• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Ehm o.o random question >.> <.<
I know this might sound silly, considering the Kalos region and Gen VI are now up and running, but I've been wanting to join a Johto/Kanto-based RP for a while now and the ones I found some days back are either full or dead or just didn't appeal to me .-.
So I figured I'd make my own >->
Already got help with GMing and got an entire first OOC post with some details on the plot and everything ready <.< the extent of the plot and just how serious things are is still under development and all, but we're getting there. I wouldn't wanna post it just so I can RP in it by myself lol xD
So I was wondering if there's still fans of the Johto region and GSC/HG/SS still around that would wanna be in a Johto/Kanto-based RP >u<

I'd be interested! It's been a long time since I've been able to do a Pokemon RP since my knowledge of the more recent generations is pretty limited, so a Johto/Kanto RP sounds perfect...! ;7;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I just posted the thread and it's now awaiting approval ^-^

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
As a new(ish) plot for my HP idea is going through my head at the moment, I'm hoping to spark a new conversation for y'all.

What are your thoughts on major religious and/or governmental factors in RPs? Have you ever been in an RP like this before?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Would anyone be interested in a hunger games rp from the past? I was thinking of doing the 70th hunger games due to it not ever being mentioned in the books, and would be quite interesting. It would play out like a survival sandbox-ish rp, and if you die, you're out completely. As always there can only be one winner. Would anyone join that?

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
What are your thoughts on major religious and/or governmental factors in RPs? Have you ever been in an RP like this before?

I don't mind it as long as it's relevant. The Shattered Era (a Pokémon-exclusive war RP set long after humans died out) did it well, separating Pokémon into religious purists and those that use ancient human technology.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Hey guys, I know I didn't post much on this thread while I was roleplaying but I hope to be a little more active this time around, now that I'm settled in college I have a lot of free time I'm looking to get involved in a good Pokémon roleplay (and possibly write a fanfic too, which of course is completely irrelevant). I most likely wait for the next batch of RP's to be posted, and I don't know why I'm posting this here but I just want to get involved on the thread!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Ugh x.x I know the rules said RPs get approved in a matter of days, I can't help but be anxious about it, especially since both Magic Fox and Skymin were online after I posted my thread >u< I mean,I even completed my SU and found some neat PokeGear sprites of various colours so each character gets an unique one and even requested a gen 4 johto pokedex sprite thingy in the art thread >u< I'm waaay too excited about this x.x
EDIT: You totally ninja'ed me, Deli xD welcome back to the RP scene? ^^ I barely just joined it last week and I'm already starting my own RP xD a Johto based one cause Johtos my fave region >u<

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I don't know if I should reveal my true identity, but alas I must, I AM A NINJA! If there's space in it I'd definitely love to get involved! Johto is definitely an amazing region and is excellent to roleplay, I had one going myself but it died before Violet which got me a little upset but what can you do? Thanks for the welcome back, roleplaying used to be one of my primary hobbies when I was younger (12-15) although I wasn't exactly good (I don't count myself as good now but I try my hardest). And welcome yourself, new roleplayers are always welcome on these forums and the fact that you're getting started with your own RP is epic dude! Hope you enjoy your stay here, and heres to it being a long one! PS loving the signature dude, Chandelure is a god!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
^^ Well, truth be told, I'm no stranger when it comes to RPing. I RPed before, just never on a forum and never Pokemon xD I only started RPing on here due to an urge I had all of the sudden xD So I totally acted on a whim. And I'm glad you're interested in joining ^^ Though the thread still hasn't been accepted xD I'm getting more and more nervous by the minute >.<
And yeah, Chandelure is aweome *-* My favorite ghost type, closely followed by Froslass, Mismagius and Phantump xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey guys, I know I didn't post much on this thread while I was roleplaying but I hope to be a little more active this time around, now that I'm settled in college I have a lot of free time I'm looking to get involved in a good Pokémon roleplay (and possibly write a fanfic too, which of course is completely irrelevant). I most likely wait for the next batch of RP's to be posted, and I don't know why I'm posting this here but I just want to get involved on the thread!

