• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Whenever I change the dimension of an existing map in fire red(advancemap 1.92),
the screen is black when the character should warp to the resized map.
Is there a way to fix that?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Whenever I change the dimension of an existing map in fire red(advancemap 1.92),
the screen is black when the character should warp to the resized map.
Is there a way to fix that?
What are the dimensions? Are they odd numbers? 'Cause maybe that's your problem. Try removing level scripts also.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
I just solved it myself. I had to change height and width together, not just one. Some black tiles covered the space I didn't need.
Thanks anyway, Destiny Demon

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I attempted to learn scripting yesterday and it didn't work out.

Can anybody elaborate on this some more?

I tried to use Advance Script (if that is the appropriate program).
Try using Extreme Script Editor. It's easier in my opinion. Here's an example:

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0xflag
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 msg_normal
goto @dex
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @sd msg_normal
release
end

#org @sd
= You already have one!

#org @1
= Here's your national dex!

#org @dex
special 0x16F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @rec msg_keepopen
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0xflag
release
end

#org @rec
= [player] received National dex!
That's for FireRed. Make sure you already have the Pokedex also.

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Hello, forums. I just wanted to know if there is a way I could add or edit Pokémon Abilities

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I've had so much trouble with this...its confounding me.

I just want to know how to make a tile start a wild pokemon battle, like tall grass. I'm making a swamp, and want some of the swamp tiles to have wild pokemon in it. I've tried changing the tile to grass animation, and it didnt work, and to tall grass animation, again without working. Since I'm editing Viridian forest, i put the grass i want to start a wild battle on the same spot as another grass tile was, but again, nothing. I dont know what to do. How can i make this tile work??!?!?!?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I attempted to learn scripting yesterday and it didn't work out.

Can anybody elaborate on this some more?

I tried to use Advance Script (if that is the appropriate program).
Follow Destiny Demon's advice for the National Dex script =)
And if you don't know much about scripting I'd suggest you to read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial =)

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I've inserted a bitmap sprite in the place of Torchic on Ruby, and it works fine when you battle against it but when you use it in battle (i.e. see its backsprite) or see it in the pokedex, the game freezes or restarts just before you would see the sprite. I used nameless sprite editor to insert the image. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I posted this about 5 pages back and nobody answered me, and I still can't work out the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

I just want to know how to make a tile start a wild pokemon battle, like tall grass. I'm making a swamp, and want some of the swamp tiles to have wild pokemon in it. I've tried changing the tile to grass animation, and it didnt work, and to tall grass animation, again without working. Since I'm editing Viridian forest, i put the grass i want to start a wild battle on the same spot as another grass tile was, but again, nothing. I dont know what to do. How can i make this tile work??!?!?!?
Open the block editor in A-Map [just click the purple puzzle piece] and go the particular swamp tile. Change the behavior byte to [xx] [02] and change the background byte to [yy][01].

*xx & yy are different depending on what you want your tile to do.
I posted this about 5 pages back and nobody answered me, and I still can't work out the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe you should try reinserting the sprite cause something has obviously gone wrong with it. In fact I've never heard of such an error.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years

Looking at the general tall grass tile does it look like this?

ev3Hl.png

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Is there any way to initiate a step counter with a script box?

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Is there any way to initiate a step counter with a script box?

Well, you've got the Safari special, 0x2C (if I'm not mistaken), but you can also set your own duration (once again, if I'm not mistaken) with JPan's FireRed Hack.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
Years
Not sure if this is the place to seek help with this issue but it's holding me back from starting my hack. I've followed the fantastic map editing tutorial on this forum but no matter how many times I try I always end up with this result.

Spoiler:

Can anyone assist? Or point me in the direction where someone could? Thank you so, so much. I've been killing myself over this, it really is the only thing holding me back.

Danke!
-Simmy

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Not sure if this is the place to seek help with this issue but it's holding me back from starting my hack. I've followed the fantastic map editing tutorial on this forum but no matter how many times I try I always end up with this result.

Spoiler:

Can anyone assist? Or point me in the direction where someone could? Thank you so, so much. I've been killing myself over this, it really is the only thing holding me back.

Danke!
-Simmy
You probably used the wrong palette in the tile map editor. If you did use the right one then you probably have to edit the palette.

Years
I've been through alot of tough problems and I'd like to think I'm a good scripter, but I'm running into probally the most simple problem.

I can't seem to get wild pokemon to appear in my new map!

Its a Cave by the way, and putting actual grass in it would mess up the look of the cave, but I went to other caves in the game to figure it out and they are set up a Grass, so thats what I did in the wild pokemon header view.

I chose the grass option, then set the Encounter Ratio, and filled out the Pokemon data (all the way!)

But to no avail I get no Pokemon action.

Anyone know what to do?

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
I've got a question. I'm starting a hack of FireRed and I've edited the 50 TMs (and 1 HM) to use different moves, using Item Editor and Move Editor respectively. I edited the description of those moves to match that of the actual move itself, and while that did work for the items, the move descriptions from the original TMs started using the new move descriptions. When I changed the descriptions back to the original, the TM description reverted back to its original description! How do I fix this so I can keep using the original move descriptions while keeping the new moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back