• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Unown Are You in Unova?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I thought this would be an interesting subject. Each Unown represents a letter or one of two symbols (! and ?). They are unable to be caught legitimately at all in Unova. So to get one, you have to import them.

Since most players don't typically have a use for all 28 Unown in Unova - particularly because they learn exactly one move - my question is what Unown did you or would you choose to import? This is kind of like a "what's your letter" deal, but one could have another reason for choosing an Unown; it looks the most like a Pokémon, or perhaps stands for the first letter in Pokémon, or maybe even the start of your real name or nickname.

So...what Unown are you? What represents you alphabetically in Unova?

Cyclone

(Note for moderators: I've placed this thread here because Unova is the only place Unown cannot be caught since their introduction in Gen. II. Thus, it doesn't fit General in terms of theme because they can be caught in those other games. This is strictly a perspective of what people used in Unova or would use as their Pokédex entry if they were to import one from another game, and is also a case of curiosity on my part.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd do M because it's the first letter of my real name, or maybe G as that was the first Unown letter I ever saw.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Myself, I'm thinking either C (I don't think I need to explain this one), but I might use P. I mean, it starts the word Pokémon. However, F looks the most like a Pokémon and seems to have a mouth shaped there, unlike many others.

Cyclone

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Probably W because its my first name's first letter, Z cuz its an awesome letter, or a symbol. Wish they had a better use in unova tho, they seemed so mysterious when I first saw them...

Sirfetch’d

I would take an H for Hate because I hate Unown and will never use one. They look cool and all, but are useless.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I pick A because it's the first initial of my name, could stand for Azalea, and it looks like a little Eiffel Tower Pokemon ;u;

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
F, simply 'cause my first name is Frankie.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd choose either ! or ? since they'd be awesome trading bait in negotiations (well, as awesome as an Unown can physically be...), plus they're the ones I'm most likely to use if I ever do want to try out Unown on my team since they look pretty quirky. I'm unlikely to transfer one over at all though since it's really not a Pokémon that interests me and I'm not fussed about Pokédex completion, so I don't think I'd actually have a letter haha.

Years
I'd probably choose B, because it's my first initial (and my favorite of the Unown). If I couldn't, my secondary choice would be Unown ?, just because I think was a neat idea when they added the two extra Unown in Gen III.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd transfer in the H Unown. I nicknamed all the Unown (first letter matching their letter) in Gold and I named H as Happy. How resouceful. :P

Pinta77

I really don't know... I'd probably import all or none. If i had to choose one, it would probably be F.

Back