• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Corundum Palace~ [Hoenn Pokemon Fanclub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years

The Shining Emerald of the Sea!

yeah, lame joke i know

About

cL7wi.png
r0BnI.png
k1vfc.png

This club is for everyone who is interested and in love with Hoenn Pokémon. Do you have an obsession with a Hoenn Pokémon? Here's the place to go! Do you have a serious passion for something related to the Pokémon? Anything related to Pokémon #252-386 is a prime topic here~ so come on down, we're always welcoming new members!

Rules!

⚙ All PC and PoC rules apply. But you knew that already, right?
⚙ Stay on topic, post often, and have fun!
⚙ Only about the Pokémon...I wish it could be about everything Hoenn, but…we all know how THAT played out.

Sign-up

Name? droomph.
Where do you live? Route 112, in a cottage~
Who are your two friends? Obviously Grovyle and Nuzleaf :3
Answer the current topic!

The Pokémon!

avT9c.png
i00SU.png
bPrpe.png
t9cuu.png
Izb53.png
a7Mfa.png
ZdW9o.png
rZeWm.png
uZRcP.png
261.png
262.png
263.png
264.png
265.png
266.png
267.png
268.png
269.png
270.png
271.png
272.png
QpfHq.png
URzLu.png
MeJoR.png
276.png
277.png
278.png
279.png
7NwXy.png
s7sVM.png
s7sVM.png
283.png
284.png
smu69.png
pe3yA.png
287.png
288.png
289.png
290.png
291.png
292.png
293.png
294.png
295.png
296.png
297.png
298.png
299.png
300.png
301.png
302.png
303.png
304.png
305.png
306.png
307.png
308.png
309.png
310.png
311.png
312.png
313.png
314.png
315.png
316.png
317.png
318.png
319.png
320.png
321.png
322.png
323.png
xjdnU.png
95mrU.png
326.png
327.png
328.png
329.png
330.png
331.png
332.png
szG7A.png
JbAa9.png
335.png
336.png
337.png
338.png
339.png
340.png
341.png
342.png
343.png
344.png
345.png
346.png
UYRIw.png
BbRrK.png
349.png
350.png
351.png
352.png
353.png
354.png
355.png
356.png
ovti0.png
358.png
359.png
360.png
bsvlP.png
WY5Dy.png
363.png
364.png
365.png
366.png
367.png
368.png
369.png
370.png
LKFX1.png
CAPyh.png
km48S.png
374.png
375.png
376.png
377.png
378.png
379.png
EtktT.png
zV545.png
382.png
383.png
384.png
385.png
386.png

Citizens of our Hoenn~

droomph
lR3ne.png
iNoNN.png

Olli97
k1vfc.png
pOaKC.png

Rainbow Arcanine
lIV2I.png
qSnTX.png

NuOmicronMu
0ocTA.png
UnfNQ.png

simbion
0TKyU.png
QnFbp.png

Seraphimon-sama
7oa02.png
lUNeb.png

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
After replaying the Hoenn games a few months ago, I realised just how much I actually liked the games, and though I'm not all for the Pokemon, I still like them. So still gonna join this :D

Name: Olli97
Where do you live: Mosdeep City, without any Pokemon that knows Surf :(
Who are your two friends: Mudkip and Breloom, both are awesome and amazing in battle :D

Since there isn't any topic at the moment, I'm just gonna go ahead and start one:

The third generation Pokemon designs have often been subject to critcism, due to being of "lower quality" than the generation that came before. What is your opinion on the designs of the third generation Pokemon?

I gotta say, as I mentioned at the start of my post, I'm not much for their designs. I agree that the quality and concepts took a turn for the worse in the jump to the third generation, which is actually one of the reasons that I initially didn't like the third generation games. I've learned to live with it, and they're not bad per se, but compared to the older designs, they just appeared unoriginal, probably because it was kinda the same stuff that kept appearing, and the ones that were original just didn't feel that good. I must say, there are a lot of strong ones and a few ones I do really like the design of, but I feel like even the 5th generation, which has been heavily critized, brought forth better and more creative designs than the third generation. I mean, heck, even if a Pokemon based on ice cream is stupid and really doesn't belong, you can't help but admit that it is an original idea compared to a Pokemon like Whismur. I mean what even is it. I'm in no way saying I don't like the Pokemon, they just don't really live up to my expectations from what we've recieved in the four other regions and feel like it was a rather poor job done in this generation compared to all the others. I'm excited to hear what other people think though.

