• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This ROM Hack I have played a lot of times, among others. Those others I played a lot include Azure Horizons, Identity, Warped, Life of Guardians, Quartz, etc. I'm glad you focus on hex editing more than tools, the only tool you used was a map editing tool or was that by Hex Editing too? Nevermind...Will Prism go to Level 55 at the Pokemon League or even higher? Good ROM Hack CBM!

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Hey Coolboyman, just wanted to let you see this strange thing with pokemon brown in BGB: the sprites you print with your own method are somehow.. well here's some screens
<snip>
If you notice, the original sprites aren't strange (for example, the trainer in the title screen is normal). Anyway this problem is absent in no$gmb and in VBA... It's just a curious thing, isn't it?

I get this problem when playing Brown under Linux VBA.

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Hey Coolboyman, just wanted to let you see this strange thing with pokemon brown in BGB: the sprites you print with your own method are somehow.. well here's some screens
View attachment 54932

View attachment 54933

View attachment 54934

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

If you notice, the original sprites aren't strange (for example, the trainer in the title screen is normal). Anyway this problem is absent in no$gmb and in VBA... It's just a curious thing, isn't it?

This is the exact same problem I get on the GBC with flash-carts, but Coolboyman just ignores me whenever I bring it up, it seems only to be an issue with pokemon sprites and the trainer back-sprite. I THINK it is because (as I recall) that Coolboyman changed the spriting system in Brown so that he could add more sprites and depixalate the back-sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2010
Would anyone happen to know why my character froze on the jewish star healing thing in the haunted woods?

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
Is there anyway that I could edit portions of the game(starters,trainer pokemon, stuff like that) so I could enhance my pokemon brown experience? Answers would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Is there anyway that I could edit portions of the game(starters,trainer pokemon, stuff like that) so I could enhance my pokemon brown experience? Answers would be greatly appreciated!
You shouldn't cheat to have the great experiences of brown, what is the point in cheating if the game is no challenge?

I believe Coolboyman locks the ROM to keep people from messing with his codes in game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014

You shouldn't cheat to have the great experiences of brown, what is the point in cheating if the game is no challenge?

I believe Coolboyman locks the ROM to keep people from messing with his codes in game.

Where did I say anything about cheating? I want to make the game harder (getting rid of the stat boosting/lowering moves that the ai spams, for one) and perhaps change some of the E4s pokes due to redundancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back