• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome got his Torchic to the Pokemon Center after a "few" sidetracks. Jerome opened the door to the PokeCenter with a sigh of relief and let the Torchic walk in on his own. The Fire pokemon trotted in there like he owned the place and positioned himself in the middle of the PokeCenter and began to look around. However once Jerome was inside, he picked up the chick Pokemon, and then sat he down on the counter. "He needs healing but be careful," said Jerome as the Nurse reached to pick up the Torchic. The Torchic gave the Nurse a threatening stare, but she ignored it and quickly rubbed his head. She then picked up the Torchic, who looked ready to attack the nurse, and walked off to the back as if the Torchic was being a good little Pokemon. She returned a minute later and informed Jerome that it will be a few minutes so if he wanted to wait in the PokeCenter there was a waiting room, or he could go run some errands instead if he wanted to. Thanking the nurse Jerome left the PokeCenter to pick up some supplies and use some of the money he had just earned.

He was able to find the location of the local shop with ease due to the small size of the town and he started making his way to it. He was making a mental shopping list when a sudden movement caught his eye. Something had flown into the shop window from the roof above. Jerome stopped and stared long enough to see a boy emerge from the window with several Pokeballs in his hands.

Jerome frowned as he watched the boy leave. This kid had to be a thief since no normal person would have done that. Worse yet this punk looked to be some self glorifying show off, and likely victimized other for his own amusement. The thought of this made Jerome's blood boil and he headed off after the boy.

The kid moved swiftly through the trees, which made him easy to keep track off since he stuck out like a sore thumb. The kid also had to concentrate on his footing which meant his overall situational awareness had to be decreased, which combined with Jerome's skills of evasion and hiding learned from years surviving in the streets as a kid meant he could stay relatively undetected by the thief.

Following the kid into the forest Jerome watched as the kid stopped on a branch, and Jerome slowly and deliberately moved behind the cover of two large trees while crouching down to limit his profile. Jerome watched the boy like a predator would watch its prey. Waiting for the perfect chance to pounce, waiting to show this scum that justice isn't always so nice…

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest leapt across the clearing into the next treeline. He jumped to the ground and released Sasuke, Benedict, and Tank. "Alright guys, we're gonna do some serious training now. I have more pokeballs for catchin some friends. I kinda took them, but don't worry. I left the right amount of money on the counter...so yeah." He looked around, and he hadn't been looking that long when he saw a Lotad (Lotad from earlier) making a poor attempt hiding from the ninja-like boy across the way. Apparently he had a Surskit with him as well. He didn't want to make any trouble, but this one looked pretty mad. He might've done something to earn his respect! "Excuse me, can I battle you?" He called out.

(I fixed my oopsy. Apologies about the GM'ing a minute ago.)

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
(OOC: Yes, hereto, yes it is... )
There's not much to do, luckily, so, here's the stuff you asked for, Stingray :)

Jerome Kerenski - Encounters

As you journey across Route 102, you'll encounter a total of three Trainers, each of them with a single Pokemon, yet they are formidable opponents...

Spr_B2W2_Youngster.png
Spr_B2W2_Lass.png
Spr_DP_Aroma_Lady.png

In addition to this, you'll encounter the following Pokemon, with their movesets not being specified:

280.png
263.png
287.png

In case you decided to go to Route 103 before doing this, you'll encounter the following Trainers:

Spr_B2W2_Backers_M.png
Spr_DP_Bug_Catcher.png

You'll also encounter these Pokemon, without their movesets specified:

054.png
165.png

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome realized he was spotted when the boy looked at him. Well he was used to hiding in a city and its been a while so his skills were likely very rusty. On top of that, he was wearing a blue jacket that didn't exactly help him blend into the surrounding environment. In conclusion he should have gone for the direct approach from the get go, but the less direct approach was more appealing at the time. Doesn't matter now since he was spotted, it was now time to make sure the scum pays and the stolen goods are returned. Standing up to his full six foot height Jerome started walking toward the boy. At first he was silent as he just glared at the boy with an icy glare that showed how little compassion Jerome had for criminals. After walking several steps in silence, Jerome finally spoke in a cold hostile voice, "I saw what you did… you can drop the politeness. I hate leeches like you. Can't do an honest day's work so you steal what other's work, and by the looks of it causing pain to others is likely just a little game to you."

Jerome looked over the boy attire and scoffed, "You're worse than I thought… by the looks of it you don't even need to steal, you could have likely bought everything you ran off with." Cracking his knuckles to imply his intentions Jerome added, "You have two options at this point… first option: you take back all the stolen goods back to the shop then turn yourself in to the police. The second option is that I drag you back to the shop and return your stolen goods then the police can pick you up from the hospital afterwards." Despite not having a single Pokemon to fight with, Jerome didn't look one bit worried or uncertain that he could deliver on his threat. In fact, Jerome seemed to be completely dismissing Forrest's Pokemon by not even acknowledging their presence.

OOC Awesome thank you... after this encounter with Forrest and getting the Torchic I'll go on with the normal adventure stuff OOC

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
So, Becky began on her quest to find her next Pokemon. The Zigzagoons were cute but didn't interest her. Poochyenas were cool, but she didn't have a strong desire to catch one. She didn't have the patience to search for a Ralts, and she already had Water and Bug Types covered. That, of course, left only one option on this route: a Slakoth.

Finding one wouldn't be the issue, as they were abundant in number, but there was always the issue of Truant. Was it worth getting one if they spent half of the time slacking off? Once it's a Vigoroth that's one thing, but can she stand waiting until then? In the end, she decided that she'll use one as experience for Duster, and if inspiration struck, she would go ahead and catch it.

Duster was all for that idea. Really, anything involving him fighting was ideal, as he was more than eager to evolve. Being a cocoon was really cramping his style. When he was summoned for battle, he couldn't get out of his Poke Ball soon enough. Right in front of him, laid a Slakoth. It barely looked awake. Quite a pathetic sight, really.

