• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Ermaigosh, its been forever since I've been on here. But alas, X and Y came out, and my encounter with shiny Druddigon has driven me to hunt once more. :3

Also, Wonder Trade is truly a wonder (ha-ha), considering I've gotten quite a few different 'Mons that I'm going to Masuda Method soon, after I breed Absol. :3

Wish me luck!

Years
Congrats on all shinies guise!
I haven't gotten anything since that Basculin but I've actually been hunting, so it's kinda disappointing d:
I'm currently mainly hunting Ho-oh on HeartGold and Treecko on Sapphire, with side hunts (that I usually do all at the same time) for Zapdos on LeafGreen and a starter on the SoulSilver I just bought.
I plan on buying Black or White 2 sometime soon so I can go for either Latios or Latias - not sure which though d:, and also Platinum for the main Sinnoh Legends. I might use the copy of Pearl I currently cannot find to tweak for a Darkrai and Shaymin. Not sure yet. Kinda tempted to buy another system to play one of the DS games I get so I don't have to sacrifice hunting but I might be able to put off on SoulSilver for a bit.
Anywho.
Hopefully the next time I swing on by, I have a new shiny to show off! Good luck errybody!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I will like to join! The only shinnies I currently own is a Croagunk and Fennekin. Im hunting for a shinny Froakie...Heard Greninja is black and red, so cool. I'm also going to go hunt for a shinny Huanter.

Years
Hello! Anyone remember me? Been a long time D:

I'm not sure when I was last here (I'll check later when I have more time, and also update my sig which I'm sure is old now...) but I'm back! I hope!

I've probably caught lots of shinies since I was last here, but until I work out when I was last here I guess I'll just name my Pokémon X shinies:

Azula the Ponyta (friend safari)
Scarlett the Clawitzer (chain fishing)
Topaz the Magikarp (chain fishing)
Cecil the Magmar (friend safari)
Papaya the Aipom (friend safari)

Congrats to ALL the shinies I'm sure I've missed and good luck to those still hunting! :3
I'll be sure to come back when I'm less busy!

EDIT: Took a quick glance at my sig, so here's my other new shinies:

Muffin the Lillipup now Herdier (will get a better name haha)
Indigo the Pidove now Tranquill
Nero the Torchi now Combusken (was my first and probably only time trying out RNG abuse)

So yeah ^~^

Years
I've recently just got a shiny magikarp and I am working on my pokerader chaining skills. I'm starting to get back into hunting. Hope everyone has a good time hunting.

Years
The Rufflet hunt didnt go so well, spent a good 2-3 days wandering in FS and getting nothing. I did catch 2 shiny Octilleries and a shiny Alomomola by chain fishing to cheer myself up a bit, and for the last 2 days I have been hunting for a shiny Floette in friend safari.

No luck on the Floette front, but I did just encounter a cute lil shiny Togepi!

Called him Giuseppe the Togepi, you need to say it in an Italian accent to get the full effect. :P

Id post a picture but I am being told I have to post 15 more messages before I can, curse my noobish stature.

So unless Floette shows up in the next few days, I believe my team may now have room for young Giuseppe :)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Welcome to the club.

Congrats on all those shinys!

I just realized, all my online friends are playing some kind of Pokemon (3 are playing X/Y, one Gates to Infinity) while I picked up a copy of Rune Factory 4 to fill the time when even the thought of one more pokemon encounter and I'll throw the game. Turns out... Rune Factory is addicting and my OCD loves being able to micro-manage the world around me. Now I'm trying to find time to play both, because when I play one, I end up doing so for hours and never touch the other, between POKEMON X and RF4.

