• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
I loved the litwick line, no particular reason it simply appealed to me. Zoroark and Bisharp are two more contenders, dark being one of my favourite types, it was nice to see some powerful looking pokemon join the ranks.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Chandelure. While I'm usually not too fond of object-based Pokemon, Chandelure was so wonderfully designed that I couldn't not appreciate it. As my username would suggest, I also like the Elgyem line.

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Darmanitan a million times over! The fire ape thing just won me over and the fact it hits like a truck makes me happy as well. It's ability is great, its design I like, and it's just overall an extremely useful Pokemon in both a normal/challenge playthrough of the generation 5 games and can preform fairly well in competitive under the right circumstances. I just have nothing but love for it.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Reniculus... Psychic is one of my favorite types so its only natural. Plus it makes a great addition to trick room teams due to its slow speed and high sp.attack. not to mention it has a large move pool as well. also that magic guard is a really useful abillity. I also like Piroutte as well(psychic types are so amazing). Her design is so elegent. Plus she can learn that dance move which changes her forms(very unique) and useful for tripping up opponents. other favorites include:

-Cicciccino(so cute and so tough at the same time. hard name to spell though)
-Volcarona (really love the design of it. and has a nice sp.atk and nice movepool)
-Keldeo( really love its unicorn design. and I really like its typing)
-Chandellure(great design and stats.)
-Victini(extremelly cute. amazing move pool. the amazing 100 stats. what is their to hate about it.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
Oshawott or the Tepig evolution line ^^ I'm just weird like that, I also found emolga pretty good~

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Archeops. I love Archeops and I just wish it didn't get such a stupid ability. That thing has no benefits at all.

Years
I cant really pick out just one.. and its mostly a close call between Zoroark, Bisharp and Golurk.. mostly for different reasons..

Zoroark is such a fantastic dude, with his ability.. you can easily mask him almost prefectly as a different pokemon on your team.. with like corresponding moves and all of that.. and your opponent would be none the wiser. I dig stuff like that.

Bisharp has an interesting typing that works well for me in most situations. In Black, he has basically my signature false swipe/catching guy. He also looks pretty amazing in X/Y with blades that retract in and out of his arms.

Golurk just looks cool.. and also happens to have a pretty good typing.. at least when it comes to offense. Its just a shame that while he has a cool ability, it's always unstabbed and his stats are a bit of a disappointment. My Golurk in X/Y made it all the way to 100, which would be the first time in years that I actually leveled someone to max.. but that was mostly because of horde encounters and earthquake.. and also having the AI continue to try to use moves on him that don't work (fighting/normal and the like)

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
i have a tie between zorua/zoroark and scolipede, i really loved both of them!! i just think scolipede is so cute and chubby while zoroark is so cool and dark ~__~

damientheomen3

Muffintop, Esq.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
The Pawniard line. I'm much more of a design kind of guy than a usefullness kind of guy (Shuckle is my second favorite pokemon, for example), and I just think the Pawniard line looks awesome.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Hydregion and Conkeldurr are my two favorites from Gen 5. I loved the look of them and how strong they are, poor Hydre now though

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Zoroark. I didn't love or hate any of the Gen 5 designs, but I find Zoroark and Archeops fairly appealing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I have to say Accelgor, Bisharp and Druddigon for me. Although i also like Zorua\Zoroark, these are my favorite.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
Serperior here.

I remember thinking how cool its design was, and after using Serperior especially with its hidden ability-- it basically grew on me. This attachment grew after seeing it in the anime with how quickly it moved.

Thief

The Dark One
Years
Well my favourite type is Dark, and this gen managed to make 3 Darks that crawled their way to 3rd, 5th and 6th place in my favourites overall.

Hydreigon, Zoroark & Bisharp respectively.

Overall best out of these is Hydreigon though, 'cause Dragon is my second favourite type and I was overjoyed when I saw they'd finally made a Dark/Dragon.

:t262:

Faygrim

The Consuming Darkness....
Years
Meinshoa, Gothorita (but not gothotelle), Lilligant and Bisharp. i might also like Kyurem since its typing is so....top.

Back