• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pangaea IC

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Pokémon Pangaea
NOTE: Sign-Ups are to be submitted to the OOC!
Spots Open: 6
OOC is found here: (TBA)

Pangaeakopie.png

[ Plot Information ]
Spoiler:

[ Jade Miller (Fuyu) ]

363.gif

Poro (Spheal ♂) - Lv. 11
Ability: Thick Fat
Type: Ice/Water
Moves: Signal Beam, Defense Curl, Powder Snow, Growl, Watergun, Encore

328.gif

Trapinch ♂ - Lv. 7
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Type: Ground
Moves: Mud Shot, Bite

[ Xander Knight (Romdinner) ]

037.gif

Vulpix ♀ - Lv. 11
Ability: Flash Fire
Type: Fire
Moves: Heat Wave, Ember, Tail Whip, Roar

090.gif

Shellder ♀ - Lv. 7
Ability: Skill Link
Type: Water
Moves: Rapid Spin, Tackle, Withdraw, Supersonic

[ Aurum Wehementhi (Mr. Mammoth) ]

559.gif

Knuckle (Scraggy♂) - Lv. 10
Ability: Moxie
Type: Dark/Fighting
Moves: Zen Headbutt, Leer, Low Kick, Sand Attack, Faint Attack

023.gif

Ekans ♀ - Lv. 8
Ability: Intimidate
Type: Poison
Moves: Poison Fang, Leer, Wrap, Poison Sting, Bite

[ Dahlia von Throne (Miss Doronjo) ]

111.gif

Rhyhorn ♀ - Lv. 10
Ability: Rock Head
Type: Ground/Rock
Moves: Ice Fang, Horn Attack, Tail Whip, Stomp

[ Zaira Montes (Meganium90) ]

165.gif

Bee (Ledyba) ♀ - Lv. 12
Ability: Early Bird
Type: Bug/Flying
Moves: Drain Punch, Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch

278.gif

Windy (Wingull♀) - Lv. 12
Ability: Keen Eye
Type: Water/Flying
Moves: Twister, Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

192.gif

Sunflora ♂ - Lv. 9
Ability: Chlorofyl
Type: Grass
Moves: Nature Power, Absorb, Pound, Growth, Mega Drain, Ingrain

[ Carlos Fierro (Turkish Delight) ]

605.gif

Algyem ♂ - Lv. 14
Ability: Synchronize
Type: Psychic
Moves: Teleport, Confusion, Growl, Heal Block, Miracle Eye

023.gif

Ekans ♀ - Lv. 10
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Leer, Wrap, Poison Sting, Bite

341.gif

Corphish ♂ - Lv. 11
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Dragon Dance, Bubble, Harden, ViceGrip

[ Rebekah Argent (Royal) ]

048.gif

Venonat ♀ - Lv. 17
Ability: Compoundeyes
Type: Bug/Poison
Moves: Secret Power, Tackle, Disable, Supersonic, Confusion, Poison Powder, Leech Life

328.gif

Trapinch ♂ - Lv. 12
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Bite, Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Sand Tomb

261.gif

Poochyena ♀ - Lv. 14
Ability: Quick Feet
Type: Dark
Moves: Ice Fang, Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite

058.gif

Growlithe ♂ - Lv. 14
Ability: Intimidate
Type: Fire
Moves: Morning Sun, Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer, Odor Sleuth, Helping Hand

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hey guys, if you want to sign up for this RP you're looking in the wrong thread. Here's where your SUs and reservations go. I'm sure Swan will want your sign ups though. :)

Sorry if I'm overstepping boundaries Swan and everyone ^_^

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Chapter I : Amphípolis ]

Amphi.jpg

Amphípolis is a small village at the very top of Pangaea. It was chosen as the starting point for the foreign journeyers mostly because it was at the very top of Pangaea's one main road, which made it an easy place to start. The two was built on a rocky hill on a peninsula, making it perfect for a fishing village, especially in a region like Pangaea where accessing the sea oftn means scaling meters-high cliffs. The fishing business is everywhere in Amphípolis. From the long piers with fisher's boats to the smell of salt and fish that's all over the town. During the day the boats can be seen all throughout the visible sea, and known to spread out even more where the eye can't see. Amphípolis lives for the sea.

Professor Cypress is the professor active in Pangaea. Originally from Hoenn she's had a big part in getting Project First Contact up and running. She's an old, dark-skinned woman dressed like the locals in a long and colourful cotton dress and an equally colourful and patterened bandana on her head hiding her curly black hair. She's been amongst the locals from the start and has been accepted fully as one of them. She's a bright woman, both in intellect and disposition and holds boundless of love for the region. She doesn't have a lab, though she does have a house in Coloseá. She's temporarily come to Amphípolis to hand the Pokémon to the new arriving trainers.

You'll each arrive in the Amphípolis harbor by boat separately where Cypress wil be waiting for you with a suitcase and a Pangaean assistant next to her. Each of you will have a pre-determined Pokémon and after confirming your identity she'll hand you the proper one from the suitcase. The assistant will give you 5 extra empty Pokéballs, a Pokédex (with the instructions not to flaunt it too much as the technology is still very much foreign to the local population) and a trainer card. The card contains a magnetic swipe strip with your information on it that you will use in Pokémon Centers and other locations to get free help or free use of equipment as an official contender in the Pangaean Pokémon League. Don't lose it for there are no replacements.

After this you might choose to check out Amphípolis, though there isn't much to see. The locals will be quite curious to see the foreigners but besides being pointed at and whispered about there's not much to do in the town. Your next step will be to head to the Via. There's no mistaking it, really, it's the only paved road in the entire region.

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must travel to Pangaea.
- You must meet with Professor Cypress, receive your starter, Pokéballs, Pokédex and Trainer Card
- You may write this in one post or combine it with the Via Part 1.
- You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you will all arrive at a different time. However you may meet you own created NPC trainers.

[ The Via Part I ]

section2-tvl-backto--media-4-quizX5Fid-z20080924142546322X2Dw007.dbplc.comX2DX54X50X2DX50rocessor55X2D16790-u-20080924142546322X2Dw007.dbplc.comX2DX54X50X2DX50rocessor55X2D16790-z-f.jpeg

The Via is a paved road that is about 1 Pokémon-drawn cart thick. This usually isn't a problem because most of the carts that use the Via always go towards Colosaé in the early morning to sell their goods and return from Colosaé in the afternoon to get back to work. This means that during the very early morning hours (the market in Colosaé begins at 7:00, so the closer to the White City you get the later the carts come) and the afternoon hours (The market stops at 12:00) the road will be quite busy with these carts, especially the closer you get to the capital city. For now you won't have to worry about that much, only two or three merchants in Amphípolis can afford to go to Colosaé and back.

This part off the road is quite a pleasant one. There's a strip of dunes on either side of the Via which turn into small strips of beaches which then turn to clear-blue strips of sea. Pangaea, during this time of year, is quite a hot country and the sea might offer a welcome refreshment for those not used to the heat though the sea wind should help as well/. Pangaea's seas have a beautiful turquoise shade to them and are quite clear, you should easily be able to see the bottom of the water, as if there's nothing in its way in the first place. The beach is also a rare occurrence as 85% of Pangaea's coastline is cliffs, with 10% stony shore and a small 5% of actual sandy beach. It might not be a bad idea to make some use of it!

[ Pokémon Available: ]

Shelder

090.gif

Level: 5-8
Moves: Tackle, Withdraw, Supersonic
Rarity: Common

Wingull

278.gif

Type: Water/Flying
Moves: Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic

Ekans

023.gif

Moves: Leer, Wrap, Poison Sting

Horsea

116.gif

Moves: Bubble, Smoke Screen, Leer
Rarity: Uncommon

Corfish

341.gif

Moves: Bubble, Harden
Rarity: Uncommon

Wailmer

320.gif

Moves: Splash, Growl, Water Gun
Rarity: Rare

Finneon

456.gif

Moves: Pound, Water Gun
Rarity: Rare

Frillish

592.gif

Type: Water/Ghost
Moves: Bubble, Water Sport, Absorb
Rarity: Very Rare

Trapinch

328.gif

Moves: Bite
Rarity: Very Rare

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must go into the Via.
- You may catch the Pokémon you battled.
- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.
- You may write this in one post or combine it with Professor Amphípolis.
- You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you will all enter the Via at a different time. However you may meet you own created NPC trainers.

[ Notes on catching a Pokémon : ]

- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not. I cannot stress this enough.
- The better your post is, the higher the level of your Pokémon
- If the Pokémon you are after is Very Rare, your post will have to be above-average in order to catch it.
- If your post is exceptionally well-written and/or entertaining, there is a change your Pokémon will get an Egg Move.​

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Aurum Wehementhi
On a boat (No joke intended)
--------------------------------------------

Urrgh… Aurum leaned over the side of the boat that was currently ripping through the waves in an effort to reach the Pangaea Region. Traveling over water was not really the sixteen-year old's forte, in fact he hated it. What was the meaning of traveling somewhere if you were gonna' get sick while doing it? After another wave of unpleasantness, Aurum sank down onto one of the chairs that were on the deck. At least the boat-crew had the courtesy to provide him with that.

