• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@fantome ecrivain: Welcome to the Roleplay Corner! As far as Beginner friendly Roleplays, I would say the best would be Pokemon Trainer Academy. PTA has a school setting where you create your own trainer and attend classes, gain new friends, and battle. There's also a larger plotline involving Team Rocket (I think).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
As a newbie to this section of the forums, I have to ask: Is it mandatory in some roleplays that you should have prior experience roleplaying? And will we be judged by the amount of experience we have roleplaying? (Basically asking whether the RPs are beginner-friendly)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I won't say that all RPs are beginner-friendly, no, but majority of the people around here doesn't need some kind of proof that you've had prior experience, as long as you seem to be able to hold yourself up fairly well through your SU. Like, in the SU (Sign-UP, FYI), there's most often an 'RP Sample' bit at the bottom, where you usually put a bit of text from a previous RP to prove what style of writing you have, but you can just as easily just create a scenario on your own to write into it, perhaps even the intro post for the RP you're applying for.

TL:DR; People won't tell you that you're out because you have no previous experience, no :P Though some RPs could be classified as 'Harder' to pull off than others. Generally just take a look around at the RPs and get a feel for whether or not you'd like to try and play in that RP :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
As a newbie to this section of the forums, I have to ask: Is it mandatory in some roleplays that you should have prior experience roleplaying? And will we be judged by the amount of experience we have roleplaying? (Basically asking whether the RPs are beginner-friendly)

The majority of the roleplays are beginner friendly. All I would say, to anyone new to roleplaying, is don't join a roleplay that has already started as your first.

So browse the roleplay lounge for one that hasn't quite started yet (is still asking for sign ups). It puts you in the best position and means you don't have to catch up or feel the need to 'prove' yourself or anything :3 we're quite open here, people might give you pointers/advice but we're all friendly. XD

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Welcome to the Roleplay Corner Hoenn!

Most RP's are beginner friendly. For example joining journey RP's at the start is highly suggestible as these require little to no experience. In these the RP'S sample is mostly not there or optional.

However for the more violent i.e. the RP's that involve killing, beating up and stuff, it would be suggested that you have participated in 3 - 4 RP's already.On the other hand most RP's won't bother about your experience and stuff.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Those waiting for the Zelda RP, I apologize for the time it's taking to work on the post. I'm pretty close to finishing it, but college has been happening pretty frequently (I hate when that happens) so I can't give an official release date for it, but I feel like I can confidently say it'll definitely be within the month, preferably in the earlier half. I might actually get it done soon, depending on how these few days go.

In regards to the question?
Do you prefer to create a new character every new roleplay or recycle old ones?
I almost always make a new character. Under very rare circumstances do I re-use a character. One instance is if an RP finishes or ends prematurely before I feel like the character was able to develop fully. Another is if a whole RP goes by but I don't feel like a character's story is over. I did this with one character, but unfortunately, the RP died out.

Under most circumstances, it's new.

New character for every RP. I don't like recycling. Of course, some characters may share some traits, but that's just by me trying to hone personalities. I usually make a character that I think has a personality I have a major deficiency in writing for. So I try and make a round table and pick a personality I need practice with. :3
This, exactly. Now, though, I think I need to work on making more diverse characters.

Something I don't do often: Provide another question!

Are there any games/game series you'd love to see in RP format? Additionally, do you know of any that would work perfectly as a roleplay?

Personally, I would love to see a Monster Hunter RP pulled off. It's my favorite popular-but-somehow-unheard-of series, and with a dedicated GM plus some creative RPers, it would soar. SO much sandbox, SO much opportunity.

Dead Rising too, but I talked about that already.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ohai, nice to see a PGen regular pop into the RPCorner! Some people prefer to play with experienced RPers, but most are very beginner friendly, I'd say. You are not judged as long as you try your best to write well and be respectful to other players.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I generally don't recycle characters. I did recycle the name 'Charles' a lot. I don't know why. I like the sound of it (not my irl name). But no. I've never entirely recycled a character.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
COME ONE, COME ALL AND CHECK OUT THE NEXT GREAT JOINT EFFORT BY SUPERVEGETA AND RAIKIRI!

ONE PIECE: THE GOLDEN AGE!

The concept is relatively simple, really. It's our take on the great manga/anime series by Eiichiro Oda, with an original story, characters and to a certain extent world. Newcomers and veterans to One Piece are welcome, as we did our best to make it accessible to both, with information to aid the newcomers and references to make the veterans smile with glee. One Piece: The Golden Age has the charm of One Piece, with colorful characters, ridiculous stories and epic moments.

Make a character and step into the world of One Piece! It's the best thing to happen to roleplaying since Supervegeta!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
COME ONE, COME ALL AND CHECK OUT THE NEXT GREAT JOINT EFFORT BY SUPERVEGETA AND RAIKIRI!

ONE PIECE: THE GOLDEN AGE!

The concept is relatively simple, really. It's our take on the great manga/anime series by Eiichiro Oda, with an original story, characters and to a certain extent world. Newcomers and veterans to One Piece are welcome, as we did our best to make it accessible to both, with information to aid the newcomers and references to make the veterans smile with glee. One Piece: The Golden Age has the charm of One Piece, with colorful characters, ridiculous stories and epic moments.

Make a character and step into the world of One Piece! It's the best thing to happen to roleplaying since Supervegeta!

AAAAAH, ONE PIECE! I need to join this so badly! ;_; But I need to think of a character first! The hardest part is thinking up an ability. Just having a devil's fruit would be too predictable, I want to have some other kind of ability, but I just don't know what it would be, without copying an already existing character!

Reactions: SV

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for the support, guys. I think I'll pop in and join a RP soon, but as of now there aren't any of my liking.

@Raikiri
Wow, an OP RP! (seems weird when you spell the initials) That sounds interesting, considering Derozio made me an OP fan as of late.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Fantastic news guys!

As it turns out, I had very little left to do on the OOC post, and I had enough time to work on it, sooo...

I FINISHED THE IMPRISONING WAR POST!

Once accepted, it'll be up in the Lounge!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
So--Out of all the new pokemon how many of them have given you guys new ideas for RP? Did the region itself give you inspiration? =o

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
The whole concept and history of the palace may make for an interesting RP, especially with all the weird references to a war. A medieval Pokemon RP?

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
We need more Pokémon wars! :D

Maybe fanon-ify the war Lt. Surge was in?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah...we had a discussion about that here a couple months ago. I'd love if someone made a "Generation-Killing War RP", I'd join in a heartbeat.

...So long as it's not made now, because I don't want more roleplaying choices.

Yeah that sounds great, it would be different because Lt. Surge is a lieutenant so that means he was in some sort of military which could have involved killing people with guns.
It would be very fantastic and something new.

Personally, I would love to see a Monster Hunter RP pulled off. It's my favorite popular-but-somehow-unheard-of series, and with a dedicated GM plus some creative RPers, it would soar. SO much sandbox, SO much opportunity.
If someone does wish to pull this off I have a full bestiary of the games set up in CSS from an RP that I can give to someone. It doesn't include species that don't have an icon because well they haven't been encyclopedia'd yet. It also provides the ingame information about them.

I am working on a Gundam RP, if anyone wants to help with it (co-gm) just shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back