• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Can You Deposit Your Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I mean, do you have the heart to just leave your starter in your PC...?
Either during your adventure or during a match online?

I don't. I dunno why but I can't seem to deposit my starter, in any generation of games... =/

How about you guys?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I usually don't during the main storyline, but when it comes to team-building for wifi matches and whatnot, I don't see why I should keep it on if it doesn't have a role in my team. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't have the guts to deposit my starter to the PC for extended periods of time. I mean, the first Pokemon you go with is usually the one who you enjoy so much you can't let it go.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
Years
I used to not be able to deposit my starter back in the yellow, red and blue days but these days I don't care too much for the starters so I have no issue depositing them.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I keep them in the main storyline, but on the part of online battling, I will. I will if it's competitive battling and not an in-game battle.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually deposit my starter when playing DPPT because I don't like any of them. And if I'm doing a challenge that requires I not use my starter for whatever reason, then I box it then too. I used to hate doing that though, but hey, I got over it.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I can't either, i feel like its bad luck, and it wont fight with the same heart afterwards, its kinda a superstition (i think i spelled that wrong) o well haha

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Nope, I can't deposit my starter...I didn't realize that I couldn't/never did that until I saw this question here lol. I only temporarily deposit him, but never for a long period of time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I typically play through the game with my starter, but once that's set and done I'll only withdraw it when I need it (i.e., non IV/EV wi-fi battles).

Though right now my starters in both Platinum and Soul Silver are in my active party.

Years
I don't really care too much for any of the starters at all. I think there are way better pokemon in those type groups than the ones you can choose to start witth.
I have no problem boxing my starter as soon as I can catch something I like better.
I play through the game with a team of pokemon that I love. I feel no loyalty to the starter pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well I usually don't do it through the main storyline since there are usually not good pokemon to train.
But after league I sometimes deposit him without hard feelings to tell the truth...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Once I've finished playing properly, and am just trading....like on my Diamond, which isn't very playable, as it freezes in snow, I managed to get through the whole game with some luck, (Route 216 didn't upset it that time, for some reason), I've now put my entire team into the pc boxes, and just have a Latias and Slugma there, for egg-hatching and the fact that my shiny Latias, which turned out to be a hack, is a great HM Slave.

However, I usually keep my starters. After all, you can only get one in-game, and they are always pretty damn strong, so it makes sense to use them! Also, they can all learn Rock Climb...

Years
I usually play the game with the team I want, and more often than not the starter is not part of said team. Unless I edited the starter to get some rare and/or late Pokemon easier.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
Usually I keep my starter with me in-game but after I beat the elite four and whatnot I just randomly raise up a different team or do competitive play and I leave the starter in my PC if I don't need him.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
I get rid of it as soon as I can. Can't stand starter Pokemon, everyone has them, use something different dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back