• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu was pretty much walking on auto-pilot. She didn't really pay any special attention to where she was going and her feet automatically took her to her room. Miku tried to stir the awaken Kiroku while Miharu just sort of stayed within herself near the closed door. Miharu suddenly felt exhausted, a bone-weary tired. Without the two of them noticing, Miharu slumped onto her bed and fell asleep, It wouldn't be the first time she slept in her uniform and, besides, she had an extra one. Miharu was asleep within minutes, even if it wasn't quite a restful sleep.

Worthless...

Can't even do anything right...

Do you even have magic?

Are you even my daughter?

You are failure to our family name.

Disgrace.

Idiot.

Dispicable.

Horrid.

Gladly, or sadly depending on one's opinion, she did not show any outward reaction to the dreams; the memories.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"Someone came in?" Miku asked, frowning slightly as she let Kiroku go and motioned for him to stand. Kiroku was hesitant at first, but he did so anyway. Miku motioned for him to sit on the new bed; although it was rather comfy, he just realized that Miharu was already in bed sound asleep. He wanted to do that, but Miku looked at him expecting something to be said.

"... Yeah, he just suddenly barged in and demanded to know where some girl was. I think he said her name was (-something-)," Kiroku explained, floding his arms as he tried to remember what exactly happened, "I think he expected me to be up and answer, but when I didn't he kicked me in the back... He muttered some gibberish, too. Something about... 'that miserable little--' I forget exactly."

"That's odd; do you feel injured?" Miku asked, crawling on the bed and shifted behind the boy. She began rubbing his shoulders. Though she wasn't sure where he was kicked she did it anyway to signify what she was offering to do. "I can help; where did he hit you?"

"I'm alright; really," Kiroku stated as his face turned bright red. He wanted to get up, but Miku seemed to predict his next move. She hugged him tightly from behind and kept him in place.

"You don't have to say nothing for my sake. I'm sorry about earlier," Miku cooed in the boy's ear, "I didn't know you were so... reactive to specific triggers." Kiroku sighed as he raised both arms up to grasp Miku's arms lightly.

"I'm... just trying to get used to this place still, I guess," Kiroku said, trying to keep his voice down as to not disturb Miharu's sleep, "I don't have the same problems as Josh, but that was merely the second time things flared up. I'm fine now."

"I'm sure you miss Earth very much," Miku said, then added, "But I'm sure Miharu is happy to have a familiar like you."

"Actually... it's not that I miss Earth," Kiroku admitted, finding it a bit harder to breath with Miku so close at that moment, "I hated it there-- they took everything I had before I even got summoned here-- but I never got the closure of any of my conflicts. As far as I know there isn't a way back, but even if I could I wouldn't want to."

"Kiroku..." Miku said as she hugged tighter, "... I think you should sleep on this bed tonight."

"But where would you sleep?" Kiroku asked, "I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable on my living arrangements."

"I'll be in this bed, too," Miku stated plainly, making Kiroku to stiffen in shock, "this bed looks big enough for three people-- like Miharu's bed. It'll be fine." Kiroku had no idea how to react. Miharu would beat him up in the morning if he did. Or maybe she wouldn't. But was it worth the chance?

"... It's been too hot for me, though, so I'll be on top of the sheets," Kiroku reasoned, his face a brighter red as he couldn't believe what he was even saying. But Miku seemed to accept the condition and allowed him to lay down on the bed. Kiroku clumsily took off his boots as Miku changed into her night attire (They're really trying to find ways to test me as the only boy in the room, aren't they? Kiroku thought as he stared at a wall until he felt Miku pull the sheets over her, I swear I'm either lucky, or I was really perverted in a past life and every chastisement from my brand is going to be my karmatic punishment...). He laid down on the bed and felt a bit easier about all of it. At least until Miku reached out and held him as she got comfortable herself.

"Goodnight, Kiro-kun," Miku whispered, sounding glad that he was there, "Pleasant dreams."

"Same to you, Miku-chan," Kiroku said as he tried his best not to throw himself off the bed from emotional overload. It was hard to decide between feeling relaxed being on an actual bed after days of scattered rest or feeling anxious from the possibility of being beaten to a pulp for obliging Miku's idea. In the end, though, the boy got comfortable being in Miku's embrace once more. She had fallen asleep quickly; leaving Kiroku to compose himself on his own. But it did feel nice... like he was a child again feeling the closeness of a nurturing entity (But this time the person actually cares... Kiroku thought; feeling like he could cry at any moment). Slowly, the boy too started to fall asleep.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Joint post, Fire Heart/Aura Rift:

Josh sat up in the bed, he did his best to pull the blanket over Kenna to make sure she wouldn't wake up.

It was about six P.M. at the time. They hadn't exactly slept long... but it was good to get any sleep at all at this point. He slowly edged himself to the edge of the bed and lowered himself out. He laughed slightly to himself.

"How wrong is it for a mage to allow her familiar to share her bed?" He muttered to himself.

"Well I suppose it would make sense if I wasn't human, I imagine having a lizard or dog or something sleeping in the bed with you would be slightly more looked down upon..." Josh smirked.

He fell down upon the chair, where Kenna was sitting when he had first laid eyes on her.

Josh slumped in the chair. He furrowed his brow.

He had almost left her. Almost leaving Kenna... it just didn't seem right. He didn't know what he had been thinking.

He had put her through stress and pain... for nothing. Besides, it's not like they could actually be together right? I mean she was mage and he familiar... right?

Either way he couldn't help but feel for her. She looked so peaceful sleeping on the bed. Josh remembered the first time he met her, she was so confident and mature. She hadn't even flinched when Josh had drawn a knife on her. He wondered was she really that brave? Probably, it's not the first time she put herself on the line for the sake of others. Silly girl.

Kenna woke up as Josh carefully unwrapped his arms from around her. She kept her eyes closed and willed herself to go back to sleep. It was no use, she was awake now and there was no way she was going to get back to sleep.

She tugged on the blanket that Josh had put over her and she wrapped it around her self. She stayed like that and listened to everything that was going on in her room. She heard a chair move, it must be Josh sitting down.

Kenna opened her eyes to see Josh sat watching her. This made her smile yet she was feeling quite self concious about it too. She yawned and sat up straight and grinned.

She looked out of her window at the sky and signed. It was morning and the sun was just raising. It looked beautiful. Kenna carefully opened the window and sat on the ledge. She was hungry for the feel of the sun.

She looked back at Josh and gave him a lazy smile. The show case was tommorow and Kenna had no idea what she was going to do about it.

"So, do you have any ideas what we are going to do for the showcase?" Kenna asked Josh.

Josh thought for a moment. It was true the showcase was tommorow... he hadn't really had the time to give it much thought.

"I have absolutely no idea..." Josh murmured.

"I suppose this is a bad time to mention the fact that I have stage fright..." Josh smirked.

