• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not a question per se, but in response to the locked Genesect Event thread where I would have made this reply...if you have two systems and play both B/W and B2/W2 on the same system, create a new B2/W2 save on the alternate system and trade Genesect over to your B/W save on the main system. You then have it in B/W.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2020
I'm IV breeding Pokemon, but can't remember how to do the Wi-Fi battles that level them up 100 for easy calculation. I have two DS systems, and both Black and White.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm IV breeding Pokemon, but can't remember how to do the Wi-Fi battles that level them up 100 for easy calculation. I have two DS systems, and both Black and White.

Unfortunately that's not possible. You have to level them up to level 100 yourself. :( Black and White removed the feature to auto level them to 100. However you can kinda guess it with the characteristics and the best stat dude found in battle subway. :3

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hey PC, got a quick question. I tried to tuck a Pokemon into the dreamworld yesterday, after not touching it for a good six months or so. It says that my dream world needs recharging? I haven't tucked anyone in in ages, have no clue why this is happening.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hey PC, got a quick question. I tried to tuck a Pokemon into the dreamworld yesterday, after not touching it for a good six months or so. It says that my dream world needs recharging? I haven't tucked anyone in in ages, have no clue why this is happening.

the only thing i could try and do to help is just try again, either that or your pokemon has been in there too long and might have been deleted. Those are the only logical answers i could come up with. Hope i helped!

Years
What's a fast way to make money? The Amulet Coin has always been my go to option but what trainers should I battle?

If you ever need to raise money quickly you should battle the Trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums (Big Stadium, Small Court) since you can rematch them every day.

Also, you can sell Everstones to the Gentleman in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. He'll give you 1,000 Pokedollars for each Everstone you sell him.

You can find Everstones easily by fighting Roggenrola in the Wellspring Cave, make sure you teach a Pokemon the move Thief (TM46) and you can steal Everstones off the Roggenrola, which hold them 50% of the time. If you're using a Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle it will be slightly easier thanks to their Frisk ability which makes them able to see the foe's held item.

Years
If you ever need to raise money quickly you should battle the Trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums (Big Stadium, Small Court) since you can rematch them every day.

Also, you can sell Everstones to the Gentleman in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. He'll give you 1,000 Pokedollars for each Everstone you sell him.

You can find Everstones easily by fighting Roggenrola in the Wellspring Cave, make sure you teach a Pokemon the move Thief (TM46) and you can steal Everstones off the Roggenrola, which hold them 50% of the time. If you're using a Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle it will be slightly easier thanks to their Frisk ability which makes them able to see the foe's held item.

Thank you! I'm going to get to Nimbasa to battle the trainers there. Also figured out that if you go to Driftveil Drawbridge and pick up all of the feathers all of them except for the Pretty Wing sell for 1500 each, and you manage to get 10 in a minute pretty much.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thank you! I'm going to get to Nimbasa to battle the trainers there. Also figured out that if you go to Driftveil Drawbridge and pick up all of the feathers all of them except for the Pretty Wing sell for 1500 each, and you manage to get 10 in a minute pretty much.
Not necessarily. Sometimes you get three battles in a row.

I always say take a Fighting type Pokémon to Nacrene City just before the change in the day and travel west to chip a fragment off the Challenge Rock there. When the day has changed (it doesn't go right at 12:00, it takes almost a minute to fully register), chip off another piece. Fly to Icirrus and go into the Pokémon Center and there's a quick 19,600 from the Ore guy next to the counter.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
How do I migrate my Pokemon from Emerald to White? I've just finished Route 4 in White and have completed the main game in Emerald, what do I do now. I'm using a certain program to play it that has a GBA Slot.
Unfortunately, you can only transfer Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. To transfer Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you will need to transfer them to any of the fourth generation games first, and then to your White version. Hold items, HMs, eggs, and Spiky-eared Pichu cannot be transfered; however, do note that you may transfer a Pokémon with Whirlpool through D/P/Pt or a Pokémon with Defog through HG/SS as those two moves are only HMs in the respective games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Unfortunately, you can only transfer Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. To transfer Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you will need to transfer them to any of the fourth generation games first, and then to your White version. Hold items, HMs, eggs, and Spiky-eared Pichu cannot be transfered; however, do note that you may transfer a Pokémon with Whirlpool through D/P/Pt or a Pokémon with Defog through HG/SS as those two moves are only HMs in the respective games.
It should be added that if a Pokémon learns either Defog or Whirlpool naturally through leveling up that it should not hinder transfer from the other series of games, as well...or is this in fact incorrect?

Cyclone

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
It should be added that if a Pokémon learns either Defog or Whirlpool naturally through leveling up that it should not hinder transfer from the other series of games, as well...or is this in fact incorrect?

Cyclone

In the case of 3rd to 4th, I know for fact that although it may learn it by levelling up it counts it as HM, happened to my Rayquaza and Salamence. As it is registered as an HM, just by being that move, I am quite sure it cannot be transfered from IV to V as well.
EDIT: The few sites I checked say that, but I want to check it myself. I'll edit once I do that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
HMs are coded in the moves.

Seaking was the only Pokemon that learned Waterfall through level up and its always treated as an HM once it learns the attack. So the coding for HM locks are in the attacks themselves.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This is good to know. Perhaps this is also part of the reasons TMs were made reusable in Unova; after all, Defog is a TM there.

Cyclone

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Quick question: Just finished the elite 4, (again, after defeating N) and I'm going to buy Pokemon Black/White 2 maybe around Christmas time. What can I still do in Black in the mean time? I'm not to keen on capturing every pokemon, but if it's the only thing left to do then I guess it will be ok ...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Quick question: Just finished the elite 4, (again, after defeating N) and I'm going to buy Pokemon Black/White 2 maybe around Christmas time. What can I still do in Black in the mean time? I'm not to keen on capturing every pokemon, but if it's the only thing left to do then I guess it will be ok ...
Well, you can explore Unova's eastern half, catching the available Pokemon along the way. That, and there's the Battle Subway. You can also rebattle the Elite 4 for a chance to battle with Alder, which you didn't get to do the first time around.
is Pokemon B/W2 worth buying?
i mean can it be a "long term" game?
Yup, it is. It has improved features over the original like the Pokemon World Tournament and move tutors.

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
Should I get Black before puchasing Black 2?

Hello all! The last Pokemon game I purchased was Heart Gold so I have no experience with this current generation of Pokemon. I wanted to get back into playing but I wasn't sure which I should purchase. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back