By the way, that shiny finding device is awesome, as if shain fishing wasn't easy already, now you don't even have to worry about breaking the chain by bad button pushing timing! (note sarcasm is second half of that) I do think it's awesome though.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Here is the picture of Beechyboy's togepi:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@Beechyboy: Happy to help :)

So just got my 2nd shiny of this generation, one I have liked an wanted for a while. Was using the Pokeradar, and after a chain of 20 this beauty turned up unexpectedly:

Spoiler:

Her IV's aren't very good, but she has a 31 in speed which is the one that I would prefer to be the best so it's ok :)

Spoiler:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Hitting the 40 to maximise the odds is still not easy, but getting better :)

Once I have sussed it out a bit better I will be making a video tutorial for a friend of mine, will post a link here as well. Think all I need is more patience (getting there though!)

Years
Cool will definitely give it a watch :) I am sure I am doing things right but I just get frustrated when the chain breaks. I think I got to almost 30 chaining skiddos the other day, then gulpin showed up. It just had to be Gulpin.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Thinking of going for a Poliwag (for Politoed) soon. Should I do it y/n?

Starting my Fletchling hunt! I just need to beat the game finally, and breed down some near-flawless Adamant Gale Wings. This'll be faster hatching. Also for the November hunt!

Years
Heck yea go for that Poli'. Poliwrath was actually one of my favourite water types to use back in the early days. Still is really. After reading the pokemon adventures manga and seeing red used Poli I grew to like them :) Never used politoad though, always went wraith.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wait what, they re-introduced the Pokéradar? How does it work now as regards finding a shiny? I chained so many shinies in DPPt that it got ridiculous haha, I'm very excited to see it return if it works in the same way. Though right now I've not even beat the league so still stuck to chain fishing - hoping for a couple shiny Relicanth today so I can get a good nature!

@Hooh Poliwag is one of my all-time favourites and Poliwrath is just a badass; definitely make sure to go get one!

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
UPDATE: I've got 3 boxes full of charmanders, no such luck yet. I'm also side hunting Absol and Poliwhirl/Politoed. :3 Gotta love that blue critter. :3

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hey, everyone! Good going with the captures and the ongoing hunts.

I've finished hatching for my flawless Hawlucha, so now I'm mass-breeding it with a 2 max IV Japanese Ditto in hopes of getting a really good Shiny one.

I've got a lot of ones with 4 max IVs and will likely get more with 5 max IVs, so if anyone wants one so they, too, can OCD towards both Shinyness and IVs like I do, feel free to put in a reservation!

If you do, my FC's in my signature and under my post count.

I don't mind anything specific in return, but surprises can be fun!

@Hooh: Don't let that Fletchling <INTENSIFY> too much or he might stroke!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
ive come back with some news!

while continuing on in the game (ive gotten to route 14 or 15 now) i decided to save my game and just start encountering for a little while before going to bed last night. before i show the shiny, ive found out that Illuminate and/or rain cancels out horde encounters, so i removed the Volbeat i caught to test it out, and lo and behold:

Spoiler:

also, i dont remember if i showed the Mime Jr., so here it is again:

Spoiler:

Flydro

doobz
Years
Hey all, just checking in. No new shinies for me yet, but I've been feeling very unmotivated lately. Everyone else seems to be getting shinies with relative ease but I haven't had any sort of luck on my hunts. All these new methods and lower odds are starting to make me feel like the shinies I have aren't really worth anything anymore. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned? Am I wrong for feeling this way? Throughout my hunting career I've always used one gaming system and did all hunts on my own such as the SR and RE methods because I don't have anyone else to play pokemon with (wether online or in real life) and stuck with the 1/8192 odds. Not complaining though, since I've been fortunate enough to find some cool shinies on my own that I'm very proud of. But to me it just seems like shinies aren't worth as much now because they have become so easy to get, with the shiny charms, poke radar and chain fishing and stuff. I only have one dsi and no 3ds so I haven't played Gen VI yet, but I'm not sure if I should even buy it because of how I'm feeling about hunting right now. I hope my feelings change soon because I don't wanna stop playing altogether. Can anyone help me out? :/

But moving on, congrats to all the shinies caught regardless of the methods used! Special congrats to Beechyboy on shiny Togepi! Giuseppe is a perfect name for it. Does everyone else nickname their shinies too? How do yall come up with them?

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR HUNTS EVERYONE!**

Back