The idea of standing up in front of so many people and doing something of any relevance terrified him. If he messed up everyone would see him. He would be made the laughing stock of the entire academy.

How strange it must have seemed. A boy with the bravery to fight strange creatures in an uknown world was afraid of standing in front of a few students and doing a performance.

Josh frowned.

"Well ummm... lets go with what we're good at. I can... well I ummm... I can fight? I can duel... I can use void magic but it's probably best if we leave that one out... hmmmm..." Josh was confused.

"Oh and despite what you might think Im actually smart! I have a pretty much photographic memory... though I don't know how that helps... unless I could remember a routine... hmmm... thats it! We can do a combat routine! You know one of those battle shows! Maybe Emil can help? If thats allowed... I don't know.." Josh trailed off.

"Why yes, yes it is." Emil stood at the edge of the door.

Josh turned and smiled at Emil.

"Really?!" He asked gleefully.

"Yes... every pair is aloud outside help from one other person. It helps make the shows more interesting. However the focus must always be on the familiar and mage, never the second hand helper." Emil explained.

"Then thats it!" Josh cried.

"Emil, do you have a familiar?" Josh asked quickly.

"Ahh I was wondering when that question would come along... well as a matter of fact my familiar has always been with me, I just never had to use her." Emil smirked.

"Huh?" Josh said confused, however what he did next made him realise.

Emil took a small pocketwatch from his dress shirts front pocket and opened it.

An icy wind swept through and a beautiful femal warrior with blue skin and armour made of ice stood before them.

"Whoa!" Josh cried.

"This is Shiba my familiar, she's an ice golem, tier three... Kenna I'm not sure... have you met her before?" Emil asked.

"This is perfect!" Josh cried.

"You and Shiba and me and Kenna could plan a mock battle routine! Like a show! My battle skills and memory will be shown off and admired like the showcase intended!" Josh put his hands on Kennas shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"So what do you think?" He asked.

Kenna looked up into Josh's eyes and smiled. He was getting really excited about all of this and that made Kenna happy. She nodded and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"I have seen your familar before Emil, she took my breath away the last time I saw her and she still does not." Kenna grinned.

Kenna still felt the sun on her back and that made her giggle. She looked at Emils fimilar. She is a ice golem, she looks so graceful. But the ice that she was made of made Kenna shiver. The thought of been as cold as she must be made Kenna feel strange. She was so used to the heat and so pleasured by it that the thought of been ice cold all of the time was strange to her.

"I think it is a great idea, just tell me what to do." Kenna grinned.

"Excelent!" Josh said.

"Then we should start planning as soon as... huh?" A letter slipped through the door and landed on the ground.

Just like the one from the first night Josh had spent at the academy it spoke.

It was the voice of Prof. Awenston.

"Students... as you know the recent activity has kept us busy but the familiar showcase will proceed as planned. We will also be reproviding regular access to the dining hall, which means that dinner shall now take place as schedueled. I should ask that all students make way to the dining hall." The letter stopped and disappeared.

"Dinner?" Josh asked.

"I guess thats what usually happens in the great hall, aswell as assemblys." Josh murmured.

"Well we've all been working hard!" Emil said closing the pocket watch and bringing his familiar back to its resting place.

"We should go eat!"

"Sounds good to me!" Josh smiled.

"What about you Kenna? You hungry?"

Kenna watched as Emil closed the pocket watch and his familiar went back to the place where it rested. A sudden thought struck Kenna. She turned to Emil and was about to ask him when Emil spoke instead.

"We should go eat!" Emil exclaimed.

"Sounds good to me! What about you Kenna? You hungry?"Josh smiled.

Kenna looked at Josh and nodded. She moved of his grip and stood by the door. She looked at Emil and gave him a tight smile. She was hungry and going to get something to eat sounded like a good idea.

"Emil, can I ask you something?" Kenna asked.

"Of course you can Ken." Emil gave her his lazy grin.

"Last year, when Tristan passed away, what happened to his familiar?" Kenna whispered as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
(OOC: This post is going to basically reboot Cody and establish him as someone else's familiar. Cy's character is being "deleted" for the time being, however I will leave the disappearance open in case Cy returns. If this totally ruins the story, my bad and ignore the post. Or I will delete it. I will be using the Headmaster for a brief dialogue. Just assume that he was free at time. Filler if you will. I also took a few liberties with the whole familiar/master relationship if thats alright.)

Cody stood in the hallway of Tristan Academy, dumfounded and confused. Normally his mind was quick to accept things as he was always able to adapt easily to fate's plans for him. But this….this was different. Cody slammed the door to Primeria's room and shook his head, scratching his hair rather violently as a means to relieve stress and clear his mind. He had to make sense of what happened. Cody has to presume magic was involved; it was a safe guess at least. Perhaps she teleported to demonstrate some skill? Or maybe she lost control? Death was another possibility, but Cody did not want to be grim. The only truth that was evident was that sitting around would not get Cody anywhere. Digging his hands into his pockets, Cody began to wander the halls with no destination in mind.

He had no idea what to do at this point. Should he look for his "master"? Should he just leave the school and work somewhere? Should he search for a way back home? Hmm, scratch that last one. Cody was clearly deep in thought at one point or another, finding himself nearly colliding with several walls and students while also losing himself in the corridors of the academy. In times of Cody actually be conscious and aware of his surroundings, he found on several occasions students jeering at his orange jumpsuit. He had nearly forgotten he was still wearing the damn outfit. It was at this point, he sighed and refocused his attention on navigation, deciding to intimidate passing students that gave him dirty looks. Revenge is a sweet dish and he couldn't think of a better way to inciting some fear.

It was at the point that Cody had a minor epiphany. Minor is the best word as it was far from that the type of self realization that changes the way one lives his/her respective life. It was minor in that he reached a new goal: Get the hell out of the school. It was readily apparent that without a "master" fitting in would prove difficult. In time, he will adjust to this world's culture but based on how his conversation with the headmaster he had a ways to go. Cody swiveled through the crowds of the students in various areas, trying to remember the layout from earlier. It seemed he was in a different wing however, his mindless wandering bringing him to a completely foreign dimension. Cody firmly believed that he walked in circle at least once, possibly twice seeing very similar features in a moment that could be called deju vu.

The only feature that was different was the second time around was that there was a fairly sizable group of students lead by what Cody assumed was a teacher. Cody believed he could squeeze by the teacher unnoticed. However, you try performing that feet wearing a bold orange jumpsuit in a world where every individual sports a fine silk robes and funny wizard hats. Cody looked down as to avoid making eye contact, hoping if the whole "If I can't see them, they can't see me" phenomenon would kick in.

It didn't.

"Excuse me? You must be a familiar. Where is your master?" The teacher perked up, staring with her crooked nose bearing down on Cody.

"Um…huh…" Cody stuttered, unable to craft a good enough lie, hoping his other plan was going to work.

