• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen did anyone else think marlon was and is a moron

what do you think of marlon

• marlon is super great leave him alone

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • marlon is alright

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • marlon is annoying but not bad

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • i strongly feel marlon is lame

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
i cant be the only one so whatd you guys think of marlon iliked humilau alot its reminiscent of paciflodge or w.e. but like marlon is a major lame no? whatta you guys think

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Marlon is alright. What exactly was so horrible about him?

He seems like a nice, upstanding kind of guy, and he is one.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I thnk he didn't like how Marlon was in denial about Plasma. But he wasn't that bad, He in the end helped you a lot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Pretty much what the above said. Just by watching his interview on TV, I could tell that Marlon's personality isn't that bad.

Sirfetch’d

Kinda random to be hating on Marlon of all people, but he was great, IMO. He used my favorite type and one of my favorite Pokemon(Jellicent). I dont know how you could hate him.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I am indifferent to most of gym trainers. I love the Dragon users but personally I couldnt get or be attached to them

Dalekhater

Cool Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I thought he was meh. We had no background and he seemed kinda copy-pasted from Brawly.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I thought his dialogue was pretty lame and his design is a bit odd (weird tan and whatever he is wearing). Other than that, I thought he was okay. Him and his gym were very underwhelming concepts as the last one, which is my biggest problem with him.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
He was annoying. I liked Brawly better. Then again I seen him in the anime. That is probably what made me like him. I just don't really like Marlon because of the way he was acting toward Plasma. I know he helped a lot,but I still didn't like the way he acted.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
No. Not really.
He was doing exactly as he said.
He didn't really care about the doings of Team Plasma, but he;s willing to help you because you need it.

Just be thankful he let you on the frigate.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Just be thankful he let you on the frigate.
There's no reason one of the player's own monsters, namely one knowing Fly, couldn't carry them onto the ship.
I felt his actions and/or lack thereof were pointless and nonsensical.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
im sorry guys i hated his dialogue so much as well as his reluctance it annoyed me so much like come on man obviously these guys are rude evil people dont hesitate wheres your sense of justice but with that being said he did come to your aid but i strongly disliked him so much especially for the dialogue

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
He was okay, I guess. I didn't really like or hate'em. To me, he was just another person you met on the game. Yeah, he was kinda irresponsible; I mean, Plasma's going around freezing everything and he's just gonna turn a blindeye on it...yeah, that's responsible. Also, I found his dialogue...eh. LOL Weird to say the least.

But nah, I didn't hate da dude.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
His accent can be hard to get used to but he isn't so bad.He is more laid back than the other leaders.

Years
Marlon is one of my fave Gym Leaders ever, he's my fave of the Water Gym Leaders tbh.

I love his hair, and that awesome accent of his. He's so cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Marlon? Bad? Annoying? Y'all must be on something cray, because he's so legit. I love Marlon. He's a lot like I am, tbh. Plasma did nothing wrong to him or his town, so he doesn't find a need to step in. However, he sees that the player wishes to fight, but sees the player's only reasoning is, "Because I have to", and warns him to gain a better reason to do so other than, "It's the right thing to do." Such as why it is the right thing to do. Why MUST you fight a battle that was never yours to fight? Marlon's character is much deeper than the anti-Marlon groups have come to make him out to be. His dialogue isn't some black and white one-meaning statement, it has a deeper meaning to it.

"It's not my style to go around decidin' Team Plasma's bad without thinkin' 'bout it just 'cause everyone says so!" We always say we must make our own judgments based on what we experience, rather than what we see or hear. Yet when a fictional character says it, it somehow becomes stupid and annoying? He just found his role to be the voice of reason, not to be the one on the front line. If you ask me, it's about time we finally have a character like that.

Pinta77

Marlon is one of those guys that just has to show you how much stronger then you he is, like the people at the gym.

Back