• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yes, agree whole-heartedly. It's pretty much just sitting there and it's completely mediocre in every way. I'd love it to get a boost.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I almost always forget Dunsparce even exists...giving him an evolution would at least make him more interesting, and maybe even good enough to be actually used in a team

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How about... a Carracosta evolution? Could certainly be strong and become something big in OU at least! Or maybe, idk.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
A 2nd evolution for a fossil pokemon? That would definitely be something new, but kinda unlikely maybe? Would be unfair to all the other poor fossil pokes

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But Carracosta was introduced in the generation of change!

...plus maybe all fossils could get evolutions then!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I don't see new evolutions for fossil pokemons. Atleast not a natural evolution. Probably something akin to genesect ? I mean, what if this generations fossil pokemon(s) has a split evolution. One natural and other Mechanical ? We can have the option to take it to a lab or something and using a machine to evolve it or just let it evolve naturally.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
One natural and other Mechanical ? We can have the option to take it to a lab or something and using a machine to evolve it or just let it evolve naturally.

Now I'd love to see something like that happening! Then instead of being always a Rock type + something they could be Steel or electric + something? Sounds like a cool idea :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's awesome! Steel evolutions for Carracosta... hmmm... it'd benefit Archeops because it'd be less SR weak, too! Daym this'd make certain Pokemon wayyy too strong lmao. But I really like the idea a lot!!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Yeah me too, and it would make it very interesting since you would be given more choices than we have now. Even the idea of turning the fossils to a mechanic pokemon could make for some cool story elements!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That too! Plus with the DNA theme it could be somewhat likely to happen really - and changing up old fossils could also represent changing the fossils of the past, and starting all over again, which is what Johto did kind of...?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
It woudl fit the whole "new generation" setting pretty well in every aspect.
I'm not quite sure what you mean about Johto though??

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.

Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

But maybe that's just my dislike for it coming through.

How.dare.you. Druddigon is obviously the best Unova Pokemon, and there are many others out there besides myself who love Druddi. But maybe that's my love love for him coming through.

But yeah, I agree, I don't want him to get an evolution. He's good enough as is IMO.

There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.

Yes, and they're more likely to think like that if said pokémon they're discussing isn't already massive and hugely unpopular.

Um…how about a Druddigon pre-evolution?

EDIT: Oh, wait; it's already been discussed:

So I've made a few changes on my suggested pre-evos/evos for previous gen Pokemon:

Pre-evo - Skarmory, Audino, Heatmor, Druddigon

Evo - Bannette, Corsola, Qwilfish, Gothitelle, Durant, Sableye, Mawile, Cherrim, Carnivine, Swoobat, Chimecho

I would love a Keckleon evo, Herracross evo (i don't care how strong it is ;___; ), Druddigon prevo (it would be so qt), Emolga evo and a Stantler evo would all be awesome :3
aslong as game freak don't go crazy and evolve every single unevolved/one stage pokemon I'll be quite happy.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I kind of love Druddigon, so giving it a pre-evolution would be cool. I don't want it to evolve into anything else though, but that's just because I love how it's appearance is and I don't want it to change =P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Although in reality that's kind of silly to say since you aren't REQUIRED to evolve it. So a Sumo Snorlax or whatever they think up of for Druddigon wouldn't be awful, I just wouldn't use them =P

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I don't think Snorlax is ever going to get an evolution unless Gamefreak takes power creep to a whole new level. Snorlax is already sitting on a 540 BST. It would be kind of ridiculous to see it get even higher considering how good he already is.

Druddigon is sitting at 485, so I can imagine him getting an evolution, but I agree with Jake. I like his appearance as is. It makes me think of a small child drawing up a concept and Gamefreak being like "this is gold!" and putting it into the game. :] It's kind of adorable.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
A pre evo for emolga and pacharisu would be good as well. They're clearly related!

…but what about the rest of the electric rodents' evolution lines? And then there's the water rabbit line, as well as my opinion that Plusle and Minun need a shared pre-evolution (and maybe evolutions, too; they're sort of underpowered compared to Pikachu – but then again, I think that Pikachu is the only powerful electric rodent, especially since it can evolve into Raichu when exposed to the Thunder Stone – along with most of the rest of its cousins.

Even with not many attack EVs, a nice brave bird could still leave a chunk in HP for certain Pokemon, so it's offensive abilities are certainly not to be underestimated, even if they're not really the best around. XD

My worries as far as a Sigilyph evo is concerned is that, given that in competitive battling, the most common kind of Sigilyph is the Cosmic Power/Stored Power, I'm kind of worried about what the new evolution would bring. I mean for me personally, I feel that Sigilyph is pretty much Xatu evo, even if it really isn't and even if it looks pretty much nothing like Xatu.

Well, parts of Sigilyph remind me strongly of Unown (plus, Unown are glyphs, although it is unknown whether they or language came first, while Sigilyph has 'sign' and 'glyph' in its name.) Maybe its pre-evo. could be a Pokémon that turns into it when its traded with an Unown (or, if this generation implements multi-Pokémon trading the rest of the way, more than one – you could have asymmetrical trading! But maybe that's for another thread…)

Last edited:
Back