• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Team Rocket Version

Which Pokemon whould you chose to be the third starter

• Rattata

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Koffing

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Spearow

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
Pokemon: Undecided

Ok, now i have been thinking what would make a team rocket game great? Would it be the fact your a team rocket member or would it be the lies deception, and power? I think a little bit of both and alot more, So to make a TR game you need to understand their goals and motvation, as well as have a Evil mind :) lol. So here is a very early and rough draft of my Game/idea/Dream

Game Name: PoKeMoN: Team Rocket <- Name may change.
Created With: RMXP

Intro: Of course your a team rocket member, to do givoanni's bidding. You will grow as a trainer and as a Team Rocket member, as you progress from a lowly Grunt to a Celebrated Rocket Admin. You will be giving missions from begginer to advanced diffculty and to acheve you must coninue to grow stronger and become better. You will travel from town to town completing missions and Achieving personal goals, Collecting pokemon for yourself and for the TR Corp. Making new friends and Stealing from them. The Life of a Team Rocket Member is now yours, go and make yourself a Legend.

Story: Not gonna be released from the intro you get the idea of gameplay and your place in the game.

Starters:
Standard Starters, fits with story...

Region:
Kanto - you cant really place team rocket anywhere else

ScreenShots:
PKMNTR01.png
PKMNTR04.png
PKMNTR08-1.png

Features: (Updates 10/31/09)

Theif System-(Undecided)
Well my favorite and Most likely the Cornerstone of this game.
Common Features-(Is In Development)
All the features like the day/night ect...
Quest/Mission System- (Is In Development)
Your orders usually giving to you by a Rocket Admin
Rep System/Trainer Level System-(Undecided) You'll still progress into a Rocket Admin just dunno how yet.
as you grow in ranks your Rep becomes higher, allowing you to take better items and get better missions.
Rocket Balls-(Is In Development)
These have a higher catch chance than Ultra balls, but are only available to higher Rocket members.
Orginal Rocket Events- (Is In Development)
you'll help in the takeover of sliph co and other widely know Rocket Events
Custom Hero Sprites-(Is In Development)
I am making custom Grunt & Admin Rocket sprites.
150+ Pokemon -(Undecided)
May include pokemon from different regions.

Pkmn Team rocket Creators:
Shikamaru88 - Mapper/Story writer/scripter/creator

Game Status:
Maps 100% Complete
Events 20% Complete

Credits:
Poccil - for the starter kit
4th Gen Matt - for his amazing resource pack
Curt - For the Indigo plateau maps helped me complete kanto

thats it for now i will be working on this alot though and this should change very soon...

Thats all i got for now but i'm sure i'll have alot more to come very soon, So this thread is reopened and I'm Waiting for your Suggestion :)

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
is that a demand???? custom how? be more sepcfic do u want battle sprited or OW's i added a new screen shot in the first post....

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
First post Updated Some of the story is added.....

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Battle sprites and overworlds.

If the characters are going to be Team Rocket grunts they should at least be original Team Rocket grunts.

i.e. make them look like a Pokemon trainer would, only as if part of Team Rocket.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
I like the story...you get to play as the bad guy...thats original for a pokemon game :)

Good luck with this.

Den

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2009
I could sprite trainers and overworlds if you want.

Also the starters could reamain Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Just because they're in Team Rocket doesnt then need to have special pokemon, but if you really want to do that then Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth could be starters?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
hmmm... I voted for Koffing, but I reckon Grimer would be awesome too. This is a GREAT idea. :D
And are the sprites gonna change once you become an admin? That would be cool. :o
And you'd better finish this. I wanna play it! ;A;
Oh, and what's the link for the banner thing?

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
hmmm... I voted for Koffing, but I reckon Grimer would be awesome too. This is a GREAT idea. :D
And are the sprites gonna change once you become an admin? That would be cool. :o
And you'd better finish this. I wanna play it! ;A;
Oh, and what's the link for the banner thing?

the admin will be later in the game very late but yes they will i am making custom admin graphics

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
I think Rattata is a more common member of the common grunt's team than Koffing.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
I agree with Con, Koffing and Ekans are like standard Team Rocket Pokemon, Rattata is just a common pokemon period. No offense to you TheAbsol.

~Undefined~

Years
I agree with Con, Koffing and Ekans are like standard Team Rocket Pokemon, Rattata is just a common pokemon period. No offense to you TheAbsol.
I sorta agree. Team Rocket tends to be a poison type thing.
But you need to have three to chose out of though... EVERY pkmn game has three starters. :p
so yeah i think there should be three poison only pkmn (eg ekans, koffing and grimer)
I also think they should have an equal number of forms (like the three i just said)

EDIT: Just saying the last bit better so it makes more sense.
When I say "an equal number of forms" I mean that all three of the starters should have the same amount of evolutions. (like all the starters off the real games all have three)

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
i got what u ment to balance it... nice undefined i'll lean towards yuour idea although i'll modify the pokemons moves and groth if i can... first event screenies coming soon thanks guys for the ideas keep them coming!! :)

~Undefined~

Years
I think with the graphics in the battle sence, the colours should be a more darker theme rather than the light orangy red. The classic Rocket theme is black/dark purple with a red "R".
I'm not saying that it isn't good now, it's really quite awesome, but a theme more appropriate to the Rocket thing would be cool. ^^
Just something to consider there. ^^

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
i agree but i couldnt find a mixture of colors to throw to gether i'll try grey and red something like that....

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
new screenies added oh and i will always post updates in first post so people dont have to search threads for updates

Years
So Professor Oak, one of the Pokemon Worlds leading Pokemon researchers always carries around a level 5 Bulbasaur? lol, it's not an insult or anything, just don't see it happening. Other than that, good work.

Shikamaru88

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
uhh its the first encounter of the game... and i do believe he carries no pokemon... he studies pokemon on his ranch... so uhh yeah........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back