"Are you okay sir?" A man with a black costume asked him.

"Do I look like I'm okay Jorgen?" Aurum retorted with a sour look on his face.

"Well… No." Aurum's muscular bodyguard answered a bit shifting.

"There ya' have it." Aurum said. "Did we have to go by boat? Why couldn't we have taken a plane or something else?"

"This was the only way to travel to Pangaea. Besides, didn't you agree to come here despite knowing the circumstances sir?" Jorgen asked him.

Aurum's look grew even sourer, "Don't get smart with me Jorgen. Also, you can cut the 'sir'-crap, I'm just sixteen years old for Zekrom's sake! You're even more than double as old as me!"

Jorgen looked down for a moment. That comment about being more than double age of Aurum had dented his self-esteem a little bit. But instead of dwelling on the subject, he spoke up,
"But sir, I'm but a humble bodyguard to you."

"Pshesh," Aurum snorted, "You're more than a bodyguard to me, you don't need to call me 'sir'. I've known you since I was little for crying out loud! I think that sixteen years would be more than enough for two people to become familiar with each other!"

"I guess that's not the case here!" Jorgen laughed. The muscular man's laughter eased up Aurum's expression a bit until he too, broke out into laughter.
"Besides, I like calling you 'sir'. Think of it as… as sort of an… affection."

"How awfully sweet of you Jorgen, are you gonna' bring me roses next?" Aurum laughed.

"Well, not really since I remember the last time you touched a rose and-"

"Okay, okay, shut up." Aurum said, his expression becoming a little sourer again.

"I'm sorry if I offended you sir."

"Cut it with the 'sir'-crap already! When my father isn't around, I'M the head of the Wehementhi-family! So that means that what I say goes, no matter what!" Aurum exclaimed.

"I really don't feel comfortable calling you by your first name si-" Jorgen halted the sentence when he caught Aurum's angry glare, "I-I mean Aurum."

"You know Jorgen?" Aurum said, "My father always told me to trust no one besides my Pokémon. But since I've never had any Pokémon, my trust has gone into you instead."

"So… Are you saying that I look like a Pokémon to you?" Jorgen asked.

"Well… To be honest, you could give a Gurdurr a good run for his money." Aurum answered with a hint of amusement in his voice. Jorgen burst out laughing; he'd never heard that comparison before.

"We're here!" the captain's high-pitched voice shrilled trough the boat. Aurum rose up from his seat with a sigh, taking his last chance to spit whatever gruesomeness was left in his mouth and cracked his knuckles. Finally, they were here.

The sun was shining brightly, so brightly that Aurum had to put one of his hands on front of his face to obstruct the sharp sunlight. He took a deep breath, the sharp, salt-like smell almost made him cough loudly, but he kept his calm and started walking. It was a beautiful town he had arrived in, its harbor was nothing compared to the one in Castelia, but that didn't necessarily make it bad. Jorgen undid the top button of his blazer as it, in combination with the heat, was nearly choking him. To be honest, Aurum kinda felt bad for him. Out in the sun like this with nothing but black clothing must be quite harsh.

"Hello there! Enjoying the heat?"

A voice that was energetic and full of warmth, much like the current weather, rung out on the docks. Aurum looked up to see where the voice had come from, his hand still shielding his eyes. Even though his vision was partly obstructed, the young man could make out two pairs of legs belonging to their respective bodies which he could only see the lower half of. As they drew closer, Aurum could now see them fully. He presumed that the one who had greeted them must be the old, dark-skinned woman.

"Hu-Hello." Huffed Jorgen, you could clearly see that the sun was taking a lot of energy out of him.

"May I ask for the confirmation of your identity?" the dark-skinned woman asked, she looked at Aurum.

"This is Aurum Wehementhi." Jorgen said in a calm tone, "He's here to explore the region, just like it was said that he could do."

"Oh, of course! Now that your introduction is done, let me present myself. I'm Professor Cypress, the Pangaea region's own professor. And since you've confirmed your identity, I will be happy to give you your starter Pokémon," she opened the suitcase, that Aurum surprisingly hadn't noticed before, and took out a red and white sphere. Aurum knew perfectly well what this was, a Pokéball containing a Pokémon. He had seen many like them in his life, but never had he owned one himself… A shine of excitement came upon his face as he took the Pokéball in his hand. It was cold, but soon felt a little warmer due to Aurum's body-heat nestling itself into it.

"Next up is your spare Pokéballs," Cypress said happily. If Aurum didn't know better, he could almost have sworn that she was about as excited as he was over this as he was… Nonetheless, Aurum was now handed five more Pokéballs, however these were empty. Obviously they were for catching other Pokémon.

"Then your PokéDex," Cypress chattered on. Now Aurum was given a small, red object. Inspecting it closer, it almost looked like a deranged PokéGear… The teen quickly flipped it open without a word and started to inspect it. He browsed through pages and pages of different Pokémon, some of which he had never even heard of!
"I can see that you've taken a liking to it!" Professor Cypress smiled at him, "But don't go around flaunting it too much, this is still new technology and a lot of people would very much like to get their hands on it, if you understand."

"Of course I understand!" he thought, "Stealing isn't really a rare occurrence where I come from."

"And finally we have this!" The last item was given to Aurum. He knew what this was as well, a Trainer Card, but not just ANY Trainer Card; it was his own personal Trainer Card!
"This Trainer Card holds a magnetic strap that you can swipe to register yourself in PokéCenters so that you'll get free help or free use of equipment. It can be used in many different places!" Cypress said happily, but then her tone went down a notch and she looked right into Aurum's emerald eyes, "But DO NOT lose this item, for it is un-replaceable! So, have you gotten everything?"

"Yes ma'am." Aurum said.

"So! Then you're ready to take off! I suggest that you go directly to the Via, it's a road that leads from here to the next city, you can hardly miss it! So, I wish you good luck on your adventure in the Pangaea Region!"

"T-Thank you ma'am!" Aurum said, almost unable to contain his excitement.
"Well then Jorgen…" he turned to his bodyguard, "I guess this is goodbye for now."

"Yeah. Goodbye s- I-I mean Aurum." Jorgen said and handed Aurum his shoulder-bag, he started to move towards the boat. Aurum on the other hand, put the shoulder-bag over his shoulder and started to move away from the docks and into the Pangaea Region.

"Man… I really don't like doing this to Aurum; he said that he trusted me…"

"Don't be such a wimp Jorgen! The boss told us to keep an eye out for his kid so nothing bad happens to him! It's as simple as that!"

"But I still don't feel okay doing this…"

"Well you have to, the boss' orders, remember? Come on now, let's roll."

"Sigh…"

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Mr. Mammoth - What a great start! It seems like we'll see some more of Jorgen in the future then.

Aurum received a Scraggy!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
[ Dahlia, Chapter I, Part I ]

The sea was pretty calm and gentle en route to the region of Pangaea, so much that it seemed almost boring. I didn't matter though; the excitement of arriving in this region produced far more excitement than the boat trip. At least for Dahlia von Throne, it was. Dahlia arrived in Pangaea, coming from her hometown of Mosdeep City from Hoenn. When she heard about the news of a possible new journey in this region, she was ecstatic; she had never really gone out in the world all by herself before, because even if she did, she'd be lost for hours due to her bad sense of direction.

As she stepped out of the wooden boat she was traveling in, she stopped to take a nice, deep breath of land air as she stretched out her arms. She has officially stepped into foreign land. She looked to her left, seeing fishermen on their own fishing boats having the time of their lives trying to catching huge hauls. Well, that was from Dahlia's perspective anyway.

"How many times do I have to tell you?!" a man in a local fishing boat, meanwhile, barked. "You HAVE to save your game by opening the menu with the X button before you fish!"

"And how many times have I told you?!" another man shouted. "YOU'RE CRAZY! And for the love of pete, what in blazes is an 'X button'?"

Then the first man unintentionally held a fairly large trout in his left hand, as he used it to point at the other man to prove him wrong, until the trout slipped out of the vendor's hands, and slapped the other fisherman right in the face.

"Uh... sorry, that was an accident - I didn't mean to throw that..." the save-crazy man mumbled, with his face glowing beet red, as he rushed over to the other fisherman to see if he wasn't hurt.

"Great, now this hat is ruined forever..." the fisherman lamented as the save-crazy man tried to remove the fish away from the other fisherman, only for it to slip away and flop on top of the fisherman's head.

"WHY IS IT STILL ALIVE?!" the man pondered.

"GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!!" the fisherman repeated, in a slow panic.

Soon Dahlia stepped in a few feet in the harbor, where she soon saw a lady with another person; the lady had a strange suitcase, where Dahlia hoped the two people were not part of those... 'gangs' where people handed large amounts of money to pay for god-knows-what. Dahlia then thought that maybe she shouldn't let the two of them see her, however, that plan was soon void as soon as the lady nearby waved to her and approached her with the suitcase, and the person beside her following after. Dahlia gulped.

