

Dark World Striker
5 Stars/DARK/Fiend
ATK 2200/DEF 1500
When this card is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, Special Summon this card to your side of the field. At that time, if this card was discarded by your opponent's card effect and your opponent has more cards in his/her hand than you do, look at your opponent's hand and discard cards from it until the number of cards in each player's hand is the same.

Funny thing you should revisit these at the same time when I came up with something hauntingly resemblant of an anti-theme to them. XD

Frost Gigas
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1150 Atk / 1550 Def

When this card is Summoned successfully, you may select one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field and treat it as occupied for as long this card remains on the Field. If you do, the original Atk of this card is doubled.

Self-sealing, eh? Not sure I can say that I like it, since it limits your own options. Of course, it also completely prevents overextending, which is good. You just need to make sure the effect is worth it...which this one might be. GAF-level ATK without Tributing is good, yes, but without the extra space...

Oh, and let's not forget about Ojama Trio. That's a quick way to get locked.

Protector of the Ice Boundary
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1300 Atk / 1900 Def

By selecting an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, negate the destruction of a WATER Attribute Monster you control once. (Damage Calculation, if any, is applied normally) The Spell or Trap Card Zone you selected is treated as occupied until your second Standby Phase after this effect was activated.

Hmm...useful for recruiter-summoning and certainly helpful in a pinch, but DaD will just go right through you anyway. Still...that's a rather decent DEF, and with the extra protection, you might be able to wall out for a little bit (as in, a turn or two).

Ice Valkyrie
Aqua/Effect
6 Star/Water
2300 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card is Special Summoned, select one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field and the selected Monster Card Zone is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field. Once per turn, by selecting one unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your Field, Special Summon one WATER Attribute Monster from your Graveyard to a Monster Card Zone on your Field other than the one you selected. The selected Monster Card Zone is then treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field.

Okay, I suppose. Just Normal Summon it and it becomes a Il Blud/Doom Shaman-type situation for your monsters. There's too much of a chance for backfiring, though...

Tundra Seer

Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Water
1100 Atk / 1600 Def

Whenever the effect of a Normal, Quick-Play, or Ritual Spell Card is resolved, the Spell or Trap Card Zone that the card was in becomes occupied until your second End Phase after the card's activation.

Now THIS card...this I can see getting splashed into several decks. Hello Monster Reborn, MST, Fissure, Smashing Ground, and all of your staple friends! Recruiter-searchable, too, which certainly helps.

Tundra Wolf
Beast/Effect
3 Star/Water
1000 Atk / 600 Def

This card gains 400 Atk for each "Tundra Wolf" you control. Once per turn, you may Special Summon up to two "Tundra Wolf"s from your Deck. A Monster Special Summoned by this effect can not be offered as Tribute for a Tribute Summon or attack your opponent directly. At the End of the turn when this effect was activated, return all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect to your Deck and shuffle it. The Monster Card Zone(s) occupied by Monster(s) Special Summoned by this effect remain occupied until your third End Phase after this effect was activated.

So...recruiter hatred? Or you just clear the field with the other two and swing directly with the third for 2200 damage? Eh, good for a 1-turn swarm, but that backfire is still a problem.

Frost Seal
Continuous Spell

For each of your Spell and Trap Card Zones that is occupied when this card is activated, select an unoccupied Monster, Spell or Trap Card Zone on your opponent's Field. The selected zone(s) are treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field.

I see. So the idea is to block up your field in order to block off your opponent, eh? Not bad, but I doubt a lot of people would be masochistic enough to actually make real use of this card.

Glory Snow
Normal Spell

Select two of your unoccupied Monster or Spell and Trap Card Zones to activate this card. For the remainder of the Duel, the selected zones are treated as occupied. Draw two cards.

...Even with Frost Seal, this really feels like a -1 card (+2 for the draws, but sort of -2 on field advantage), so I would avoid it. Seriously, this self-destruction style is going a bit too far.

Frozen Grave
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent Tribute Summons a Monster. Negate all effects of the Tribute Summoned Monster and destroy it then select a number of unoccupied Monster or Spell and Trap Card Zones on your opponent's Field up to the number of Monsters tributed for the Monster destroyed by this effect. For as long as this card remains on the Field, the Zones you selected are treated as occupied and your opponent may not Special Summon any Monsters from his/her Graveyard.

I sense recursion & Monarch hatred. ...So Monster Reborn & Premature Burial are gone, but...who really goes for Tribute Summoning lately other than the random Monarchs?

...The whole problem I see with your set is that it seals you off from playing more cards when you need to. Most skilled players could take advantage of that by leaving stuff like an abused Valkyrie or Tundra Wolf out, and you cannot rely on Frost Seal to block off your opponent. Also, once again, there is a serious Ojama Trio weakness here, since you're already sealing off your own field.

Now to toss out a couple more...

Speed Striker
2 Stars/DARK/Fiend
ATK 1200/DEF 900
If the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field is 4 or more greater than the number of cards on your side of the field, you may Special Summon this card and 1 additional "Striker" monster from your hand. When this card is summoned by this effect, draw 1 card for every other face-up "Striker" monster on the field.

Striker's Alliance
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated, place 3 "Alliance Tokens" on it. Once per turn, you may pay 1000 Life Points to remove 1 "Alliance Token" from this card and discard 1 "Striker" monster from your hand. Treat the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field as increased by a number equal to half the discarded monster's Level (rounded down). If this card has no Alliance Tokens on it, destroy this card.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
...They specifically say "cards" to keep the Ojama abuse away. Of course, that also means Trap Monsters and stuff like Dandylion is perfect for the theme...

Secret Barrel and Spatial Collapse also say "Cards"; both count Ojama Tokens. The ruling, as I recall, is that a token counts as a card on your field. =O

Striker's Draw: Ehh...the problem with theme really is miscount, when you get right down to it, because doubled numbers just get crazy that fast. *Meaningful glance at tokens* Given the Barrel/Collapse rulings precedent, Ojama Trio is still three extra cards. There's got to be a cap in there somewhere; I mean, just imagine multiple Miscounts being sprung on the same turn, followed by this. >.< We already got Allure for draw power too.

Striker's Reunion: Well, now that they don't net full effect for just any special summon I suppose that this is pretty much staple for the archetype, though still somewhat troublesome to play at times. Fair enough, I suppose.

Nightmare Striker: Simochi'd Gift Card level damage combined with a DMoC-size body? Not too bad, given that you manage to bait your opponent into committing enough cards to the field first.

Striker's Trick: Unless we do the committing ourselves. Suddenly, first-turn Nightmare Striker became a very real prospect. Guess the dude at the receiving end had better hope they have Emergency Provisions set if you try to toss dud S/T. (Lawl, big odds of that happening XD)

Striker's Trap: Even more reason for those teched Provisions. The burn is almost small enough to be moot, but the extra 2 to your card count most certainly isn't.

Striker Force: Striker equivalent of recruiter. Easy to deploy for a quick extra poke or tribute material for a bigger beater.

Dark World Striker: yay for cross-theme monsters? xD Well, it's a pretty nasty effect, but since it requires quite a bit of setup (or a specific playstyle from your opponent) to pull its trick off, I see no problem. Fair enough.

Speed Striker: So it's instant gratification we're after, eh? Well, since the second striker is summoned by this card's effect rather than its own, I guess it's fair enough.

Striker's Alliance: I find myself looking in vain for a duration limit to this. Yes, it takes 1000 LP, but you seriously only need to use this once to get all your strikers online and go crazy. This could do with some serious balancing, really.

