• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting Titlescreen Logos into Fire Red.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2010
Help!

When I save palette as .act ,it automatically makes bg.pal :/

I load bg.pal, it doesnt work :(

Last edited:

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
Hey i was wondering, when will you post a tutorial for the background,
I used this tutorial, and tried figuring out the background for myself, but i can't quite get it, do you replace the .PNG with the 'Press start, and gamefreak' stuff with a picture then use a tilemap editor to change the way it looks, and then palette edit it?

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Is there any way to do this using GIMP or Irfanview? I tried saving the palette as .pal and opening it in Irfanview but got an error. So can this be done with either of those things.

Divider

Grand Master Johto Champion
Years
Flandre you are absolutely my savior at this given moment, I have been searching for a tut just to do this very thing, and it was always the palette getting messed up god knows why, PC should get a wiki and put this in it, this would stop about 300% of the un-needed spamming in the forum.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
This tut worked perfectly for me, one of the only ones I really didn't have a problem with at first thanks

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Whenever I try to save the bg pallet in VBA, it pretends to let me choose the filename and filetype, but when I go to where it wrote the file to, I find a worthless one byte file called bg.pal that no program can read. Nothing I have found to do can fix this. Can somebody help me?

Hun

Years
For Korronensu

Whenever I try to save the bg pallet in VBA, it pretends to let me choose the filename and filetype, but when I go to where it wrote the file to, I find a worthless one byte file called bg.pal that no program can read. Nothing I have found to do can fix this. Can somebody help me?

You probably need to download a new VBA. Same thing happend to me as well i just downloaded a newer version and it worked after. Hope this helps!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
when i press "write to rom" and put it to the same configuaration as yours and press "ok" it says "compressed size is: 1888. which is too big. Aborting." help plz..

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
My dadburn version of VBA wont' save palettes that actually work. No matter what name I tell it to save as, and whatever format, it always ALWAYS saves pallettes as bg.pal, and for some reason, no program can read the file.

What do I do? I already got the latest version of VBA.

Years
Ive used this and a variety of other tutorials to make my title screen but i just cant get the 'PRESS START' animation to stay after I redo the tilemap any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for a very easy and effective tutorial.

Back