"Ah, good morning to you!" the dark-skinned lady greeted. She then had a quick gaze upon Dahlia's clothing, as Dahlia stood there, not making any sudden movements. "From the look of your clothing, I see that you're not from this region. You must be one of the new trainers from elsewhere!"

"Y-yes I am," Dahlia stuttered. "I'm Dahlia... Dahlia von Throne and it is indeed an honor to step inside your infamous hometown and region and it is an honor for me to be in your line and sight and PLEASE-FOR-THE-LOVE-OF-MOED-LAWNS-DON'T-DO-ANYTHING-BAD-TO-ME--"

"Hehe... relax," the lady suggested. "We don't bite at all. Anyway, you said your name is Dahlia? I've been expecting you! My name is Professor Cypress. The one beside me is my humble assistant." The assistant then bowed their head as Dahlia began to feel more comfortable.

"Oh, um, forgive and pardon me then!" Dahlia said while bowing. "Professor, this region is quite beautiful! Nothing like this even exists in Hoenn..."

"Oh, I do know that fact," Cypress said with a chuckle. "You see, I'm from Hoenn myself."

"Outstanding!" Dahlia replied with glee. "When I've heard about this project from Hoenn, I knew it was fate that I had to come in here! Well, to be more accurate, it wasn't fate at all; scientifically speaking, I knew it would be a great gesture in the name of science."

"I see," Cypress said. "You're quite the science eccentric then!"

"INDEED!" Dahlia beamed, as the assistant blinked. "Yes! Isn't it amazing?! Ahh, the power of science. It is my life."

"Well, in any case," Cypress began. "I believe it is time to give you youuuuuuur..." she then turned to her assistant. "Might I get a drum roll?"

"Ugh, it's always with the drum roll with her..." the assistant mumbled silently with a sigh. "DumDumDumDumDumDumDumDum..."

"Your STARTER POKEMON!" Cypress explained. "Yes! Your starter pokemon that will accompany you in this region! Many hardships--"

"DumDumDumDumDumDumDumDum..."

"Uh, you can stop now."

"...DumDum--Oh, okay."

"As I was saying," Cypress continued. "Many hardships and obstacles will naturally come in your way during this journey, but, alongside your partner pokemon, I trust that you will preserver and reach your goal on becoming a successful pokemon trainer in this beautiful, humble region." Cypress once again turned to her assistant. "The pokemon, if you please!"

"Yes Ma'am!" the assistant obeyed, as they took the suitcase from the professor, placed it on the ground, opened it, and out rolled out a few pokeballs. Dahlia as thrilled; she never really saw pokeballs up that close before! As the assistant returned the majority of the pokeballs back in the suitcase, the assistant kept one and closed up back the suitcase. The assistant then gave the pokeball to the professor, to give the pokeball to Dahlia. Dahlia took a quick glace at the pokeball in her hands, then back to the professor.

"Go on, open it. Press the button at the middle," Professor Cypress instructed. "You'll like it, I promise."

Dahlia nodded as she opened the pokeball. The pokeball opened, releasing energy that materialized to a fairly large rough and rocky-looking pokemon who stood on all fours. The pokemon had it's eyes closed, but soon opened them slowly, as it was apparent that it was not used to being engaged sunlight.

"Rhy...Rhyhorn..." (Oh god...natural light...) the pokemon grumbled. Dahlia blinked.

"What in the name of Sabarian bobcats - I was led to believe that starter pokemon were small and slim!" Dahlia cringed upon staring at her new pokemon. "How is this one so fat?"

"Rhyhorn, Rhy, Horn! Horn..." (Oh hello! I'm Rhyhorn! And I'm the one who's NOT judging you on your appearance!) the pokemon cried while she rolled her eyes, followed with a silent remark: 'I outta stomp you'.

"Dahlia, that is a Rhyhorn," Professor Cypress explained. "Normally, Rhyhorns are about 3 feet, weighing 253 pounds. This Rhyhorn is quite small compared to others, actually." The Rhyhorn then stuck out it's tongue at Dahlia.

"I see!" Dahlia smiled as she squatted down towards her new pokemon. "Well, my name is Dahlia von Throne! I suppose from now on, I'm your new trainer! Mmm, come to think of it, scientifically, you're kinda cute... once you see pass all these thorns and craggy areas..."

"Rhyhorn." (I smell stomps on you.)

"In any case Dahlia," Cypress began as the assistant came forward with five pokeballs, handing them over to Dahlia. "These pokeballs are empty. You'll be able to catch pokemon with these pokeballs. But it's not all that easy. First, you have to weaken the wild pokemon with your own pokemon. Then, throw your pokeball, once it's weakened. Soon, with a little luck, Ta'da! You've got a brand new pokemon!"

"I see!" Dahlia smiled as she grinned at her Rhyhorn. "Scientifically, I'll be counting on you then!"

"Next we have this," Cypress said as she took out a rectangular, red device, and handed it to Dahlia. "This is the Pokemon encyclopedia, or the 'pokedex' for short. Use this to record any and all data of various pokemon, including your Rhyhorn."

"What a scientific technological marvel!" Dahlia said, impressed, as she felt the smooth pokedex with her face. "I have heard of these but never actually gotten to touch one before! Ohhhh the size, the texture... oooooh the texture!! I can't get enough of it!"

"Rhyhorn." (Get a room.)

"Ahem, yes," Cypress said with a cough. "Try and not to flounder that about in this region, yeah? The locals in this region don't really know this sort of technological advancement... if you know what I mean."

"No matter, science is not just restricted to technology," Dahlia explained, seeming to go on her own little world. "Science is... life...!"

"Right," Cypress continued, taking out a small card. "Finally, we have this - it's your trainer card."

"OH! DOES IT UNLOCK THE HIDDEN SECRETS OF THIS REGION?!"

"No."

"DOES IT UNLOCK A SUPER SECRET LABORATORY!?"

"No, this is your trainer's ID," Cypress explained. "This card contains a magnetic swipe strip with your information on it that you will use in Pokémon Centers and other locations to get free help or free use of equipment as an official contender in the Pangaean Pokémon League. However, I implore you not to lose it; you won't get any replacements, I'm sad to say. Now, did you understand everything?"

Dahlia smiled as she nodded.

"Great!" Cypress smiled. "With that, I should tell that while you're here, you can visit the town of Amphípolis! It's really beautiful, and it can help you a lot in your curious... field studies. Or, if you want, you can simply go to the Via; a marble road that connects to a town called Colosaé. Your choice!"

So many things to do... Dahlia thought. But so little time!

"Well, I'm off!" the professor said as she carried her suitcase, walking off with her assistant following behind. "Good luck on your journey, Dahlia! Tell me how it goes, okay?"

"Not a problem!" Dahlia called out while waving. "Goodbye, professor! Thanks!" She then once again turned to her Rhyhorn. "We are gonna have lots of scientific fun with you on my side! Now, why don't we start with a field experiment; studying the effects of pollen under a simple Agilent nuclease fragment---"

"Rhy..." (Oh deerling, what have I gotten into...)

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Miss Doronjo - Oh, oh my. I can see that I'll enjoy Dahlia's run quite a lot haha.

Dahlia received a Rhyhorn!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Jade Miller
Post 1: Merrily we roll along~

This was Jade's first time on a boat. Her first observation: water made things bounce.

In particular, it was making her bounce, which felt weird on her legs. As a result, she had to sit on a bench and make sure not to let go for anything other than her skirt.Rule three of mother's important behaviors of a girl: the unseen are just as important as the seen. So don't let anyone up your skirt. She nodded to herself. When she was a child, skirts with shorts were common. Now it was just too much and she settled for a skirt alone. Jade certainly enjoyed the breeze on her legs because of it.

The boat rocked with the waves, a little more gently this time and Jade shook her head with a giggle, blowing her hair back behind her ears. Her second observation: the sea breeze was just as nice as the flower-scented winds of Verdanturf. She fiddled with her clip, disregarding the oddity that was her thought process. The furthest she had ever been was Slateport and though by the harbor, it wasn't the same as being on a boat and experiencing it for herself. That was something she reminded herself, a warning of her stepfather's.

"It is one thing to be near an experience and see the wonder; it is quite another to be immersed in it. Do not assume you understand everything until you step into it fully."

That sort of statement really made her wonder if Damien-Father, she mentally corrected without missing a beat, call him what he is- really had approved of her doing this like she said she wanted to. Her expression became minutely downcast at the thought. It wasn't his fault though, she knew that. He didn't approve of her lifestyle but was at a loss at how to change it. Now that she was here, it was a bit late for him to try. The sounds of excited chirping filled her ears before something flopped out of the water, landing in her lap.