Overall...strikers still have a bit of trouble taking on conservative plastyles as the only passable lead of their own that they've got is a set Striker Force. Even with that, though, Royal Oppression pretty much kills them, and they definitely aren't on friendly terms with the current format's hype monster, Prime Material Dragon, either. I suppose you could splash in some infrastructure from DaD decks to flesh it out, hopping to push your opponent to commit cards and then punishing them with DaD or a high-level striker, but I dunno'. As it is, these pretty much stand or fall depending on how fast and frequently you get your hands on Miscount and Trick. =O

...The whole problem I see with your set is that it seals you off from playing more cards when you need to. Most skilled players could take advantage of that by leaving stuff like an abused Valkyrie or Tundra Wolf out, and you cannot rely on Frost Seal to block off your opponent. Also, once again, there is a serious Ojama Trio weakness here, since you're already sealing off your own field.

As someone with a lot of games involving Spatial Collapse and said trio behind him, I feel inclined to disagree. Yes, at a glance the tokens seem like a very efficient clog to this, but in practice the ice monsters fill up their own zones very fast, so by the time you reach your solitary allowed copy of Ojama Trio, odds are that there won't be enough unoccupied monster card zones to activate it. Most of the clogs are also temporary, and can be dispelled either by holding out a turn or two (like Wolf or Protector) or just tributing the offending monster (Gigas and Valkyrie). As for Glory Snow...I was having a hard time deciding on that one, as I thought that getting what is essentially triple Pot of Greed might be a bit too...cheap if you just have to commit one zone. I think I prefer making the player agonize over whether or not they should add another copy to the build for the 'free' draw power, because I'm a sadist. XD

Also, to answer your question: Prime Material Dragon is also tribute summoned now, by basically every deck with the infrastructure to support it, and there's still the ocassional LaDD variant of Dark Armed decks. Frozen Grave handily intercepts its self-protection effect too. Funny coincidence, eh? *Innocent smile*

Aaaanyhow...

Avalanche Caller
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1800 Atk / 900 Def

Once per turn, by selecting an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, select one Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's Field and destroy it. Both the selected Spell and Trap Card Zone and the Spell and Trap Card Zone occupied by the card destroyed by this effect are treated as occupied until your second Standby Phase after this effect was activated. On the turn when this effect was activated, this card can not attack.

Glacier Dragon
Sea Serpent/Effect
8 Star/Water
2900 Atk / 2500 Def

When this card is Special Summoned, all unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your Field are treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on your Field. By selecting one unoccupied Monster, Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, negate the activation and effect of a card that targets this card and destroy it. The Zone you selected is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, the Monster Card Zone that Monster was in can not be used for the remained of the duel.

Oppressive Snow
Normal Spell

For each of your occupied Spell and Trap Card Zones, select one face-down card on your opponent's Field. Your opponent may not flip any of the selected card(s) face-up until your third Standby Phase after this card's activation. This effect can not be chained to.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Striker's Alliance: I find myself looking in vain for a duration limit to this. Yes, it takes 1000 LP, but you seriously only need to use this once to get all your strikers online and go crazy. This could do with some serious balancing, really.

How about now?

Aaaanyhow...

Avalanche Caller
Aqua/Effect
4 Star/Water
1800 Atk / 900 Def

Once per turn, by selecting an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, select one Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's Field and destroy it. Both the selected Spell and Trap Card Zone and the Spell and Trap Card Zone occupied by the card destroyed by this effect are treated as occupied until your second Standby Phase after this effect was activated. On the turn when this effect was activated, this card can not attack.

Good. Very good, indeed. Freebie S/T lockdown and a sizable beatstick, too. More punishments for overextending, I see.

Glacier Dragon
Sea Serpent/Effect
8 Star/Water
2900 Atk / 2500 Def

When this card is Special Summoned, all unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your Field are treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on your Field. By selecting one unoccupied Monster, Spell or Trap Card Zone on your Field, negate the activation and effect of a card that targets this card and destroy it. The Zone you selected is treated as occupied for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, the Monster Card Zone that Monster was in can not be used for the remained of the duel.

...Hmm...don't we already have one? Anyway, the self-protection is more of the icing on the cake compared to the last effect. The two of these together would be a quick lockdown. ...However, you might want to specify some sort of timing on that first part, since it would currently seal up any occupied zones that become unoccupied later. :\

Oppressive Snow
Normal Spell

For each of your occupied Spell and Trap Card Zones, select one face-down card on your opponent's Field. Your opponent may not flip any of the selected card(s) face-up until your third Standby Phase after this card's activation. This effect can not be chained to.

So Xing-Zhen-Hu in spell form and affecting monsters as well? Easily usable, since just one set will seal off an opponent's.

Hmm...you're starting to make the set more usable, but most of the effects are either too weak to justify sealing off your field or so strong that they almost justify being splashable.

Striker's Miscount
Normal Trap
Double the count of cards on your opponent's side of the field until the end of the turn. You can only activate 1 "Striker's Miscount" per turn.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
However, you might want to specify some sort of timing on that first part, since it would currently seal up any occupied zones that become unoccupied later. :\

It's meant to be that way, actually, because Glacier Dragon is a big bully and doesn't want to share the field with...well, anything, really. XD

Besides, I'm sick of people always getting off easy with summoning their big beaters.

How about now?

It still has the same problem. .__. Like I said, because even the lowliest striker is 4 stars while the highest current striker requirement is 5 cards, you need to activate that card's effect precisely once to grant permanent access to all striker special summons at virtually any time. >.< The boost is just too big, and that's not even taking into account the out-of-set synergies. Bubble Crash, anyone? Pitch Nightmare or Dark World Striker to this and that card turns into a bodiless Chaos Emperor Dragon without LP cost. (In fact, we may be dealing with a case of a never-ending effect on the former, since Bubble Crash won't stop sending cards to the graveyard until the total on hand and field is five or less, but Striker's Alliance would force the opponent's card count to a permanent six. x.O) Miscount is plagued by the same problem, even without multiple activations.

Personally, I think you should restrict the field buffing to Striker's Trick type effects to avoid...y'know, complete brokenness with Striker's Draw and Bubble Crash. Support, sure, but let's not make it too easy to go crazy with these. >.<

Hah, all this discussion over this set has inspired me. XD

Ambush Striker
Fiend/Effect
7 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 1800 Def

If your opponent declares an attack while there are three or more Monsters on his/her Field than there are on yours, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. Then, this card and the attacking Monster Battle. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, if this card was Special Summoned by its own effect, your opponent selects Monsters from his/her Field and sends them to the Graveyard until the number of Monsters on both players' Fields is the same.

Striker's Challenge
Normal Trap

Reveal a number of "Striker" Monsters from your Hand up to the number of unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your opponent's Field, then look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster Cards, select one of them for each "Striker" Monster you revealed and the card(s) you selected are Special Summoned to your opponent's Field in Attack Position.

*Giggles like a loony for precisely fifteen minutes* Okay, I'm done hocking your theme now. =D In other news...I'm taking a brief break from the chilly temperatures.

Goblin Cavalry
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1900 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, when this card destroys a Monster by Battle, it can attack once again in a row. At the end of a Battle Phase when this card attacked, it is switched into Defense Position and cannot change its Battle Position until your next End Phase, other than by card effect.