"Well?" The teacher appeared to be demand, motioning the others to move along.

"Well…" Cody mimicked. "You ask an interesting question. I have no idea where my master is right now."

The teacher's face twitched and eyes flickered. Confusion was apparent. In fact, her face was practically a copy of Cody's face from earlier. "What do you mean?" She asked slowly, struggling to find the words.

"I mean what I said, teach. My master isn't here."

"Did she leave?"

"Mmm. Possibly. She kinda vanished. Like poof!" Cody said with a cheeky sound effect for added flavor. Cody's expression was flat and dry, as if he was actually trying to be truthful.

"I see. You must see the headmaster. Go immediately," she said. "Come we will go now."

"Whoa, whoa. Slow your roll. I was just going to leave. I have no intention of staying here," Cody pleaded, but the teacher would here none of it. She, for lack of a better word, dragged Cody by the ear towards the headmaster's office. Resistance was futile as Cody learned earlier due to the fact she could probably throw a fireball at him if he did fact decide to attempt to flee. Dying was not in Cody's plan for the day.

The features of the corridors gradually became more familiar. He recognized some of the opulent decorations and the layout of the hallways bore some resemblance to what he had seen earlier. It was apparent that the teacher had every intention for bring Cody to the headmaster. What was that going to do? Prove what Cody already knew? Make him stay somehow, perhaps as a slave? Cody rather die than be a slave. At least with Primeria, Cody was clearly an alpha male and in control.

"Here. Up the stairs and through the door. Speak with him. Tell him what you told me."

"Like I have a choice," Cody muttered bitterly. Cody shuffled slowly up the stairs, head down, hands in the pockets, and posture broken. His body language revealed Cody's spite towards his current situation. He did not want to see the headmaster and he doubted the headmaster wanted the same. But, there was light at the end of the tunnel. If anyone had any clue had to what happened, it was the headmaster.

Cody stood before the door and unlike earlier he decided against barging in. He wanted this conversation to get to the point.

Knock. Knock.

"Yes? Who is it?" Professor Awenston asked. He looked around with curiosity, before his face became suddenly scarred and horrified as if he witnessed the summoning of a horrible demon.

"Yo." Cody said with a wave. Awenston did not hesitate and attempted to slam the door in Cody's face only to discover Cody had predicited such a move and used his left arm to keep the door ajar. "Hold on and get the wand out of your ass and give me a chance."

"Why would I give you such an honor you insidious troll?"

"I don't think you want a sarcastic guy like me to answer that," Cody mumbled under his breath. "Look, it's important."

"Try me."

Cody took a breath before finding the words: "My master…vanished. As if someone wrote her out of the story." The headmaster's expression revealed his opinion in its entirety, primarily one of curiosity.

"Give me your hand. The one with the markings," The headmaster ordered. Cody grew curious, as he did not demand the details of the vanishing. It filled Cody with some confidence, as the Awenston may have had insight the teacher did not. Cody offered his hand and Awenston grasped it gently and examined it with the occasional "Hmm" suggesting internal thought.

"Well? What's up?" Cody asked impatiently.

"Tell me, can you sense your master at all?"

"Sense?" Cody asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Can you feel her presence nearby in your mind? Familiars and their masters share a bond and it can be often felt in the mind. Think of it as feeling an aura. Certain connections even allow familiars to sense when your master is in danger. If anything, you should at least feel that," the headmaster replied continuing to examine Cody's hand.

Cody closed his eyes and contemplated Awenston's lesson to no avail. He concentrated hard and truly attempted to feel Primeria. In the end, he shrugged his shoulders and let out a loud audible sigh, "I got nothing."

"Most interesting," Awenston hummed again. "I have many plausible theories as to what is happening. Either way, your master is no longer with us."

"Obviously," Cody interrupted. "Could you be any more vague?"

"I could. As to what exactly happened, I cannot say without making uneducated guess. If I have time, I will look into further. As for you, it seems you are released from your contract."

"Awesome!"

"At least with Ms. Sage."

"Eh?!" Cody exclaimed. As Cody yelled in shock, realizing the potential freedom he had acquired had vanished as fast as his master, the Headmaster appeared to have some sort of spell. Cody's head began to throb and his hand felt strange. He was taken back and felt dizzy, similar to when he was summoned hours ago. "What the hell did you to me?!"

"I simulated a summoning you could say. A new magical power has awoke in these walls. I think you will find you are capable with this young girl. Good luck!" The headmaster said with a troll like smile as he closed his door.

"What the hell does that mean? Hey! What am I supposed to do?" Cody demanded.

"I think you will find instinct will be all you need," Awenston called from beyond the door.

Cody could only pout in response muttering to himself about how much of a help Awenston wasn't. With that abrupt and rather cryptic salutation, Cody walked down the steps in similar fashion as to how he ascended them. The teacher was gone this time around likely going back to attending her duties. At least she was responsible unlike the crackpot old man Awenston who was the "headmaster." Cody was willing to beat if she had his knowledge, she would actually tell Cody what happened to Primeria and much more. Grunting and kicking a small object on the ground with frustration, Cody walked the halls of the school attempting to find himself an exit. It was probably easier to just ignore the headmaster completely and find a way out of this dump. Of course, he didn't know his way on around the school but he took an uneducated guess and let his gut take it from there. Cody's sense of direction was quite good, so nature may be on his side for once. Allowing his mind to wander, Cody simply took the path most appealing to him at the time and navigated the hallways and corridors without hesitation. Turn after turn was taken unconsciously with Cody not giving movement much thought. He was too distracted, confused and hungry to care.

And then there was a door. It clearly was not an exit, as there were doors like it all around him. It resembled Primeria's door so one could assume behind was some sort of living quarters. He had no idea what he brought himself here, but something told him to open the door. Cody slowly opened the door, as apparently the door was unlocked. Peering inside, Cody had some difficulty in making out the figures in the relative darkness. However, eventually as his eyes adjusted Cody was able to find two figures sleeping. One was a boy about his age, by about a year or two. The other was a girl. They were cuddling or something. Cute.

Cody's head became fuzzy, cloudy and deluded. For some reason, the next actions were a blur. With fervent desire, Cody chucked the boy off the bed and halfway across the room, picked up the girl and in a pose only seen in sappy romantic films, kissed the girl as if finishing a dance. In that moment, Cody's hand burnt again. Gritting his teeth, he placed the girl back on the head and a overwhelming sense of deju vu consumed him. His hand roared with pain and his head screamed with a thunderous headache. He glanced at his hand and saw new different runes than before.

"Not again…"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
((OOC: Like Raikiri stated, I can delete mine if his is no good. xD))

Miharu snapped awake when the door was opened. She watched carefully as the man walked inside, as if guided, and kissed Miku on the lips. Miharu's eyebrows rose to her hairline as she turned on the lights.