"This'll be a piece of cake." Becky boasted. "Use Poison Sting." Duster did so eagerly, firing the poisonous needles at the Slakoth, who didn't even try to dodge the attack. However, it didn't seem affected at all by the attack. In fact, it just yawned it off, as it was bored at even the prospect of battling. How lame. A Pokemon with that kind of attitude would... never... ma..ke... i..t....

Before he knew it, Duster had drifted off into sleep. Turns out it wasn't just an ordinary yawn, but the attack Yawn. Becky sighed in annoyance. "Now I have to wait until he wakes up. I should have picked up some Awakenings." Fortunately, the Slakoth didn't seem to be taking advantage of the situation. It was just loafing around.

That luck didn't last long. Duster was still asleep when Slakoth finally decided to make the first strike. Slowly, but surely, it slashed at the sleeping Duster with a powerful Scratch. If there was anything impressive about this Pokemon, it's attacks had a powerful punch. The Cascoon immediately awoke from the impact of the attack. Fortunately, Duster had pretty decent defenses, but those wouldn't last him long if he kept getting hit.

"We can't let that keep happening, now can we? A Harden or two will show it who's boss." Duster agreed, and began to harden his outer shell. Slakoth just seemed to stare blankly at him. Was it even thinking of something in that brain, or was it just pure nothingness? Eventually, it began to stir. What attack would it use now?

Slakoth raised its arms high above it's head and began... clapping. Was that really it? That's how it chose to spend it's time? Some useless gesture? "Alright, now for some action." Becky grinned. "Poison Sting once more!" Duster agreed and began preparing the next attack. But, wait, what's this? He couldn't use Poison Sting. He couldn't even use Tackle if he wanted to. In fact, the only thing he could do was Harden.

On one hand, it wasn't too bad, since Slakoth only has physical attack moves naturally. On the other hand, if that was all he could do, there was no way he could weaken the Slakoth. It could still damage him, albeit not very much, eventually it would wear him down. Ooh, he had to hand it to the guy, or girl, he couldn't quite tell, they were a lot more clever than they let on before. Either that, or just lucky.

"Encore? So much for action. This one sure knows how to drag it on. Guess we'll just have to wait it out." And wait they did. As Duster was stuck in a loop of Hardening, the Slakoth was slowly, but surely, slashing away at his health. Becky was starting to wonder if the battle was worth it, but Duster didn't seem to think so. He was determined to beat this Pokemon, no matter how long it took. No one bests him.

After what felt like hours, it was only about five minutes, Duster finally was able to use Poison Sting again, and use it he did. He withered away at it's health just like it had done to him. Surprisingly enough, the Slakoth still didn't look much different than the start of the fight. It was hard to tell when to throw the Poke Ball. Yes, she had decided to catch it. It was too much time spent just for experience fodder.

Eventually, there was a visible change. It began shutting it's eyes and drifted off into sleep. Becky prayed that it was a sign, and not the Slakoth using Rest, because that would literally be the worst thing ever. She chucked the Poke Ball at the sleeping Pokemon, and crossed her fingers. The last thing she wanted was to waste any more time fighting this one.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
( i wanna use a kuribo card)

''how can catching a stupid pokemon like seedot be so challenging''
''there's gotta be someway i can make it happen? oh yeah! i can use powder snow to create a ramp!''

''ok walrashap use powder snow to crate a ramp, slide up it, and then use another powder snow to bring you crashing down on seedot''

i shall throw my last pokeball

chilacy threw the pokeball

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012

Elizabeth "Eli" Anderson, Geoff Bates, Isla Van Tricht & Lily Blackstar - Oldale Town

The four left the Pokémon Center talking to each other, Geoff unable to get over the sight of Brotad towering on top of Bandit and Vex only to topple all three over. He was still giggly about it. Isla was still embarrassed over hugging Eli even after their Pokémon were all taken care of, though Eli had gotten past it. The former started to think and fantasize, admittedly getting lost in her thoughts as the now four-person group took a look across Route 103.

What if someone saw me hugging him? Even for a rich girl troublemaker, that wasn't something the parents wanna see. He actually smells kind of nice for a boy. Oh, Arceus, what if he hugged back? I'd probably have died.

"You alright?" Eli asked her. Isla's cheeks were reddened again from the awkward train of thought that is her imagination, and the question snapped her back to normal.

"Yeah! I'm fine."

"Do you have a fever?" Geoff wondered. He almost put his hand to Isla's forehead to check, but she stopped him, insisting she was okay.

"Really, I'm not sick or anything."

"That's good," Eli finished. Isla was happier still; two good-looking guys were concerned for her well-being!

No! her thoughts interrupted. Bad Isla! She quickly got herself back on track when she found a Poliwag running about in a sort of panic. It was being chased by a small group of Zigzagoon as it tried to get back into the water, but the pack prevented the Pokémon's escape. "Hey! That little guy is in trouble!" Isla passed her gaze to and fro between Eli and Geoff waiting for one of the boys to play hero and save the wild Poliwag, but they both just smiled and stared at her. Her head felt light for a moment and she almost felt like she was floating, until a stream of water hit her in the face and snapped her back into reality. The Poliwag made it to the waters edge and was spraying its Water Gun everywhere in an attempt to repel its attackers. "Guess I have to take of this myself then," she said as she walked away from the boys and approached the wild Poliwag.

"Lets go Phoebe!" The ugly fish hit the water and immediatly rushed in for a Tackle. The Poliwag was ready however, and dodged it easily while countering with Bubble. Phoebe took the hits well, but failed to land a Tackle, "Try something else, Brine!", Isla commanded. The attack hit, but Poliwag seemed to absorb the hit. "...of course, Poliwag can sometimes absorb water attacks and HEAL itself...", Isla pouted, visibly embarrassed. "Tackle one more time Phoebe." The fish went in again, and again the Poliwag dodged, there must be a level gap. This time Poliwag took the opening to land a series of blows thanks to Doubleslap, its tail striking Phoebe over and over until the fish was no longer able to battle. Isla returned Phoebe to her pokeball. "Bandit and I will protect your honor, my lady." Geoff said with a smirk, Eli simply watched the events unfold, Isla hoped he was more focused on her rather than her skills as a trainer at the moment. Then again, she always hoped he was watching her.

