• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hehe, I have many favorites, but I'll try to be brief. First off is Snivy/Servine/Serperior. She was my first starter, ever, so she's my favorite starter, though I love the final evolutions of all three starters.

Then there's Purrloin/Liepard. One word: kitties! She was a bit frail, but very fun to use with a bit of training. Same goes for Woobat/Swoobat, who are really, really adorable, even though the animal they're based on terrifies me in real life.

And a special favorite of mine would be Golurk, because of its origin, that I'm particularly interested in, plus I think he was the first Pokemon that I've ever EV trained, and its power amazed me.

Honorable mention for interesting Pokemon that I haven't used yet: Volcarona, Mienshao, Reuniclus and Chandelure.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
547.gif

This little bby right here. I absolutely love its design and its shiny isn't bad either!
I never used it in game due a full party, but I would if played a second time around.

Years
I have to go with Haxorus. It's very powerful, hits hard and gets some cool moves to use stuff like Dragon Dance or choice items with. You don't want to be on the receiving end of an Outrage from this thing ;D

Years
My favorite Unova legendary is Reshiram. I love its design (I got over the weird tuft of fur on its lower body, which prevented me from liking it at first) and also its color, and it speaks to me on a more personal level in that it stands for truth. It is also my second all-time favorite Pokemon. My favorite non-legendary Unova Pokemon is Audino. It's just such an adorable little chub! I get happy whenever I come across one. I also like how it can tell how a Pokemon or person is feeling using its ears.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
I like Zorua / Zoroark.

Firstly because their ability fools most players regardless of whether they're real or NPCs.

Secondly because they're canines.

I was disappointed that in the original Black and White, you could only get them through events I could never access, and thrilled when you got one for free in the sequels.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I have lots of favourites including Serperior, Zoroark, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Dewott, and Braviary. I think they all look cool so they all appeal to me. I like some of the cuter ones like Emolga, Oshawott, and Sandile too but they aren't at the top of my favourites list.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Cryogonal probably. So cool. pun lol
Ever since I used it in a RP, I've been kind of fascinated by it and its dex entry and ice chains.

Reshiram and Volcarona are also pretty cool; I like Fire types a lot, I've realized lately. And also Bug types, so Volcarona is a golden piece there. Regarding design alone, Emboar is also very nice, especially its blue shiny form.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Wow, I love so many Gen 5 Pokemon. But my reigning champ has to be Terrakion. It's design is awsome, it's friggen strong, and the one I caught has 20+ IV stats all across. Plus it knows Sacred Sword!

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Out of all the pokemon in the fifth gen I have to say that the Joltik line is my utmost favourite. It's designs are really appealing and the bug/electric typing is a big plus. I always imagine people getting shocked by tiny Joltik and I find it really funny.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
For me it would be a tie between Cofagrigus and Reuniclus. I love the concepts behind them, an Egyptian sarcophagus and a multiplying cell pokemon...what's not to love? They're also great battlers. They served me very well in white.

I love so many 5th gen pokemon though so I have some honourable mentions:

Scolipede, Conkeldurr, Darmanitan, Oshawott/Samurott, Sigilyph, Swanna, Golurk, Galvantula, Volcarona, Accelgor.

There's no beating Cofagrigus and Reuniclus for me though.

Years
Chandelure & Braviary are tied for my two favorite Unova Pokemon. Incredible designs, stats, moves, etc. Chandelure with one of the coolest type combinations there is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Litwick. Its evolution line as well but Litwick is my favorite out of the three and favorite overall.

Honorable mentions go to the following: Joltik, Snivy, Petilil/Lillgant, and Whimsicott

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Foongus! It's so cute the way it rocks back and forth and constantly smiles; I would adore to meet one in real life. The deadly spores are a turn off and the evolution into the gross Amoonguss is unfortunate but I adore Foongus on its own.

590.gif

Years
Cofagrigus is awesome! :D I loooove a pokémon with great defenses :3 And the fact that It's ghost type just adds to the coolness of this pokémon! Kinda scared for it if pokémon actually existed in real world :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Excadrill, Samurott and Hydreigon are among my favorite Gen V Pokemon. Excadrill was an absolute monster in sandstorm, before being banned to Ubers, Samurott learns good moves and has good stats and Hydreigon's movepool is incredibly massive. That, and their designs are really good.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
I'm a huge fan of Sigilyph. Gotta love the design, and I use it competitively from time to time. It was also a huge help during my white 2 nuzlocke, providing some bulk to my rather unimpressive party.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Hmm. I wonder who likes Zorua. . . and Zoroark. . . No, no, it definitely couldn't be me. . .

But I also love Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon, not only because they're super cute but because their names include German numbers, and I'm learning German. So when I realized that about their names it was just more to love. one two three~

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
That's a tough one. Oh, wait. No, it's not. I just remembered. Krookodile. I have a Krookodile, and her name is Rasputin. Yes, I know, koff~

You know how bad Krookodile is? She's so bad that all the bikers got her as a patch on their leathers, that's how bad. I like the claws, I love the sand, I love the colors. Krookodile is the baddest of them all, koffi~

ps: krokodil on the other hand is a horrible disfiguring drug that resides mainly in Russia.

Back