"Oh! Hello there!" She giggled as the Shellder flopped to face her. It stuck out its tongue at her, either pleased as punch or annoyed. Jade couldn't tell. She did recognize Shellder from books though. "You just escaped being someone's lunch didn't you?" It blew a raspberry, which she took to mean yes, wiping her face carefully. "Well, let's be more careful then shall we? You aren't a big scary Cloyster just yet!" It gave her a look of disbelief as Jade threw the creature back out into the water. Watching it skip and sink back down in the water made her frown, but the announcement above her ears quickly caused her to forget about it.

"We are now reaching Amphipolis. Please gather your belongings and head to the exit. Thank you for sailing with us and we hope to work with you again."

Jade smiled. She was here, here! She was in a place where she could maybe, just maybe, accomplish her dream. Or at least pay for it. As people walked past her toward the exit, a sudden thought fell into her mind. What Pokemon am I gonna get? The thought made her nervous. I hope it doesn't hate me... whatever it is.

"Come on lass off ya get," shouted the cheery voice of the captain. "We gotta restock the ship!"

Jade jumped, black hair swirling for a moment. "A-Ah, aye sir!" She hurried down the ramp, careful to not trip. This was why she didn't wear heeled shoes. She wasn't crazy enough to risk falling on her journey. The boat captain smiled indulgently.

"Be careful out there lass," he warned. "It be a scary world."

Jade turned pink and curtsied hurriedly. She certainly hadn't expected that sort of remark from a stranger. Everyone seemed to love giving advice. "Th-Thank you sir," she told the man, remembering her manners at the last minute. "I hope it won't be too scary." With that, she left the dock, toward her adventure.

---

"Kya~ So pretty!"

Jade's composure was gone as she stared at the fishing town. It was so big and natural! It was very different from Slateport, which was more modern. Amphipolis was like a water version of Verdanturf, at home with nature. The sea air was just everywhere, everywhere! Ooh... maybe my starter will like the water too! I hope so! She would have to go swimming while she was here. It would definitely be fun. The girl couldn't help but clap her hands in excitement. "This feels great!"

"Well aren't you excitable?" The female voice that spoke had a smile in it, wry and friendly. Jade blinked, turning to face a woman in a colorful dress. Jade's eyes sparkled at the sight of it.

"Wow~" she gushed, momentarily out of words. "Y-Your dress..."

The dark-skinned elder let out another chuckle, shifting the suitcase in her hand. "Well, that's a different type of greeting. I am Professor Cypress and by the look of you, you're from Hoenn aren't you?"

Jade felt her cheeks heat up. Oh wow, this was embarrassing, gushing over the poor professor who was supposed to help her. The person next to her, her assistanUrgh... okay, fix this, calm down. "Yes ma'am," she replied, fixing her expression to her sweet natural smile, fidgeting with her hair clip. "My name is Jade Miller and I'm from Verdanturf. I'm sorry about that."

"Why ever would you be?" Cypress asked with a curious tilt of the head. "It's an adventure!" The old woman's demeanor was suddenly five times more vibrant and eager, making Jade's head spin a little. "Now then, since you've confirmed who you are to me, I believe it is all right to present you with what you need." Jade nodded, hiding her nervousness. Here it was, here it was! Oh gosh oh gosh.... The woman pulled out a Pokeball, allowing Jade to take it in one hand. "Click the button in the middle," Cypress ordered, eagerness making her voice quiver." Jade nodded and pressed the button.

In a flash of white light, out formed a round blue and beige seal. It trained beady black eyes on Jade and grinned widely. "Sphe~" Without preamble, the Pokemon barreled into her legs, making her skirt flutter. Jade flushed pink and giggled at the same time, using one hand to catch the floating fabric. "Hi Spheal!" she crooned, crouching down to pet its head. "Perfect choice, just perfect. You're so cute. I'm going to call you Poro, because you roll." The chubby seal seemed to grin again as Jade pulled herself toher feet and curtsied again. "Thank you! He's a wonderful Pokemon."

"The gift-giving ain't over yet," muttered the assistant, goodnaturedly amused. "Here you are lass." Unknown to them, Jade's heart swelled at the nickname as she took a red rectangle from the woman.

"That would be a Pokedex and do be careful with keeping it around," Cypress instructed smoothly.

"Because it's expensive," Jade asked, fiddling with it a little bit. That would have been her reason anyway. Few trainers were readily given Pokedexes after all.

"no because it's not common knowledge over here on Pangaea. The locals are adapting, but we need to give them time."

Jade nodded slowly, placing it in her bag without delay. "I understand."

"Good girl, you pick up quick." She was then handed five Pokeballs and a card, the latter of which she instantly stored in a side pocket of her bag. Jade already knew not to lose that. "Judging by the look on your face, you know the rest of the drill," Cypress chuckled. "Well, far be it from me from stopping adventurers! Go off and do your best!"

Jade smiled. "Yes ma'am, we will." Jade walked off the dock and into Amphipolis. "First stop," she told the rolling seal. "The beach! You and I are going to be best friends by the end of today. Okay?"

Poro slurred. "Sphe-ee~!"

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Fuyu - Man I love Jade already, she's so excitable <3 I'll look forward to your next post!

Jade received a Spheal (Poro)!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Xander Knight
Chapter 1 - Part 1
*Vast ocean and Amphipolis*

" Setting foot on new grounds! "

The wind was blowing gently and brushed Xander's face as he turned the page to the book he was reading. He was sitting comfortable on a deck chair, having only the clear blue sky to watch over him. The boy had been sailing on the cruise liner for two days now, and, despite having been bought and all inclusive ticket, didn't really care to experience all the ship had to offer. However, sitting in the sun with a good book and swimming in the main pool was good enough for Xander to relax himself a bit before the dawn of his journey. He was really looking forward to getting his very first pokemon, even if you couldn't really tell by looking at him, and finally being able to say that it was his own.

" Wing…Wingull!!!"

Xander looked up and saw some kind of bird like pokemon flying along with the ship. He had never seen such a pokemon, as he was accustomed only to those in his native region, Johto. Closing his book he got up and put it on the chair. Seeing wildlife above the ship meant one thing: they were getting close to shore. Xander made his way from the chair to the front of the ship and leaned himself on the safety bars. The island which was his destination, was in plain sight, getting larger and larger with every wave that hit the lower part of the ship. From where he was standing, the island looked like it was stretched for miles and miles, but that wasn't something that would be taken into account by Xander, now the world was his oyster and he intended to enjoy this opportunity to the fullest. He sat there motionless looking at the island, his air being blown by the wind from time to time.

" Hey is this seat taken?" a voice called from behind.
The boy turned around only to be faced with a smaller version of a Snorlax. The man which looked like was in his early thirties, was pointing at the empty chair where Xander stood only moments ago. Xander looked at the chair puzzled. Didn't the proper placed towel and the just left book bring any idea of it being occupied to the man? Or the bag place next to it?.........." Ok maybe I'm just over-thinking this. " he thought before saying anything.

" Yes it is. " he said starting to walk over to the chair. " However you may use it as you please. I am just about to leave." He said grabbing the book and the towel he was given by the crew.

" Oh what a relief. It would have been a drag to try and find another one. " the man said coming over to his new spot for the next few hours or so. He took the towel he was holding from his arm pit and stretched it on the chair.

" Seems everything is here. " Xander said to himself putting the book in the bag and quickly scanning the interior of it to see if he took all his things earlier that morning from his room. He got up and started to walk towards the front deck.

" Young man! Wait a minute!" he was immediately called after not making even three steps. " Could you be kind and hold this sun lotion for me." He requested handing the item over to Xander.

"Ummm oook!" he said a bit confused. "But why…"

"Just a minute…" getting on the chair.

" I have..." Xander started to explain.

" In a moment." Stretching his arms up high then started to turn to sit on the chair face down. " All done."

"Ok I'll give this back then." Holding his arm towards the man.

" No no no! Start covering me up so I don't get burnt. " he said suddenly changing his friendly , yet too creepy tone, to a much more imperative and royal one. " You don't have anything better to do. And it'll only take you a few minutes. " he hurried the boy.

" What? " he only mimicked with his mouth, without any sound coming out. Xander couldn't believe his ears. One thing was to take his place, but he wasn't under no circumstance to fulfill his request. However before Xander could say a thing or two to the man, good old karma came into action, and to Xander's very big surprise a passing Wingull dropped a very gooey present on the back of the man.

"Now was it that hard? Put the bottle down and you may take your leave." The man said when he felt the gooey stuff spreading on most of his back.

" As…hihi….you wish…hihi…master! "
Xander replied with a dose of sarcasm, trying his hardest not to laugh out loud. He backed away quickly from the man and after he took a corner and was out of sight burst into laughter, laughing his hearth. " Now that's something you don't see every day!" he said between his laughs as he was getting closer to the front deck. Just when he was about to set foot on the front part of the ship, a large horn screeched the whole ship .