Goblin Sapper Squad
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 0 Def

At the end of a Battle Phase when this card attacked, it is switched into Defense Position and can not change its Battle Position until the End Phase of your next turn, except by card effect. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, select one Spell or Trap card on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Goblin Taskmaster
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Dark
1600 Atk / 2200 Def

While there is another "Goblin" Monster other than "Goblin Taskmaster" on your Field, this card can not be selected as an attack target. During your End Phase, you may switch switch all Defense Position "Goblin" Monsters and "Giant Orc"s on your Field into Attack Position.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
It still has the same problem. .__. Like I said, because even the lowliest striker is 4 stars while the highest current striker requirement is 5 cards, you need to activate that card's effect precisely once to grant permanent access to all striker special summons at virtually any time. >.< The boost is just too big, and that's not even taking into account the out-of-set synergies. Bubble Crash, anyone? Pitch Nightmare or Dark World Striker to this and that card turns into a bodiless Chaos Emperor Dragon without LP cost. (In fact, we may be dealing with a case of a never-ending effect on the former, since Bubble Crash won't stop sending cards to the graveyard until the total on hand and field is five or less, but Striker's Alliance would force the opponent's card count to a permanent six. x.O) Miscount is plagued by the same problem, even without multiple activations.

Personally, I think you should restrict the field buffing to Striker's Trick type effects to avoid...y'know, complete brokenness with Striker's Draw and Bubble Crash. Support, sure, but let's not make it too easy to go crazy with these. >.<

First of all, the highest requirement is Ultimate Striker's 7 and the lowest level is Speed Striker's 2. Secondly, *points at edit made while you were posting* the best we can get now is +4 from the aforementioned Ultimate Striker, which would still require more field presence on the part of your opponent in order to toss out Nightmare or Ultimate. As for Bubble Crash...like I pointed out, the maximum added amount now is +4 which would require losing the biggest beast in the whole deck, so no infinite loops. Aside from that, destroying your opponent's cards would only hurt your chances of bringing out a Striker, which is counterproductive to the entire theme. Also, there are no real problems with Striker Miscount since it doesn't even touch the hand (both you AND Frostweaver have made that mistake now...), and as such the real danger from it and Bubble Crash would be a punishment on overextending, which cards like Heavy Storm and Torrential Tribute (and basic Bubble Crash, to an extent) already do. Put simply, the more cards you have in your hand, the less of an effect the combo would have on the field, to the point where you are only getting 1 more card destroyed for your trouble as opposed to what Bubble Crash would do by itself (for example, 3-4 cards in your hand would mean you only have 1-0 cards on the field as opposed to the 2-1 Bubble Crash would leave you). In fact, at the very worst with your hand being completely depleted, you would lose 3 cards more, and the number decreases as you have more cards in your hand. So, if your opponent is holding back on cards on the field (as they would probably do anyway), their hand should have enough cards in it to make the difference between Miscount'd Bubble Crash and the normal one just a +1. Of course, if you want to get rid of cards from your hand instead, that's your problem (and where a bit of basic mindgames comes into the picture).

..."The effect of this card is negated if there are no cards on your opponent's side of the field" sound like a good idea for Alliance?

And I already specified on Striker's Draw that it ignores Miscount.

Hah, all this discussion over this set has inspired me. XD

Ambush Striker
Fiend/Effect
7 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 1800 Def

If your opponent declares an attack while there are three or more Monsters on his/her Field than there are on yours, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. Then, this card and the attacking Monster Battle. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, if this card was Special Summoned by its own effect, your opponent selects Monsters from his/her Field and sends them to the Graveyard until the number of Monsters on both players' Fields is the same.

Hmm...I certainly like the idea, yes, but THIS is asking for trouble with Miscount. Specifically, if you only have this monster on the Field or just an odd number, since with Miscount, your opponent cannot have an odd number of monsters no matter what they do. So, basically, this is either Raigeki or unusable.

Striker's Challenge
Normal Trap

Reveal a number of "Striker" Monsters from your Hand up to the number of unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your opponent's Field, then look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any Monster Cards, select one of them for each "Striker" Monster you revealed and the card(s) you selected are Special Summoned to your opponent's Field in Attack Position.

Bottomless Trap Hole, please. If they're not strong enough, then just roll them over with whatever Strikers you have.

Seriously, and you were complaining about me making lethal combos...

*Giggles like a loony for precisely fifteen minutes* Okay, I'm done hocking your theme now. =D In other news...I'm taking a brief break from the chilly temperatures.

Goblin Cavalry
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1900 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, when this card destroys a Monster by Battle, it can attack once again in a row. At the end of a Battle Phase when this card attacked, it is switched into Defense Position and cannot change its Battle Position until your next End Phase, other than by card effect.

Meh. Goblin Attack Force with Tryce, basically. And 100 more ATK and a bit more restricting. Fair enough.

Goblin Sapper Squad
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 0 Def

At the end of a Battle Phase when this card attacked, it is switched into Defense Position and can not change its Battle Position until the End Phase of your next turn, except by card effect. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, select one Spell or Trap card on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Most likely, that Spell/Trap will spring on you before you can do anything about it, so meh.

Goblin Taskmaster
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Dark
1600 Atk / 2200 Def

While there is another "Goblin" Monster other than "Goblin Taskmaster" on your Field, this card can not be selected as an attack target. During your End Phase, you may switch switch all Defense Position "Goblin" Monsters and "Giant Orc"s on your Field into Attack Position.

......Oh, my...Goblin King lock, perhaps? And powerful by itself, yes, but would certainly need protection before hitting the field.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
First of all, the highest requirement is Ultimate Striker's 7 and the lowest level is Speed Striker's 2. Secondly, *points at edit made while you were posting* the best we can get now is +4 from the aforementioned Ultimate Striker, which would still require more field presence on the part of your opponent in order to toss out Nightmare or Ultimate.

So...are you arguing that I should have taken into account changes I didn't see in my post or what? x.O Well, regardless, halves is a bit better, but let's face it: how big a leap of faith is it for your opponent to have three cards on the field? Not that much. At least make it so that you can't keep pitching additional strikers to further bump that card. >.<

..."The effect of this card is negated if there are no cards on your opponent's side of the field" sound like a good idea for Alliance?

Not really; according to Breaker rulings, having its effect negated would also make Striker's Alliance lose its ability to hold counters, removing all of them, so the moment your opponent plays a card again, Alliance self-destructs because it has no counters. Plus, that effect is getting needlessly complicated. How about just doing something like this?

Striker's Alliance
Continuous Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points and discard one "Striker" Monster from your Hand to activate this card. Treat the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field as increased by a number equal to half the discarded monster's Level (rounded down).

As for Bubble Crash...like I pointed out, the maximum added amount now is +4 which would require losing the biggest beast in the whole deck, so no infinite loops. Aside from that, destroying your opponent's cards would only hurt your chances of bringing out a Striker, which is counterproductive to the entire theme. Also, there are no real problems with Striker Miscount since it doesn't even touch the hand (both you AND Frostweaver have made that mistake now...), and as such the real danger from it and Bubble Crash would be a punishment on overextending, which cards like Heavy Storm and Torrential Tribute (and basic Bubble Crash, to an extent) already do. Put simply, the more cards you have in your hand, the less of an effect the combo would have on the field, to the point where you are only getting 1 more card destroyed for your trouble as opposed to what Bubble Crash would do by itself (for example, 3-4 cards in your hand would mean you only have 1-0 cards on the field as opposed to the 2-1 Bubble Crash would leave you). In fact, at the very worst with your hand being completely depleted, you would lose 3 cards more, and the number decreases as you have more cards in your hand. So, if your opponent is holding back on cards on the field (as they would probably do anyway), their hand should have enough cards in it to make the difference between Miscount'd Bubble Crash and the normal one just a +1. Of course, if you want to get rid of cards from your hand instead, that's your problem (and where a bit of basic mindgames comes into the picture).

Oooookay...I'm not quite sure I follow your reasoning here, but the bottom line is that Bubble Crash only cares about the card total between a player's hand and field. If we have full-powered Alliance out and flip Bubble Crash, this means that your opponent will only get to keep one card from either his hand or field and send all the rest to the graveyard. As for the contradiction...not really, since we can special summon these guys first and then field wipe to swing for game.

