• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
DRG, I think there is a bug since you reuploaded the IPS Patch. The screen looks screwed up and the whole thing freezes after i name the character. Or is there any specific Emulator/ROM/Emulator Settings/Computer requirements/Regional requirements I need? If there is pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease specify cuz I cant wait to play.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_SkyIsDarkBlue

That's weird, You're using Visual Boy right? I'll try to download it myself and see what happens

EDIT: I just started the download myself & patched it to a clean Fire Red. It worked fine. Try making sure you're patching it to a clean version of Fire Red. If it still doesn't work, PM me & I'll send you the rom myself.

@_PokemonMasters

I checked & Buizel does evolve into Floatzel normally in the hack. Maybe it was a random error, idk. I'll check back again.

Last edited:
Years
DRG I've reached the point where you battle Light at Volair Forest and when the battle starts the game freezes.Idk if it's a bug but could you check it out please?Thank you in advance.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Chris7

I'll get on to fixing that, it shouldn't take too long. Wow you're far lol.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

I don't think you need a specific version. I & alot of ppl usually use Version 1.7.6 or 1.8.0 & it worked perfectly. I'll send it to you shortly. Give me about 10 minutes.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Hacker Bisharp

The picture isn't showing, it's a red X

EDIT: Nvm, I see it now. Thanks.

@_Chris7

I just uploaded the updated rom with LIGHT now being able to battle you. I forgot to put his picture in A-Trainer. ^.^

From the late in the beta error that Chris7 found, it shows me that most of the first beta can be played through almost completely. So this is good news, the only major errors are the Hero's Trainer Card & the TM/HM case which I haven't looked into yet. I'll be starting progress for the 2nd beta starting late next week.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

I'm sending the hack your way now in a PM.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@_Hacker Bisharp

The picture isn't showing, it's a red X

EDIT: Nvm, I see it now. Thanks.

@_Chris7

I just uploaded the updated rom with LIGHT now being able to battle you. I forgot to put his picture in A-Trainer. ^.^

From the late in the beta error that Chris7 found, it shows me that most of the first beta can be played through almost completely. So this is good news, the only major errors are the Hero's Trainer Card & the TM/HM case which I haven't looked into yet. I'll be starting progress for the 2nd beta starting late next week.

@_SkyIsDarkBlue

I'm sending the hack your way now in a PM.

It's a movement permission error in the signpost in the entrace of Waters Cavern near Sydney... :)

Here's a clearer look :)

scaled.php

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
You wrote that you can't get the signature pokemons.. But I have gotten the steel gym leaders "Bisharp" ;)

A human's mind changes everytime xD

Yeah, if everyone is wondering I think Pawniard is in ATLANTIC CAVE so you should play through the game and make it evolve into a strong Bisharp! xD

Guys just keep posting the errors you found and me and DRG will fix them ASAP! (I just hate school xD) :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Sorry everyone, I JUST Now uploaded the latest updated beta. I thought it uploaded 20 minutes ago but No_Obslayer told me it wasn't. Thanks! Enjoy, Everyone.

I'll be off to bed now. If you bump into any more errors, please post them. Also, if you're doing Youtube videos, please make sure to have the latest updated beta so you won't bump into any errors on your videos.

Me & Tajaros will begin progress next week on beta 2. I hope you all are enjoying the story I've come up with. Things are a little confusion at the beginning, I know. With all of the characters and mentions of your father.(I actually had an idea to do a mini prequel hack to show the events that led up to the story of this hack. But it didn't come out good cause I was doing hacking alone back then.) :P

EDIT: Just saw the catching Bisharp comment. Since Tajaros was my partner in-crime on this hack, I asked him what are a couple of his favorite pokemon and ones he would like to see/catch. He said Bisharp & Braviary. So, thanks to him, you guys can now catch them & their pre-evolutions. That also force me to change the steel gym leader's signature pokemon to Kilklang(Or however you spell the last evolution of that gear.)

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I was stuck in ATLANTIC CITY
I can not go forward and I hit the gym
Please help!

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
ups, I had not noticed that to go to the next location I had to enter the house, sorry xD Problem solved.

Years
Sorry but does this beta end with the event in frozen dungeon before you face kyurem?Because I tried going deeper and it wouldn't let me like sth invisible was blocking the way.Big cliffhanger there!Btw I loved the game.Great work :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I finally played the game and its amazing! I started with dratini and I feel those three youngster in the beginning town were too easy. Especially the one with the patrat.
That tornadus right was really not nice. My poor lv10 drayla had no chance of survival...

Back