• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
Glow Punch

Forgive me if there is already a Glow Punch thread.

Any ideas on typing? Does it really mean the beginning of a new Fire/Fighting Starter?

Spoiler:

I don't think so, honestly.

I'm actually leaning towards Fennekin being a Fire/Fairy type once it evolves. It's got the cute thing that they're working towards for Fairies and Glow Punch looks like an Elemental Fairy attack.

My only question is... How does he punch with paws?

blue

gucci
Years
I just can't see them creating a fouth consecutive Fire/Fighting starter, it's just too repetitive. I'm hoping this is a Fairy type move seeing as a Fire/Fairy starter would be pretty awesome, but if Glow Punch is a fighting type move then it doesn't necessarily mean that Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting either.

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
That's true. I just really have my doubts if it is even a fighting move to begin with. There are plenty of punches that are not. Wouldn't it be great if they expanded on them and made a Metal Punch and a Water Punch?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, and now Glow Punch. All the prior 'punch' move types were pretty obvious thanks to their name. I'm guessing Glow is an indicator that it is either a Psychic or Fairy type move.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Lets take this discussion on over to the New Moves Speculation thread. It could probably use some love right about now.

blue

gucci
Years
Well with the introduction of a new type, it would be appropriate to introduce a new elemental punch and with it being Glow Punch I have a strong feeling it may be Fairy type.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
More Ice-type moves, more accurate Steel-type moves, more accurate Rock-type moves.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Forgive me if there is already a Glow Punch thread.

Any ideas on typing? Does it really mean the beginning of a new Fire/Fighting Starter?

Spoiler:

I don't think so, honestly.

I'm actually leaning towards Fennekin being a Fire/Fairy type once it evolves. It's got the cute thing that they're working towards for Fairies and Glow Punch looks like an Elemental Fairy attack.

My only question is... How does he punch with paws?

Since the attack as an explosion like animation behind the punch its either Fire, Fighting, or Normal as those are the only three types right off the top of my head that have explosion animations for some of their moves. As for how it punches, it has paws that can extend and retract, it can punch.

I just can't see them creating a fouth consecutive Fire/Fighting starter, it's just too repetitive. I'm hoping this is a Fairy type move seeing as a Fire/Fairy starter would be pretty awesome, but if Glow Punch is a fighting type move then it doesn't necessarily mean that Fennekin will be Fire/Fighting either.

I can see them creating a fourth Fire/Fighting. I'm expecting them to do just this because its a competitively viable combination. If Glow Punch is a Fighting type attack it has as much chance as effecting Fennekin's type as Psychic was rumored to have....or that seeing a little bit of green in the back ground of random pictures means that we're getting a Gen 3 remake.

That's true. I just really have my doubts if it is even a fighting move to begin with. There are plenty of punches that are not. Wouldn't it be great if they expanded on them and made a Metal Punch and a Water Punch?

We have a Metal Punch with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash. I severely doubt its water since it has a fiery explosion looking animation....its either Fire or Fighting or Normal based on that. By a fair chance its Fairy Type.

Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, and now Glow Punch. All the prior 'punch' move types were pretty obvious thanks to their name. I'm guessing Glow is an indicator that it is either a Psychic or Fairy type move.

Glow would be an indicator that it comes form a light creating source which would be Electric or Fire. Based on the animation I'd rule out Electric and go with Fire.

Only move with Glow in their name already is Tail Glow which is bug. So we can't really say its anything other than Bug Typed if you want to go by name association.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
The reason why I don't believe Glow Punch will be either Fire, Electric, or Fighting is because we already have punching moves of those types. So Fairy and Psychic are the most likely. I've theorized before that Fennekin would evolve into Fire/Psychic as a huge contrast to Fire/Fighting (Gamefreak without a doubt has heard our complaints) and because Fennekin used a psychic move in a trailer.

Gamefreak has not let up a single moment to hype up the new Fairy Type. Has there been a single update since Sylveon's typing has been unveiled which hasn't shown off the prowess of fairies, whether it be through Xerneas or the new X/Y exclusive fairies? They've also shown off many of the new moves that will be Fairy-type.

So food for thought: if Glow Punch was a fairy move, why haven't they hyped it with the usual "you can use this to beat dragons!" hype? If they wanted to keep the fact that Fennekin would be given the privilege of having the new fairy typing as opposed to the other starters--which isn't farfetch'd, considering Xerneas got this privilege whereas Yveltal has not--then why would they have revealed to us the possibility of it using a new fairy move?

The answer could definitely be to tease us, foreshadowing that it is a fairy. Or it could be a new psychic move, considering that the other physical options (Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, Heart Stamp) might not fit Fennekin's evolutions well.

I used to believe that Glow Punch was a fairy move, but only within the last 10 minutes have I debated with myself that it might be a Psychic move.

Oh hey guys, if Glow Punch becomes a variation of Ice Punch, what do you guys think the 10% effect chance will be? I thought at first that it would be a 10% chance of infatuation (back when I thought it would be a fairy move), but my friend Rekia suggested to me that it might be a chance to lower accuracy (along with the possibility that it could be psychic.)

Last edited:
Years
Since the attack as an explosion like animation behind the punch its either Fire, Fighting, or Normal as those are the only three types right off the top of my head that have explosion animations for some of their moves. As for how it punches, it has paws that can extend and retract, it can punch.