And I already specified on Striker's Draw that it ignores Miscount.

Ahh...totally my bad, though alliance still bumps this by a hefty four in ideal circumstances. I'm just...opposed to cards that quite easily draw 6+ with nothing but a little setup to them, I guess.

Hmm...I certainly like the idea, yes, but THIS is asking for trouble with Miscount. Specifically, if you only have this monster on the Field or just an odd number, since with Miscount, your opponent cannot have an odd number of monsters no matter what they do. So, basically, this is either Raigeki or unusable.

Actually, this one gets off the hook by a shamelessly simple technicality. Miscount is only concerned with the card count total on your opponent's Field (specifically, doubling it); it doesn't specify what Type these imaginary cards are treated as. Ambush Striker, on the other hand, specifically counts monsters, so it would just chop down cards until the number of cards within that specific card type (something which Miscount can't influence) is right, then stop. Hence, there is no conflict.

Bottomless Trap Hole, please. If they're not strong enough, then just roll them over with whatever Strikers you have.

Seriously, and you were complaining about me making lethal combos...

I'm kind of surprised that you didn't mention Torrential Tribute. =O

Anyhow, you seem to be neglecting the fact that there's quite heavy risk involved here too. What if you turn over your opponent's Hand with a full three only to find that they're only holding Jinzo, Dark Magician of Chaos, and Darklord Zerato? Like with sampler, there's always the risk of seeing something you really wouldn't want to give your opponent.

Besides...it's not nearly as breaktacular as Alliance + Bubble Crash. *Shrug* Just my shot at a slightly more risky finisher card.

Meh. Goblin Attack Force with Tryce, basically. And 100 more ATK and a bit more restricting. Fair enough.

Except, of course, that we don't need the Tryce hanging around, or the discard that goes to activating it. :3

......Oh, my...Goblin King lock, perhaps? And powerful by itself, yes, but would certainly need protection before hitting the field.

The thought occurred to me after posting. But then...if someone seriously goes through the trouble of assembling both of those frail little fiends on their field and keeping them there then I say they've earned their lock. XD

Anyhow...

Emergency Call - Code Zero
Normal Spell

Add one Monster with a combined Atk and Def of zero from your Deck to your Hand. When your opponent declares an attack that would reduce your Life Points to zero, you may send this card from your Hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon one Monster with a combined Atk and Def of zero from your Deck.

Final Barrier
Continuous Trap

All Battle Damage from direct attacks becomes zero.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
So...are you arguing that I should have taken into account changes I didn't see in my post or what? x.O Well, regardless, halves is a bit better, but let's face it: how big a leap of faith is it for your opponent to have three cards on the field? Not that much. At least make it so that you can't keep pitching additional strikers to further bump that card. >.<

No, I was just pointing out that it was there, is all, since you didn't seem to catch it after posting. And, they would need to have three cards on the field while you have none, and with just Alliance they then need to have four cards...and so on and so forth.

Not really; according to Breaker rulings, having its effect negated would also make Striker's Alliance lose its ability to hold counters, removing all of them, so the moment your opponent plays a card again, Alliance self-destructs because it has no counters. Plus, that effect is getting needlessly complicated. How about just doing something like this?

Striker's Alliance
Continuous Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points and discard one "Striker" Monster from your Hand to activate this card. Treat the number of cards on your opponent's side of the field as increased by a number equal to half the discarded monster's Level (rounded down).

But you forget: if the effect is negated, then the destruction effect goes right along with it. ;) And that version has the same problem, not to mention that the effect is continuous unlike the origi--

*headdesk* I cannot believe I did that. AGAIN. >.<

Okay, I'm going to just vote to scrap it. >.>

Oooookay...I'm not quite sure I follow your reasoning here, but the bottom line is that Bubble Crash only cares about the card total between a player's hand and field. If we have full-powered Alliance out and flip Bubble Crash, this means that your opponent will only get to keep one card from either his hand or field and send all the rest to the graveyard. As for the contradiction...not really, since we can special summon these guys first and then field wipe to swing for game.

My reasoning regarding Miscount & Bubble Crash (since you added that "Miscount has the same problem" bit) is that the two together do not affect the field as much as the player has more cards in his/her hand. For example, say a player has three cards on hand and three on the field. With a normal Bubble Crash, that player would have to send one card to the Graveyard (because 3+3=6 and 6-1=5, yes?). If Striker's Miscount was activated beforehand, that total would increase by another three, since each card on the field now counts as two. Therefore, the total would be 9 and Bubble Crash would have to send 4 cards. However, each card on the field counts as 2, so sending away just two of those would equal that 4 (since 2x2=4). Therefore, you are only sending one more card to the Graveyard than you normally would, not to mention that your opponent gets to choose which one it is.

But, Alliance was a failed idea and has already been sent to the Recycle Bin, so ~.

Ahh...totally my bad, though alliance still bumps this by a hefty four in ideal circumstances. I'm just...opposed to cards that quite easily draw 6+ with nothing but a little setup to them, I guess.

Again, that would involve a virtually empty field, giving your opponent a couple good shots at you directly.

Actually, this one gets off the hook by a shamelessly simple technicality. Miscount is only concerned with the card count total on your opponent's Field (specifically, doubling it); it doesn't specify what Type these imaginary cards are treated as. Ambush Striker, on the other hand, specifically counts monsters, so it would just chop down cards until the number of cards within that specific card type (something which Miscount can't influence) is right, then stop. Hence, there is no conflict.

I'm kind of surprised that you didn't mention Torrential Tribute. =O

Same thing, really. Just not covering the weaker monsters that you could probably run over anyway.

Anyhow, you seem to be neglecting the fact that there's quite heavy risk involved here too. What if you turn over your opponent's Hand with a full three only to find that they're only holding Jinzo, Dark Magician of Chaos, and Darklord Zerato? Like with sampler, there's always the risk of seeing something you really wouldn't want to give your opponent.

Yes, but the only real danger there is Jinzo, since you'll likely have a trap ready anyway.

Besides...it's not nearly as breaktacular as Alliance + Bubble Crash. *Shrug* Just my shot at a slightly more risky finisher card.

Except, of course, that we don't need the Tryce hanging around, or the discard that goes to activating it. :3

Nor can we decide to attack with something else in the middle, so fair enough.

The thought occurred to me after posting. But then...if someone seriously goes through the trouble of assembling both of those frail little fiends on their field and keeping them there then I say they've earned their lock. XD

Anyhow...

Emergency Call - Code Zero
Normal Spell

Add one Monster with a combined Atk and Def of zero from your Deck to your Hand. When your opponent declares an attack that would reduce your Life Points to zero, you may send this card from your Hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon one Monster with a combined Atk and Def of zero from your Deck.

The first one to come to mind is Uria. Perhaps that Uria Aroma deck Frostweaver posted a while back could come back with it? ...Anyway, not much else comes to mind, aside from Goblin King, since ???? doesn't count as 0.

Final Barrier
Continuous Trap

All Battle Damage from direct attacks becomes zero.

Astral Barrier's new best buddy? Definitely helpful for Strikers and such, I think...but not a good idea to rely on should your opponent get rid of it.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
*smacks Icha* Emergency Code Zero's second effect screams one thing to me: YUUUUBEEEELLL. That, and searching for King of the Skull Servants. Seriously, is it just me or is Skull Servant a really fun decktype now that we've got the Lady in Wight?

Final Barrier: Yay for preventing the opponent from pressing their advantage! Of course, I can see some pretty scary stall strategies popping up using a monster-less field. If Prime Material Dragon weren't such a hit, I'd call for Chain Strike Burn reborn. 0.o

Frustration of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
During this turn only, you can change the cost to activate the effect of any one card to "Discard one random card from your hand".

