• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Did I screw up? xD

Somehow I found an ultraball while playing (In the second mission area...somehwere.) and caught a Bellsprout to teach it cut. But hearing that we will get three other partners through events...erm, ya. O.o So first, why was there an ultraball on the ground if we're not supposed to use it? And second, how can I get rid of the bellsprout? xD

Well, The Ultraball was probably a glitch. Without the computers around, you can't get rid of the bellsprout.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
And, isnt that the way it's working now, anyway? :P

It's simple to make that more realistic. Just increase the stats of the "poke team" to make it stronger than one poke. Talk about "team strength", if the "team strength" is 0, team is over... It makes sense to me.
And again, it's not like always battling with one poke (team in this case) will be boring. As the leveling up while doing combinations is what'll give some excitment to the game (Man... If we only could add more than 4 attacks the idea would be even better)

Well, it's up to you. I just got interested in the concept and wanted to put some of my creativity into it :laugh:

No, it is not. The PLAYER has a CHIKORITA, PIKACHU and a TORCHIC to begin with... :\
Hm... Now that you mention it... I guess it could be nice.
Then again, I need to think of it further more. xD

Hmmmm

BEHOLD, PURE MATHEMATICS TIME! COMBINATORICS!

Let n be the number of pokemon that he's going to put in teams of 3.
Since ABC != CBA (order matters) and elements can't be repeated, the number of total possible teams is variations of n elements taken in groups of 3, V(n,3)=n!/(n-3)!
Which is a large number unless n is a small number. For example, if you're putting 10 pokemon in teams, the total possible teams would be 10!/7!=10*9*8=720.

Without the "leading pokemon" thing (ABC=ACB=BAC=BCA=CAB=CBA, it'd be C(n,3)= n over 3 = n! / (3! * (n-3)!), which is a smaller number. For 10 pokemon, there'd be 10! / (3! * 7!) = (10*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1)/(3*2*7*6*5*4*3*2*1)=(10*9*8)/(3*2)=10*3*4=120

Here's some wikipedia support
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combinatorics

LOL! I understood merely half of the equation...
I love math, but I tend to forget things. xD

Did I screw up? xD

Somehow I found an ultraball while playing (In the second mission area...somehwere.) and caught a Bellsprout to teach it cut. But hearing that we will get three other partners through events...erm, ya. O.o So first, why was there an ultraball on the ground if we're not supposed to use it? And second, how can I get rid of the bellsprout? xD

Wenks... *goes to check*
Wow... There was... Thanks for the report! ;)

Lol catch the boss of the area and then were talking

Ahahah! LOL!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Evil :(
I so wanted to catch Regirock, Aerodactyl and Bulbasaur :(
Anyway completed the beta :)
It was good except I think i remember a couple (But not many tile areas), one in Sinister woods.
And like I mentioned earlier the sprites :)
Anyway good luck :)

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
I love it how you still move in the truck even though it isn't there. Like your going to missingNo. island. LOL. Maybe I might find a level 130 poke.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Heh, no problem. :P The words "How did THAT get there?" Come to mind though. xD

well, the lack of beta testing is the cause of that Ultra Ball there... :P

anyways, it seems I can't update you guys for anything if my internet connection is so damn slow and in a stop-and-go system... -_- it needs to be fixed...

Well, a few updates... I am still mapping Aqua Swamp. Yet, the name will be changed though, depends of the suitable name for the plot...

Also, new OverWorlds inserted.
And expect one of the player's real-life friend to have an event to join you.

zel... I still haven't decided yet...

That will be all for now...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
It's kind of not very C00L because you can't get more Pokemon.

There could be (a Pokemon, doesn't matter who it is, a Porygon, for example) in Pokemon Square that can store your Pokemon in Virtual Space (Porygon has the script of computer in Pokecenters). You can catch Pokemon with Apricorns of something (of course you must catch a Pokemon in a mission). And when you catch it, it goes to the Virtual Space in Porygon's (the box in the PC).

I wrote this idea of mine. You can say it's good or you can say it's bad.

btw. I love the Abra you made and its script!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
He already said I think a post back that u can get certain pokemon through script, he just hasn't told anyone which ones.
In other words, it's a secret.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
oh sorry :shame:

I just had an idea... ROSE!

btw - We also need a move deleter, name rater and a move relearner in Pokemon Square

destinedjagold a si slovenc? če nisi itak ne bi razumeu

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Awesome DJG hope u finish the hack soon can't wait for the full version

well be patient because i don't think this hack is that old yet.
anyways i'm going to download it right after i get a clean ruby rom.
i will like this because of the amazing game you made and finished.
you know what i mean.;)

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Well I've only played through the 2nd mission, but as of what I've played so far, I loved everything, except....

The beginning dungeon (Sinister Woods) lacks a way to heal poison. I know that there are healing plants occasionally, but I still almost died from Wurmple-induced poisoning, so that may be something to think about.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Just finished the beta. All I wanted to say the beta is great although it's a bit short though.
Found another glitch. If you go to B.F, and keep going left, I end up ina desert full Ruby trainers and ruby texts.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
We already covered that...
DJG is I think finished with that area or is getting to it.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
yeah, thanks for backing me up, shinypkmnfan...
And as he stated, I am done fixing that area... though it was weird 'caus ebefore I made a patch, Silver Desert was already done...
Oh well... There weren't any events there, anyways. ^^

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Great hack you got here, i played through the hole Beta but i did see some errors, the 1 error was the Rock at Regirock and i also comed to a Desert with ruby Trainers and they battled me lol, but anyway keep up the good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back