"What," Miharu stated flatly. "...Who are you, exactly, and why did you kiss Miku-san out of the blue?" She finally noticed the ruins. "Uh, did you just randomly become Miku's familiar?"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"Oof!!" Kiroku grunted as he felt the hard smack against the floor waking him up. The sudden bout of pain made him wake up faster and grow more aware of what was going on. The next thing he knew, he was watching as Miku got kissed by some other boy! And she was still sleeping!! Kiroku gritted his teeth as he hopped back up to his feet and pointed at Cody with a more venomous glare. "What do you think you're doing here?! Didn't anyone teach you how to knock!?! That's not even the most important part here! Why'd you do that?! Don't you know she's my--!!!" Even in his flustered rage he could quite say what he wanted to say. He immediately cut himself off and saw that Miharu was up, and listening, the whole time. A knowing smile seemed to be on her face. A small bit of Kiroku's rage returned; along with a light blush of embarrassment. "That's a different story-- What are you doing here?!"

"Hmm-hmm... Kiroku..." Miku said as she smiled in her awakening state of mind. She had honestly thought that Kiroku had kissed her after pulling her up. Instead, though, she opened her eyes to see a new boy in the room. He looked like he was going through a serious fit of pain. "Eep!! Who is that?!" Was that the person who kissed her? Miharu decided to speak up at that moment.

"It looks to me like Miku just got herself a familiar. That kiss formed a bond between the two of you," Miharu said, her sly gaze shifting over to the village girl, "It looks like a triangle formed, no?"

"Don't joke like that," Kiroku growled under his breath, "Wait-- Miku, since when were you a mage?" He immediately cast a look over to Miharu to quiet her of her next obvious statement: 'all her life, duh.'

"I-I don't know, I didn't know!" Miku stated in complete bewilderment, "They tried to test all the kids of my village for magical potential back in Germania, but my parents struck a deal with our king and I wasn't tested. Maybe that's why...?"

"Oh, how lovely..." Kiroku murmured to himself. His initial jealousy was quelled by the knowledge that it was a contract kiss. After all, he and Miharu had to do the same thing when he was first summoned. On the other hand, though, he still didn't like it. He had half a mind to grab his naginata and carve some limbs off Cody; the other half wanted to just go up an throttle him out-right. Not like he could kill Cody now; if he died Miku would, too. Now I have to protect three people if I want to live in this world happy, Kiroku thought, sighing as he watched Cody freaking out, hopefully he's a fighter like Miharu and I. "... So Miku, feeling anything for him now?"

"It meant nothing in that way!!" Miku blurted in her own defense, getting up and almost tackling the boy back down to the ground, "You have to believe me!" Kiroku laughed awkwardly to himself as he patted Miku on the head. He guessed that, even if there was, she still preferred him over anything.

"I believe you, Miku-chan," Kiroku stated, now finding it easier after the initial push to resist the force of Miku's body leaning against him.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Emil stopped in his tracks as Kenna asked about Tristans familiar.

"Tristans familiar... Im not sure if you remember him Kenna but his name was Talon, he was a brave and nobal griffon who fought by your brothers side and defended him loyally until the end..." Emil trailed off.

"The day you woke from your hospital bed after Tristans death, I found Talon waiting outside for me... his eyes were lifeless, as if his soul had been ripped from his body, his feathers had begun to fall out in certain places and his talons were chipped and destroyed. His lifeless eyes... I won't ever forget those eyes... blank, devoid of colour or emotion, it was as if Talon was there but not there, like he was cursed to walk this Earth as a creature without life or death only emptiness. I approached him and for the very briefest of seconds I saw sorrow in his eyes. He turned to me and laid his head on the floor. He was asking me to kill him." Emil muttered the last sentence as if it was in itself representing the lifelessness of the once proud griffon in his tail.

"I had no choice, it was the most merciful thing to do, tears in my eyes I used a burst of ice magic directly to the brain to freeze it and kill Talon instantly, I felt horrible but I couldn't let a proud beast of such little hope live on like he did." Emil almost choked on those words.

"I killed him... I killed Tristans familiar Kenna, because he asked me to." Emil said solemnly.

"A familiar who has been bonded to their master for long enough... dies with them anyway."

Gregory and Adriel stood on the balcony of a single tower in the West of Tristein academy. It was approaching the dead of night now and the students were heading back from dinner, Gregory smiled as he saw one of them trail behind, he was only a first year, he could never defend himself.

"Now." Gregory muttered.

Adriel pulled back her bow, a tear in her eye and fired it, it hit the pupil in the back. He was so inocent and young, unlike the first more experienced student, this one became not a chaos behemoth but something much much worse. The boys purity was corupted and turned into a swarm of chaos creating a long thin streak through his body as his fleah bubbled and he screamed in pain. His body stretched and warped into a long red and black worm like creature, his spine shifting and forming spikes protruding all along his now long and bulging body, his eyes and nose sunk beneath his face and his teeth and mout grew into a massive gaping maw, and empty void nestling beyond his savage mouth and his teeth formed rows and span like a blenders blades and he became another beast of chaos, the chaos shredder.

All it took was one girls scream and the shredder buried itself into the ground and rose below her, swallowing her in one fell gulp.

Josh colapsed to his knees, his ruins glowing a bright red as the clock symbol on his hand moved in sync with the void clocks own hands and stopped at four O'Clock.

"Oh God no..." Emil muttered.

"You don't think..."

"It has to be." Josh butted in.

"Another student has been destroyed and changed into one of those monsters."

Josh stood up shaking his hand and the stinging pain away like it was nothing, he had no time for it and besides he was getting used to it.

"We have to do something.... now." Josh and Emil ran out the door, motioning Kenna to follow them. Josh could hear the screans of students below him.

He quickly banged on Kiroku, Miharus and Mikus door as he passed. They seemed to be arguing with a forth person as he barged in but he had no time to ask questions.

"Stop bickering and come downstairs, theres trouble again." With that Josh rushed out after Emil and Kenna.

When they arrived at the scene they were needless to say shocked. The worm-like creature was burrowing around at crazy like speeds and killing students indescriminantely. Josh felt a familiar (lol getit?) black glow form around him as he drew his blade.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
As to be expected, Cody was not received warmly. The lights flashing on did nothing for his headache, probably worsening it. He couldn't tell considering his head could not throb more than it already did. His ears began to ring with people hounding him with bold accusations, hard questions, and indirect threats. Suddenly, he did not feel very wanted. Blaming the headmaster was the only logical thing to do at this point, so he avoided eye contact and let the trio of newfound "friends" bicker amongst themselves while he vividly imagined himself beating the headmaster with a rusty pipe, as blood spewed from every part of his body painting the walls of his imagination a deep red. A sick smile of satisfaction stretched across his face. Sadly, one cannot live in their imagination so reality became all too imminent as he had to face the problem at had.

