• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] August Emerald - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
AugustLogo.png

Hoenn is back! Rediscover a classic region 5 years on!

A child from the quiet Dinso region, your time has come to fulfil your dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer. Travel throughout your own region and Hoenn, and stop a resurgent Team Magma!

NewRegionSmall2.png

The Dinso Region

NoticedByCarvanha.png
OutOfTheCage.png
ThroughTheGrass.png

With exciting and vibrant new tilesets, Hoenn's received a well deserved facelift from The Dewitty

LittlerootMap.png
Route103.png

Back in Hoenn

PalmSpeech.png
BoyPlayer.png
GirlPlayer.png
RunningIndoors.png

Play as brand-new characters and battle old favourites!

Roxanne.png
NekkidPplz1.png
FLANNERAH.png

Roxanne, Brawly & Flannery by The Dewitty

DinsoLeadersMontage.png

Miles, Mirabella, Teresa, Kerry, Taki, Stella & Ceros by lx_theo

000000000x099PlayerCHaracters.png

Aiden & Amber - the player characters - by lx_theo

Use the brand new interface and Pokénav!

BetaMenu.png

The beta menu*

And much, much more!

InTheFog.png

Where am I?

The Team
Management
NikNaks - Team Lead
PokemonPlatinum - Lead Mapper & Assistant Team Lead
Michael - Co-leader's brother

Artists
Andinator
Ben.
defno
Dew (The Dewitty)
Dr. Octogonapus (Toonie/Elaynii)
lx_theo (+ musician)
Serris (+ musician)
tImE

Writers
T3h Kaiser

Scripters
CrazyNinjaGuy - Scripter
venom12 - Scripter

Credits
poccil & many others for the starter kit
Vorpalis for help, ideas and some mapping
Karel_Kazuki for various suggestions
Zurr for the banner
Dr. Octogonapus for the logo design
F.M.P. for occasional sprites and tips

*Littleroot map slightly out of date

----

We're currently looking for any talented designers, artist or writers who want to lend a hand. If you're interested, just send me a message, or post on the forum linked in my signature with a message explaining what you can do and some examples of your work (if applicable). Don't hesitate to contact us!

Last edited:
Years
-_-'

This is the drawing board. We're a long way off a beta at the minute, mainly due to plot problems.

Years
The top image is more up-to-date. The scripts are being worked on, so the graphics aren't updated as often on the coders' local copies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Howcome this is in the drawing board? Had it not made a lot of progress before?
And by the way, you shouldn't really reply to every post, wait a while then do so.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
And by the way, you shouldn't really reply to every post, wait a while then do so.
It is in the drawing board as we are currently getting the plot together, then we will most likely start on a name change based on the plot. We are also discussing some other important issues, but they are a secret :)
-PP

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Will you be releasing the original August Emerald that you made up to now on demo?

Years
The main problem we had was with the plot, so we've had to take a few steps back to get that sorted out. All the work done up to that point is still in our project (mapping and eventing until Rustboro), but as we're now starting in a new region, that's our main focus at the minute, and as such, little has been done on that front. I hope that makes sense.

And I'll try to reply just the once a day. I was a little bit excited yesterday, so bear with me xD

Will you be releasing the original August Emerald that you made up to now on demo?
Dew has said that he wants to revamp his old work, so I'm not sure we'll be releasing what we had. I think Dew still has the old project on his system, so if you're desperate to play, you should contact him.

-----

In other news, I'm pleased to announce new team members!

lx_theo is joining us as an all-rounder, working on some sprites, ideas and also making music
Karel_Kazuki is helping us with our plot to create an excellent experience for the player
Serris is joining us as a musician and may be letting us use his fakémon sprites, too

As always, if you're interested in joining the team, don't hesitate to send me a message. We're always interested to see new talent, and the more ideas we have, the better.

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
Looking good here. Love the concept. Will you be reposing the Hoenn dex for this? Can't wait to help start making music for this, and meet the rest of the team.

ゾロアーク

Workin on AE :)
Years
I'm PokemonPlatnum's brother :)
I'll be working on August Emerald when my brother can't. So can't wait to meet the team and make this game unbelievable ^^

Years
Looking good here. Love the concept. Will you be reposing the Hoenn dex for this? Can't wait to help start making music for this, and meet the rest of the team.
Awesome! It's great to have you on board. :D

I'm PokemonPlatnum's brother :)
I'll be working on August Emerald when my brother can't. So can't wait to meet the team and make this game unbelievable ^^
:D

I supported this game before, I'll support it in its rebirth.

Good luck! =3
Thank-you! I'll make sure to create a new banner that people can use to show their support :) In the meantime, feel free to use those that look like the one in dudleyspud's signature.

----

I'm pleased to announce that we've had a lot of positive input from the Fan Fiction section with regards to plot writing, and I can announce that two have already joined the team, and more may be following. I hope you'll welcome Bay Alexison and Azurne to the staff.

What's more, Serris has agreed to let us use some of his Fakémon designs, so check out his gallery for a preview of those.

Also, we'll be revealing something new in PlanetDev's monthly newsletter, which is coming in the next few days. Keep your eyes peeled for that! ;)

As ever, if you want to help out, feel free to apply at our forum. The link is in my signature, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
If its your "own region"
And hoenn
Then shouldnt it be a new hero
Not Brendan

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Given the Hoenn region and the "Emerald" basis for the name, I'm assuming you'll have both Groudon and Kyogre in there at some point.

In which case, I'll share an idea I had - make them a double battle. Since you can't use a Poké Ball unless there's just one opponent (for some reason), the player will have to choose which one to go for. You could perhaps make the other one available later on in the game, if you didn't want to do a "pick one fossil, lose the other" kind of thing. I'm not sure how the weather would work, though - perhaps make it a special battle and have both apply at once (maybe even only for themselves).

Years
If its your "own region"
And hoenn
Then shouldnt it be a new hero
Not Brendan
We're designing a new pair of player characters right now. We also have a new professor, and you'll be seeing art for him sooner than you think. xD As PP said, the current OW is a placeholder.
Given the Hoenn region and the "Emerald" basis for the name, I'm assuming you'll have both Groudon and Kyogre in there at some point.

In which case, I'll share an idea I had - make them a double battle. Since you can't use a Poké Ball unless there's just one opponent (for some reason), the player will have to choose which one to go for. You could perhaps make the other one available later on in the game, if you didn't want to do a "pick one fossil, lose the other" kind of thing. I'm not sure how the weather would work, though - perhaps make it a special battle and have both apply at once (maybe even only for themselves).
That's an interesting idea, and we'll certainly consider it. Thanks!

----

Well, as I said, we have a new professor. And I hope lx_theo won't mind me showing off his sprite, based on the concept by shinyscyther of DeviantArt:

Professor Nelson Palm
Palm-1.png

Pokémon Professor for the Dinso region
Probably the most laid back professor ever to have graced the Pokéworld, Palm is a surfer-turned-scientist obsessed with the ocean. When he isn't poring over his beloved Carvanha farm, he's probably lying on the beach right by his lab, or catching the waves. While immensely likeable, his negligence has led to Dinso lagging behind with its technology. His starters are borrowed from his close friend, Birch, who encouraged him to study Pokémon originally, and he is frequently in contact with his uncle, Captain Briney.

lx appreciates criticism to help him improve, so feel free to comment on parts you like or don't like about the sprite itself. I'll have more reveals in the next few days :D

Serris

The Constant
Years
I do like it a lot. but there's only one thing that bothers me: his pants. I feel they don't look well sprited, if the crease lines were worked on, then I reckon he would look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back