• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Cameo Appearances?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
That cowgirl/rancher with 6 bidoof.

I will sue gamefreak if they don't inckude youngstr joey

The region is probably based on France so his name would be Youngster Jacques. /brick'd

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I want ti see silver. If i remember correctly he said he went far away somewhere. Perhaps he went to France? If that didn't happen I want to see red for sure. When was the last time we saw that bada** in a game?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i want to see the me from the original black. they never really explained where he went in black 2 and this seems like a place he would go.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Cameo appearances in Pokémon X and Y from the anime would be so cool. Especially since we haven't had anything like this since the days of Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu Version.

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime. :P
As much as I would like for something like this to take place, the games and the anime are not canon to one another; pardon Pokémon Yellow which only had very subtle similarities to the anime. I don't think it's likely that we'll be seeing cameo appearances from anime characters other than the usual gym leaders, possible female protagonist, and other major characters the anime decides to use.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well in B2W2, they've made a DLC where you can download anime trainers for the PWT. It features game representations of Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil. So, they could pull that again, but... eh, as anime representations, they'd be most likely be battle bots.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'd love to see Looker again, also would love Giovanni, Silver, Colress and Hilbert, even better if they were crucial to the story!

Years
Since Gold and Silver I have longed for cameos from past characters. Due to the 100% lack of them in RS I was just desperate for some references to old games.

Obviously that's changed in recent generations, especially regarding B2W2.

I'd love to see a few appearances from older characters, but only if they make sense, really. Jasmine appearing in DPPt was nice, and of course it was a little hint towards a GS remake, but..
Why Jasmine? I mean it didn't make me think 'They are DEFINITELY' making remakes, it made me think 'Am I going to be able to battle her? What else will she be doing?' The answers being 'Nope' and 'Nothing'.
The PWT is awesome, but not really a good basis for cameos since they're literally there to be battled, nothing more.

As some people have mentioned, I kinda hope Cynthia DOESN'T make a cameo. She's awesome and amazing and cool, sure, but I've had enough of her now, and want to see a few RS characters, maybe even go back to Kanto characters (which are pretty much covered from HGSS, sure, but.. yeah).
Seeing Steven again might be cool, or maybe even Wally or someone. He was a character with a set team and role, so it's not like they'd have much ambiguity to cover.

I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
A hero from previous games:
Seeing Gold or Silver, would actaully be great to see, they could show us how they've changed during the games, maybe they changed their look, or changed their apprearance, but it would be great to see this actually happen in the coming X/Y Games.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A hero from previous games:
Seeing Gold or Silver, would actaully be great to see, they could show us how they've changed during the games, maybe they changed their look, or changed their apprearance, but it would be great to see this actually happen in the coming X/Y Games.
There's actually a lot of potential with bringing Silver in for a cameo beyond witnessing his new maturity since GSC/HGSS. He could not only tell us about his long time rival (us, obviously), but also about Team Rocket and whatever really happened to his father, Giovanni, after that scene in the cave from the Celebi event.

Years
All this talk about Champions returning... Wouldn't it be amazing if the game was a prequel and one of the champions were your rival?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All this talk about Champions returning... Wouldn't it be amazing if the game was a prequel and one of the champions were your rival?

That'd be awesome, yeah, but I think that'd mean chances are you won't see any other past characters, given that I figure not many others would've grown up with each other really. :x

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Maybe we might see Hilbert appear in Pokémon X and Hilda in Pokémon Y as a cameo as being one of the most strongest trainers in the game, while they'll act the same way as what Red did, by not saying anything.

'Cause as we know, in Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, Hilbert/Hilda's mother said that the character went far away in search for N. If Hilbert and Hilda made a return, then it surely would be interesting where it would end up being.

As for other cameo appearances where no battles are involved, maybe we might see Nate and Rosa as well, depending on which version you're playing.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
After the Elite Four you could go for the 'Ultimate' Elite Four, consisting of Blue/Gary, Lance, Steven, Cynthia and then Alder as Champion. That would be my dream 'cameo' cast

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hilbert/Hilda would indeed be cool to see, and I wouldn't mind N appearing either.

Yoshihiko

Moved back to SNOR(es)LAX
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
A random ex-member of Team Rocket, Team Magma, and all those evil organisations. That would really be good, like how they brought back a few, especially that guy who did something with the power plant back in GSC/HGSS.

A champion from another region would be good as well. Not forgetting some previous games protagonists, that would be awesome as well.

Years
Maybe we might see Hilbert appear in Pokémon X and Hilda in Pokémon Y as a cameo as being one of the most strongest trainers in the game, while they'll act the same way as what Red did, by not saying anything.

'Cause as we know, in Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, Hilbert/Hilda's mother said that the character went far away in search for N. If Hilbert and Hilda made a return, then it surely would be interesting where it would end up being.

As for other cameo appearances where no battles are involved, maybe we might see Nate and Rosa as well, depending on which version you're playing.

I would definitely like to see N and Hilbert/Hilda cameo in the games given we never got to see the latter in Black 2/White 2. I'd like to see them have a Red-like strength while still being silent.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah it'd be nice to see them return, as opposed to B2/W2's heroes because B/W's were missing and it'd make more sense if that's where they were hiding out for those two years.

Back