• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald : Road to a Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
@Dark Lakitu: We tried, but we couldn't find the script! Do you know where to find it?

The script is where Norman's kid talk to him in the Petalburg Gym.

You should make Norman's kid talk to Norman and while they are

talking, you (Wally) walked inside the Gym.

After some kind of talk, you take Norman's kid to Route 102.

And then, you (Wally) saw a wild Ralts and you have a Pokeball and

a Zizagoon which Norman borrowed to you (Wally).

Ralts is catch rate is 100%.

So you can't escape from the event.

The script ends right after you leave Petalburg Gym.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
I like your idea in the hack! however, I have a few questions to ask and some suggestions:
-Are the maps going to change? cause it will make the game more fun
-Isn't Wally's hair Green? and his overworld sprite is brown haired... you could probably change it
-Change the plot of the story... the whole Pokemon plot is never ever fun...
and.....
-Make some other events happen...
-Is the Hero/Heroine going to appear? I mean... what corresponding character is going to appear when you choose if you are a boy or a girl?

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
Years
I like your idea in the hack! however, I have a few questions to ask and some suggestions:
-Are the maps going to change? cause it will make the game more fun
-Isn't Wally's hair Green? and his overworld sprite is brown haired... you could probably change it
-Change the plot of the story... the whole Pokemon plot is never ever fun...
and.....
-Make some other events happen...
-Is the Hero/Heroine going to appear? I mean... what corresponding character is going to appear when you choose if you are a boy or a girl?

-We will change a few maps, but remember this is shown through the perspective of Wally, so a lot of new maps would be inappropriate because Wally lived in Hoenn.
-We will change it, there was some colour-related problems, but it will be changed, rest assured.
-Since Wally is the main character, there is going to be plot changes.
-What do you mean by 'other events'? New events? There will be new events in the game.
-The Hero/Heroine are going to appear, and we are attempting to remove the choose gender, so you can only play as Wally. Wouldn't make sense choosing to play as a girl and ending up as wally!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

prince : Currently researching into getting rid of the gender pick thing. At the moment, it doesn't matter who you choose, you still play as Wally. He's girly enough <_<

That made me thought of an idea.

You have a Wally who is green haired and brown haired, right?

In the Introduction, make the Prof. say:

Do you like being brown haired or Green Haired?

Then, your seclections should be:

Green Haired or Brown Haired. Then, you select your name.

And then, the Prof. saids: OK, let me use the "Hair Color Changer"

to change your hair color! By the way, the "Hair Color Changer" is my new

invention apart from Pokemon Reserching!!

I think you can handle the remaining parts in the introduction.

Years
That made me thought of an idea.

You have a Wally who is green haired and brown haired, right?

In the Introduction, make the Prof. say:

Do you like being brown haired or Green Haired?

Then, your seclections should be:

Green Haired or Brown Haired. Then, you select your name.

And then, the Prof. saids: OK, let me use the "Hair Color Changer"

to change your hair color! By the way, the "Hair Color Changer" is my new

invention apart from Pokemon Reserching!!

I think you can handle the remaining parts in the introduction.

......accursed genii.....

We'll see if we can do that XD On another note, is anyone willing to make full body Wally sprites for the intro? And if so, anyone ELSE willing to tell us how to put it in. The intro is still alien to me.

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
Years
There IS a tutorial, it's just not for Emerald, not quite sure which version. We might be able to use it for Emerald.

Years
Some new old screens to make sure people stop asking about Ralts being a starter.
RaltsStats.png
RaltsMoves.png

We'll put his complete moveset up later, which is open to suggestions.
Do you reckon those base stats look right for a starter?
PokemonEmeraldGBA_07.png

Gave her a use. After all, it's a long trek to Rustboro.
Wally.jpg

First screenshot ever taken.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
I think I know how to get the Wally captures Ralts scene... I was wondering, if we could use that scene to replace the flygon intro - reckon it is possible?
Oh yeah guys, whenever I click on compile script, the buf rite thing doesn't show up. Any clues? I want to be able to directly do something when Aztek isn't around.

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea. What I do know is you could make a script that includes the Wally and Ralts scene special, with a givepokemon command.

About your PokeScript problem, I suggest abandoning it...Haha. XSE is much more reliable, and it'll only take you about 10 min. to figure out the differences.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Some new old screens to make sure people stop asking about Ralts being a starter.
RaltsStats.png
RaltsMoves.png

We'll put his complete moveset up later, which is open to suggestions.
Do you reckon those base stats look right for a starter?
PokemonEmeraldGBA_07.png

Gave her a use. After all, it's a long trek to Rustboro.
Wally.jpg

First screenshot ever taken.

Hmm, there are not much scripts.

You have to do lots and lots of scripts so that when people are

playing the hack they won't have a Emerald Feel.

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea. What I do know is you could make a script that includes the Wally and Ralts scene special, with a givepokemon command.

About your PokeScript problem, I suggest abandoning it...Haha. XSE is much more reliable, and it'll only take you about 10 min. to figure out the differences.

Yeah, Pokescript is rubbish.

XSE is also handy on making earthquake scripts as well!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The plot does sound a little interesting. But you're going to have the same old boring maps.
But I hope there will be some more interesting events. Change the tree because the original tree looks horrible.

Years
So many people seem to have issues with the Emerald tiles...Well then, anyone willing to help us with that? As, to be honest, neither of us are good at spriting.
Also, school has started again for us, so our responses will be slower.
Thanks for the tip on XSE, we're now using that and while the compiler does work, there's a few...issues.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
So many people seem to have issues with the Emerald tiles...Well then, anyone willing to help us with that? As, to be honest, neither of us are good at spriting.
Also, school has started again for us, so our responses will be slower.
Thanks for the tip on XSE, we're now using that and while the compiler does work, there's a few...issues.

What kind of trees do what to use? Don't say you want D/P tiles because

it's overused.

Maybe Kyledove's tiles?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
No. Maybe FR tiles? O.o?

Anyway, can't you make a script like the one with you helping Wally except May/Brendan helps you? You use the same special and have a givepokemon somewhere.

EDIT:
Guys, I got it.
The special to make the battle with Wally and the Ralts is special 0xA0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back