• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Stardrop Version [Alpha 1 released]

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I like the OW, now I'm curious as to what the in-game sprite looks like. Also do you have an OW/concept for the heroine?

I'm wondering what the in-game sprite looks like too. :3
Too bad I won't find out until a later beta. lol

Heroine

pokemonstardropversion2.png
pokemonstardropversion3.png

This wasn't what I had planned, but I like the way it came out. She's smaller than most teenage/adult npcs, but that's because she's a little younger than the hero. While the hero is on his journey because he wants to be, she's on battling gyms and stuff to prove she's not just a little kid. :3

Oh, btw, I'm delaying the beta because I have one last feature to implement. How long it takes though, I don't know. :3

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I really hope this isn't too general of a comment under the "rules of commenting", but everything looks amazing, and I'm really impressed at how professionally it's presented.

marcc5m

what
Years
Delayed? Delayed?
My life has no meaning anymore.
Seriously though, this hack just gets better and better every time I see it. All of the little side-quests and stuff seem really amazing and inventive.
Looks like I might have to play this. And I rarely play many hacks.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Delayed? Delayed?
My life has no meaning anymore.
Seriously though, this hack just gets better and better every time I see it. All of the little side-quests and stuff seem really amazing and inventive.
Looks like I might have to play this. And I rarely play many hacks.

Yush, delayed. This new thingy's main script is almost complete (over 400 lines too), but I still need to map it and put in all the other necessary scripts.

I have to study for two tests today, but I have Friday off so if all goes well, the beta should be released on the weekend. :3

Years
  • PA
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
I really hope that should I chose to make another hack, after my "remake" of blue, it could be on a team with you! This looks amazing can't wait for the Beta.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Congrats on HOTM! You really deserved it! ^_^[/delay]
Well, I don't have to say anything more. This hack is just perfect.
Everytime I see more updates, I get a happiness and impatience attack. ^^ Seriously can't wait to play the beta!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Congrats on HOTM! You really deserved it! ^_^[/delay]
Well, I don't have to say anything more. This hack is just perfect.
Everytime I see more updates, I get a happiness and impatience attack. ^^ Seriously can't wait to play the beta!

Thanks.
Oh, and for those who want to know, this special, upcoming feature just needs to have a few scripts put in place, have a map done, be tested, and then the beta will be released. :3
This feature will not disappoint. <:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

The Thingy in the Spoiler

Spoiler:

Just because I spent a day week working on this, I'm going to make this sound like an epic thing, even though it's not. I've had to remake this three times for the beta so I'm very surprised that I haven't gone bald from stress.

Now on to the actual thing. This time, there are two factors that limit how long you can play for. One is the strength of the tool you use. The other is the time limit. If you move about and not hit anything after hitting a load of stuff, there should be a recovery in the tool's strength. However, moving about only means that you're running out of even more time. :badsmile:

Every prize has an item graphic. :3
The stuff you can find it split into three categories: common, rare, and OMG FOSSIL!!!!!!!11111????????111111
All fossils can be revived by the guy in Spring Town. Obviously, the fossils are going to be a lot harder to find, but because I'm statistically challenged, that may not prove to be. >:

If this post sound dumb in anyway, it's because it's almost 1am, and I need some serious sleep. >:

Oh, and yeah, you get to control the tile you want to hit instead of the player. I really didn't want to make custom overworlds for this.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years

The Thingy in the Spoiler

Spoiler:

Just because I spent a day week working on this, I'm going to make this sound like an epic thing, even though it's not. I've had to remake this three times for the beta so I'm very surprised that I haven't gone bald from stress.

Now on to the actual thing. This time, there are two factors that limit how long you can play for. One is the strength of the tool you use. The other is the time limit. If you move about and not hit anything after hitting a load of stuff, there should be a recovery in the tool's strength. However, moving about only means that you're running out of even more time. :badsmile:

Every prize has an item graphic. :3
The stuff you can find it split into three categories: common, rare, and OMG FOSSIL!!!!!!!11111????????111111
All fossils can be revived by the guy in Spring Town. Obviously, the fossils are going to be a lot harder to find, but because I'm statistically challenged, that may not prove to be. >:

If this post sound dumb in anyway, it's because it's almost 1am, and I need some serious sleep. >:

Oh, and yeah, you get to control the tile you want to hit instead of the player. I really didn't want to make custom overworlds for this.
This looks cool..even though you posted at 1 am, i does not sound dumb..xD
This is the first time i view this hack thread..lol
The mining thing is a good one for side games when nothing to do..haha
anyway congrats on the HotM,
i will view the other info on this hack and give a more detail comment later on.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ah... How much time is that?

The same amount of time things take in Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and Fire Red. :3

This looks pretty good. The story is definitely one of the best i've seen. I'll download it and tell you what I think.

Thanks. :3

Azure Foothill... Again

pokemonstardropversion.png

pokemonstardropversion3.png
pokemonstardropversion4.png

Well, I'm never content with my mapping so I'm going to be remapping stuff before the beta comes out. :>
Here's the new Azure Foothill. :3

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, I'll stop playing games now and talk. I don't know how much time that is; it all depends on what the player does while they wait. If they do certain things, it could take longer than needed. :3
Thank you.

Just one more question because I'm curious: Do all the berry trees look the same?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Thank you.

Just one more question because I'm curious: Do all the berry trees look the same?

Yes, they do. The trees are overworlds, and since FR has a limited number, all berry trees will look the same.

And because of my laziness the way the timing works, all berry trees use the same flags, so if you're waiting for one berry to grow, you're waiting for all of them to grow. D:

Rainbow Path

And here are some screens of the updated Rainbow Path.

Evergreen Pass

And here's Evergreen Pass updated. I only have two more maps left that I'll probably remap. After that, I'll continue testing, finish off the sprites, and then beta time. :3

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Azure Village

The original map was too big, imo. So I decided to try and make it more of a village size, and here we are. I originally was having a rustic-coloured, paved path, but I think the grass path suits the map a lot better.

As for the beta, I'm beta testing slowly and trying to work out trainer levels (the one thing that I really do find a challenge). So far I'm getting close to the first gym (so not really that far :<), and I hope that I won't have anything to stop me finish testing. Then I'll finally post the beta.

So all in all, the next post in this thread will either be a message saying something's gone wrong, or hopefully, the beta. :3

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years
Awesome hack dude! I love all the mini quests or what I should call them.
By the way, what tiles did you replace for the snow-trees?

Back