Isla stopped Geoff with her hand on his shoulder, "This is my fight Geoff, I still have Brotad, but the notion was sweet so thank you. Now get out of my way." Geoff managed a small smile and held his hand to where hers had just touched, slowly slipping into his own world of infatuation. Seems Eli's Skitty isn't the only one with Cute Charm. Brotad landed in water after a flash of red light and the battle was back on. Poliwag swam in fast and led with a Doubleslap, a few blows got through before Brotad countered with a hard Tackle sending the Poliwag through the water. The pair of Pokemon each landed hits and both were growing tired from the battle, when all of a sudden Brotad used its tiny little feet and latched onto Poliwag's face. Isla shouted at her Pokemon in confusion while Eli and Geoff couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. "What are you doing? Stop messing around!" Isla squeaked, and at that moment Brotad lept off of the Poliwag, somehow back at nearly full strength. Isla flicked open her pokedex and checked her Lotad; Lotad's Moveset includes Tackle, Astonish, and Absorb. "You sneaky little bugger..." she replied with a grin as she reached for an empty pokeball and tossed it at the weakened Poliwag. The Pokemon vanished in a beam of red light as the ball began to shake.​

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Silas Orwell Charleston
Episode 1: Here I cometh, Master S!
---

The sun was shining brightly as Silas looked up from the small spot he had taken under a tree. Master S had dropped him off somewhere in a region called 'Hoenn', he knew that much. But where in the name of Arceus was he? Well, aside from the obvious answer 'In a forest'. Silas looked around while his light-grey hair gently flowed through the air as the young man moved his head. He caught a glimpse of some sort of town and deduced that he was in the middle of some settlement or something. Standing up from his spot under the tree – the lighting very much reminded him of his first meeting with Master S – Silas started to move through the forest until he came out of it. It was clear that this settlement wasn't big, if anything it was wide-spread. Long distances of green grass with a few lightly-colored houses dotted out among them in some places. However, there was one house in particular that caught the young man's interest a bit. It was big, white, and a few Pokémon could actually be seen running around it. Most of them were of species that Silas didn't recognize and he silently thanked Master S for giving him the opportunity to meet with so many new Pokémon.

He calmly walked up to the house, cautious to not scare the little critters playing tag around the corners of the building. Silas observed them with great interest before entering the house, thinking that there must be even more amazing Pokémon on the inside. However, he would be greatly disappointed to find that no Pokémon seemed to be in there. The only thing he could find was a bunch of people in lab-coats and glasses running around with heaps of paper in their arms. Just as Silas was about to leave, one of these people came up to him with an uneasy expression on his face.

"Hello!" He said.

"Um… Hello?" Silas responded quizzically.

"Do you need help with anything?" The man continued.

"No… Don't think so…" The young man responded with unease. What was this guy getting an exactly? "Why do you wonder?"

"Well you looked pretty helpless, so I thought that maybe you'd come here to receive your Pokémon?"

"Pokémon…?" Silas' lips crooked into a sly smile as he heard that word. So these guys gave out Pokémon to people for free? Time to put this to the test then! "Oh yes indeed! I am here for a Pokémon!"

"Really? That's terrific!" The man in glasses said enthusiastically. Silas just smiled, this seemed to be going perfect! "When Professor Birch left for a while, he put me in charge of this place! As you can see, it's going terrific!" The man happily pointed behind his back at a bunch of other people with glasses staring at huge fire that had begun to develop on the floor. Silas just looked at the man, he didn't notice any form of sarcasm in his voice, so he guessed that this man's definition of 'terrific' was this. Man, he did not want to see a situation this man would label as 'bad'. "I'll be back with your stuff in a jiffy!" He continued and ran off, quietly singing some kind of song.

After a short amount of time, the man returned with a bunch of items that Silas didn't quite recognize.
"This!" The man pointed at the first object, it was red and looked like a bigger version of a mobile phone flipped sideways, "Is a PokéDex. It's a high-tech encyclopedia, containing the information on various Pokémon. It's also really valuable, so be careful not to flaunt it around too much."

Silas stared in amazement at the object. Something that could show the information about any Pokémon in the blink of an eye? This had to be one of the most amazing things that Silas had ever seen! He almost drooled as the guy with the glasses handed him the device. The young man quickly but carefully put it in the pocket of the blue-and-black jeans that he was wearing today.

"This," the man pointed at a few more but smaller objects, some of them being PokéBalls. Silas made a slightly displeased face at the catching devices, however he said nothing. All of these objects were then loaded into a black backpack which was given to Silas.

"I assume that you don't have a backpack? Well, here's one on the house! Err, I mean lab…" He said. Silas just raised his eyebrow, where was that free Pokémon now? He had to get going! He wouldn't want Master S to wait, now would he? "Aaaaaannd here's your Pokémon!" The man said and handed Silas a PokéBall. The young man shone up as he looked at the sphere, wondering what could be inside it.

"Thank you." He said calmly and started to walk towards the door.

"Wait!" The man said. Silas turned around for a second. "If you meet Professor Birch, don't tell him about the fire in his lab, okay?"

"Sure."

As soon as he was outside of the lab, Silas pressed the button situated on the PokéBall's front. He saw with big eyes as the sphere opened to release his new friend in the form of… Nothing. Nothing came out. The damn ball was empty! Not even a speck of dust came out of it! For a moment, Silas thought about going back inside to complain to the man about this. However, after seeing the man's… display of abilities, he wasn't too sure how much of a help that would be. Instead he decided to catch his own Pokémon, his own friend that he could fight alongside so that he'd be able to meet Master S!

He quietly walked towards a small road that he spotted from the laboratory, thinking that it most likely led out of this boring little town. And soon enough, Silas found himself on a route that was bustling and full of life. He surveyed the area he was in, spotting many Pokémon he didn't recognize. He pointed the PokéDex at one of them, a small red-and-white caterpillar that was busy chewing on a leaf.

Wurmple, the Worm Pokémon. Usually targeted by Bird Pokémon, Wurmple defends itself by oozing out poison from the spikes on its head and rear and stabbing them towards the attacker. Their favorite food involves leaves and sap which they reach by peeling the bark off of trees.

