• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aristucra - Legends of the Orb

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
TitleScreen.png

Screenshot2011-05-24at70527PM.png

Features:

150-170 Pokemon in the pokedex at first. Depending on how the game goes, I might take some out, or add some. Please note that these are NOT Fakemon

Everything is in 3d!

Battle System: The Battle system is going to be very different. The protagonist is going to have a weapon (sword, bow, etc.) that they fight with, and then his pokemon will help him fight. Also, it will be kind of like pokemon ranger where pokemon can help you complete puzzles (burn things down that are in your way etc.), but they won't be the exact same thing as Pkmn ranger. The battles will be in real time. Although this is untrue in the Tropical Zone, in other zones, you will meet trainers with weapons who will offer to spar with you.

10 zones! There will be ten zones that the player will be able to travel through. For more info about the zones, look below.

Starter Pokemon: For now, it's a Pikachu. Other pokemon will be in the game, but you will really only own your pikachu

More features are on their way!

Zones:
Spoiler:

Story:
Spoiler:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Just me. If you are skilled in Blender or any 3d modeling program and want to help sprite, just PM me!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Just me I guess, because this is a solo project!

Well, tell me what you think!

Last edited:

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
The screenshots are just the default world for unity

The are. I was showing them to show you what the program was capable of. Once my laptop is fixed, I will show you the pictures of my world that I created. I can also show you some of the models I've created on blender. Those pictures are from a sort of starterkit that came with unity. They are the equivilent to the small town that came with poccil's kit. It just tells you how to work the program.

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
*Update*

*UPDATE*
Here are the blueprints for one of the underwater monsters I am making. They were made in blender and I know that they are not perfect. They are just for giving me an idea of what the monster will look like.

Spoiler:

So what do you guys think?

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
**Update**

I've re-written the story and edited the first post. I will add in descriptions on the zones after I finalize them. If anyone has any suggestions for a zone, I will might add it and if I do, I will credit you.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Will you have to start and keep Pikachu, you can't release it? It would be nice to have a selection, like:

Pidove, Pikachu, or Eevee, around the lines of that.

Anyway, bravo! I look foward to this!

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Will you have to start and keep Pikachu, you can't release it? It would be nice to have a selection, like:

Pidove, Pikachu, or Eevee, around the lines of that.

Anyway, bravo! I look foward to this!

Thanks to everybody for the compliments and advice. @Hooh, I will eventually add other choices. It will be something like this:
You see a pokeball and open it. The pokemon that comes out looks like one you've seen before? What is it?
1) Pikachu
2) Eevee
3) Pawniard

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
@ That post above me..
It will be boring if only one pokeballs 3 starters..
Can you try like Pokemon XD or Collesum?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
@kingsnivy, his idea is pretty unique. I like it.
Dont be hating, lol.

Anyways I wish you luck with this, has we hardly had any 3D pokemon games. :P
Looks nice, is there anyways you can change the overall appearance? like the graphics.

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I like this, except for one thing:
Fighting with a weapon doesn't sound really Pokémon-ish :S

I've been thinking that too, but I don't really want my game to be like a regular pokemon game where the pokemon does all the fighting. I would rather the main character does the main portion of the fighting and then the pokemon helps. If you have any ideas for a system where that would work, pm me and you will be credited if I like it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about trying a different 3d engine because Unity isn't as game friendly as I had hoped. I have found two other gaming engines that I can use:
Maker3d:
http://maker3d.tk/

Platinum Arts Sandbox:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/

I am leaning toward Platinum Arts Sandbox but Maker3d has a battle system implemented so I can modify this one so it can meet my needs. The only thing that is holding me back is that it is very new and in the beta stages so there are a lot of bugs. I'll download both of them and see which one is best.

Anyway, how is my story? Is it too generic or is it good?

Back