"Attention all passengers!!! This is your captain speaking! The ship will be dropping anchor in two minute. May the people who will take their leave and set foot on Pangaea Island please make their way to the front deck. Please make sure to have all your things with you as the ship will only stay in port for an hour. After that it's smooth sailing towards the Unova region. Thank you for trusting your hand to Wailord Sea Lines. " the message followed after the horn.

After that, it didn't take long for the ship to reach the port and let its passengers get off of it. There were a lot of people who were pushing their way to reach the shore. Some were here on a holiday trip and some simply wanted to take advantage of the hour they were given, to take a look around town and get back on the ship. Xander was the only one who intended the spend the next months or so here on this newly discovered exotic place.

" Mommy mommy that man was stinky!!!" a little girl told her mother as they came from the very same direction from where Xander did. Xander couldn't help give out a giggle at the statement.

After most of the people finally managed to get off the ship and only few were left to go down the detachable stairs, it was Xander's turn to set foot on the metal frame. He took a deep breath of the salty air and exhaled slowly, then went down the stairs with his bag over his shoulder. As he set foot in the harbour he started walking slowly on the rocky dock with his head up high gazing at the marvellous place. The rustic town was almost similar to the one Xander came from, the only difference being that they had a few modern building scattered around Blackthorn City. Nonetheless, the place was breathtaking. Amphipolis, if Xander remembered correctly, was place in the highest part of the region and was constructed near and on the rocky hill that stood there facing the ocean.

" Could that be him? " a woman asked the man who was holding a medium sized briefcase next to her on the bench.

"Professor did you look at him clearly?" the man asked turning to the woman, after taking a look to where the woman had pointed.

"Yes!" she replied bluntly.

" Then pardon my speaking professor, but why on earth would our future trainer would look like a full grown man. And to top that have his three year old daughter accompany him?" the man asked puzzled.

"Wait what?!" the woman asked surprised, but quickly realized what was going on. " Silly not him, HIM! " averting the man's head by pushing his cheek a bit to the left. " The dark blue haired boy."

" Ohhhhhh. My bad….. yes I think he is one of the trainers starting today. He doesn't really have the aura of a tourist on him and doesn't have any more luggage that his…." But he was quickly cut off.

" I get your point let's go before he leaves." The woman said getting up and straightening her multicoloured dress. The two quickly made their way through the bustling dock and manager to reach the boy as he was looking around with a very calm and cool aura, in search of something.

" Why hello! Are for any chance…." She asked then paused so she could think a bit. "….Xander Knight?" the professor asked after carefully memorizing the people she had to give pokemon too, and the ones she had already given one.

" Yes. Professor Cypress?"

" The one and only. " she replied with a beaming smile on her face. " And this here is my assistant."

" Pleasure to finally meet the both of you. " Xander replied shaking hands with the assistant, but not before he courteously kissed the professors hand. It was rare for Xander to be so friendly and show his true self around new people. However the woman was going to help him achieve his dream so there was no reason to treat her like the slob back home. Indeed Xander wasn't very keen on socializing with other people as he had only been around those who would treat him badly, but those who he deemed worthy were treated with respect. For short he was reluctant to new people, but not cold hearted to those who were caring and good natured.

"Oh my! So formal. " the professor teased him recovering from her blush. " Nice to have you here Xander. We hope you'll find this region to your liking. "

"Ahem!" the assistant coughed.

" Oh yes. Sorry, let's get down to what we're here for." She said turning towards her assistant and slowly opening the briefcase. She took a red and white coloured sphere and placed it into Xander's hand. " This here is your very own starter. It's a very strong and agile pokemon but I have to warn you, it's very cunning and doesn't really trust most people. " the professor explained a bit embarrassed.

" Really?!" Xander said just as he was about to let his pokemon free.

"Yes to make it more clear, I'm the only one it listened to since we got it. "

" I can't tell you how many times it scorched my hair." the assistant added.

"Oh so it's a fire type!" Xander said looking at the ball more intrigued than ever.

"Clever. Yes that's right." The professor replied being surprised that the young man had some knowledge of pokemon types and attacks.

"Let's see what's dwelling in here." Xander said with a smirk on his face and pushed the button and pointed it in front of them. The beam of energy materialized before their eyes into a quadruped fox like pokemon, with six orange tails.

" Pix..." it cried after liking it's paw.

" This here is a Vulpix, a fire type as you correctly assumed and is a female. " the woman said with a half smile – half worried face.

Xander kneeled down in front of the fire pokemon. " I know, we have some back home too. But I've never met one before." he replied with a bit of excitement in his tone.

" I wouldn't do that if I were...." the assistant said seeing Xander stretch his hand towards Vulpix, but stopped as it was too late to warn him now.

" Vul....Vulpix!" the pokemon looked cautiously. The assistant was waiting for the pokemon to open its mouth and use its fiery attack any moment now, but to his surprise the pokemon approached Xander's hand and sniffed it a few times.

"Pix..Vulpix!!" the pokemon cried smiling and started rubbing her cheek onto Xander's hand.

"She seems friendly enough." Xander said a bit confused due to the previous warnings.

"Strangely yes. But it's good to see you'll get along. Now get up, we're still not done. " the woman said reaching for the briefcase again. Here are some extra Pokeballs for your journey..." handing them to Xander that placed them on his belt. "....and of course your Pokedex.....try not to show it off very often as the locals are still getting accustomed to this new technology.....you get the big picture. "

" Yes of course. Thank you."

"Wait there's one more thing......this here is your very own Trainer Card. It will enable you to register into the League and use several facilities like the Pokemon Centre for free. However listen carefully, don't even dare to lose it as we won't be able to get a replacement for you. "

"Understood. I'll take good care of both Vulpix and the other things received."

"That's the spirit. I think it's time for you to start your journey. If you walk straight from here you'll get to the Via road which will take you to your next destination."

" I'll be taking my leave then. Thank you once again for everything you've done for me and I hope we cross path again." Xander said bowing in gratitude towards them. " Vulpix let's get going!" he said towards the little fur ball, who nodded and started following it's trainer as he started walking towards the direction the professor suggested.

"Don't mention it. You have my number written on the paper in the Pokedex so call from time to time!!!" she started shouting like a caring mother, as the boy started to fade into the distance.

"Ok *mom* let's get going. We still have some more appointments to get to." He joked closing the briefcase. " By the way professor, how come he didn't get burnet, bitten or something like that." He asked more confused than Xander had been before.

"Well it's quite simple. Pokemon can sense the nature of a person and respond to it as the like. That Vulpix seems to like only persons are caring yet determined and hardworking at the same time. " she started to explain as they went along the dock.

" I see. " he nodded. " HEY WAY A MINUTE......but wasn't very kind to me! " the assistant shouted out of the blue making the professor giggle.

Well even if the professor's explanation was true or not, Vulpix and Xander's fates have now intertwined and have become a team. A team that was just setting foot into this vast island full of hardships, sorrow and dangerous tasks but also thrilling adventure, mysterious places and a lot of pleasant memories that are waiting to be made and placed in the back of their minds.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Romdinner - Great post! I really like your portrayal of Cypress and her assistant.

Xander received a Vulpix!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Zaira Montes – Boat trip to Pangaea; Amphipolis
Part 1

"Uhhhhgh. I don't feel so good." Woken up after the boat crashed a short wave, Zaira Montes, originally from Iccirus City in Unova, was trying to sleep on a bench while the boat was in motion. She's not used to traveling on boat, though this is not the first time she's ever traveled. She has traveled to Johto on boat before. But this boat ride was quite unpleasant and her temptation to vomit was rising slowly. Though she's trying not to. She didn't want to cause commotion, nor create an embarassing show of her throwing up. Or, at least that's what she thought of in her mind. Zaira at least calmed down a bit, and her nausea was lowered by taking a sip of water from her bottle.

The ocean breeze was a bit more cooler than when she left Iccirus this morning. Her clothes, a black short-sleeved t-shirt with a picture of a white guitar, a short jean skirt, knee-high socks, and black flat shoes were perfect for this type of weather, but she'll want to take off the socks when she gets off the boat. She wants to feel her toes in the sand. What is Pangaea really like? What will these citizens react to Zaira? These and other questions are orbiting Zaira's mind at the moment. Of course, she's heard so much about it on the news, and at school. She was surprised her aunt Marcie allowed her to explore this "wonderful" region. Let's hope it's wonderful, as Zaira's aunt mentioned.

As Zaira wanted to take another look at the ocean, the boat's horn honked. Zaira shrieked, startled, and fell to the ground. She wasn't expecting the horn to be too loud.

"We have now arrived at Amphipolis, Pangaea. Thank you for riding with us and have a nice day!" The Captain of the boat said via intercom.

"Pangaea??" Zaira said, getting up from the ground. "Finally! I've made it!" She got uncontrollably excited, by trying to exit off the boat with the rest of the passengers. As she tried to, she immediately realized..."Oh darn...my bag!"