Wow, that sure seemed like an amazing Pokémon, maybe Silas should try to befriend it? After a while of thinking, the grey-haired young man decided that he would befriend this Pokémon. So he quickly walked up to it in a – according to himself – non-threatening manner and raised his hand at the Bug-type.

"Hi there!" He said in a friendly tone. The Wurmple stopped munching on its leaf and looked up at the human standing before him. The caterpillar's eyes were intensely fixed on Silas, so intensely that they seemed to be able to burn human flesh. But Silas didn't mind, he looked at the Wurmple with a friendly smile on his lips, waiting for it to respond. And respond it did. But not in the fashion that Silas had preferred. The Wurmple's eyes assumed an angry glare and a thick, purple liquid started to ooze out of the spikes on its head and rear and it started to edge closer to the opposing human. Silas quickly became uncomfortable and started to move away from the bug, there was no point in getting stung for trying to be friendly.

He walked away from that particular spot, wiping the sweat off his forehead. He was relieved that he had gotten away without getting attacked by the Wurmple. Maybe he should look for another friend? Suddenly, a flock of bird-like Pokémon flew over him. Silas recognized them as Pidgey, a Pokémon who was quite common everywhere it seemed. Maybe they would like to be friends with him?

"Hello there!" He shouted at the Pidgeys, yet again in a friendly manner. The answer Silas got was pretty short; a splat of fecal-matter from the bird quickly hit his face. Luckily it wasn't much, but it was still pretty disgusting. Wiping off some of the vile substance with a napkin he found in his new backpack, Silas sighed. This search for a new partner didn't seem to go well; maybe he wasn't connecting with the Pokémon enough? As he started thinking about how to improve his "friendship-recruiting", Silas heard a loud call for help. The young man turned around (his hair glittering fabulously in the sun as he did so) and started following where the voice seemed to be coming from.

When Silas reached to where the voice was he saw a man with brown hair and knee-high shorts as well as a lab-coat being pressed up against a tree. Standing before him was a black dog-like creature with red-and-yellow eyes, glaring at the man. Silas discretely pointed his PokéDex at the creature to identify it.

Poochyena, the Bite Pokémon. Poochyena has a very keen sense of smell which they use to track down prey. They are known for being very tenacious, often chasing their prey until the prey gets exhausted. They are also known for biting everything that moves.

"Hence being the Bite Pokémon." Silas thought.

The PokéDex had read the information very clearly as well as very loudly, which caught the attention of both the man and the Poochyena. The man probably known as Birch seems relieved, while the Poochyena just seemed to have become even more agitated.

"Thank goodness someone's here to help!" The man with the lab-coat said. "I was going to give this Poochyena away to a trainer that wanted it, but so far, no one's has even taken it into consideration. So it eventually became sad and escaped, but as I tried to convince it to come back, it attacked…"

Silas stood quietly for a moment. Poor Poochyena, no one had even considered it as a partner or a friend? It must've really wanted to go on a journey, but since no one picked it… Man, that's gotta' tear you up on the inside.

"Well then, it's settled!" Silas exclaimed and dropped his backpack as well as folding up the arms of his shirt. "I'll make sure that you get to travel the region Poochyena! I'll be the one to have you as my friend! I'll be the one to share many exciting adventure with you!" He exclaimed once again while standing in what most people would call a 'fighting-stance'. The Poochyena just howled – seemingly unaffected by Silas' words – and leapt towards the boy. Silas just smiled and readied his fist, "If that's how you want it…" He said quietly.

"THEN COME AT ME!" Silas' shout was quickly followed by a punch to the Pokémon's face. The Poochyena whimpered a bit as the human's fist connected with it. The Dark-type flew back a few feet from the impact, but quickly got up again. For a moment it seemed to catch its breath before letting out an agitated howl. It even seemed like the little dog-like creature became a bit more buff from that. It howled again and threw itself toward Silas. The young man just smiled and started running towards the Pokémon. As he came close enough, Silas tried to elbow the Poochyena right in the face. However, the Dark-type was a bit faster and thus managed to avoid the human's elbow. Instead, it bit down on the male's exposed arm. Silas cringed, the fangs of the little dog didn't bury deep into is flesh, but they still managed to make him bleed as well as hurt like hell. He quickly grabbed ahold of the Dark-type's head and started to tickle its nose. The Poochyena tried to not get overcome by the urge to sneeze, but eventually he had to let go. Silas smiled again as he tackled the dog hard so that it flew another few feet away from him.

Now the Poochyena was angry, really angry. It slowly opened its mouth as something orange seemed to form in it. Silas watched with astonishment as the Dark-type shot out a small pillar of fire towards him. Barely jumping out of the way, Silas started to slowly encircle the Poochyena. He checked the PokéDex to see what that move was.

Incernate, a Fire-type move. If the target of this move holds a berry, the berry will immediately get burned to a crisp. Poochyena is not compatible with this move in any way.

"What? But how can it then use it?" Silas asked.

"I'm not actually sure myself," the man said, "I think he was bred in some special sort of way."

"Interesting…" Silas smiled.

The Poochyena gave off a proud look before attacking again. Its yellow eyes gleamed as it came closer and closer to Silas. Silas himself just smiled on and started running towards the Poochyena again. They both jumped towards each other at the same time, resulting in some sort of awkward hug that the Dark-type had not expected.

"Please… I know that you've had it rough. But why not come with me instead? Together, we shall embark on journey far beyond any of our wildest dreams! So please, just come with me as your partner Poochyena…" Silas said softly. He took out the PokéBall where the Dark-type should've been and gently tapped the little dog with it.

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara sat there for hours staring at the ball, "How do I know if the thing is caught!" She yelled infuriated. She heard a man laugh behind her. "Who's there?!" She popped up and was ready to fight.

"You know if you've caught a pokemon if you hear a click, though normally if its in its ball for an entire hour you should know you have it." The man in a lab coat laughed again. "I'm surprised you caught the pokemon using your own strength, most people use other pokemon like they are supposed to." He took a second look at Sara, "Are you Sara Lain?"

