• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Ocean Blue

rmxpGuy

rmxp Pro, Sphere user
Years
This is my first game made with rmxp. It is turning out good however because i am an old timer when it comes to the rm series. Here's a little about the game(Don't tell me about any mistakes just yet, I've only been working on it for a week!):

STORY:
You start off in Blizrow Town which is where you will get your first pokemon. Professor Birch from the Bayshue Region is covering for Professor Tai because he was rescently(sp?) in a boating accident. In this game you will be doing the normal pokemon thing of catching all of the pokemon, and getting all of the gym badges. You also have to stop team rocket from what they are doing. Thats right, Rocket is back but under the leadership of Giovanni's nephew. In this game, instead of surfing, you are actually aloud to swim in certain areas.

Next, Here are some screenshots of the game thus far:
SCREENIES:

pkmnob2.jpg

Here is our title screen

WorldMap.png

Tienne Regional Map

RouteA-1.png

Route A-1

RocheTown.png

Roche Town

RouteA-2.png

Route A-2

DriftwoodForest.png

Driftwood Forest

DriftwoodForestEnd2.png

End of Driftwood Forest

RockyPass.png

Rocky Pass

Here is Demo V. .001. This is a very short demo that just lets you check out my intro.
Demo .001

I am not sure if the Hero start position is in the right place so just make sure it is beside the person(on the left side of him) on the intro map.

There you go, I hope you guys are interested in this project because there will be a lot more updates to come! :D

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
The region map looks just like Kanto.

rmxpGuy

rmxp Pro, Sphere user
Years
hmm..now that i look at it again, I guess it does kinda look like Kanto. That's just an early beta of the map anyway, things are bound to change:P BTW, thanks for the comments!

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Those trees don't look too good in the 3rd screenie, when they overlap.
Other than that, nice job!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The mapping is alright. The hero sprite looks a bit off colour though.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Wow this is going to be great keep up the good work :D.

Back