• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional Attachment

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
This... might be a weird question, but, are there any video games in particular that you feel a 'special attachment' towards? Well, in other words, let's say... you've played a video game, and you find that the video game plot line relates to your real world experiences.

Then again, maybe you've played a video game that only pure fantasy. Do you have a deep attachment to the world that the video game takes place so much that you'd like to visit it at least once? Or, the characters in the world attach to you so much that you'd want to meet you?

Those are just some examples. So again, do you have any emotional attachments towards a game? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The only one I could possibly suggest would be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I was playing that (in the solemn Temple of Time at the time too) when I found out my grandmother had died

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Personas 3 and 4 come to mind due to the casts being pretty much unforgettable imo and the Mass Effect trilogy is another one since it let me customize Commander Shepard in nearly every way imaginable making the journey feel way more personal than that of most games I have played before.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
The original Bioshock. My first playthrough of that game was one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've had. I knew nothing of the story, and being able to experience that game without knowing what was going to happen was great. The soundtrack, atmosphere, and plot all pulled me in, and I came out of the experience feeling like I had played through a high-budget movie. It's still one of my favorite games.

Back