With her two pink ponytails on the side waving while she passes through the exiting crowd and hesitantly tried to get her bag back, she spots the boat crew sweeping, cleaning, and picking up trash left on the boat deck. She then saw her black leather bag on the bench where she sat during her whole trip. Slowly, she grabbed it...checked to see if she had everything, including her water bottle, and slowly left.
"Don'cha forget your belongings, little lassie!" Out of nowhere, the captain of the boat approached to Zaira. She froze a bit as he approached, thinking he might catch her stealing a purse. But it is actually her purse. Zaira grinned at the captain, and without saying anything, she walked away. The captain smiled and waived at Zaira as she walked off the boat.

The bright sun shined on the town of Amphipolis. The citizens here wore extremely different clothing, even more different than what Zaira is currently wearing. Zaira felt she would be left out of place, but she's from another region. How bad would it be? Zaira, holding her bag with both hands below her abdomen instead of over her shoulder, walked fast, past the former boat passengers and the residents of the city. The rocky pavement made it difficult to walk. As the crowd began to die down quick, Zaira was able to see the actual city again. She couldn't wait to began exploring, but...

"Zaira!" an old lady shouted at her. Zaira turned. She saw the old lady and a younger woman waving from afar. She smiled lightly and walked up towards them.

"You...are looking for me? How do you know my name?" Zaira asked, shyly.

"Why certainly, of course." The old lady said. "I recognize you from your bright pink hair. No one in Pangaea has bright pink hair like you. It's so beautiful and it matches the bright sun."

"Thank you...I guess." Zaira chuckled a bit and smiled. "You must be the professor, right?"

The old lady nodded. "I am Professor Cypress, Zaira. Pokemon Professor of Pangaea. And this is my assistant. She will assist me in officially donning you a Pokemon Trainer."

"Hiya!" The assistant greeted, holding a brown briefcase.

"Nice to meet you two. You...can't tell I am so excited to be a trainer myself." Zaira said. "Pokemon runs within my family, and since I was 13 years old I wanted to be a trainer."

"I heard Pryce, the Mahogany Gym Leader, is your grandfather, is that correct?" The assistant asked Zaira nicely.

"He is, in fact!" Zaira grinned excitedly. "I've visited him numerous times, especially in the summer. He's ecstatic that I'll be going to travel this gorgeous region, and one day I'll be able to challenge him."

"I'm glad you have some 'gym leader' roots in you, Zaira. Many gym leaders start off with a starter Pokemon, and building your team. And that's what you'll be doing." Professor Cypress turned to her assistant. "Open the briefcase, please."

"Way ahead of you, Professor." The assistant opened the briefcase. It contained six Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and a trainer's card. Five of the PokeBalls were empty, while one actually had a Pokemon in it. Professor Cypress took out the Pokeball that had the Pokeball, and glanced at it. He smiled and hands it to Zaira.

"This is your starter Pokemon." she starts to explain. "You may get along, you may fight, you will encounter many, many hardships while being a new trainer yourself. I believe in you, Zaira. I know you'll be able to get through as a trainer. I know you'll make it to the top. You seem like a bright girl, and no I'm not talking about your hair."

"I appreciate that, Professor." Zaira replied. "Seeing these items in the briefcase is making me want to take them and run." She laughed softly, then she glanced over at the Pokeball that was handed to. "May I open to see which Pokemon I have?"

"Certainly, of course!" Professor Cypress grinned. Zaira threw the Pokeball up in the air. As the ball was up above, a white ray aimed right next to Professor Cypress. A small ladybug-like Pokemon appeared, smiling, excited. It immediately grinned at Zaira. Her eyes started to sparkle as she saw this Pokemon for the very first time. It was love at first sight. "Zaira, this is your starter Pokemon, Ledyba."

"It's... it's..." Zaira went speechless for a second. "It's so beautiful! Honestly, it's better than what I expect."

"Beee bee beee!" Ledyba cheered.

"Glad you like it, Zaira." The assistant commented.

"Now that I've gotten the starter Pokemon settled, which I'm surprised she likes you already, I'm going to hand you the Pokedex." She took out the Pokedex, and hands it (along with the instruction manual) to Zaira. "Use it to record any Pokemon information when you see them. It's like an encyclopedia." Then, she hands her five empty Pokeballs. "Here are your balls. Use them to catch Pokemon. You can only carry six Pokemon in your party."

"I understand, Professor!" Zaira said, though she didn't listen to the last part about catching Pokemon. She did know that the pokeballs were about catching Pokemon. "I am just too happy right now. I can't wait to start!" She throws her Pokeballs and the Pokedex in her bag.

"Hold on, Zaira!" Professor Cypress detained her right before she started to run. "You need your Trainer Card too. Can't go off without it." Cypress handed Zaira a small rectangular card. She glances at, as the reflection of the sun hits the card. "Use this card to take advantage of the free services many Pokemon Centers offer all across the region. Trust me, you don't want to lose this card, as it is irreplaceable."

Zaira grinned as she placed her card inside the small pocket of her black leather bag. "I feel like a trainer already. Thank you for everything, Professor Cypress."

"Zaira, you are a trainer." Professor Cypress smiled. "I wish you the best of luck in your journey across Pangaea. Take good care of yourself, and please keep in touch if you can. I would love to hear about your precious journey!"

Ledyba was eager to go with Zaira, as she started to close her bag and started to walk. "Bee bee beeee!"

"I will soon! Thank you, Professor, and I'll see you soon!" Zaira walked off, waiving at the Professor and the assistant. Both of them waved in return.

Entering city limits, Zaira stopped for a second...and turned to her Ledyba, following her, and without saying anything. There were a few townspeople walking around, either buying from shop stands or talking to other people. Zaira obviously didn't feel fit, and starts to feel a bit nervous as she saw a few people staring at her. Maybe it's her pink hair...or the way she is dressed. She ignored and turned to her Ledyba. "You seem quiet. Pokemon are usually....talkative."

"Bee beeeeee." The Ledyba replied, floating next to her. "Bee beeeee bee."

"I should call you Bee. Even though you're...not a bee." Zaira said, "But that's your cry, so it makes sense, yes?" Zaira smiled.

"Bee bee beeee!" Bee, the newly named Ledyba flew and hugged Zaira happily. Then she hugged her in return. "You're so nice and cuddly...I know we're both going to have a great time here in this land..."​

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Meganium90 - Oh, great pot, Ia lo like your portrayal of Cypress, and Ledyba already sounds adorable <3

Zaira received a Ledyba (Bee)!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Carlos Fierro
Chapter One

Part one

'God damn it, why is this taking so long?!' I exclaimed, growing tired of my voyage to Amphípolis, the village where Professor Cypress would be awaiting me. I was out in the open deck of the boat, which was located at the front. I stood at the railing, taking in the scenes of the water. This habitat was home to many species of Pokémon, I could see a few through the sapphire colour of the ocean. The sea breeze blew against my skin and through my hair, much to my dismay. Why did the weather stirive to make looking good so difficult? I snapped out of my daydream to see that land was coming into my line of vision.

I grinned broadly, 'Finally!' I exclaimed. All my excitement was coming to the surface at last, at last. Despite my mother being the main reason I was going on this adventure, I'd always wanted to go on my own Pokémon adventure. Despite this, my family had very little excess money and we couldn't afford to be sending 6 children out and providing for them. Despite this, it had always been my dream to be a Pokémon master, two birds with one stone- 'Hey, you awake there bro? We've docked man,' I heard an American accent that woke me from my daydreams. I immediately bolted upright, and turned around 180 degrees. There stood a tall, dark skinned male. He wore a red t-shirt and a pair of cargo shorts as well as a pair of sports shoes. His eyes were a chocolate-brown colour and his eyebrows were rather thick. His head was shaved and both his nose and his mouth were broad. He was firing a smile at me, which I awkwardly returned. 'The name's Freddy by the way,' he added. 'Oh.. I'm Carlos, nice to meet you..' I replied after regaining my composure. Together we departed the boat, onto the port of Amphípolis, making smalltalk. I learned that Freddy was from the Kanto region, but decided to start his adventure in the newly founded league in the Pangaea region. I briefly skimmed through my history with him as we made our way down the pier, towards the main village.

On our way, we came across an old, dark-skinned woman who was dressed in very bright colours and there was also a man with a briefcase by her side. I was confused, this couldn't be Professor Cypress, could it? 'Hello there,' her musical voice rung, 'I'm Professor Cypress, and you are?' I took a second to clear my throat before I began to speak, 'I'm Carlos Fierro from-' I began but was interrupted by my newly made friend, 'and I'm Freddy!' She looked confused after Freddy stated his name, 'Carlos I've been expecting you, but Freddy I've no idea who you are..' 'Oh that's cool, Professor Oak sent me as Kanto's representative for the region, I already have a Pokémon and a Pokédex, I'm all set!' Freddy stated, as if it were obvious. 'Oh, that's fine then... I suppose. Here Carlos, this is the Pokémon that was reserved for you,' she said gesturing for her assistant to open the briefcase, to which he obliged. She withdrew a Pokéball from the case and handed it to me. I beamed down at the ball, I couldn't contain my excitement and my face betrayed how I felt. The Professor just giggled at me, making me feel slight embarrassed. She then withdrew a Pokédex, a Trainer Card and five empty Pokéballs from the case and handed me each item, all of which I in turn placed in my bag.