"Why yes I am, are you a doctor?" Sara hadn't seen a scientist before nor a doctor but she assumed that a fifty/fifty chance was just as good.

The man laughed again, "No I'm the Professor here, Birch" He pulled out a field bag, "I expected to meet you in my lab formally but after you were so late I decided you wouldn't come. Then I noticed your little pokemon troubles and watched. I've got to say you are persistent, especially for such a common pokemon." He rummaged through his pack and handed Sara a pokedex, "I need you to fill that with information, can you do that?" Sara nodded. He handed her five pokeballs, "You know how these work now so I don't need to say much about them, I had more but there were a lot of adventurers like you and we started to run out.". He handed her three potions, and told her to release her Zigzagoon, he took a fourth potion out, at first the Zigzagoon was a little nervous, but he calmed it down with some oran berries "To use potions, simply spray it directly where the damage is. Okay?" Sara nodded again. "That should be all you need, I don't want you ever directly engaging pokemon like that again okay? It is the improper way and is a good way to get yourself hurt. Pokemon are much more resilient than humans are."

"Yes sir, I promise I won't directly fight any wild pokemon." Sara was reasonable and knew that it was a fair promise, not to mention she thought she was stronger than any pokemon and could easily hurt them by accident. "So can I go?"

"Do you have a cellphone by any chance?"

"Not really, I've never had technology other than to cook." She smiled at that, she was a terrible cook and could barely work the stove.

"Well when you get to Rustboro try to pick one up, Devon Corp. will give you one if you say I sent you."

"Thank you sir, I will do my best to catch, train, and get as much info on pokemon as possible!" Then before another word from Birch could be said, she had ran off with Zigzagoon on her trail.

She stopped at Oldale town to pick up some more supplies, she looked down at the Zigzagoon who was still following her, "What should I call you?" the little pokemon seemed to want something so she pulled out an oran berry and tossed it to him, "Hm, I was told these berries are called Oran Berries, so how about Orrie?" She like the sound of it cause it reminded her about her hometown and the goal she set for herself, "Well my name is Sara and you are my first, thus best pokemon!" She walked into the store and bought as many oran berries as she could, along with another five pokeballs.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
I ~ Tachibana Mei

"Whew! I think that's the last of everything I think I'll ever need." A young teenaged woman said, her voice peppy and with high spirit. She had packed a used backpack of hers—which was a one-strap, the color of pitch black—with useful items; a flashlight, a few changes of clothes she could afford, womanly utensils, an extra pair of half gloves, her wallet with leftover funds of around two-thousand yen, and food bowls. "I'll have to buy food along the way around trip, but thanks to the nice people living in Oldale, I don't have to eat scraps again." After she finished packing, the young woman closed the flap of the bag, snapping the hooks together and placing said bag around her head and onto her left shoulder. She adjusted the straps until they were comfortable, smiling comfortably when it was done.

"Great! Now that I have everything that I need, I better get going to Littleroot Town. It's not too far; just a simple walk down Route 101. Today's perfect to finally start my journey. Hopefully my tracking skills can be of good use while I'm at it…"

The cheerful female finally left a room she apparently had been borrowing, which was inside the Pokémon Center of Oldale. As soon as she came headed downstairs after closing her rented room's door, a pink-haired woman with bright, blue eyes, draped in a pink dress, a white apron and matching nurse hat, stared at her in wonder, however, already knew why before even thinking of it. "Are you leaving today, Miss Mei?" The nurse called over from her counter, smiling as bright as the sunlight. Labeled by name, Mei turned her attention towards the medic, still grinning as before.

"Yes ma'am, Nurse Joy." Mei replied, bowing lightly in politeness. "I'm probably all types of late anyway. I don't want to be left out and get nothing from this Professor Birch."

"I see," Nurse Joy, as she was called, said. "Don't worry. Knowing Professor Birch, he'll have something for you. Just trust him and yourself, all right?"

"Right…" the young woman responded, nodding. "I'll be off then. You'll probably see me coming around here pretty often after, so I suppose I'll say 'See you later!', haha!"

"Of course! You're always welcome back, too!" The pinkette giggled lightly, her Chansey stepping to her side and smiled.

"Great! Well, then, I'll be off now. Wish me luck! Good-bye, and thanks for looking out for me." Mei said while waving to the two, pink-colored females.

"Good-bye! And good luck, Mei!" Joy called out after, watching the woman leave her Pokémon Center. Chansey waved as well, being as gleeful as her human partner.

Mei, as her name is Tachibana Mei, is a young woman in her early adulthood. She is eighteen years old, hailing from the outer Kanto region, the Sevii Islands, particularly, the Chrono Island. She stands 5'5" in height, having dark, auburn-orange hair which is currently braided. Seeing as her mood is peppery and jittery, she is adorned in a one-piece apricot-peach colored suit with black straps, with green skorts with a black hem, long, brown half gloves, black colored leggings, a belt around her left thigh, and brown colored cotton shoes to strengthen her attitude. Her skin was a tannish color, and her eyes were as pristine blue as a clear river. If one looked close enough, she would be able to blend in with the trees and shrubbery. That was her true intent, just in case she needed to search for more Pokémon later when she acquired her first one.

That is, if she would ever get her first one…

The orangette quickly paced herself, coming to a light jog, scraping around Oldale Town to meet the aforementioned Route 101 she would need to trek. She nearly bumped into oncoming passersby, apologizing for her erratic behavior and almost running into them. The excitement of finally getting a partner Pokémon after these long years of her life was joyous feeling that pumped the rush of adrenaline. In other words, she was extremely anxious that she was carelessly running amok to reach her destination: Littleroot Town.

Route 101

"At this rate, I'll probably never get one!" Mei half raged, pouting even. Her anxiety was getting the best of her; all she thought was getting to a Pokémon, however felt she would be too late and would have to wait another year or so. "And if that happens, Naa-chan might be upset…" She sighed, continuing down the grassy pathway to the next town. The grass was quite thick, tall and scratching against her protected legs. Man, was she thankful she had put on those leggings today. That would have been an annoying scratch to itch.

