• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I agree. When Justin Bieber and One Direction fangirls try to shove their music down your throat. I've had to deal with it for the past few years and it gets quite annoying. Everyone should listen to what they like and shouldn't care what people think.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
People who want you to accept their music taste, but call the music you listen to crap.
THIS. I've always felt strongly about this topic. Everyone has different tastes and interests so naturally some people like certain types of music while others don't. However if you claim the types of music you don't enjoy aren't real music then you are being very ignorant and close minded. There is good (opinion) and bad (opinion) music made from every single genre however it's all real music. The subject of a song also has no correlation to the quality of it, for the most part. Music isn't made personally for you, it's usually based on the particular singer or bands life and things in general they can relate to. If you can't relate to it that doesn't make it any less real. I listen to rap, hip-hop, rock, alternative, and EDM (electronic dance music). I don't really enjoy country music all that much, however just like the genres I do listen to, I realize that countries singers can be just as talented as anyone else and they produce quality music. You don't have to like something to respect and appreciate it.

Years
People who chew with their mouths open resulting in a horse sound. Mainly based on how annoying my sister sounds when she eats XD

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
It really grinds my gears when, 1D and JB haters, they always go around saying, "Listen to real music", how does one "define" real music.
It IS real music...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
grinds-my-gears.jpg

When people say that music has gotten better over the years, but in actual fact that the music has died a lot for me. There were a lot of bands and singers throughout the 90's and 00's, but I feel that music quality has died somewhere around 2010. It's very rare now that I find songs which I do like.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
People misusing the word "overrated" on mediums they don't like and wish they were dead. Oh, and people who are blinded by nostalgia of the decade they grew up with having "better" quality mediums.

Outlier

People who repeat their same old boring tangent a million times over. WE GET IT! *yawn*

Also people who obnoxiously accuse you of being blinded by nostalgia and being closed minded because you prefer certain things from the past. Blind hatred works both ways, it's not just the old school fans who are known for it. You can have genuine reasons for disliking certain entries of a franchise (old or new), so stop being so sensitive and reacting as if you're being personally insulted by other people's criticisms of things that you like.

Back