• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Will be great to catch in game all legendary pokemon and download beta game very soon. This is my opinion :D

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
This game looks lovely,you sure did do such a wonderful job adding such elements,in the end it turned out wonderful,you truly are a hard working person Gavin,may your game have a very bright future ahead.

Years
This looks like its going to be amazing, The maps look nicely done, and the new battle system looks simple and nice looking. Can't wait for the game to be out.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
As far as progress goes, I never really calculate in relation to the overall completion of the game. Instead I think about the demo, and we're closing in on 80% of the first one being done. There's some pixel work, scripting and eventing to be done. But remember I've been working on this for two years, meaning that 20% is still a good bit to do.

However, I have some updates for you

Sonata Town
The place of intermediate jubilation

After you obtain your first badge, you will go through Arietta Forest to Sonata Town. You will also encounter a Heart grunt here.
4.png
1.png
2.png
3.png

The following are miscellaneous shots from around the game

Tranquillo%20Town.png
Tchai%20Forest.png
Swamp%20screen.png
5.png

1. A screen from Tranquillo Town, the second town in the region.

2. Tchai Forest, well, I can't let you know what that is without spoiling part of the game play!

3. Route 3 is a swamp just after Tranquillo Town

4. An extract from the book of myths that will be read to you from time to time, this story is about the Phoenix Rising.

And that's it for today guys. More coming up in the next update.

Atomic Reactor

looks great dude. The lighting effects at night are very pretty :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
The new screens look incredible, nice work! I especially love the screen from the book.

Years
Amazing the Mart and Poke center look amazing at night, and your around the game screenies look good especially the swamp :D

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
Nice job, bro! :D
The only thing that's annoying is that the rivals look cooler than the heroes.
When will you be taking beta testers?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
In relation to beta testing, well it will be a while before I look for any. And I will ask people to beta test. Might I remind you that it's against the rules to do it in Game Development anyway, so please avoid asking in the thread. In the mean time, I have some updates on the way. However I have something for you all to speculate.

could_it_be__by_gavzxhayley-d46ag3v.png

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looks good, Gavveh~!

I still liked the 4th Gen OWs and those tiles better, but, it still looks good!

I agree, it looks good, but I do fancy the Gen 4 look as opposed to the Gen 5 look. For various reasons, but the biggest one is that the Gen 4 seems less streamlined and I like that look. It offers a refreshing, very shortly explored, approach to the visual aesthetics.

NorthernWind98

Lost.... hopefully not Forever
Years
Looks great, can`t wait for the beta but for the post recent screenies posted the OW sprites for the heros look female (no offense, just offering constructive criticism).

:)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm afraid I was just trollin' y'all. I'm sticking with the 4th gen style, reason being is that if I change style, I change everything, and then, no demo :<

So here's a screenshot of Saltempo City at night time, still a bit of a WIP but anyway, you can take a glance.

nah_guys_i_was_just_kiddin_by_gavzxhayley-d46mo6y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back