• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Years Later

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
The year is 2040, and Pokémon has been out of style for a while now. You have been hired by Nintendo to bring the series to a new generation, to make a spin-off world, basically. However, you cannot simply remarket the same stuff (conventional games, anime, manga, trading cards, etc...) as they were before. None of the kids on any continent remember what a Baltoy is. You have to make a change to make it something fresh. So-

If you could make one fundamental change to the Pokémon franchise, what would it be?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Use super advanced holograms like the Yu-gi-oh anime...

Can you imgine that with Pokemon? It would be like....super special awesome XD

Using super advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching the experience of a children's card game video game? ...May actually be a good idea in the 2040's, perhaps normal. I go with this ^^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
2040s?

I guess TV would be obsolete by then and be replaced with something else we can't imagine...

Also, I doubt we could have holograms at that time. Holograms would require tremendous technology and can only be achieved by optical illusion at the moment.

So... I guess I would make Poke-robots? :\

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
That hologram idea and voice activated technology that reads the pitch of the technique and a pokeball as a controller that can release and call back the pokemon. Also, virtual reality helmet that is a hat(different styles too) and glasses that allow you to view the entire world of pokemon. The game: customizable character,and you get to view what flying and surfing is like. Also a first and third person option.

THE MOST EXPENSIVE VIDEO GAME EVER CREATED!

and also pokemon can techinically created, only they won't have the powers. Just take specific characteristics of animals and tgenetically mutate a clone of the animal it wazs based off of and there you go. An exterior pokemon.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
2040s?

I guess TV would be obsolete by then and be replaced with something else we can't imagine...

Also, I doubt we could have holograms at that time. Holograms would require tremendous technology and can only be achieved by optical illusion at the moment.
Well, if by the time that 2040 hits us, wouldn't there be something that could easily create holograms for video game?

For the hologram idea, I would totally innovate the Pokémon world by making Pokéballs that creates hologram of Pokémons when opened. This way, any individual would be able to realistically battle while not being able to getting harmed.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
oh wow one of these question ok heres what i would do;

in 2040 there should be a way to creat holograms correct? well we have that now already, but maybe these holograms will be more physical and actually look and feel real. what i would do it create an actual pokemon world on another planet(seeing as we'll be able to go onto and live on planets by this time). ill creat a whole new world where pokemon live and whatnot. itll be an actual pokemon world

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I would change an innocent animal's DNA to morph it into Pokemon. Then "ima firin ma lazor" and poof the Pokemon becomes real.

...Except that they can't shoot out Thunderbolts of Doom or Sparks of Fiery Death or something. And they won't be "Pika pika" or "Bulbasaurrrrr!!!" or something. They'll only be able to do CATFIGHTS~

Years
oh wow one of these question ok heres what i would do;

in 2040 there should be a way to creat holograms correct? well we have that now already, but maybe these holograms will be more physical and actually look and feel real. what i would do it create an actual pokemon world on another planet(seeing as we'll be able to go onto and live on planets by this time). ill creat a whole new world where pokemon live and whatnot. itll be an actual pokemon world

I laughed at your misinformed ideas about extraplanetary colonisation. In thirty years' time we'll be "able to go onto and live on planets"? You're going to be very disappointed with the future. The nearest confirmed planet outside of our solar system is Epsilon Eridani b, and at 10.5 light years it would take around 260,000 years to reach it using chemical rocket fuel (i.e. what we currently use). Even if we had lightspeed travel, which we won't, it'd take over ten years to get there, and communications between that planet and Earth would take just as long. Oh, and that's not to mention that Epsilon Eridani b isn't conceivably habitable by humans.

Marketing Pokémon to a new generation of youngsters... Load it with gimmicks. It's what Nintendo seem to have done with HeartGold and SoulSilver, and it's getting every incoherent ten-year-old with ADHD on this forum worked up to the point of hysteria, so I guess I'd follow that principle.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2009
somehow make a vitural pokemon world like a helmet you put on and you acctual play a the hero that would me good.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
Years
A virtual pokemon kind of like the PETs in MMBN/Rockman.Exe. That you can interact with on the internet and even talk to when you're going about your daily life. Of course the technology would have to exist to make that possible but...

Azonic

hello friends
Years
pokemon.png

It speaks for itself. :[

Back