Along the way, Mei looked around the route, noticing its quaint feeling, and taking a few moments to calm herself. The scenery was just beautiful; trees stretching taller than her, branching out to form more branches to hold everything together. Their bark was rough, bitter, and tough; it looked like it could take a few punches from even a Rhydon without snapping in half. Nestled in trees were these odd, small looking blue birds, obviously Pokémon that didn't want to be disturbed. Upon the ground were worm-like Pokémon that looked like pink colored Caterpie if one wasn't too careful. There were other creatures that had passed by Mei's sight, though she hadn't been paying attention as her focus tuned out the chirpy, background noises. It hadn't been too long, possibly around seven or ten minutes, that she had been walking, now approaching the entrance of Littleroot Town.

Well, she was within walking distance of the town, that is. Finally!

"I guess I don't mess around when I'm not paying attention to where I'm going or something…" Mei told herself, almost proudly. Almost. "I better zone in rather than zoning out. But here I am. Finally! That Birch should have some Pokémon leftover. I better get my knickers rollin' or else I'll get absolutely nothing." The orange-haired teenager quickly adjusted her walking-jogging pace, accelerating just a tiny bit, just in case there were townspeople floating around and she missed them. The ninja-appearing female definitely didn't want to run into anyone unintentionally, either, unlike in Oldale Town. Unfortunately for the Kanto-native, there were a few townsfolk around, and she nearly knocked down a poor little boy with blue hair, glasses, a blue shirt and brown shorts.

"Hey! Watch it!" The kid snapped. "I may be little, but you should watch where you're going!"

"Oh, gee, I'm sorry kiddo. I really didn't see you there." Mei chuckled nervously. The short kid huffed, ignoring her claim and half stormed off. This more or less caused the half albino to scratch her and tilt her head in utter confusion. What a weird kid… Mei thought silently to herself, staring wide eyed in the direction he went off to for a few seconds. "Hmm, now what was I going to do? … … Oh right! To find this… Professor Birch! But where the heck do I start? I don't even know what the guy looks like."

"Professor Birch?" A kindly voice started, which Mei picked up with her selective acute hearing, turning halfway to meet eye to eye, another young woman—probably a year or so older than she was—approaching her with a gentle smile carved onto her features. She had shoulder length brown hair, matching eyes, a pink shirt and a green skirt on, completed with brown shoes. She also smelled like roses, which Mei assumed she was a gardener or something of that nature.

"Yes, I'm looking for Professor Birch. Is he anywhere around here? Or, uh, does he live here?"

The woman nodded quaintly. "Yes, he does." She then turned and pointed to a rather tall, white colored building in the leftmost direction. "See that lab over there? That's where he usually is. Something was going on over there a long while ago, like a fire, but it seems to have died down."

"I-I see. That's terrible. Well, thank you, ma'am." Mei said her thanks, bowing lightly to the rose-scented lady before taking her leave. Wow, today was becoming weirder, or so it seemed to appear that way. Not to mention, when she first came to this region, she was such an annoying noob; her and Naa-chan were utterly lost, however that was the point. Both stayed with one another until Mei found a safe place to stay for awhile. Thoughts were riling up in Mei's mind, most of them traveled to the wondering of her nanny Zoroark. She never knew what region she originated from, other than this "Ransei" place. Of course, that was where her mother came from, so perhaps her nanny was born there, too. Ah, Naa-chan, I hope you're doing okay… Mei worried thoughtfully as she was soon approaching the white building pointed out to her earlier. This was it.

"I hope I don't screw this up…"

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Becky Banks - Attempt at Catching a Slakoth

After a /s l o w/ encounter with a Slakoth, the creature was sealed inside of the capsule, which began rocking around the floor... The last thing Becky wants is wasting any more time with this Pokemon...

CONGRATULATIONS! SLAKOTH WAS CAUGHT!
287.png

Lv.7
Truant
Scratch
Rest​

Chillacy Seath - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

Once again, another Pokeball was thrown, and Seedot was sealed, yet this time it decided to stop fighting any longer, and didn't fought its way out of the Pokeball, knowing that if it did, there would only be more ice attacks...

SEEDOT WAS CAUGHT!
273.png

Lv.3
Early Bird
Bide
Tackle​

Isla Van Tricht - Attempt at Catching a Poliwag

After sealing the tadpole inside, the Pokeball went flying back to the ground close to Isla, where it began to shake, once, twice... Oh no! This Poliwag refuses to surrender so easily, thus it broke free from the Pokeball. It's health is low, however, which means that it'll be possibly caught if another Pokeball is thrown...

060.png

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest was surprised when a boy came out at him. "You're worse than I thought… by the looks of it you don't even need to steal, you could have likely bought everything you ran off with. You have two options at this point… first option: you take back all the stolen goods back to the shop then turn yourself in to the police. The second option is that I drag you back to the shop and return your stolen goods then the police can pick you up from the hospital afterwards."

He stuttered...the guy must've seen him take the pokeballs. He called out to him. "I payed for them. Why the hell would I steal?" He was a bit intimidated when the boy cracked his knuckles. "What's wrong with making a purchase on the go? I was in a hurry, and I still kinda am. Do you have a problem with that?" He was pretty upset that he had the audacity to approach him, but if need be, he would take to the trees. He returned everyone but Sasuke. He might need him if things went wrong.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Continuing his harsh glare Jerome said, "What I have a problem with are spineless thieves who just take whatever they want." Jerome was almost in Forrest's face by now and he glared down at the younger kid. The monkey boy's body language said he was afraid and by the look of him he would prefer fleeing over fighting. After a short pause Jerome added in a lighter tone of voice that made him sound curious and thoughtful about Forrest's response, "So you're in such a hurry that you jump through the window, take just enough time to grab a few things then jump out of the window, correct?... However you're clearly not too busy to challenge someone to battle with Pokemon? Something about your story just doesn't add up. Do you really think I would believe something like that?" Jerome paused for a second then added in a calm yet threatening voice, "So choose… option A or option B. "I'm in a hurry" so I don't have time for you to stand there stalling."

