• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Fanclub ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
aysj04.png

A club for the 2011 anime Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica on PC. A dark subversion of the mahou shoujo genre, the series follows young girl Kaname Madoka as she is thrust into a dangerous conflict between magical girls and witches, creatures born from the darkness of the human heart. Constantly pressured to join the ranks of the magical girls by the mysterious creature Kyubey, Madoka must grapple with the question of whether Kyubey's ability to grant any one wish in exchange for becoming a magical girl is worth consigning herself to a fate of battle.

The series is animated by Studio SHAFT (Bakemonogatari, ef, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei), directed by Shinbo Akiyuki (Maria+Holic, Pani Poni Dash, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei), written by Urobuchi Gen (Saya no Uta) and has character designs by Aoki Ume (Hidamari Sketch). The series was an explosive hit in Japan, on track to break all records for blu-ray/dvd sales of an anime series and has already produced spinoff manga, innumerable collector products, and a vast quantity of fanworks.

Rules:

1.) All PC rules, of course, still apply in this club.
2.) For the benefit of those who have not yet finished the show, all spoilers (which are defined here as text or images that refer to specific plot points) must be in spoiler tags.

A member list can be provided in this space if requested, but this club is less about hierarchy and more about enjoyable discussion.

‿‿

Is that a wish you would sell your soul for?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Weeeeell, without further ado let's get this party started with some fanart. Fresh from danbooru:

55rmkm.jpg

It's a hard decision whether my favorite kind of Madoka fanart is Kyubey suffering horrible violence or Homurun-chan stalking Madoka/stealing her pantsu/etc.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
In, and very happy to see a Madoka club up.

As for my favourite fanart it has to be the HidiSketch crossovers, Ume Aoki fans have a good sense of humour.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That picture will haunt my dreams tonight.. XD

Also, this fanclub.. I must join it!

Granted, that's what I wanted to do to Kyuubeh a few times.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm in. xDD;;
I've only seen the first 4 episodes of Madoka so far, but I'm loving it.
I haven't searched any fanart at all, yet. But Kyubey is creepily awesome, I guess.
...Especially when being beaten up. :U

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
^ OH wow, it IS a small internet. ◕ ‿‿ ◕;;

I recorded that for motivation. You know. Just in case we forget.

Also, it occurred to me this club is now the perfect place to upload my plethora of Madoka yuri doodles I draw in class. :D

edit: My Homura cosplay came in!!21111

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lily, you draw fanart? We must see it!

Also totally jealous that you get to cosplay a Madoka character right now, omg.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Not fanart, per se, just stupid doodles in class when I'm bored. XD
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's gonna be soooo hot wearing this but I'm excited. :D

Years
Closeted Meduca fan reporting in. Make me a Puella Magi and all that.

Nice cosplay there Lily. I have a bad feeling my friend is going to attack you if he sees you at AnimeNEXT.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Okay, that cosplay is incredible. You need to practice running your hand through your hair condescendingly.

Spoiler:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
@jigglypuff - if you're going, I wanna totally say hi to you!

@kaga - no, you need to be MORNING LESCUE!

Spoiler:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Oh yeah, I'd totally be down with rappelling into buildings and such. Of course, it'd also be pretty fun to get a bunch of people to make and operate a Chinese dragon-like Charlotte
Spoiler:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
The charlatan has come to make amends for whatever wrongs he may have committed.

I'm only roughly halfway through the series, but I must say, it really does live up to the hype. It's one thing to just read about it, but it's completely something else to actually see what happens with one's own eyes.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Madoka contains some of the greatest anime visual spectacle of all time. I only urged you to actually watch the series ASAP because I knew you would absolutely love it.

So, I have a few comics I've been wanting to link to, but is it completely against the rules to link to Danbooru at all here even when it's a harmless, G-rated image? Just thought I'd ask those in the know first.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Madoka contains some of the greatest anime visual spectacle of all time. I only urged you to actually watch the series ASAP because I knew you would absolutely love it.

So, I have a few comics I've been wanting to link to, but is it completely against the rules to link to Danbooru at all here even when it's a harmless, G-rated image? Just thought I'd ask those in the know first.
I've linked to Danbooru in the past, but even for safe images I've always made sure to tack on NSFW warnings due to the ads. Better safe than sorry.

On that note, if there is a way to filter images from the pools, I'd certainly like to know. It's pretty hard to look for Madoka pics (or anything else, for that matter) when one is inundated with Touhou crap on every damn page.

In other news, delicious Sayaka cosplay is delicious (WARNING: Ads may be NSFW).

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
You can always add the Touhou tag to your blacklist when searching pools. I'll never understand Japan's obsession with those frilly shmup characters, although I do still enjoy Hakurei Reimu fanart for whatever reason.

That's an excellent cosplay.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
You can always add the Touhou tag to your blacklist when searching pools. I'll never understand Japan's obsession with those frilly shmup characters, although I do still enjoy Hakurei Reimu fanart for whatever reason.

That's an excellent cosplay.
I found a good enough work-around for that: Just searching for Madoka directly in the pool. What can I say, I'm a real sucker for Mami and Charlotte actually getting along with each other.

If you're interested in more cosplay, feel free to look here for something you may like. Do feel free to share your favorites.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Ahaha 3dbooru. I literally went through every single Madoka cosplay they had.

Some were amazing, some were...creepy. Like, the photoshopped, perfect, Azn face creepy. A lot of them would look cuter if they just smiled. ;_;

Back