An awkward laugh came from the dark haired boy who was being overly affectionate with the girl he made out with. Cody decided to ignore them for the time being and rose from the ground, dusting off his orange prison jumpsuit. He stretched a bit and cracked his neck a few times with a few sighs of relief being unconsciously released. "Well then, while you two share a lovey-dovey moment, I may as well introduce myself. My name is Cody and yes I am the new familiar in the room. My old master vanished or something, so the headmaster arranged this new contract," Cody explained apathetically and a bit of disdain in his voice when the word "headmaster" left his tongue. "Oh, yes. The smart one, lonely looking one here got it right," Cody remarked pointing at Miharu. "Don't worry, I can kiss you too," Cody chuckled with a wink.

Cody began to transverse the room, inspecting things in a slightly more controlled manner than when he do so in the headmaster's office if only because the last time he broke about 5 different things including an old man's patience. Cody began fiddling with things, books, writing utensils, and so on muttering incoherent things to himself. The room didn't divulge any no discoveries to Cody, confirming things he already deduced from earlier. The room was a fair deal larger, so he wondered how many brown nosing activities the student in charge (he suspected it was the first girl to speak with him, not the victim of his sexual advances) had to perform to get these accommodations.

"So, mind if I ask a question? Why do you guys add those weird things to your names? Miku-san? Miku-chan?" Cody asked, mimicking everyone's respective voices as he said the names in an almost mocking tone. "It sounds weird…" He commented. Cody planted himself on a chair and kicked his feet onto a desk, relaxing for the first time in a while (OOC: I assume this room has such furniture).

"Oh, and 'Miku-Chan', I hope you have a plan for the familiar showcase that is coming up. I am sure the headmaster will expect me to participate. He and I have a greaaat relationship."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu raised an eyebrow. "We are Japoinese((is this right? XD)). I'm assuming that it is your version of Japanese."

Suddenly, Josh opened the door. "Stop bickering and come downstairs, there's trouble again," he stated before rushing out with Kenna and Emil. Miharu sighed, standing up.

"Does nobody know how to knock on a door now?" she mumbled. Miharu went towards the door and turned around. "You guys continue your arguing. I am sure that Josh-san, Emil-san, Kenna-san, and I can handle the turned student." She winked before rushing after the trio. When she finally caught up to them, a worm like creature was killing students left and right.

"Students who are stupidly still here," Miharu shouted over the noise and the panic, "Why do you not leave this to us?" With that, Miharu threw ice needles at the beast at the vital spots and although it seemed to cause it pain, it didn't seem to make any mortal blows. With a roar of rage, the worm like monster turned towards her and ran towards her. When it came close enough, Miharu flipped over the monster, shooting ice needles on the way. The back was covered with ice needles but it wasn't enough. She spied a student who was running away with a sword and flipped over to that student as the worm like monster turned towards Kenna and charged.

"Could I borrow that?" Miharu asked.

The student paused. "The sword?"

"The sword."

The student handed it over. "Do you know where...?"

"We are in the same potions class, I can give it to you then," Miharu promised.

The student nodded before running again.

Miharu tested the blade. Nice balance and it felt quite nice in her hand. Too bad she left her katana in the room. She was better with Katanas than with any other blade, aside from throwing knives. "I guess it is time for the party to start!"

The hall had cleared completely and it was only Josh, Emil, Kenna, and Miharu now. As well as the "monster".

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: I usually don't assign my characters with a certain nationality or skin tone if I can avoid it; just so those parts can be left to the reader's imagination. I like to make the reader work for me a little when I write/type. Kiroku's just a fan of Japanese culture; probably why he can't understand a whole lot of Japanese ;p)

"Sh-showcase?" Miku repeated, then gasped as she realized that, since she was now considered a mage, she might be forced to participate and do an act. Not on her watch. "N-n-no, I can't! I only just learned all this the night before it all; I couldn't imagine going up there to actually perform anything!"

"I doubt they will, too. If anything, they can't assume at all that you two formed a close bond in such short time," Kiroku agreed as he grabbed his weapon and Cody's wrist with different hands and pulled him along, "Not the time, though. We have to get down to the hall and help. You two might not be used to combat here, but it'll be a good learning experience." Miku nodded as Kiroku hurried them out of the room, closing the door behind them all, and headed for the great hall. Maybe Cody was trying to resist the boy's grip, but he'd find it difficult. After all, Kiroku knew as he ran down the hall, Miharu had entered combat recently. Cody could try, but he was pretty much stuck with the two as they ran down their way.

Kiroku proved to have a better experience this time around and managed to find his way with no errors. Arriving in the hall against crowds of people in panic, Kiroku managed to break through into the clearing and see Miharu, Josh, Kenna and Emil starting their assault on the beast; a worm creature this time. "Hey guys! We really have to stop meeting like this!!" Kiroku called out as he let go of Cody, and then he turned back to instruct the two, "Miku, you stay back and watch so you know how Cody operates. Just make sure you don't make yourself look like bait for that overgrown piece of bait over there. Cody, find something you can use as a weapon around here and then join me and the others. I'll be covering you, so no worries. My advice: keep searching until you find something. From personal experience, there's a whole buffet of weapons to pick from when you fight in this hall. Just pick your fancy and get going." Miku nodded as Kiroku ran off to join the battle. She herself decided to back away and observe from the overturned tables. She called to Cody as she did.

"Listen to Kiroku, and be nice to my friends!!" She unwillingly set the conditions for the disciplining measure of Cody's brand.

"I'm guessing the fish-creature rampaged around here while we were away. This guy doesn't look so afraid to test the waters!" Kiroku joked as he got close enough for the other four to hear him. He leaped at the new foe and slashed away at it with his weapon. He left a couple gashes on the upper sections of the body, but it didn't seem to be enough to make it do anything but turn its attention towards him. Lashing out in numerous fashions, the worm creature tried to strike the boy as he used his weapon to parry. Eventually, Kiroku back-flipped away and pointed the bladed edge of the weapon at the worm. Pressing the button, he launched the blade at the worm, but it managed to shy away and dodge it. Kiroku smirked as it did, though, because after it missed it got stuck in the wall nearby. Pressing the button again, the barbed chains pulled him off his feet. Gathering strength in his foot, he contorted his body so that he gave the beast a really hard kick to the head mid-swing as he passed by. It was also used to plant that leg on the wall to cushion the impact, pull the blade out of its spot, and contort himself back in-form on the ground.

"There's just something about kicking enemies in the head that makes me smile..." Kiroku said to himself, contemplating the three times he kicked all four of his victims in the head. This time was included.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
The worm like monster turned towards Kenna and charged. She watched as it got closer and closer. She put her hands up to protect herself but instead, fire flew from her palms and attacked the monster. While it was distracted, Kenna ran and stood behind Josh. She gave a quick sigh of relief and then she saw the beast charging at her friends.

