• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Is there a way to edit the attacks/Pokemon of gymleaders without PEt because it always screws up for me.

Have you tried HackMew's A-Trainer? It's similar to PET but newer and supported by its author (HackMew).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is there a way to edit the attacks/Pokemon of gymleaders without PEt because it always screws up for me.

A-Trainer is way, way better than PET, and it won't screw up some places PET did, because A-Trainer has research into it that involves me and my Chinese computer. xD Wait, and it has lots of other features, even if it's only a beta.

newlee117

The Shiny Darkrai
Years
anyone know where i can find APE palettes for D/P pokemon?

cuz i'm working on putting the D/P pokemon in ruby, but if i were to put like TURTWIG as treeko, the palletes are messed up...

so i was wondering if anyone could help me
(APE palettes are .gpl files)

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Hey something very weird.

I made some new trainers and tested them out, but whenever I battle one (Bug catcher) and I finish the battle, I lose control of my character and start controlling an NPC trainer (Youngster) with messesd up graphics and I have to reload the save. I tried changing the offsets multiple times and even changed the trainer IDs but no luck. Any solutions?

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
I was going to just palette edit the regular footprint animation to make it gray (for snow, you see), but then I realized that I'll still need the yellow footprints for a desert later on. Is there a way for me to copy the footprint animation onto another behavior byte, so as to have both?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

I made some new trainers and tested them out, but whenever I battle one (Bug catcher) and I finish the battle, I lose control of my character and start controlling an NPC trainer (Youngster) with messesd up graphics and I have to reload the save. I tried changing the offsets multiple times and even changed the trainer IDs but no luck. Any solutions?

hm...
try removing a level script...
if that won't work, change the Youngster's person number...
if that won't work, change the OW of the Youngster...
if that won't work, change the unknown variables of the Youngster...
if that won't work, delete the Youngster from the map.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years

this happened one time with me. try changing the direction he is facing. if he is facing down, make him face left or right.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
anyone can help me with my gold hack?

1. how do I change backpic of HIRO?

2. how do I change Item name?

3. Can I make the events like red gyarados? How?

thanks..

aeroshinobi

Pokémon Galaxy White Creator
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2009
Okay, thanks. If I find the offset in A-Text, can I change the script in XSE? Will I have to change the order of the bytes? The offset is 1C5C78 according to A-text.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Okay, thanks. If I find the offset in A-Text, can I change the script in XSE? Will I have to change the order of the bytes? The offset is 1C5C78 according to A-text.

i think you have to find the pointer offset to edit it in XSE but i'm not sure. you can ask hackmew, because it IS his program. xD

AvengedFury

Hacker In Training
Years
Hi, I just learnt about hacking roms 2 days ago and have been trying to create a script for a sign post. My question is: Is there a way to add the players name to the sign message? I don't want to just make the message say "Welcome to the home town of Seth" because the player not chose that name. Is it possible or should I move on?

AvengedFury

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

hm...
try removing a level script...
if that won't work, change the Youngster's person number...
if that won't work, change the OW of the Youngster...
if that won't work, change the unknown variables of the Youngster...
if that won't work, delete the Youngster from the map.

Maybe not. I bet the problem is a person with Movement set to Face Down. The first Face Down you see in AM will lead to that bug, so just choose the second Face Down on the list.

Nope, XSE is not a text editor indeed. Besides, the intro has nothing to do with scripting.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Maybe not. I bet the problem is a person with Movement set to Face Down. The first Face Down you see in AM will lead to that bug, so just choose the second Face Down on the list.

wooo, i was sorta right. xD

Hi, I just learnt about hacking roms 2 days ago and have been trying to create a script for a sign post. My question is: Is there a way to add the players name to the sign message? I don't want to just make the message say "Welcome to the home town of Seth" because the player not chose that name. Is it possible or should I move on?
i think its v\h01, so just type in that where you want it to be. the whole thing, including the v\ part

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I was going to just palette edit the regular footprint animation to make it gray (for snow, you see), but then I realized that I'll still need the yellow footprints for a desert later on. Is there a way for me to copy the footprint animation onto another behavior byte, so as to have both?

Have you tried looking at the various info available at the Block Editor? Background/behaviour in particular.

i think its v\h01, so just type in that where you want it to be. the whole thing, including the v\ part

It would rather be \v\h01, but you can simply use [player].

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Definitely not. It has been around since last ScriptEd was released, at least. Of course I kept it on XSE.

im suprised, because i haven't seen it in any of the tutorials i looked at. i saw it in A-text though. [rival] too. are there any for your party pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back