Bold Idea of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Pay any amount of life points. Draw one card for each 2000 LP you pay.

Seal of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Select one set card you control. As long as that card remains on the field, so does this card. When this card is sent to the graveyard, you can set another copy of the card you selected from your deck to the field.

Promotion of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Select one monster from your deck that requires another specific monster to be tributed in order for it to be summoned. Tribute that monster and special summon the selected monster, ignoring summoning conditions.

Meh, random ideas. 0.o

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
*smacks Icha* Emergency Code Zero's second effect screams one thing to me: YUUUUBEEEELLL.

*facepalm* Of course! I forgot to carry the 2.

Frustration of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
During this turn only, you can change the cost to activate the effect of any one card to "Discard one random card from your hand".

Solemn Judgment or RftDD support? I can see an evil combo with this, RftDD & Macro Cosmos popping up... ...Wait, any one card? Including monsters? Sounds like LP salvation to me, specifically Demise & Injection Fairy Lily. Oh, and let's not forget the stall efforts of adding this effect to one of your opponent's cards, especially changing an activation cost of nothing to an activation cost of discarding (hello, Mirror Force!). ......I wonder what the resolution of using this with Spirit Reaper would be. XD

Bold Idea of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Pay any amount of life points. Draw one card for each 2000 LP you pay.

Prime Material Dragon's friend? Or just a new trick for self-healers in general? You know, come to think of it...self-healing Exodia decks may have just become niche-playable. =O

Seal of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Select one set card you control. As long as that card remains on the field, so does this card. When this card is sent to the graveyard, you can set another copy of the card you selected from your deck to the field.

Book of Moon. Or even better, set that LaDD down and then play this. The card says nothing about Special Summoning, so that would be perfectly legitimate. Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of Spells or Traps that I think could use this...unless you toss The Transmigration Prophecy into there somewhere.

Promotion of the Card Designer
Normal Spell
Select one monster from your deck that requires another specific monster to be tributed in order for it to be summoned. Tribute that monster and special summon the selected monster, ignoring summoning conditions.

Meh, random ideas. 0.o

...You're not exactly clear on what monster you're tributing. I mean, I'm guessing you mean that the required monster has to be on your field and you tribute that, but just saying "tribute that monster" isn't specific enough. For all we know, you could mean tributing the selected monster, as silly as that sounds. =O

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
There's so many new cards that I don't think I'll bother with commenting all of them ><;

Really, Yugioh card types need themes too, and sadly they are long lost...

Ant Eggs
Insect / Effect
1 Star / Earth
0 Atk / 600 Def

If this card is normal summoned, switch this card to Defense position. Put 1 counter on this card during each of your end phase. When this card is removed from the field, activate one of the following effects depending on how many counters is on this card:
1 counter: special summon 1 "Ant Soldier" monster from your deck
2 counters: special summon 1 "Ant Soldier" monster from your deck or graveyard
3 or more counters: special summon 1 "Queen Maya" from your hand, deck or graveyard

Ant Soldier: Andre
Insect / Effect
2 Star / Earth
1000 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is sent to the graveyard as a result of battle, your opponent select 1 spell card from his or her deck and send it to the graveyard. If "Queen Maya" is on your side of the field, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

Ant Soldier: Pierre
Insect / Effect
4 Star / Earth
1600 Atk / 1100 Def

When this card deals damage to your opponent's Life Points, your opponent select 1 trap card from his or her deck and send it to the graveyard. If "Queen Maya" is on your side of the field, this card can attack twice in one battle phase.

Ant Soldier: Deniro
Insect / Effect
4 Star / Earth
1900 Atk / 1600 Def

When this card deals damage to your opponent's life points, send the top card from your opponent's deck to the graveyard. If "Queen Maya" is on your side of the field, increase the Atk and this card deals piercing damage.

Maya Purple
Insect / Effect
5 Star / Earth
2400 Atk / 1600 Def

During the end phase, you may special summon this card from your hand if your opponent sent 2 or more cards from his or her deck to the graveyard in this turn. During each player's end phase, send 1 card from the top of your opponent's deck to the graveyard.

Queen Maya
Insect / Effect
8 Star / Earth
2800 Atk / 2400 Def

During each player's end phase, send 3 cards from the top of your opponent's deck to the graveyard. If this card is destroyed, tribute one "Andre" and this card is not destroyed. When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, you may special summon one "Ant Eggs" from your deck or graveyard.

Ant Swarm
Continuous Trap

When your opponent sends a card from his or her deck to the graveyard, search your deck for "Ant Soldier" monster and special summon it. You may only activate this effect once per turn.

Desperation Strike
Continuous Spell

When a Level 4 or lower monster on your side of the field is destroyed as a result of battle, send 1 card from your opponent's deck to the graveyard. When a Level 5 or higher monster on your side of the field is destroyed, send 2 cards from your opponent's deck to the graveyard.

The Queen's Rule
Normal Spell

Activate one of the following effects:
-Your opponent shuffles 5 cards from his or her graveyard into the deck, then draw 2 cards. Special summon one "Queen Maya" from your hand or deck. You cannot declare an attack this turn.
-Tribute one "Queen Maya" from your side of the field. Your opponent sends 1 card from his or her deck to the graveyard for every Insect monster in your graveyard.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Again, that would involve a virtually empty field, giving your opponent a couple good shots at you directly.

They'd only get one, really, and a flipped Waboku or Threatening Roar sorts that out without a care in the world. =O

Seriously, I for one am ready to brave one turn of empty field in exchange for 'draw six'.

Astral Barrier's new best buddy? Definitely helpful for Strikers and such, I think...but not a good idea to rely on should your opponent get rid of it.

In all fairness, very few cards can be relied on after your opponent gets rid of them. ;D But yeah, this is basically support for the old empty field approach. Also a little something for my good Spirit Monster buddies. :3

And I have to say that I'm honestly surprised that none of you have mentioned Cyber Valley in connection with Code Zero yet. Just because it isn't an infinite draw loop anymore it doesn't mean that you can just neglect it, you know. >O

I knew I could count on Thesis to catch the obvious Yubel synergy, though; you never did remember to carry your twos, Icha. For shame. XD

Frustration of the Card Designer: Personally, I'm thinking Final Destiny when I see this. Three cards for complete field wipe is looking a lot more appealing than six. Backs to the Wall also bears mentioning, though. There are other little lovelies lurking around the unused cards lot and just waiting for a little love from this card, though, I'm sure. Nice.

Bold Idea of the Card Designer: There is a way to abuse this, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, what about Spell Economics? Suppose you declare "I pay 72000 Life Points" only to have it reduced to zero by Economics, would you still get to draw 32? o.o

Seal of the Card Designer: Hmm...possible support for Hamon? Just set a card of your choice then tribute this away for your phantasm to double up. But then...Hamon needs all the support he can possibly get, really. XD Other than that, I suppose that it's a way for doubling up solemns or such, or doing the big beatstick abuse thing that Icha mentioned.

Promotion of the Card Designer: Yeah, that tribute thing needs rewording. As it is, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to make it do, to be honest. o.o

Ant Eggs: So...basically we always get at least a 1900 Atk beatstick out of this if nothing else, and at best we get a milling, field-infesting monstrosity. Not too bad.

Ant Soldier: Andre: Pretty much nothing but a squishable pest without the queen, but if you can keep on spamming this from your graveyard (not too hard with the compatibility with Ant Eggs, Limit Reverse, Angel Lift and goodness knows what else) the opposition is going to end up seriously missing those spell cards.

Ant Soldier: Pierre: A bit more muscle, which is never good. Stripping traps off your opponent's deck is also a nice addition, especially against those low-trap builds where every one of them is a big reversal or stabilizer card.