Jerome was in arms length of the kid now, and his arms were tense and ready to dart forward at any sign of resistance. If the kid tried to run he could quickly grab his shirt or throat, and if he tried to fight Jerome could quickly jab him in the face or block the kid's attack from hitting Jerome's face. The kid did have one Pokemon out but it was small and likely weak… shouldn't be too much trouble to deal with.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest gave a sigh of irritation. "Listen, I payed for the pokeballs. I left the money right where I got them. Please, understand that." He could tell the guy meant buisness by his stance. He gave Sasuke a sideways glance and nodded. This guy was an immediate threat. He had to make him see that he was innocent because he definitley couldn't overpower him in a fight, and Sasuke wasn't as powerful as he'd like. Forrest didn't know what to do...Jerome was a big problem. "Listen, I'll personally go pay an extra thousand. You can watch me if it would make you feel better. Honestly." People like this ticked him off. He couldn't be a ninja if people kept looking down on him like a petty thief. Honestly, it's part of the reason he was a loner.

Khawill

<3
Years
"Okay Orrie so from what I can gather, all you can do is tackle things and chase them down, that isn't very helpful." She gave him an Oran berry, "Can you do any tricks?" She held another berry above his face, "Sit!" Orrie didn't do anything except try to eat the berry, "I guess not." she sighed. "Well, those attacks are good as long as we get you stronger, we should train hard for today! If you do, I'll give you more berries!" Orrie perked up and they ran off North toward Route 103.

"Lets practice your tackle on me, lets see how much power you have." Sara braced herself, "Come at me with the strongest tackle you have, if you can knock me over you can have a berry." Orrie charged at her as fast as it could, but the attack was very weak and Sara didn't even flinch, "That was weak, try again, use tackle!" This time Orrie ran even faster, hitting her with much more force, but it still didn't satisfy Sara. This time she saw what he was doing wrong, "Speed is nice and all but it isn't the only thing that will make that tackle stronger." She crouched into stance next to Orrie, "Dig in your paws like I have my feet, and push off the dirt to start off your sprint." She demonstrated, "Then when you get to the opponent try to put as much power in your run right before you hit the enemy." She demonstrated by tackling a tree, making a few leaves fall and shaking the entire thing. She cringed because she hit the tree pretty hard but rubbed her shoulder and turned around, "Now you try." this time Orrie copied her, producing a much stronger tackle but not nearly good enough, he tried this several times until he got it perfect. "So you've got the technique down, but you still aren't physically powerful enough to cause much damage." She gave him a berry for the stance and got back into stance. "Now just get stronger!"

They practiced for hours, eventually Sara couldn't accurately tell whether Orrie was hurting her because her arms had numbed out. She put her arms down, "Okay if you can bring me down with a direct hit to my chest you will get five oran berries." Orrie didn't even have to pause to start his tackle, in one fluid motion he struck Sara, and knocked her over with a thud as she hit the ground. "Wow that was great! Now I can trust you to fight in my place!" She gave him five oran berries as promised. "Let's go find a pokemon to fight, there's no practice like the real thing!" They began walking to the water and Sara spotted a Polywag, she crouched down and looked at Orrie, "you see that blue pokemon, I want you to use tackle on it as hard as you can. Lets see if you can get off a good hit." Orrie got in stance, this time taking its time and charged at a light run then right before he hit the Polywag sprinted, catching it by surprise and knocking it over.

The polywag stood up, seemingly injured. It attacked with a water gun, sending Orrie back. Right before he ran into a tree Orrie caught his footing and took the rest of the attack with full force. As soon as it was over he growled and began to tackle again, this time not attempting to ready himself. The polywag used water gun again, slowing down Orrie and stopping him again but this time he had his footing. "Good job Orrie!" As soon as the jet of water stopped he went back into a run, putting a lot of power into his next tackle as possible, getting another direct hit on polywag. This time the polywag got up and attempted to flee, "Orrie chase him down with pursuit!" This attack had a certain amount of energy that Orrie's tackle did not and landed a direct hit on polywag. "Good job Orrie!" The polywag was injured and couldn't move out of fear of getting attacked again, Sara walked up to it and remember what Birch gave her, potions. "Orrie come here," she picked up the fear stricken polywag, "hey there little guy, I can't leave you out here in pain like this." She pulled out a potion and sprayed where the polywag was injured she also used the little amount that was left to heal Orrie, "I'll probably regret using this on a wild pokemon later but I'd rather not have bad karma this early." Suddenly she remembered that she also had pokeballs, "It isn't a waste if I catch you!" She pulled out a pokeball, set the polywag on the ground and tapped the pokeballs button to it's head then backed up.

"I hope I did that right." She waited patiently for the result, giving Orrie a bowl of oran berries while she took some for herself...

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
"Maybe the store owner will be forgiving once he has his money," said Jerome motioning for the boy to walk back toward the town. Jerome continued the assumption Forrest was lying since he hadn't shown any proof to back up his "wild" story. Jerome was going to follow right behind the boy to make sure he went to the shop, paid the poor shop owner, and then turn himself into the police. Despite the boy's apparent cooperation Jerome did not let down his threatening posture since he was sure the boy would make a run for it once he got a chance. Too bad for Forrest, Jerome was never going to give him that chance. "Well I thought you were in a hurry? Let's get going," added Jerome with a satisfied smirk.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest walked quickly to the store, making sure that Jerome was behind him. When he arrived, he approached the shop keeper and made sure that Jerome was watching. "Excuse me sir, did you not find a thousand pokedollars back there?"

The man nodded. "Five pokeballs were missing. I assume somebody was in a hurry."

"Ah. Apologies. That was me. I'm going to pay again to make sure you get the hard earned money you deserve." He forked over another one thousand pokedollars. Now because of Jerome, his wallet felt a good deal lighter. He approached the boy again. "There, you heard it. Are you satisfied?" The bigger boy was starting to anger him...almost as much as that Seedot...

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
The store owner looked over the money and then said, "Well you already paid once there is no need to pay again." The store owner then offered Forrest back the extra money he had given him. Jerome raised an eyebrow at this and looked down at the angry boy he had falsely accused of a crime.