Josh ran to go help and Kenna focused herself. She lifted her hands and took aim at the beast. Blasts of fire went crashing into it. The monster started to charge at her with anger. Kenna managed to dodge its blow by jumping to the side. She sent more fire flying towards the beast, she kept it going as long as she could but it was hard. She grew tired as she used up all of her magical energy. The fire started to fade and die down. Kenna held on with all of her will power but it was no use. Her magic died down and she fell to her knees in exhaustion.

She felt like she had been running for days on end and that all her energy had been taken away. She took long breaths and forced herself to stand up. The monster had back away from her and now it had seen that she was weak so it was charging at her again. Kenna walked as quickly as her body could take her to get to Josh but it was hard. Her body finally gave way, she was almost there but she fell to her knees once more. She turned her head slowly to look back the monster and she was relieved to see that it was no longer after her. She tried to shout for Josh but she could not find her voice.

She looked around and saw that the sun was shining through a window just in front of her, if she could make it there, she had a chance. Kenna dragged herself to the sun and then rested there. She instantly felt the heat of the sun flowing into her. She sat there, and watched the battle. The monster was going to be after soon but for now she was safe. She sighed in pleasure as she sun feeding her energy.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"Look freak I have no time for this..." Gandalfr core blazed around Josh as he drew his sword and charged at the best.

"So I have no time for this!" The beast swung its huge body back just in time to dodge.

It was much faster than the chaos behemoth and seemed to easily dodge his strikes. He was about to change tactics when he sensed danger coming to Kenna. Josh ran and stood before Kenna who was lying in the sun, his blade quickly blocked an obsidian arrow as Adriel landed from her perch in the West. Gregory landed beside her.

"Tsk, tsk... son believe me you're really better off without her, thats stupid mage is the only thing holding back your true power if you would just..." Gregory began.

"Shut up!" Josh said.

He shot his gun and Gregory seemed to move at lightning speed away from his sons bullet.

"Foolish boy." Joshs father muttered.

"I fear I must leave now but I leave you a gift with this pet of mine and..." Gregory was forced to block his sons blade.

"You're not leaving again Dad! Not without answering my questions." Josh cried.

Gregory launched Josh back like nothing.

"Im afraid thats not an option, I'll see you soon son." Gregory disappeared through a black portal, taking Adriel with you.

Gregorys voice rang in Joshs head.

"But aren't you forgetting someone?"

Josh turned to see the worm charging for Kenna and he quickly jumped in the way, the worms massive mouth barely held back by his sword.

His father, what were his motives?

Josh pushed the worm back and fired at him with his blades gun.

He didn't seem to actually want to kill him, just turn him into that void beast.

Josh picked up Kenna and placed her standing in the sun.

And how could his father use void magic?! That shouldn't have been possible... unless, perhaps his mother? His REAL mother?

Josh pushed the worm back towards the others with a charged blast of dark energy.

Who was Josh really? Who was his real mother? and more importantly... how did he get to Earth?

Emil was next to charge he opened his pocketwatch revealing his familiar, the two channeled a massive icicle and fired it at the beast it sliced it in half however as expected from a worm, one half died and the other just kept moving.

How was it possible? It wasn't, but could that mean that there was a way home? Did he even want to go home? So many questions but so few answers, his father had those answers, he needed to find them. He needed to find his father.

The headmaster arrived at the scene he fired a beam of combined elements which weakened the worm and suddenly a massive roar pierced the sky and a massive dragon of glistening green scales like emeralds landed, its claws were like refined scythes and its teeth the most deadly of daggers. Its wings were a leathery brown on the membrane. It had four magnificent horns protruding from its head like sharpened spikes and its eyes shone a suttle brown, similar spikes covered its tale. The dragon emenated an aura of regality.

"Now Emberdawn!" Prof. Awenston replied.

The massive dragon raised its massive claw and grapped the worm, from the dragons enclosed palm a massive spike shot out and impaled the worm straight down the middle. The dragon dropped the worms dead carcase and smiled.

"Finished." It muttered.

Emil gasped at the regal beat that stood before him, he had heard the legends that prof. Awenston had an extremely powerful familiar, but he never expected this.

What sat before him was one of the last remaining elder dragons on Earth.

Elder Dragon Emberdawn: The Elegant Impaler.

Awenston nodded and the elder dragon flew away to the skies.

"Im sure most of you may be shocked at how quickly that went, but I assure you I can explain everything, that creature was my familiar, and that beast was another corupted student, I understand this may be a little fast going for you, but now is the time to ask me any questions about what exactly is going on in regards to the recent happenings, I understand everything now. So ask away." The headmaster finished.

(Ok guys if it wasn't already apparent enough, this is the time to ask the prof if theres anything about the chaos heart, void magic, Joshs father, Adriel, the void clock etc. Simply get your character to ask the headmaster the question and he will explain it to the best of his ability. Obviously you can't ask something stupid like *What happens at the end?* because it has to make sense that your character would ask it, its both an RPing test and a way to make things more clear as I understand we've been moving quite fast recently.)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
"Listen to Kiroku, and be nice to my friends!!" Cody scoffed against the idea of actually receiving orders, but he shrugged his shoulders and took his companion's advice and looked for the "buffet" of weapons. He was irked at the whole being dragged by a child significantly smaller than him, wishing he wrestled the guy to the ground and went back the to room and sleep after demanding food from his master, but the idea of claiming free weapons seemed like an acceptable compromise.

If only he could get out of the jumpsuit. Oh well, that would be something he'd bring up earlier.

Cody hugged the whole for the time being, hoping to avoid fighting until he was properly equipped. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw the others dancing around avoiding attacks and retaliating the best they could. Impressive was an apt word to describe their determination and to be fair Cody would admit he wouldn't do much better. Giant worms was not a common resident of New York City after all. Thugs, police offers, sentient humanoids? Different story. Moving right along, Cody caught sight of what Kiroku was talking about and Cody's eyes sparkled with anticipation, his mouth drooled at the glory of this buffet. And he didn't need to pay 20 dollars to enter.

Cody flashed through the weapons, trying to practice some sort of haste. The sounds of battle were in the back of his mind, but still distracting enough that Cody knew he had to actually hurry up and join the fray.

"Sword? Too boring. Axe? Too clumsy. Whip? Too kinky. Knife? I'll take a few. Why doesn't anything resemble a baseball bat? Do they not play sports here? Oh right, they play that stupid broom game with the flying balls," Cody said face-palming himself. With an audible hum of concentration, Cody caught sight of a few interesting weapons. "Ah, these may work," Cody snickered grabbing a spiked mace. Grabbing two belts and a few sheaths, Cody snapped a belt across his waist, equipping a few knifes both for throwing purposes and as sidearms and then hooked another belt across his torso to equip a mace on his back. "Alrighty. I think I'm good!" The sounds of battle raised a bit and Cody had to rush, fixing his orange outfit as to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions when he actually fought. Then Cody turned around, only to grimace with disappointment. The fight…was over. He missed the exact details, though he could of sworn he heard a dragon roar or speak or something. This world was just getting crazier and it got a tiny bit harder to wrap his head around it. He would have to shrug it off and roll with it. After all, that is all he could do.

