• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it Christmas time already?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Yeah, I saw that commercial the other day. I think it's mainly a desperate attempt by K-Mart themselves to generate business because the company is falling apart.

I love Christmas, I don't really think it can start too early if it's broadcasted after Halloween (we never really cared about Thanksgiving since we have a teeny-tiny family) :S I'm one of those people that doesn't really get sick of the constant Christmas songs on the radio lol. I do get that post-Christmas depression for a while after though. Sucks :U

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It's too soon in September but retail is obsessed with Christmas cause that's when they make their yearly profit so we're forced to deal with it. They'll probably start playing Christmas music in a week.

Guest123_x1

These days, the Christmas shopping season is coming earlier and earlier each year-a bit too early for my taste. Same goes for Christmas music on the radio stations. By the time the holiday comes, you get so sick of things and can't wait for it to be all over.

Years
My dad said that he started on a little bit of early Christmas shopping this weekend, but I've yet to hear or see any Christmas related ads or displays yet anywhere around here. That being said, I'm probably in the vast minority that thinks that Christmas commercials, music, etc. don't come early enough.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My dad said that he started on a little bit of early Christmas shopping this weekend, but I've yet to hear or see any Christmas related ads or displays yet anywhere around here. That being said, I'm probably in the vast minority that thinks that Christmas commercials, music, etc. don't come early enough.
That's very ironic considering what you put for your location. XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It sure feel like Christmas is creeping in on the other holidays...it's not even fall yet...
I haven't seen any Christmas stuff. However as soon as labor day was over they started advertising Halloween here...so likely after the 31st they'll quick switch to Thanksgiving, and after that's over to full on Christmas move...let's hope Black Friday doesn't start earlier this year than last year...marketers (and yet a lot of people fall for the stuff (I don't go Black Friday shopping so I don't include myself it this...usually buy gifts closer Christmas eve.))

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Wow, Christmas commercials already? Haven't seen any yet, but I have seen various stores put out Christmas stuff already. I think its way too early. Halloween and Thanksgiving still have to come! I think anytime in November is a good time to start with the Christmas stuff.

Years
Actually its all not that surprising to me. Where I live they rush things a lot. For example, you finish classes in May, and already in June there's back to school stuff. I remember last month they were putting Christmas stuff in Wall-mart. For real? Its not even Halloween yet and they already had these things in display. I feel like that holiday spirit has been lost.

Years
Yeah, Christmas seems to just devour everything that's around it. There's christmas stuff all over the place starting in October and it just lingers there until the end of January and sometimes even onto February. the video I posted is spot on, actually, despite that it was made with some degree of jest.

Years
Thankfully I haven't seen anything yet. Around here it's mostly fall & Halloween themed, but I bet the minute Halloween is over, bam, Christmas stuff. It's like that almost every year. Waaaaaaaay too much commercialization for my tastes. Christmas is about your family and who loves you, not about how much crap you can buy.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I work at a grocery store, and I got a Christmas design of a product in mid-August. I had to stock it, too. =/

For me Christmas time starts the day after Thanksgiving. But really, I'm not bothered by it coming early, as I love it. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok so I'm in Target right now and in the back of the store they have Christmas decorations behind the Halloween stuff. October hasn't even started yet and Halloween is more than a month away. Geezus Target put that stuff away it's too early. Just goes to show how overly commercial the Holidays are getting that decorations pile in as early as late September. I mean I get people who want to decorate as early as possible but most people don't start to after Halloween so what's the point? Not to start religious flame wars or anything but as a Catholic it makes me sad to see Christmas' real meaning whither and now everyone focuses on selling crap.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
AWsquared said:
Not to start religious flame wars or anything but as a Catholic it makes me sad to see Christmas' real meaning whitter and jow everyone focuses on selling crap.
Amen to that! XD

I haven't been shopping for a while, so I haven't seen any merchandise. But the fact target already has that out, somehow doesn't surprise me.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Haven't seen any Christmas ads on tv, but stores have Christmas magazines already. I had to take my mom shopping and she tried to get me to buy her one, but I put it back because she has no need for it. The layaway posters are up as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I haven't seen any commercials yet but I have seen a few decorations already out in a few stores. I personally don't acknowledge Christmas until after Thanksgiving and in October the only holiday I will acknowledge is Halloween. So forget the Christmas books and so forth a Halloween Cookbook is obviously the way to go. 'Sides Christmas is mainly being around family than buying a bunch of stuff. That's why I'm always happy about Christmas even if I only get one/two presents.

Years
I haven't seen any Christmas related ads on TV yet... but shops have started selling Christmas stuff. It's just... way too early. Who's going to buy seasonal stuff in September?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I don't really understand why Christmas ads start so early. I don't have any big thing against it but I really don't think it's a smart financial move at this time of the year - are there really enough people ready to buy Christmas products in September to justify their presence on the shelves?

Years
My mother is always annoyed when those big department stores bring out Christmas decorations early, and yeah it happened again this year. But yeah in Australia there is this weird tendency that some shops bring Christmas stuff out early, no ads though. Just the decorations.

Back