Welcome back Turkish! :D

Ugh x.x I know the rules said RPs get approved in a matter of days, I can't help but be anxious about it, especially since both Magic Fox and Skymin were online after I posted my thread >u< I mean,I even completed my SU and found some neat PokeGear sprites of various colours so each character gets an unique one and even requested a gen 4 johto pokedex sprite thingy in the art thread >u< I'm waaay too excited about this x.x
EDIT: You totally ninja'ed me, Deli xD welcome back to the RP scene? ^^ I barely just joined it last week and I'm already starting my own RP xD a Johto based one cause Johtos my fave region >u<

We do approvals in batches :) I'm about to do it now so your wait won't be much longer ;3.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
By the way when are the next RPA's and RPO's. Saw the thread for the RPO and found it really interesting.

coughcoughcough

There will be something, before the end of the year... hopefully. RPA style rather than RPO though :).

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
By the way when are the next RPA's and RPO's. Saw the thread for the RPO and found it really interesting.

I coincided the RPOs (Roleplay Olympics) with the actual Olympics. We considered doing it again this year as well, but decided against it. There is a good chance I'll do it for the Winter Olympics in 2014 (Around February).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
7 of the 13 slots in Pokémon: Johto Mysteries have been reserved. There's only 6 slots left and 6 pretty PokéGears that go with them ^-^

The IC thread will be posted once we have enough accepted characters to allow us to start ^-^

EDIT: We already have 4 accepted characters, 6 people reserved slots already and there's 4 slots left for whoever else is interested in joining >u<

Last edited:

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum, and one of the reasons I had decided to join was due to the RPs, that I have been leafing through. I'm am exceptionally green when it comes to RPing, but I believe it would be a great way to further express myself. I am interested in a Pokemon RP (I feel it may be a good place to start since well, I am on PC forums right? :)). I would definitely like the stress that the only experience I have with anything of the sort, writing wise, is that of my Freshman English credit and my high school English classes. I also have plenty of imagination as well as time. Would anyone be willing to help me find an RP that is suited for a Noob such as myself?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@TheZenTraveler. Hi there! Welcome to PC's Roleplay Corner, where the grass is really green and everyone is cray cray for forum-style RPing :3

Experience is not needed and you'll see that everyone around is friendly with everyone.
Firstly, make sure to read over the rules so that you know how stuff works around and also get familiarized with the most frequent terms employed here. The Roleplayer's Etiquette might be a nice resource to look at, too! Then we have the Roleplay Library where all active RPs are available for easy access and are sorted in very convenient ways and, finally, the Check to See thread is updated whenever a new RP joins the batch, so keep track of it :D

Should you have any questions you can always ask the moderators: Skymin and Magic fox or even regular users like me. Have fun and enjoy your stay~ :3

Might I ask what exactly you're looking for in an RP? That way our shameless advertising will show up here and you'll find the right RP for you :D

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
@TheZenTraveler. Hi there! Welcome to PC's Roleplay Corner, where the grass is really green and everyone is cray cray for forum-style RPing :3

Experience is not needed and you'll see that everyone around is friendly with everyone.
Firstly, make sure to read over the rules so that you know how stuff works around and also get familiarized with the most frequent terms employed here. The Roleplayer's Etiquette might be a nice resource to look at, too! Then we have the Roleplay Library where all active RPs are available for easy access and are sorted in very convenient ways and, finally, the Check to See thread is updated whenever a new RP joins the batch, so keep track of it :D

Should you have any questions you can always ask the moderators: Skymin and Magic fox or even regular users like me. Have fun and enjoy your stay~ :3

Might I ask what exactly you're looking for in an RP? That way our shameless advertising will show up here and you'll find the right RP for you :D

Thank you for the welcome ^^.
I had spent most of last night reading through the rules and common mistakes of new RPers such as myself. I will be sure to avoid the real basics, no Godmodding or Bunnying. As well as doing my best to avoid creating a Gary Stu.

I guess I may prefer to start with a Pokemon RP that is anime based. I am not well versed in the Anime, but I just so happen to be a fairly hard core Otaku, so catching up won't be hard. I would be looking for a more co-op experience versus a competitive experience. I have since a fairly young age thought about RPing Pokemon, though for various reasons I was never able to (probably the main reason I feel starting there would be a great idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back