Cody jogged back to the group with his favorite headmaster proclaiming his ready to answer questions that anyone may have. Before Cody got ready to do that, he had to complain.

"Figures, I get ready to kill a monster and the headmaster shows up to steal my thunder," Cody whined with a sarcastic lick hoping to stir up a laugh. "Sorry I couldn't help you guys," Cody said towards his new master and roommates, ignoring the other two that he didn't recognize.

"Anyway, Prof. I am obviously late to the party. Mind explaining any details I need to know if I continue hangin' around these guys? Just fill in the important blanks. I don't need the whole story, after all."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu raised an eyebrow. The headmaster really did have a strong familiar, and it was legendary as well.

However, when the Headmaster asked if they had any questions, Miharu tilted her head slightly.

"May I state what I believe is going on?" questioned Miharu.

The headmaster nodded. "You'll probably get it wrong, but go ahead."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," Miharu muttered before closing her eyes. "Josh-san's father is working for the Chaos Heart. Why would Josh-san's father be able to use Chaos Magic? If he really was from Earth as he stated, then why would he have magic? There are two reasons that I can think of a connection between Josh-san's father and the Chaos Heart. One, Josh-san's father is related to the Chaos Heart. Two, Josh-san's father's wife is the Chaos Heart and by association, Josh-san is Chaos Heart's son. Either way, the three are intertwined somehow. Josh-san's father said that he was a familiar, but he is currently a mage; Adriel's mage. Also, may the record show that I was totally right about Adriel being with the "bad guys", albeit a reluctant one. So, either Chaos Heart summoned Josh-san's father or Josh-san's father summoned Chaos Heart, but either way, one of them came from Earth. Then, the Chaos Heart turned into the Chaos Heart. Josh-san, before Chaos Heart's sealing, was somehow sent back to Earth. Note that this is at best speculation and I do not have any evidence. Also, since I have no idea of Josh-san had a mother on Earth, Chaos Heart being Josh's mother could be totally and utterly wrong." Miharu opened her eyes. "Well?"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiorku sighed as the battle ended. Yup, he forgot to tell Cody the last bit of info he needed to know: it seemed like only the headmaster, Josh, or Kiroku himself could actually finish a battle for good. And any skirmish between the members of this group must always end in a tie; whether they hurt each other to the point of a draw, someone gets in the way, or when the enemy interrupts. It really added a bit of annoyance. Who wanted that kind of pressure? Either way, the boy walked over to the group crowding around the headmaster. Miku walked over at the same time.

"Germania," Miku stated, before asking, "Have you heard about anything that's going on in Germania?" Kiroku nodded as he heard the question. It'd be natural to wonder what was happening in her home country; especially after the king was slain. Now that she knew she was a mage, she might have had the idea to help restore order if the country was in chaos. Kiroku had the similar idea, only he was thinking more about the road ahead instead of the road behind.

"Elder Dragons," Kiroku stated for himself, then continued, "Now that Miku mentioned Germania, it reminded me of Scythe. Now that there's hindsight, it might be that there are some working with the Chaos Heart. How many more are left? How could we confront the ones against us in battle without poison?"

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna smiled at Josh and stood up. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him. She held him close and rested her on his chest. She took him all him.

"Well done." She whispered before she let go.

She walked slowly to the crowd that was surrounding the headmaster. She wanted to find out as much as she could about all of this. Miharu was talking when Kenna reached the group.

"... reluctant one. So, either Chaos Heart summoned Josh-san's father or Josh-san's father summoned Chaos Heart, but either way, one of them came from Earth. Then, the Chaos Heart turned into the Chaos Heart. Josh-san, before Chaos Heart's sealing, was somehow sent back to Earth. Note that this is at best speculation and I do not have any evidence. Also, since I have no idea of Josh-san had a mother on Earth, Chaos Heart being Josh's mother could be totally and utterly wrong, Well?"

The headmaster was about to answer when over people started to ask questions. Kenna just stood there and watched as the students talked over each other. Kenna turned back to Josh and smiled. The headmaster stayed quiet until everyone had finished talking.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
The professor stood in silent solitude listening to the barage of questions, he first turned to Kiroku.

"No I don't believe thats correct, from what I've heard Scythe had arrived searching to kill Adriel, the odds of any of the elder dragons cooperating with the chaos heart are very slim... they are solitary creatures besides, if one would work with them the probability of another would drop considerably, thus making them quite a bad choice as allies... unless of course all you ever require as one." The headmaster said, refering to his own familiar.

"However I fear thats not the only elder dragon you will have to face so stay alert."

The headmaster turned to Cody.

"You are new in all of this and I would rather not get you involved... so I won't answer your question, if you want some answers and to really let yourself get wrapped up in this, ask your new master."

The headmaster turned to Miku.

"Rumours have been spread that the king somehow survived your battle and is gathering an army, however he is using his general to do it, skulking from the shadows, his body now deformed and grotesque. However these remain rumours and the case could simply be the general is acting on his own, however either way it appears that your rescue mission has triggered war on Germania, or moreso Germanias kidnapping has triggered war on us." The proffesor sighed and turned to Miharu.

"Unfortunately Miharu you are right, the man from the story, the familiar of the chaos heart was Gregory Mist. He mustn't have been dead all those years ago, perhaps very near it but not dead, his will for his son must have kept him alive, a son waiting for him at home. When his mage became the chaos heart, she didn't die, however she did lose her life, meaning that Gregorys ruins faded but the love for his son was enough to stop him becoming a souless beast. He must have found a way to take Josh to Earth when he was little and raised him there." Awenston turned to Josh.

"Im sorry Josh but your real mother.... is the chaos heart." Awenston sighed.

"No..... thats not possible... you're lying!" Josh felt somehow frantic and was looking around at his friends with confusion and fear.

"Josh I..." Emil was lost for words.

"No....... NOOOOOOO!" Josh felt a strange power brew up inside him, a dark power. His nails grew into talons and his teeth grew into fangs and he screamed with a mighty gasp of air. Dark wings sprouted from his back. The kind of a dragon more than an angel.

Awenston fired a four element beam but it simply was absorbed into Joshs dark aura.

"The shock of the truth! Its trigered the void inside him!" Awenston cried.

"We have to find a way to stop him before he hurts someone."

"LIARS! LIARS! ITS NOT TRUE IT CAN'T BE!!!" Josh raged as a dark aura grew around him.

A bullet struck his arm and he turned to face its firer.

"When magic don't work... I improvise." Emil stood bravely, his pistol drawn and aimed towards Josh.