The Professor and her assistant then bade me and Freddy goodbye, and the pair of us made our way into the village. On our way, I decided to release my starter to see what my first Pokémon would be. I launched the crimson and white sphere upwards, and in midair the capsule opened releasing an astonishing white light. The light then took the shape of Elgyem, the Cerebral Pokémon. It's large egg shape headed turned towards me as it levitated several feet off the ground. Once the small Pokémon's astonishing green eyes met my own glance, I was completely taken. This Pokémon was undoubtedly the best one there was, nothing could be better. The Pokémon just hovered on the spot staring at me curiously. In two bounds, I dashed towards the Psychic type and pulled it into a hug, 'El-Elgyem!' it exclaimed happily, it was just as ecstatic as me to get a trainer as I was to get a Pokémon. We looked lovingly into each others eyes, this was definitely the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Freddy just stood there, acting as if he didn't know who I was as the locals past and shot bewildered looks in my direction.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Turkish Delight - Well if that isn't a perfect start of an adventure than what is?

Carlos received an Algyem!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
(Ow... hope this works!)

Jade Miller
Post 2: You are my sunshine~

Was the beach hiding?

Jade looked all around the Via path with dismay. There was a lot of sand... but not that much water... Poro rolled just behind her feet, bumping into her every few seconds. "Maybe I'm just looking wrong... Eep!" Birds flew over her head and she ran to avoid the possible droppings... only for a Wingull to blow into her face. She shrieked as she yanked the poor creature off, only to sigh in relief at the sight of the bird.

Spitting out a feather, she giggled, letting the Wingull perch onto her arm. "Hello there!" she greeted happily. It cawed at her, looking impatient. "'Scuse me, but can you show us where a beach is?" Jade gestured to herself and Poro, who grinned lazily up at the bird. "I can't find one and I really wanna swim." The bird stared at them both and took off, flapping and cawing at them as it went further ahead. "Erm... think that means follow?" she asked her new Pokemon, who shrugged and began to roll after him. Jade was left behind, causing the girl to squeal and follow, kicking up dust with each step.

"Wa-a-it!" The caw that answered was likely anything but complimentary but Jade didn't care, hoping her guide knew what he was doing. She passed a few people, who gave her the oddest looks. She didn't care too much, following the bird slowly onto sand which gave way to sea. It was a tiny strip of beach and naturally, the Wingull were everywhere.

Poro rolled around her excitedly and Jade anxiously looked for a rock to change behind. Finding one, she darted under its cover... and promptly tripped, falling on her face. "Ow..." Opening her eyes, she faced an orange, insect-like Pokemon with a large head. Jade stifled a cry of surprise. Trapinch... Mauville had been close to a desert where she had read about them residing. Now... Jade didn't have any experience battling but she knew a lot about Pokemon. She had lived right by a Battle Tent and visited the school and Rustboro Gym. She had knowledge and knowledge indicated this stare could go down for a while.

Maybe being nice would get it to stop. "Is this your spot?" Stare. "I-Is it all right if I change here?" It stared again, this time making an odd motion with its head. "Ah... thuh-thank you..." This was weird. Your body is your secret. Divulge it to only those who deserve it. She didn't think the Trapinch was a peeper... but it just kept watching her. Her face turned pink. Jade was rather afraid to command it to stop though. She had read its jaws could crush large boulders. So she silently began to change, slipping as quickly as she could into the blue swimdress and skirt that she wore. And the Trapinch just did. Not. BLINK. "Um... sorry for disturbing you?" Trapinch watched her then slowly turned to bury itself in the sand. "G-Good bye..." It grunted.

...Ookay.

Jade decided to forget that had happened for the most part, placing her belongings by another rock, Pokedex and Trainer card carefully nestled at the bottom. Poro rolled into her and made a strange noise at the sight of her skirt, a happy croon of sorts. jade felt her face turn red. "Poro you're a pervert!"

The Spheal cackled and rolled into the sea.

---

An Ekans slithered patiently across the stone ledges. Another day spent hiding from predators and hunting feeble scraps or eggs. It was certainly an exciting and dangerous life for a snake to live that was for sure. He hissed a sigh, tasting the air. Wingull eggs weren't the same as Spearow... but they would do for the moment. He missed the exquisite meal he had managed the other day... Finneon? That had been the most interesting fish. His stomach rumbled mockingly and the Ekans groaned. Truthfully he just wanted to curl on a warm stone in the sun and take a nice long nap but as long as this kept rumbling the idea was hopeless. He slithered behind a wall of rock, wondering what he could find.

Hm? What was this? He peered out and tasted the air. On the beach was a human... well that was nothing special. They were fun to scare but that was about all. But... what was that delicious-looking creature with it? It was round and fat, looking about as intelligent as a Rattata. It wasn't a common creature... wait. He had heard of the seal creature from a human-owned Seviper. It was a Spheal. How... scrumptious. The snake smiled. Seal meat... a delicacy for a starving reptile.

The sounds of laughter and playful cries reached his ears and the Ekans chuckled. Poor human... they were about to lose their little playmate. Sacrifices did have to be made however in the great circle of life. He began to make his way below, not realizing a certain Wingull had its gaze trained on its purple body.

This Wingull wasn't hungry. In fact, it had long since swallowed up a Finneon. That wasn't why she was staring at the Ekans. It would likely unconsciously kill her with the venom if she ate it anyway. No, she just wanted to scare it a little. It was payback for nearly poisoning one of her fellow Wingull for no reason. Besides, the snake was an idiot. That was a trainer's Pokemon, which meant it could likely beat the Pokemon to a pulp without too much effort. Blissfully excited, the snake paid no mind, passing over a certain patch of sand.

So, this thought process finished, she dove down from where she had been circling and dove, snatching the creature's body in her talons. Ekans yelped with terror and Wingull let out a caw of triumph. Unfortunately neither of them realized that they were heavy enough to make the sand give way.

Due to this both creatures panicked when the sand beneath them gave way and they fell into a pit. A certain Trapinch was sitting at the bottom, jaws wide open. Then it closed them slowly and grunted. Darn. He wanted Corphish. Sure he could eat the snake but birds gave him indigestion. Sighing, it began to crawl out of the ground, ignoring the shrieks that came from the fallen Pokemon. Time to make a new spot.

---

Jade let out a sudden cry of surprise from where she floated in the water, having been treading water with Poro. Not because she was cold, but because she was suddenly moving! What was going on today? Maybe she was on a mini-boat. Huh. Plausible. Ooh she liked that word. Jade made a note to herself to use that word again. She looked down to see a Wailmer rising out of the water. "HI!" she told it eagerly, causing Poro to look up from where he was spinning in the waves. "Did we wake you up?" Wailmer were all over Hoenn and she thought they were almost as adorable as Spheal.

It didn't answer verbally, but began to swim toward the shore. Jade looked to see a familiar Trapinch crawling around on shore. It looked around slowly. Was it trying to find a place to dig maybe? What happened to its other spot? The answer soon became clear as a Wingull and Ekans went flying from that earlier area behind the rock, covered in sand and spitting. They slowly recovered and the Ekans dropped onto the sand again, both glaring daggers at the Ground-type, who was currently obliviously wandering the beach.

Jade tilted her head slowly."Oh... what happened here?" The girl noted that she really needed to pay more attention to her surroundings. She looked down at the Wailmer. "Mr. Wailmer, would you let me see what's going on?" It made a low, bellowing noise and bounced out of the water for a moment, landing gently on the closest part of the shore.

Jade crawled off and waved. "Thank you!" Poro had swum up after her, the Wailmer shooting water from its spout before bouncing away. Meanwhile the Trapinch had scuttled to stand by her foot, sniffing underneath it. Or what appeared to be sniffing. Did Trapinch even have noses? She knelt by it, causing the stare again. Jade fidgeted but didn't look away this time. "I think you understand me Mister Trapinch. Right?" It bobbed its large orange head. "I thought so. So Mister Trapinch what did you do to those two? Did they fall in your pit?" Trapinch nodded again. "Oh."

As this discussion went on the Ekans calmed down a little. He had seen his original intention; the Spheal. It was looking around dazedly. Now was his chance... but if that girl got in the way that would be a problem. Or that freaking thing that had tried to bury him alive for lunch! Urgh... this stupid Wingull had gotten him into this... but...

"Ssskane," (Hey bird,) he began steadily, causing the still disgruntled gull to scowl. "Ekansskanes?" (How about a truccce?)

Wingull scowled at the snake. "Win win?" (For what?)

Ekans gave her a look like she was stupid. "Ekanssskansss." (Look, that stupid bug thing over there tried to kill usss.) That was all he said. The Wingull grasped the rest and flapped her wings irritably.