"So I was wrong about you… sorry for the inconvenience. I have no idea why you acted like you did, but perhaps this is a valuable lesson for you kid. Perception is important, acting like some sort of… well I don't even know what you were acting like, but acting like that is going to give people the wrong impression of you and get you lots of attention that you might not like," said Jerome in almost the same calm voice he has used before, just lacking the hostility. This kid's actions confused Jerome, but perhaps he just hadn't exposed himself to whatever culture this boy was from.

Jerome then walked past the boy as if nothing had happened and started browsing the shop. He grabbed various non perishable foods, and some repel before spotting the trainer supplies starting a few shelves over. At first he tried to ignore them, but after five minutes he walked over to the Pokemon care section. A huge frown appeared on his face as he stared at the line of potions, antidotes, and other such trainer aids knowing he should get some so he could take better care of his Torchic. "Thanks a lot Birch," muttered Jerome as he started picking up three potions, two antidotes, a burn heal, a paralysis heal, an ice heal, and some Pokemon food. He then started his trek to the cash register in the manner than made him look defeated. Putting all the items on the counter Jerome watched the shop owner ring up all the items. Watching the prices add up on the unwanted trainer items made his heart sink with every Pokedollar he had to spend on Pokemon care items. Finally the torture of watching the total increase stopped and Jerome was allowed to pay.

Walking out the door Jerome paused and looked down at his wallet… he had 33 Poke dollars to his name. Shaking his head he slowly walked toward the PokeCenter with a look of disappoint on his face, once again he barely had any money to his name, and worse yet he wasn't able to spend the money he had on things he really wanted. He could have bought no trainer supplies true, but he was entrusted with this Torchic's life and he felt obligated to do the best he could. Perhaps he'll one day enjoy this "training" thing, but for now all he could think about was the stuff he wanted to buy with that money.

Walking into the PokeCenter Jerome was instantly met by a hostile looking nurse with her right "ring" of pink hair almost completely gone. The little "pig tail" that was left looked burnt on the end, and besides that her clothes had small burns and scratch marks on them. Glaring at Jerome she pointed to the back without saying a word. Her hostile look felt like it was burning through his skull as, Jerome walked over to the counter then hopped over it. He escaped the nurse's glare after going through a door located behind the desk that led to the area usually reserved from medical staff only. He walked down the hall with patient rooms on either side until he found his Torchic. The fire chick Pokemon was sleeping on the little bed peacefully when Jerome opened the door.

Staring at the little demon Jerome pulled out the chick's Pokeball and recalled the Pokemon while it slept. Jerome knew his Pokemon didn't like its Pokeball, but he didn't feel like dealing with the Torchic's attitude. Walking out the door with the Pokeball in hand the nurse said to Jerome in a straight to the point voice, "That Torchic is not allowed back here ever again. If I ever see him inside this building you too will be banned from this PokeCenter."

Jerome replied in a solemn voice, "Yes ma'am… I'm sorry."

The nurse replied in a short tone of voice, "Good." Jerome then walked out of the PokeCenter with everyone staring at him. Jerome shook his head and thought, 'It was suppose to be a good day with getting a pay check and all. So much for that… o well I'm getting out of this town, I honestly don't feel welcome here anymore.' He then headed off toward route 102 slowly. He had no enthusiasm in his step and he meandered across the town and toward his next "adventure."

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest was steaming. Jerome had approached him and accused him of a crime he never comitted. Damned jerk. He listened to the 'sermon', and accepted the money back from the clerk. "Thank you sir. I'm sorry for the inconvienience." He walked outside and saw Sasuke waiting. "Let's go get that Lotad, buddy."

They walked into the forest exactly where he was standing earlier. He saw the Lotad and silently praised Arceus. Forrest returned Sasuke and sent out Tank and Benedict. He wasn't taking chances at failing again. "GO, Tackle!" He barked the command at his pair of Pokemon. They charged the Lotad with the force of a charging elephant. The Lotad didn't know what was coming.

Years

Elizabeth "Eli" Anderson, Geoff Bates, Isla Van Tricht & Lily Blackstar - Oldale Town
Eli:
D1RXr.png
3htUK.png

While Geoff was falling in love (again), Eli, Isla, and Lily were watching in anticipation of the Pokéball's optimistic beep only to become disappointed by the Poliwag's escape.

"You'll get it next time, Isla; try again," Eli encouraged. Almost instantly Isla had a renewed vigor, readying another Pokéball as she ordered Brotad to sap some more of the Poliwag's health. Before the Lotad could get its attack in, Poliwag had started slapping away at his face with another Doubleslap. It was still funny, seeing the fan-like tail whip at Brotad, but it got him off. Poor thing landed in the water upside-down, taking a divebomb from Poliwag before it was flipped back over.

"Duck. Duck. Duck." There was something starting to annoy Eli, but she couldn't find out where it was coming from.

"You guys hear that?" Lily and Geoff denied, and Isla was too busy.

"Alright, Brotad, you ready? Absorb!" It leaped up! It latched onto the Poliwag's face again (to Isla's surprised face)! It started sucking away the health the Poliwag had left! And it was over. "That should be unconscious enough. Okay, go Pokéball!" She threw her prepared capture-and-containment device and it knocked the knocked-out Poliwag clean in the mouth before consuming it in its all-consuming red light and swallowing it whole.

"Duck. Duck. Duck."

"I think I hear it now," Lily continued. Albion, now resting on Eli's head as per the new usual, was woken up by the sound, and rather annoyed by it and the cause. "It must be a Psyduck. They're not too common, but they're definitely around here." It was getting closer, too. Actually, it was right on Eli's leg. With a shiver and jump, she'd jumped away from the dumb duck as her Pokéballs scattered on the ground. The reaction, Geoff and Isla thought, was absolutely adorable, but only in the safety of their thoughts. Either of them could've jumped between Eli and the Psyduck yelling, "I'll protect you!" but they restrained themselves. Geoff was proving to be more of a wannabe womanizer than even he could've imagined, especially since his current efforts were going to what he thought was a guy.

As Eli went to gather her capsules, the Psyduck had been staring at them... and it walked up to an empty one, smacking the button with its arm.

Everyone but Geoff: ಠ_ಠ
Geoff: ಠ_ರೃ

"... Duck."

Back