Ant Soldier: Deniro: And here we have the actual low-level beatstick of the lot, I see. It does beg the question, though: how much Atk does this gain from the queen? That part of the effect is missing. x.O

Maya Purple: More muscle that shouldn't be too hard to drop down, given the general theme of the set. Also a very nasty response to Card Trooper and Lightsworn, especially if you're holding multiple copies. The mill is almost a moot point given how this is already a monarch-size beatstick that likes smashing face.

Queen Maya: Now this is mill that stings. Lightsworn stares in hapeless wonder at the mixed blessing they're getting here while Dark Armed cries over having lost even the faintest resemblance of control over what goes into their graveyard and gladiator beast just sulks dejectedly in the corner since they can't tag in their ditched key monsters anymore. The queen is also big enough to butt heads with Dark Armed and Dark Magician of Chaos on her own...and stand there laughing when all she loses out on is Andre, who has probably already made his direct attack for the turn anyway and who will be revived or replaced shortly by the Ant Eggs your netting anyway.

Seriously, the loops this thing creates are scary, especially when you throw in the spell and trap support. One problem, though: as it is, the self-protection effect specifies a monster named only "Andre", which obviously doesn't exist. That should be "Ant Soldier: Andre".

Ant Swarm: The once per turn limit is the only thing that keeps this from being completely broken. Even with it, the prospect of dealing out 3800 points of hurt simply by smacking your opponent with Deniro and then pulling another is certainly tempting. Both Mayas also effectively turn this into 'summon an ant each turn'. Yeah, these little guys swarm with a vengeance. XD

Desperation Strike: Basically, you'll only want this to spam those ant special summon effects even further. But hey, it's great at doing just that, so why not? :3

The Queen's Rule: Just to be perfectly clear, which player gets to draw the cards? Because if it's the player who activated this then we have a winner. Instant access to your big beatstick and two new cards from your deck is definitely nothing to sneeze at, especially since the advantage your opponent gains is eaten away by the queen's effect in just two end phases. The second effect is basically just a coup de grace, since otherwise the mill really isn't worth the big beater who mills on her own anyway, not unless we have some way to pull her right back up after we've used this.

Well...with all the insufferable swarming and constant nuisance effects they certainly look like ants to me, alright. Pot of Avarice and The Transmigration Prophecy very viable support here since they pile up in the graveyard pretty fast but their most accessible special summons are from the deck. Needle Worm could also find a home amongst his fellow milling insects. Yay for mill archetypes.

And now...it's time for a silly little theme. Not really competitive and I don't know about the whole Type theme aspect, but hey. It amuses me. XD

Great Dragon of Landstar
Dragon/Effect
10 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 1500 Def

This card can be Normal Summoned using one, two, or three tributes. Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of all "Landstar" Monsters used to tribute summon it. This card accumulates effects depending on the number of "Landstar" Monsters used to tribute summon it.

1 or more: When this card would be destroyed, you may destroy another "Landstar" Monster you control instead.
2 or more: This card can attack twice in the same Battle Phase.
3: This card is not affected by Spell or Trap cards.

Legendary Hero of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 600 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may reveal the top card of your Deck. If that card is a Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster, Special Summon it to your Field. Otherwise, return the revealed card to the bottom of your Deck. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Master Thief of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Wind
800 Atk / 500 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and guess its Type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) then check the card you selected. If you guessed right, send the selected card to the Graveyard and draw a card. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Peerless Huntsman of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Earth
400 Atk / 800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may destroy a Monster with a Def lower than the Atk of this card. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Redeemed Necromancer of Landstar
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
600 Atk / 1200 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may select one "Landstar" Monster from your Graveyard and add it to your Hand. Then, if this card is the only Monster you control, you may Special Summon that Monster to your Field. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Shield Maiden of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Water
200 Atk / 2100 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. While you control this face-up card, your opponent can not select any "Landstar" Monster except "Shield Maiden of Landstar" as the target of an attack or card effect.

The Landstar Fellowship
Normal Spell

Discard one card from your Hand. Reveal the top three cards of your Deck, then Special Summon all Level 3 or Lower "Landstar" Monsters you find and return the rest of the cards to the bottom of your Deck.

Landstar Destiny
Continuous Spell

If you control no Monsters when this card is activated, select one Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster from your Deck and Special Summon it to your Field. Once per turn, during your Draw Phase, if the card you drew is a Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster, you may Special Summon it to your Field then draw again. When this card is destroyed, all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect are also destroyed.

Unity of the Landstars
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack against a face-up "Landstar" Monster you control. Select one Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster from your Deck and Special Summon it. Then, the attacking Monster and the Monster Special Summoned by this effect Battle instead.

Shameless swarm antics...I swear, Thes, you're starting to rub off on me. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
They'd only get one, really, and a flipped Waboku or Threatening Roar sorts that out without a care in the world. =O

True, but again, moot point.

In all fairness, very few cards can be relied on after your opponent gets rid of them. ;D But yeah, this is basically support for the old empty field approach. Also a little something for my good Spirit Monster buddies. :3

:P You know what I meant. I think Spirit Monsters already have support like this somewhere.

And I have to say that I'm honestly surprised that none of you have mentioned Cyber Valley in connection with Code Zero yet. Just because it isn't an infinite draw loop anymore it doesn't mean that you can just neglect it, you know. >O

I claim ignorance on this one.

I knew I could count on Thesis to catch the obvious Yubel synergy, though; you never did remember to carry your twos, Icha. For shame. XD

Yeah, yeah. I have no problem with 7s, though.

Bold Idea of the Card Designer: There is a way to abuse this, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, what about Spell Economics? Suppose you declare "I pay 72000 Life Points" only to have it reduced to zero by Economics, would you still get to draw 32? o.o

Then you technically pay no Life Points, so no cards for u.

Seal of the Card Designer: Hmm...possible support for Hamon? Just set a card of your choice then tribute this away for your phantasm to double up. But then...Hamon needs all the support he can possibly get, really. XD Other than that, I suppose that it's a way for doubling up solemns or such, or doing the big beatstick abuse thing that Icha mentioned.

Except, last I knew, Hamon needed Continuous Spells.

And now...it's time for a silly little theme. Not really competitive and I don't know about the whole Type theme aspect, but hey. It amuses me. XD

Great Dragon of Landstar
Dragon/Effect
10 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 1500 Def

This card can be Normal Summoned using one, two, or three tributes. Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of all "Landstar" Monsters used to tribute summon it. This card accumulates effects depending on the number of "Landstar" Monsters used to tribute summon it.

1 or more: When this card would be destroyed, you may destroy another "Landstar" Monster you control instead.
2 or more: This card can attack twice in the same Battle Phase.
3: This card is not affected by Spell or Trap cards.

So, we have here a beater with the potential for major self-protection, double attacking, and maybe even enough attack to beat a BEUD 1-on-1? Situational, yes, but this being a win condition is clear.

Legendary Hero of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 600 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may reveal the top card of your Deck. If that card is a Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster, Special Summon it to your Field. Otherwise, return the revealed card to the bottom of your Deck. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Swarm at its finest...but there's potential for it to get really insane if you run into another one of these. Just drop one, and if you somehow manage to go through both of the others, you've got three BEWD-level attackers ready to bring out a BEUD-level Dragon. That's not even taking into consideration how this is compatible with all of that support that makes Warrior swarm such a fun and killer decktype.

Master Thief of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Wind
800 Atk / 500 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and guess its Type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) then check the card you selected. If you guessed right, send the selected card to the Graveyard and draw a card. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

...I want to say this is broken. After all, this is a quick peek at your opponent's hand at the worst and a quick +2 at its best. Leaving it unable to attack is somewhat of a moot point since it'll still power up your other Landstars. ...Or just tribute it away for the Dragon.