"Wingull! Win!" (So you want to make him sorry. Fine!) Normally this wouldn't be a big deal to her but she was irritated after having fallen into a pit and to be honest this couldn't take that long. Then she could scare the crap out of the Ekans and go back to the nest. So without hesitation she swooped down toward the Trapinch, not realizing Jade hadn't stood up yet. Thankfully Poro paid attention and sent a multicolored beam into her beak.

Jade let out a soft cry and jumped back, Poro rolling in front of her. The Wingull went flying back and recovered itself, only for the Ekans to slither in, jaws wide and aiming toward Poro. Jade panicked for a moment. She had not been expecting to battle, thought she really should have. "Um..." she floundered before realizing that she had the Pokedex. She ran to her bag, meanwhile giving out a few orders that she actually knew. "Poro Water Gun!" Poro blasted the Ekans in the mouth with a jet of water and Trapinch's jaws slowly clamped around the snake's body, causing it to practically shriek in pain. Wingull meanwhile had flown up again, aiming its own Water Gun at Trapinch, not noticing Poro barreling into the three of them, knocking the wild Pokemon over.

Jade caught this out of the corner of her eye and moaned. "Not like that Poro!" He blinked at her dimly before rolling back to her. Meanwhile Trapinch had disappeared, likely under the ground. Sure enough he tunneled out a moment later, just in time for their enemies to right themselves. They charged together again, reminding Jade of a Double Battle. But... something was different. "Poro," she called, looking at her now open Pokedex. "Powder Snow! Slow them down!" The Spheal obeyed, releasing flurries of snowflakes. Unfortunately in the heat it didn't do much except to the Ekans, who was just getting bullied out there. Since it was cold-blooded... However the Wingull paid no mind, charging ahead again.

"Oh... they aren't really teaming up..." Jade thought for a moment as the Trapinch was smacked to the side. It wiggled helplessly upside down, clacking its mouth open and closed as the Wingull slammed a Water Gun into its belly. "How are we gonna beat the Wingull... wait a sec." She peered at Poro's moveset again. "Poro use Encore on WIngull!"

The dual type seal looked at her like she was crazy... at least, Jade thought that was what Poro was doing. "Trust me!" Poro shrugged and began to clap, almost giving the gull its own stage. Unwillingly, the gull stopped and began to preen, causing the Ekans to release a flurry of Poison Stings at it. She squawked and flew back up.

"SSSekansss!" (Stop modeling!"

The Wingull glowered and aimed, intending to Supersonic the Ekans into flailing everywhere. However instead she ended up, jetting it into a rock, where it fell blissfully unconscious. It frowned. "Wingull?" (What happened?) Then it glowered and decided, what the heck, she could finish this herself. Shreeing, she divebombed the still flailing Trapinch, Water Gun ready to fire.

This time, Jade was ready. She hovered only a foot away from the Pokemon and Poro was right in the line of fire. "Now Poro," she shouted exuberantly, bouncing on the balls of her feet. This was so cool! She was battling! And they were going to win too! "Defense Curl!" Poro curled into a ball, not that it really took much, and the Water Gun hit. "Now your turn! Water Gun!" Poro uncurled and fired, soaking the Wingull's appendages but not doing much damage. It glowered and spun back up in the air, diving again. Jade wiped sweat from her brow and paled. She hoped this next part worked as smoothly.

"Powder Snow!" Poro released a second burst which halted the Wingull for a moment. What was she... huh. It was getting harder to fly. Wingull let out a frenzied call. Her wings were freezing! But it was so hot! How...? They would melt soon, they had to. Reluctantly the white gull perched on a rock, glaring at the group. Scoffing, she turned away, embarrassed. The Ekans was gone. Traitorous bugger.

"Um... Wingull?" She looked with one eye at the human. "Trapinch didn't mean to get you... so can you leave him alone now?" Wingull paused and cawed. She just wanted to go home. The human beamed like one of their lightbulbs. "YAY! Thanks! You're a nice Wingull!" Her eye twitched. Was this human stupid... yeah, they were definitely stupid.

Jade turned back to Trapinch, oblivious to the mental insults being sent her way. "Did you hear that Mister Trapinch? It's ok..." She trailed off, realizing the poor Pokemon was still flailing helplessly. "Oh... I think you need help. Poro, Water Gun!" Poro grinned and fired, this knocking the poor Ground-type unconscious. Jade panicked, turning pink. "Oh-Oh no! I... I um..." She saw her bag and nodded. "A Pokeball!" She switched one mechanical device for another and took a deep breath.

Jade threw it at the Trapinch hurriedly, watching the Pokeball arc in the air. Please let me have done it right... I don't want to leave a hurt Trapinch...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
@Fuyu - Man I loved that post! I really like Jade, and I also like how you incorporate so many Pokémon into it, it really feels like a biome that way. Really a terrific post.

Jade caught a lv. 7 male Trapinch with the eggmove Mud Shot!
Spheal (Poro) grew to lv. 11!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Carlos Fierro
Chapter One

Part two

After mine and Elgyem's, uhm, warm introduction, the three of us began to make our way through the small village. Freddy continued to make pointless small-talk which I paid very little attention to, replying with the appropriate ah's, uhm's and uh-huh's when necessary. I was paying more attention to my new partner, Elgyem. The psychic type Pokémon seemed just as interested in me as I was in him. As we made our way through the village we continued to exchange glasses every so often and we would always exchange smiles or winks. The village took much longer to get through than I expected, but it didn't seem to phase Freddy, in fact he seemed to really enjoy travelling. When I asked him why this was he just laughed at me before halting. 'I've already journeyed around Kanto, this is simple. Don't worry Charlie, you'll get used to it,' was his simple response. So Freddy was an experienced trainer, that was interesting, 'Charlie?' I asked, intrigued. 'Yeah Carlos doesn't work for me,' he added with a chuckle. I could really get used to spending a lot of time with Freddy, he was a great guy.

Finally, we exited the village onto the Via path. I immediately felt the cool breeze, which was very refreshing considering the heat. The road was rather narrow, and was flanked by beaches swarmed with Shellder. As we began to walk on this new surface, I could feel the stone underneath my converse. It was a nice, stable feeling. As I walked along the road, I realized that Carlos was no longer following me. He was a few strides back staring into the sea. His eyes seemed as if they were experiencing fear, however, I wasn't sure. The tide was quite close to the road, which in my opinion was a good thing, less time spent travelling across the sand. Freddy then turned to me and shot me a nervous smile, 'I'm off to the next town, catch ya later Charlie,' he said as he ran past me leaving me bewildered. I had to admit though, he was quick. He would have made for good competition back in Agate. Elgyem just chuckled and floated up before landing on my shoulder. I let out a laugh too. Together we began to make our way down the path. The pair of us were enjoying the weather, it felt good on our skin.

Up ahead, something caught my eye. It seemed Elgyem also noticed and the pair of us made our way towards the snake. The snake was purple in colour and began to raise its neck upon seeing us. It seemed interested in a battle, which both Elgyem and I were only to eager to battle. However before we started, I withdrew my Pokédex and used it to get a reading on the Pokémon. It was an Ekans and it was a poison type. This was perfect! Elgyem and I would get to experience our first battle with a type advantage. The Ekans hissed at us and lunged at Elgyem, whipping its body around and hitting my Pokémon with it's tail that was currently glowing a purple colour. Elgyem was fired backwards and hit off the stone path before immediately lifting itself back into the air. I quickly fired Elgyem an anxious glance, but it replied it with a grin. This regained my confidence and I decided on the best possible move for Elgyem to use. 'Let's use Confusion buddy,' I commanded. Elgyem's eyes then lit up a light blue colour, it lifted its hand so they were aimed at the Ekans. The psychic type began to fire waves of light blue energy, the same colour its eyes were lit, towards the Ekans at a high pace. The Ekans tried to avoid the hit but failed, and was hit by every last wave before collapsing to the ground. Both of us thought the battle was over and Elgyem let its guard down. Out of nowhere, the Ekans sprang at Elgyem and wrapped itself around the psychic type. Elgyem let out a small cry of pain. 'Teleport quickly! Follow up with another confusion!' I called out to my partner, it obeyed and left Ekans grasp reappearing behind the snake. It then fired more waves of energy at the poison Pokémon sending it across the stone path. It's eyes were replaced with black spirals, an image that symbolized that the Pokémon was no longer able to battle.

Elgyem then approached me, and a high five was in order. We celebrated our win for a short time before I decided that Ekans would make a great addition to the team. I fumbled around the inside of my bag until I came across a crimson and red item that Cypress's assistant had given me. I pressed the button on the middle of the spherical capsule, expanding it within my hand. The ball sparkled in the sunlight, which captured my attention for a split second. I then pulled the ball back, and followed up by throwing at the Pokémon we had just defeated. The ball flew through the air as my heart began to race. Elgyem also seemed excited that it could have a possible fellow Pokémon to battle alongside.

Back