• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Poster!

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Hey guys, first time poster here.

Just wanted to say Hi and I'm pretty stoked because I picked up Soulsilver on wed (I was out of the pokemon world for a while) and after about 100 or so soft resets I managed to snag a shiny Chikorita!!! Pretty excited so I figured I'd share with you guys and say hello!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hey Pokemark, welcome to PokeCommunity :)

I see you tried hard to get yourself a shiny Chikorita :P
Are you a dedicated shiny hunter? Because we got a club just for shiny hunters :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Thanks :) I've been playing since red and blue when I was like 12 but I never really got into the whole shiny thing. I played up to Black and White but now I think it's something I may be interested in trying out. I'm going to see how many more I can get, so I'd def be interested in that club! :)

Years
Only 100 soft resets for a shiny Chikorita?! Share your luck with me! Many people go into the thousands and end up never finding anything. @~@ Anyway, a huge welcome to the forum, Mark.

Since you're playing SoulSilver, I'm thinking the 4th Gen Games will be a great place for you. You can discuss the fourth gen, ask for help getting through the game, and even log your journey in the Travel Journal sticky thread. The travel journals are some of my favorite things about PC since you can document your game progress and look back on it later. Not sure why I don't post in them much, though... but there's always time to change that when I finally restart my HeartGold. That game was ridiculously fun, though my only issue with it was how slow the battle animations and PC went. Outside that it was very fun - the Pokeathlon was probably one of the best features it had, so let me know if you've tried it and what you thought of it. :D

Awesome that you've tried B/W too, hopefully that means you'll be moving onto Black 2 & White 2 soon. They were a very worthwhile investment and very different from the original Black & White so there's no need to worry about spending a lot of money for a game that's pretty similar or anything, haha. Emerald was one of my favorite games but there was no doubt that we were pretty much buying Ruby and Sapphire over again, almost. :(

That's all from me - hope you have an awesome time here! <3

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey, pokemark!

Welcome to PC!

That's pretty awesome that you got a shiny Chikorita after only 100 soft resets! You've got some nice luck, hahaha. xD

What was the last game you played since you first left the series? SoulSilver was a good choice of game to come back with because a lot has really developed since the release of that game. The graphics have really drastically improved and so has the content available within the games.

I hope you enjoy yourself around here! If you ever need anything or would just like to chat, don't hesitate to leave a visitor message on my profile!

See you around!

Years
Hi Pokemark, and welcome!

I have to say, getting a Shiny Chikorita after 100 soft resets must be goddamn lucky. I never got a Shiny starter on any of my games (sob) but I did recall my first-ever starter in a main playthrough (my Mudkip in Ruby) was female, and on the first try too! I didn't even know female starters were rare back then so I guess you could call me surprised when I found out.

SoulSilver was an awesome game I have to say, it was like playing the 2nd Gen (which I never played) but with all those 4th Gen features and updates. The Pokeathlon and Bug-Catching Contest were some standouts of the game for me. Nice to see you played Black/White as well, I love 5th Generation games a lot for the amazingly strong Pokemon and the beautiful scenery. You should definitely play Black 2/White 2 so you can prepare yourself for the upcoming generation and the new X & Y games. They look pretty awesome I say. I loved Black 2 & White 2's features a lot, and the amazing variety of Pokemon you can get as well. Already got my 3DS so I can use it when I eventually get X & Y.

Cirno already directed you to Fourth Generation Games for HG/SS discussions, but I might also direct you to the Black and White section of the forums as well, right next to Fourth Gen. Games. It also has a travel journal you can record your progress in (although I've been hardly posting in it nowadays due to my current Black 2 playthrough), it's one of my fave sections so expect to see me around there a lot.

Have fun here, and send me a VM if you need to talk.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone! I played up to Diamond and Pearl and for some reason just lost interest at that point. I was tired of all the new pokemon and it just didn't really work for me. Unfortunately that meant I missed out on the remakes of my all time favorite game(s) (G/S/C)

I picked up Black but just wasn't enjoying it and quit halfway through. When Hurricane Sandy hit we were without power for about 10 days so all I had for entertainment was my game boy. Picked up FireRed and really enjoyed playing again so decided to opt for soulsilver.

I'm definitely going to give Black another go around after SS and if it goes well maybe I'll grab White 2, but I'm definitely excited for X/Y.

The shiny Chikorita was a total shock, I never did SR before so it was cool to get it with such little effort, I heard people try into the thousands. My goal now is to get a few more shinies cause it was pretty fun to work towards and obtain.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
nice welcome to the forum! shoot me a vm if you need anything or check me in the tradecorner chat.

Regards, Chris

Back