Peerless Huntsman of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Earth
400 Atk / 800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may destroy a Monster with a Def lower than the Atk of this card. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

I think we still need that "face-up" part in there...but, even with the low ATK, you can easily boost this up with the rest of the swarm (Thief is a perfect candidate, making it strong enough to kill Monarchs).

Redeemed Necromancer of Landstar
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
600 Atk / 1200 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. Once per turn, you may select one "Landstar" Monster from your Graveyard and add it to your Hand. Then, if this card is the only Monster you control, you may Special Summon that Monster to your Field. On the turn this effect is activated, this card can not attack.

Special Summon this, pull out another one, then bring back something else (Dragon again?). This swarm is honestly getting pretty crazy, especially considering the end result.

Shield Maiden of Landstar
Warrior/Effect
2 Star/Water
200 Atk / 2100 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by the original Atk of every other "Landstar" Monster you control. While you control this face-up card, your opponent can not select any "Landstar" Monster except "Shield Maiden of Landstar" as the target of an attack or card effect.

Well, the attack-drawing part might not be that good as your other Landstar monsters can quickly end up with more than 2100 ATK to beat through, but the effect protection is a useful touch to protect against stuff like Exiled Force or the random Sakuretsu/BTH.

The Landstar Fellowship
Normal Spell

Discard one card from your Hand. Reveal the top three cards of your Deck, then Special Summon all Level 3 or Lower "Landstar" Monsters you find and return the rest of the cards to the bottom of your Deck.

And this would be the quick-summon spell of the set? Eh...unless we want to toss a card for later revival, I may want to just stick with RotA.

Landstar Destiny
Continuous Spell

If you control no Monsters when this card is activated, select one Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster from your Deck and Special Summon it to your Field. Once per turn, during your Draw Phase, if the card you drew is a Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster, you may Special Summon it to your Field then draw again. When this card is destroyed, all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect are also destroyed.

Best for early in the game, I believe. ...Though the swarm is seriously overkill. I mean, turn 2 BEUD-level Dragon, anyone? You could even just get out Hero and continue along with the swarm.

Unity of the Landstars
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack against a face-up "Landstar" Monster you control. Select one Level 3 or lower "Landstar" Monster from your Deck and Special Summon it. Then, the attacking Monster and the Monster Special Summoned by this effect Battle instead.

Um......again, bring out Hero or Maiden, depending on the opponent's monster, and either block them or hit them back with another beatstick boosted by all the Landstars you undoubtedly have out then call out yet another one.

I call Gravity Bind & LLAB abuse on your new set, AE. With the exception of the Dragon (which can form its own self-protection, anyway), this entire set just skirts right underneath those two, presenting one very lovely stall swarm. And what a swarm it is, bringing out monster after monster and powering each other up because of it, not to mention the large win condition you have sitting at the beginning.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, seeing as I need to exercise mah braincells... XD

Alright, "Charge of the Light Brigade" has me all excited, so here's my contribution.

Mercury, Lightsworn Messenger
Monster/Light/Warrior/Tuner/2*
Atk 1300/ Def 1700
Once per turn when this monster would be destroyed, you can send four cards from the top of your deck to the graveyard and it is not destroyed.

Jupiter, Lightsworn Conqueror
Monster/Light/Thunder/Synchro/11*
"Mercury, Lightsworn Soldier+ 1 or more Lightsworn non-tuner monsters"
Atk 3000/ Def 2200
This monster cannot be targeted by card effects. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, deal damage to your opponent's life points equal to the number of Lightsworn monsters in your graveyard x300. During the end phase of your turn, send five cards from the top of your deck to the graveyard.

And just an odd idea of mine....

Instant Cut
Normal Spell
You can only activate this card when your life point total and your opponent's life point total are the same. Send all spell cards from your hand to the graveyard and halve both player's life points.

Eh, right, too easily abused by burn, I know. But still, I wish it wasn't. XD

D.D. Flock
Monster/Dark/Winged Beast/Effect/3*
Atk ????/ Def ????
By sending this monster from your hand to the graveyard, you can select and add to your hand from your deck a number of "D.D. Crow"s equal to the number of monsters in your opponent's graveyard with 2000 Atk or higher. This monster's original Atk and Def are equal to the number of "D.D. Crow" cards in your graveyard x800.

Eh? I know, crazy things with Dark Armed Dragon, but I'm still working on a solution for that. Hopefully there's a limitation on the next banlist. 0.o

Pikachu of Chaos™

..............Eh I got nothing
Years
These are just some my Yu-Gi-Oh card ideas:
Everlight Dragon(Light)
Star x10
[DRAGON/EFFECT]
For every dragon type monster in your
graveyard this monster gains 100 ATK.
-----------------------------------------
ATK/4000 DEF/3500
Light Magician(Light)
Star x7
[SELLCASTER]
A sacred magician that is skilled in
the art of magic.
ATK/2500 DEF/2000
Light Magician Girl(Light)
Star x5
[SPELLCASTER/EFFECT]
For every Light Magician in your
graveyard it gains 300 ATK
ATK/2100 DEF/1500
Chaos Sorcerer(Light)
Star x9
[SPELLCASTER/FUSION/EFFECT]
"Light Magician"+"Dark Magician"
This monster can't be Normal Summon.
This monster can't be Fusion Summon
except by using "Sorceror Sommoning".
this monster gains 300 ATK for every
SPELLCASTER in your graveyard.This
monster can not be destroied in battle.
ATK/3500 DEF/3000
Chaos Dragon Master
Star x12
[SPELLCASTER/FUSION/EFFECT]
"Chaos Sorcerer"+"Everlight Dragon"
For every SPELLCASTER in your graveyard
this monster gains 500 ATK and DEF.
This monstercan't be destroied in battle.
ATK/? DEF?
Spellcaster Destruction(Spell)
[SPELL CARD]
Send all SPELLCASTER monsters in both
players deck and hand.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Um......again, bring out Hero or Maiden, depending on the opponent's monster, and either block them or hit them back with another beatstick boosted by all the Landstars you undoubtedly have out then call out yet another one.

I call Gravity Bind & LLAB abuse on your new set, AE. With the exception of the Dragon (which can form its own self-protection, anyway), this entire set just skirts right underneath those two, presenting one very lovely stall swarm. And what a swarm it is, bringing out monster after monster and powering each other up because of it, not to mention the large win condition you have sitting at the beginning.

Mmmhmm...so I realized. It actually took me a while of staring at these little munchkins to realize how crazy they really are. XD And...that's true about the thief, perhaps a penalty for guessing wrong? *Goes to edit*

Mercury, Lightsworn Messenger: Whoa, those are some pretty hefty stats for two-star, especially tuner too. And it self-destructs while potentially plunking down Wulf too? x.O That's...a bit much on just one card.

Jupiter, Lightsworn Conqueror: another indomitable beatstick for Lightsworn to drop down when Judgment Dragon just isn't panning out, but ironically this can't be summoned since there is no 'Mercury, Lightsworn Soldier' to use for the tuning. Assuming that the names would match up, I would imagine that Mercury + Wulf + insert-favorite-fourstar-Lightsworn-here would be the standard setup, possibly with an expended Celestia as a Wulf replacement. Seriously, though, I only see this sitting as a lone copy in the extra deck for a just-in-case scenario, simply because it's just so much easier to synchro summon for Goyo or Stardust instead. In most situations, their effects are more generally useful too. =O Still, it's a decent finisher for Lightsworn.