"I won't kill you Josh, but I have no problem kicking your ass till you calm down!"

Adriel and Gregory watched from the shadows...

"Its all too easy now Adriel... soon he will be complete..." Gregory muttered.

Adriel gulped, she remembered how friendly Josh had been, how he had helped and listened to her, Gregory never did that, he didn't even care about her. Bottom line, Josh was her friend, Gregory wasn't. Adriel sttod up.

"What are you doing you foolish girl, you'll get us caught!" Gregory shouted.

Adriel didn't even think she just ran forward.

Gregory just smiled to himself, this was all to be expected.

Emil was lauched into the wall again, no matter what he did he couldn't get through to Josh. Josh flew closer to him, hovering above him he lifted an orb of dark energy above his head he was about to plough it into Emil when.... POW an arrow flew into the ball of energy and caused it to explode. Adriel stood a few meters away, her green core glowing a vibrant emerald around her. Josh flew towards and she nimbly jumped out of the way.

Josh got bored of her and quickly turned flying towards another.

(OOC: I'll let whoever posts next be that "other" I mentioned :3)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
"You're ******* with me, right?" Miharu deapanned. Well, it seemed that her speculations were right (and what a time to be right it was!). However, apparently hearing the truth triggered the void magic inside of him and turned Josh into a dragon/human/person/thing. "Are you really being that dramatic? I mean, really, sure your mum is evil, but ****, no need to try to bloody kill us. And it is not like we can choose your parents or anything and to be honest, I would not give a crap if your mum was evil herself, er, but that does not change who you are. I mean, really, mate?"

However, it seemed that Josh could not hear her logic and in turn, attacked her instead. Miharu parried the blow with the borrowed sword with the dull edge. She continued parring the blows until she was able to spot an opening.

"I hope this works," she muttered, before grabbing a piece of paper and sticking it on Josh. The piece of paper held a seal that would capture the void magic. Well, with the right words. "悪はこの世界から姿を消すこと!ボイドの強度は、弱体化させる!封印!"

Translation: Evil be gone from this world! The strength of the void, weaken! Seal!

((OOC: If you allow it to work, which it should =P, then both Josh and Miharu will pass out. xD If needed, I can explain about the seal thing when Miharu wakes up.))

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
($&$#^*$^#*#^ I'm really disliking my luck with posting as of late; well, this post didn't happen... - w -)

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
(OOC: Urk, Im sorry but I can't allow that to work, Void magic is extremely powerful and the only thing really able to contain it is obsidian... thats why I made Adriel show up *points at bottom of post* So yeah I can't allow that soz :( )

Josh ripped the seal from his forehead. Miharu hadn't done enough research, in theory the spell "could" have worked but only if crafted from obsidian paper. However such an object was extremely rare so it was unlikely for even the headmaster to have some.

Josh simply sent a ball of void energy at Miharu and was about to shoot another when yet another arrow grazed his arm. Josh turned to see Adriel drawing her bow for a third.

"Get away from her Josh... right now."

Josh charged at Adriel and she jumped on him with an obsidian arrow in her hand. Josh strugled to throw the elf off but she refused to be knocked off. Josh fought savagely and Adriel was launched off his back finnaly. Adriel screamed as she plummeted to the ground but an icy arm caught her mid-fall. An ice golem held her and a few meters away Emil was sprawled on the floor, his pocket watch open.

Shiva dropped Adriel and she drew her bow again, a dark energy flowing around her.

"Vivamus pervenit in vacuum, et ignem hunc Pessulum obsidian sedandisque darkest ad hoc pueris corda! Nam, quamdiu superest ut potentia requiescet, et arcus meus spiritus natura libri vi voids per vestri pars autem mei vivunt, permittere potest remedium!" The arrow glowed a dark and sickly green as all of Adriel powers fused into a single bolt of energy.

Josh charged at his opponents and the arrow was launched. Its aim was truer than any truth that Josh may have heard. It struck his heart exactly and Josh let out a roar of pain as the obsidian tipped arrow shone with a dark red energy after being mixed with Joshs own aura. Joshs demonic features shrunk away and he fell.

Emil felt a new lease of life and he ran and caught Josh just barely before falling to his knees. Emils injuries were severe but he would live. He examined Josh and watched as the arrow dissappeared leaving a strange green seal in its place. Emil ran over and grabbed Adriel by the throat.

"You traitor! You were working against us the whole time! What have you done to him!? What?!" Emil clenched his arms tighter, however a swift strike from a cane sent him to his knees.

"Master Emil!" Awenston cried.

"This woman has just quelled the threat to our school! She deserves a chance to speak!"

"But Josh... he's..." Emil trailed off.

"He's not dead..." Adriel coughed while gasping for air once again.

"Then what?!" Emil asked.

"That seal... as long as it exists Joshs void magic will be contained for the most... he won't change into that beast any more..." Adriel sighed.

"Y...You saved him? For God sake you stupid elf whos side are you on?!" Emil shouted.

"Emil Landcroff! I will hear no such racism from you!" The princess stood in a fine dress as usual, however her long purple hair was missing its usual tiara.

"M...M'lady Hyacenth forgive me.... but this woman deserves nothing less! She betrayed us all and almost got us killed with that insane man!" Emil knelt as he spoke.

"Well then punishment is in order..." The princess stated.

Adriel gulped, she knew that she would be executed.

"However..." The princess began.

"Her actions here have proved that she has redeemed herself. So she shall not be executed. Instead she will be put in the dungeons and questioned until further action is taken."

"But your higness!...." Emil began.

"Thats is my word and its final sir Landcroff and it is final."

Emil grunted at the princess' words and turned his head in shame and annoyance.

"I will take her now, I'm sorry Patrick but it appears that I will not be able to attend the showcase." The princess sighed.

"Thats alright... I have posponed the showcase until this void bussiness is sorted out, in fact if I may ask, m'lady, I have a use for the elf, may I take her for a moment?" The prof asked.

"Why of course Patrick... but whatever for?" The princess asked with confusion.

"Follow me everyone, I have a new partner for you, someone who I believe can be of assistance, that is if our elf friends remedium is the power we need to awaken her." The professor turned his attention to Josh.

"You'd best take him with you, he needs a hospital right now..."

"No... its Ok..." Josh stood up,

"I feel funny but I've heard everything you've said, I should be able to walk."

"Then lets get going." Emil said.

The group arrived at the hospital wing.

"Master Daine..." The headmaster said.

"I believe I've found the perfect... solution to your problem." The headmaster nodded at Adriel.

"This is a familiar similar to yours in the fact it can use Remedium, it should be able to awaken her from her sleep." Adriel stepped forward and instantly knew what she had to do.

Josh watched in awe as she placed her hand on the young woman in the hospital beds forehead and a green glow surrounded her, all they could do now was wait.

Back