• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My first shiny was a Psyduck! I caught it because it was blue, not because it was shiny. I then started a new game (I had no interest in shines long time ago). When I found out I had a SHINY Psyduck, I gave myself a huge facepalm. ><

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
First shiny I ever SAW was a Skorupi. Badass coloring. Unfortunately, it was in the Marsh Zone in Pt... If only I had thrown a Pokeball instead of some mud *sigh* BUT! I have redeemed myself, and my first shiny caught was a Gligar in one of B2's Hidden Grotto's. Got a shiny Espeon through GTS, though I don't really count that one.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I'm pretty sure my first shiny was in Diamond. I was running around in the tall grass near the Day-Care center and I randomly ran into a wild Ponyta. I thought the game was glitching at first because the flames on its body were blue. So I caught it. Don't have it anymore, though... I gave it to my best friend as a gift.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
Mine was a Ghastly from Pearl that was just outside of the haunted estate. I was very surprised seeing as I don't hunt for them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It was either the Red Gyarados on my Pokemon Silver or Ash's Noctowl (which I'm guessing would count here).

Blaze42

The Spirit of Chaos
Years
Shiny Geodude in Pearl. I later evolved it into a shiny Graveler. Never got a shiny Golem, though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A shiny Tentacool was the first one I seen back in Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color. But I didn't know when it shined it was rare at the time.

The first one I caught was Hippop in the Safari Zone in Heart Gold and then later before Black and White came out I got a Shiny Ponyta on Mount Silver.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
My first shiny was a shiny Onix on Victory Road (Firered). It was weird that I encountered it again after I restarted the game through..

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
My first shiny was actually a shiny magby from the egg the old couple give you in crystal, byt then I decided to restart to see if I could get a shiny elekid instead. I didn't... But I also caught a shiny zubat in sapphire. woo.

Back