Instant Cut: Yeah, kinda' abusable by burn indeed, especially since most of the big burn cards are traps and you can just set all but one spell to save them from the dump too. You're really itching to pull that 'halve your opponent's LP' stunt, aren't you? xD

D.D. Flock: Indeed, Dark Armed's best buddy, as it can be quick CA, big beater, or graveyard management depending on the situation. Running 3x D.D. Crow just became that much easier.

Everlight Dragon: Most pointless effect ever. With 4000 Atk you seriously do not need any further boosts, especially not pitifully small ones. For all but a few situations, that 100 atk per dragon thing might as well not be there. Plus, this is just way too big for two-tribute. D=

Light Magician: Well, Dark Magician has always been YGO's Pikachu, so now I guess we have YGO's Pachirisu too. Yay.

Light Magician Girl: Dark Magician Girl is already epic fail; what does that make an otherwise identical clone with an even worse support pool, thanks to its inferior attribute? You decide.

Chaos Sorcerer: We already have a Chaos Sorcerer, thank you very much, and unlike this thing it was actually so good that it became a permanent fixture of the banlist. Fusing two subpar vanillas for a lukewarm effect monster is seriously not worth the trouble, especially when the effect monster in question specifies summon by a spell card that doesn't exist. There are far better and easier-to-summon big beaters in fusions already, ones with more interesting effects too. :\

Chaos Dragon Master: There is way too much Atk and Def boosting going on here already. There is a lot more to a good card than just Atk and Def, you know. >.< And no; 'this card can not be destroyed by battle' is not that either. Less genericness, please.

Spellcaster Destruction: We already have Last Day of Witch, which does precisely the same thing as this one.

Soo...Thesis, I heard you like self-milling? What a coincidence. xD

Reaper Ankhes
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
2350 Atk / 0 Def

When this card attacks a Monster controlled by your opponent, your opponent can send a number of cards equal to that Monster's Level from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard to negate the attack. (Face-down Monsters are treated as having a Level of 1)

Reaper Endel

Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1100 Atk / 1300 Def

By tributing a "Reaper" Monster you control, select one card on your opponent's Field and destroy it. Your opponent can negate this efffect by sending a number of cards from the top of their deck to the Graveyard equal to the Level of the targeted card or the tributed Monster, whichever is higher. (Spells, Traps, and face-down Monsters are treated as having a Level of 1)

Reaper Irien
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1500 Atk / 1700 Def

This card inflicts piercing Damage. When this card Battles with a Defense Position Monster, reduce the Def of that Monster to zero until the end of the Damage Step. Your opponent can negate this effect by sending three cards from the top of their deck to the Graveyard.

Reaper Zeibal
Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1200 Atk / 0 Def

Once per turn, you may reduce the Atk of this card by any multiple of 100 in order to inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Atk lost by this card. When this effect is activated, your opponent can send any number of cards from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard in order to reduce the Damage from this effect by 300 for each card they sent to the Graveyard.

Death God's Decree
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated when your opponent controls at least one Monster. Your opponent selects one Monster Card from their Hand or Field and sends it to the Graveyard.

Reaper Scythe
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Reaper" Monster. Increase the Atk of the equipped Monster by 500. When a card(s) is sent to the Graveyard as a result of the equipped Monster's effect, reveal cards from the top of your opponent's Deck until your find a Monster Card, then send that card to the Graveyard and return the rest of the cards to the top of your opponent's Deck in their original order.

Reaper Cry
Normal Trap

This card can only be activate during the End Phase of a turn when the Effect(s) of one more "Reaper" Monster was activated. Inflict 300 Damage to your opponent for each card that was sent to their Graveyard by the effect of a "Reaper" card this turn.

The Ferryman of Styx
Continuous Trap

Whenever a Monster Card is sent to your opponent's Graveyard, remove that card from play. When a card would be removed from play by this effect, your opponent may send two cards from the top of their deck to the graveyard instead.

This only part of the set, of course, but it should be enough to give a general idea. :3

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Elemental Beast Crystalline Eagle Man
Fusion Monster
Wind Attribute
Elemental Hero Flame Wingman + Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle
7 stars
For Every Crystal Beast and Elemental Hero In Your Hand,Field and Graveyard, this monster Gains 300 ATK.
2700/2300
Secret Rare

Emerald Yoshi

If Yoshi was a Pokemon...
Years
Here's my Joker Yugioh card ^_^

untitled-1.jpg

Not the OCG but how it works. Its Speical Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 fiend and 1 warrior type monster on the field. Each time it attacks, draw a card. If it is a DAK Fiend-Type Monster, Speical Summon one Joker Token ATK/DEF 1800/ LEVEL 4 / DARK / FIEND. Jokers Tokens can only attack once every 3 turns. When this Monster attack directly, halve your life points. If the outcome is 1500 or less, double the Battle Damage this card deals until the end of the turn.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Elemental Beast Crystalline Eagle Man: Meh, more Atk boost and that's it types? I'm not really liking it, to be honest. Not only are Crystal Beast and E-Hero two basically zero synergy sets with each other, but this thing has no effect resemblant of Flame Wingman (burn damage) or Cobalt Eagle (return cards to the hand), which is disappointing since it's supposed to be a fusion of the two.

The Joker - The Card Master: Whoa, that's quite a bit of effects on one card. o-o It's...expensive, but then it draws stuff for you and nets a lot of free beatstick tokens to boot so it covers that gap fast (not to mention being an indomitable beatstick in its own right). Also, that last effect...does it mean that if your life points become 1500 or less as a result of the LP halving thing this beast doubles in power? If so, then this is definitely broken, as all you need is Joker, Megamorph and a quick field clearing to swing 13000 points of hurt straight at your opponent's face.

It's a nice change from the generic Atk/Def-modifier-and-nothing-else shizzle, though. :3

First Blood

Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting a face-up, Level 2 or lower Attack Position Monster on your Field that was summoned this turn. If it is the first turn of the duel, the selected Monster can attack your opponent once this turn. Otherwise, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the original Atk of the selected Monster.

Level Reverse
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "LV" Monster you control is destroyed. Select one lower level Monster that designates the destroyed Monster in its card effect from your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your Field, ignoring summoning conditions. The Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as having been Special Summoned by the effect of the Monster designated in its card effect and can not be sent to the Graveyard for its own effect before the end of your next turn.

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Red Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Made to go along with the Blue Eyes shining/Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon pair)
Monster/Effect
12/Dragon/Dark/Fusion
Red Eyes B. Dragon + Red Eyes B. Dragon + Red Eyes B. Dragon
For every Red Eyes B. Dragon, Red Eyes B. Chick, add 100 ATK. To this monster. Also, oncce per turn you may destroy 1 face up Attack Mode Light Or Dragon Monster on your oponents side of the field.
4300/3900
Ultra Rare
also a fake image I found of him :D

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Haha, don't know why I'm still posting here since this thread is basically abandoned, but...here goes. :3

Red Eyes Ultimate Dragon: And we play this because...we wanna' kill defensive Cyber Valley really bad? XD Eh...the Atk boost is pretty much pointless since this already a ginormous beatstick. The destruction effect is...not terribly useful since the only thing we'll really get to hit with this is Lightsworn or the occasional Dark Armed or Cyber Dragon. Good enough way to avoid getting bapped by Honest, I suppose, but kind of...not appealing enough for me to cram three Red-Eyes into my deck. x.O I'd still rather fuse for Five-Headed.

Aaanywho...

Sky Fortress - Dark Dreadnought
Machine/Synchro/Effect
9 Star/Wind
2600 Atk / 3000 Def

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more Machine Type non-Tuner Monster(s)

While in Defense Position, this card can attack your opponent directly. In addition to its normal attack, this card can attack once for each non-Tuner Monster used to Synchro Summon it. If it uses either of these effects, all Battle Damage inflicted by this card this turn becomes 800.

Last edited:
Back