I'd also like it if there was a section in the post for sprites of the Hoenn Pokemon, just so that it'd be easier selecting partner Pokemon for those that are unsure :p And on the request of a friend of mine, could you change the text in the blue CSS box to a colour that is less likely to blend in with the background, since on certain styles, it appears completely unreadable :p

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
but...but...nuzleaf...and grovyle...

*sniff*

okay olli is it better?~

The third generation Pokemon designs have often been subject to critcism, due to being of "lower quality" than the generation that came before. What is your opinion on the designs of the third generation Pokemon?

I personally think the Pokémon are just decent as an average. Some Pokémon I reallly realllly realllllllllly reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy like (guess which~) but some I hate (or just somewhat disagree with, like that Whimsur line :p), but when you even it out, it's pretty much...meh :I I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I wouldn't say it's the best either.

that's how I look at it at least

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Name:Rainbow Arcanine
Where do you live?:You can find my treehouse in Fortree City,around the gym.
Who are your two friends?Swablu and Armaldos :3.SWAABLU :D.

I have to admit at first,some of the Pokemon's designs I thought were strange and dodgy or uncreative.Wurmple I'm pretty sure was based off the Weedle and Caterpie line from Gen I and I'd just apprecieate seeing some more unique designs.But then again every generation has their uncreative and then the amazing.

I loved certain designs like Swablu's as it was simple yet pretty creative.Fluffy clouds to support its wings and there wasn't too much overkill on detail.Pokemon are based off realistic creatures and objects though,although I would like to see improvement in designs like Numel and Cacnea since they seem a bit dodgy to me :|.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Name: NuOmicronMu
Where do you live?: The wonderfully peaceful Verdanturf Town
Who are your two friends?: Tropius and Torkoal

Since this was the first generation I ever played, I have my rose-tinted nostalgia-lenses aimed directly at many of the designs of these Pokemon. I will admit that there are some designs that I don't like (such as Medicham, Cradily and the Clamperl lines), but there are some that I enjoy, even though others don't (namely the Whismur line).

I can honestly understand why many people hate third generation Pokemon, with some of the less creative Pokemon (Swalot and Wurmple), and the trend of adding more and more legendaries (plus the over design of the patterns on the Weather Trio) that followed this generation, but I don't think that this generation was really like any other - a mixed bag of bad, good and mediocre.

droomph

weeb
Years
Welcome to the club, guys!

I feel that we can all agree on that Gen III wasn't so bad after all, huh? So what are some favorites and least favorites?

...sry for not replying irl lol

simbion

Mean Green Soup Alien
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Name? Simbion
Where do you live? in a waterproof house in Pacifidlog Town
Who are your two friends? The simply magnificent Salamence and the cute as a button Snorunt

well my fave's are earlier in the post but my least favorite would shroomish i really just didn't see the point in that pokemon

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
My favourites kinda lie in the starters of the generation. They're some of the ones I feel like have had a lot of thought put into them, but design wise and for the way they function in battle. Their designs may still be a little plain, although compared to some of the generation's other Pokemon, I feel like they're pretty good, and they're pretty much some of the strongest non-(pseudo-)legendary Pokemon in the games. This is the only region where I wouldn't ever consider getting rid of my starter for another Pokemon, just because I like them so much. It's not anything I'd be likely to do in any other generation, but the thought has crossed my mind in several others before. Treecko is probably my favourite out of the three, just because it's... so awesome. I can't really describe why, as honestly, I feel like it's gotten the most plain design out of the three, however I've always really liked that Pokemon.

As for my least favourite, I can't really say I have any. As I said, I feel like a lot of the Pokemon feel a bit uncreative and not really Pokemon-like, but I don't really dislike any of them to say, as none of them really are truly bad. I have no relation to any of them that'd make me dislike them, so none really.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name? Seraphimon-sama
Where do you live? Southern Island
Who are your two friends? Gardevoir and Latias, who else would I choose?!
After much consideration, I have realised that my opinion on the designs of the Gen 3 Pokemon is heavily biased, as most of my favourites come from Gen 3. Gardevoir, Latias, Blaziken, Mudkip, Rayquaza, Flygon, Shedinja, Skitty and Aggron are all awesome, and the other Gen 3 Pokemon are pretty good too in terms of design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back