I can see them creating a fourth Fire/Fighting. I'm expecting them to do just this because its a competitively viable combination. If Glow Punch is a Fighting type attack it has as much chance as effecting Fennekin's type as Psychic was rumored to have....or that seeing a little bit of green in the back ground of random pictures means that we're getting a Gen 3 remake.

We have a Metal Punch with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash. I severely doubt its water since it has a fiery explosion looking animation....its either Fire or Fighting or Normal based on that. By a fair chance its Fairy Type.

Glow would be an indicator that it comes form a light creating source which would be Electric or Fire. Based on the animation I'd rule out Electric and go with Fire.

Only move with Glow in their name already is Tail Glow which is bug. So we can't really say its anything other than Bug Typed if you want to go by name association.

Hmm loads of interesting thoughts you have there. Although I am thinking it may be a Fairy-type attack like some others think. I don't it looks like an Electric attack to me since they usually depict sparks or something and I do believe we already have a Normal-type punching attack, Mega Punch and Comet Punch specifically. Definitely ruling out Bug-type though since it doesn't give off the vibe.

Psychic seems like an interesting type for this, but I know that very little Psychic-type moves are physical mainly because the type is primarily based around special-based stats. And then again some of the only physical Psychic moves I know of are Psycho Cut, Heart Stamp and Zen Headbutt. But I'm going with Fairy until I see more information.

More Ice-type moves, more accurate Steel-type moves, more accurate Rock-type moves.

I'd definitely like to see more of these, especially the more accurate Steel and Rock moves.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The reason why I don't believe Glow Punch will be either Fire, Electric, or Fighting is because we already have punching moves of those types.

Going to start here....AND? So what if we already have some? You seriously think that is enough to stop Gamefreak from making another? How many Variations of abilities that do the same thing do we have? How many variations of attacks with similar attacks/abilities/types do we have? We already have it is no a valid reason against doing it. If anything that makes it more likely to happen again.

So Fairy and Psychic are the most likely. I've theorized before that Fennekin would evolve into Fire/Psychic as a huge contrast to Fire/Fighting (Gamefreak without a doubt has heard our complaints) and because Fennekin used a psychic move in a trailer.

Again, And? There is nothing you just said that says that it isn't a Fire attack, it isn't a Fighting attack. Neither of which even come close to saying what type Fennekin is. So it can use a Psychic attack...Chespin can use a Flying attack. Guess that means Chespin is going to be a flying type. Chespin has also never used a Dark attack yet it has so much Dark Support. The attacks they use do not dictate what their types will be.

Gamefreak has not let up a single moment to hype up the new Fairy Type. Has there been a single update since Sylveon's typing has been unveiled which hasn't shown off the prowess of fairies, whether it be through Xerneas or the new X/Y exclusive fairies? They've also shown off many of the new moves that will be Fairy-type.
Sure they've let up. They've introduced Non-Fairy Pokemon. The last 3DS installment had little to nothing to do with Fairy Type Pokemon. We don't know what Glow Punch is so you cannot say its part of the Fairy hype. We don't know what Oorotto is and it has more hype on it than the attack did. The Fairy hype news is slowing down just as all news does.

So food for thought: if Glow Punch was a fairy move, why haven't they hyped it with the usual "you can use this to beat dragons!" hype? If they wanted to keep the fact that Fennekin would be given the privilege of having the new fairy typing as opposed to the other starters--which isn't farfetch'd, considering Xerneas got this privilege whereas Yveltal has not--then why would they have revealed to us the possibility of it using a new fairy move?

The answer could definitely be to tease us, foreshadowing that it is a fairy. Or it could be a new psychic move, considering that the other physical options (Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, Heart Stamp) might not fit Fennekin's evolutions well.
Or it could be absolutely nothing, They just wanted to show another new attack that the game has. For all we know Fennekin is going to become a Bipedial Punching fox if we use its attacks to dictate how it evolves. It could remain a quadruped if we completely ignore this and stop thinking too deeply about it.

I used to believe that Glow Punch was a fairy move, but only within the last 10 minutes have I debated with myself that it might be a Psychic move.

Based on Animation there is a fairly high chance that it is neither as neither have Explosive animations. If it were psychic it would have had a more proper name as well as all Psy attacks deal with esper, mind or psy so there is a very good chance it isn't Psychic. It can still be fairy as there aren't that many Fairy attacks shown as of yet, but Fighting, Normal, and Fire hold monopoly over explosion animations.

Oh hey guys, if Glow Punch becomes a variation of Ice Punch, what do you guys think the 10% effect chance will be? I thought at first that it would be a 10% chance of infatuation (back when I thought it would be a fairy move), but my friend Rekia suggested to me that it might be a chance to lower accuracy (along with the possibility that it could be psychic.)

I don't think it will be a variation of the other punches. If I had to choose a punch it could be close to I'd say Mach Punch. If I had to say one similar to the Elemental Punches, then confusion if Fairy or Psychic....Fighting would be Flinch....Fire a weaker version of Fire Punch with lowering accuracy due to the name insinuating it may be bright. If Normal, Confusion and Accuracy could be played in its favor.

Back