• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
There will be 4 Battle System's
Pokemon ReD Blue green Style
Pokemon Gold Silver Crystal
Pokemon Ruby Saph and Emerald version
and
Custom

Custom is script and graphic driven you program it your self using the script language and special commands for the Battle like Battle_Init(); and BattleBG = ResPath ect so you can either use a premade battle system or make your own Easly

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
yea,but the battle backgrounds are diffrent and the battle box is diff(i hate the red one..)

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
1. Visual battle system editor.
I'd imagine something very clean and easy.
Tags: ailments, strings (Go! (POK?MON)! Good job, (POK?MON)! Come back!), Import specific graphics to replace the default (Status Hub: [default] [import button]).

On this note, you should probably make the editor know the difference between wild Pok?mon battles, trainer battles, gym leader battles, and the champion battle. I would imagine that the event menu is something similar to RPG Maker. It would be buttons in order like:
Wild Battle Start
Trainer Battle Start
Leader Battle Start
Champion Battle Start

2. Visual menu editor.
Similar to the above, but also a tab for choosing where the menu is located on the screen.

3. Visual Pok?dex editor.
Tabs: Pok?mon Graphics (sorted by number, editable array size), Pok?mon descriptions (sorted by number, editable array size)

4. Visual trainer status editor.
Choose between status and card.
Tabs: Badge Names (Sub Menu: Badge Graphics), Hero graphic (Male, Female; Sub Menu: Background)

Also, will the maker make auto events based on terrain. Meaning, the game already knows that if something's water, it can be surfed on. If it's long grass, wild Pok?mon can appear there. If so, could you do a wild Pok?mon editor similar to Advance Map? Except, you can edit the array size, of course.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Visual Battle Editor will be very self explanitory :P

There will be flags for each battle you can set Trainer Leader Wild Champ Battle

Visual Menu Editor hmm idk about this im thinking of again making that a 3 selection thing where you can have Red Blue Green , Gold Silver Crystal Or Ruby Saph Emr

Visual PokeDex Editor will be self explanitory

and trainer stats will be implemented after all the base is made

the game engine its self will know tile types yes.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
Years
Wow this sounds like its getting better and better. PMXP Is going to be so great, I love the terraforming(AutoTiles). And i think what chimou said is a good idea, expecially about the pokedex editor

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Pokemon XP's Game Engine :cross-eye FIRST SCREEN! :D
-handles all the layers the mapeditor does
-handles 24 and 32 bit transparency
-handles a specially formatted CharSet with MagicBlue Transparency
-Smooth Scrolling View and Player Movement
-Player Animations Fully work as he is walking
-Collisions with collision tiles fully works.

Pokemon XP's Game Requirements :D
<MIN REQ>
-100 Meg of freespace for speed reasons
-32 Meg Graphic Card
-128 Meg of ram
-56 KB Internet Connection
-1.0 Ghz Processor Intel Chipset Pentuim2/3 or Celeron Equilivant
-Windows XP / Windows 98

<RECOMENDED REQ>
-5 GIG of freespace for speed reasons
-128 Meg Graphic Card (Ati or Nvida Perferably)
-256 Meg of ram
-256 KB Broadband connection
1.8 Ghz Processor Intel Chipset Pentum 4MT or Celeron Equilivant
-Windows XP / Windows 98

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATIONS MAY CHANGE IN THE NEER FEAUTURE AS CODE WILL CHANGE AND THINGS MAY BE ADDED OR TAKEN OUT.

If you dont meet these Specifications in the relesed version there will be a Lite version will be relesed after the first XP only engine is relesed it will work on 98 machine's much more efficiantly and will remove all 24 and 32 bit transparency so non XP users can use Pokemon XP without it lagging like hell.

PS . I hope you meet the requirements guys :P

Last edited:

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Could you try to make it compatitable for Windows 98? Thanks.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Well it is 100% compatibal for windows 98 but it just totally favours XP but thats not saing it wont work 100% on 98 since im developing it on XP using some XP Api calls and some 98 Api calls it shud theoretically work on both BUt more so you will get better performance on XP.

NOTE just because you make a game on 98 and it runs good but not as good as it could means wen the game is played on an XP machine it will run perfectly. But 98 users dont loose hope at all as i will develop on the 98 side of things more from now :P

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
i'm using the prog now and i gotta say. with the exception of the few things missing this is good work. heck i might even make a pokemon game myself. GOOD JOB!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Thank you very much.
Would you mind telling me what those missing things are? so i may implement them i know of heaps of stuff im to add but i gladly add things the people want since its you guys who are going to make games in it :)

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Is there gonna be full screen, it doesn't look right in a normal window.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Superiority said:
Sweet,and np,i love helping people out

No... you just totally don't. And also, you're not a RM2k/3 Wizard.
Thought I'd point some stuff out.

This maker looks really cool, rm2kdev!
Make sure you include everything, all the sounds, minor details and such before the release.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2005
dude,you even said u'd flame my topic just because i said ur friend was fat,and now you hate me.
this is kinda stupid,so just shutup about this.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Take this into PM, guys! Don't spam up a topic. How rude.

This is exactly what I've been waiting for all this time. I think a lot of Pok?mon fans have been waiting for something like for a long time. It's good that a programmer finally decided to do this.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
I have questions. Will you have items? will you include music? For pokemon will you include Munchlax, Bonsly, Manene, and Manyara? This will be a great program. I can tell!

EDIT: How many maps can you make? How big can a map be?

EDIT: What font will you have?

EDIT: Can you convert from RM2K/RM2K3? I am making a game in RPG Maker 2000 but I think this would be better.

Last edited:
Back