• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll have you know that I'm a legendary beast-master!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Fastest I caught a Legendary was probably Entei in FireRed when I just ran into by chance and caught it immediately with a Master Ball. Though if I exclude anytime I caught a legendary with a Master Ball, I'd say Articuno in FireRed or Victini in White. Both only took about 10-15 minutes. Fastest rate I've caught a hard-catch Pokemon? Honestly I can't remember. Though yesterday in Black 2 I caught the Volcarona in Relic Castle and that catch done was pretty quickly, through I used an Ultra Ball instead.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hetran in Black 2 with a luxury ball in 1 move, hypnosis. That thing apparently loves it some luxury balls.

Years
Catching Zekrom in 3 Ultra Balls in Black 2.

But then again it has an easy catch rate compared to most legendaries.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
thunderus full HP threw one pokeball and caught it first turn no status conditions or anything

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't exactly remember the details and exactly what legendary it was (it might have been Azelf, but I can't be too sure), but I do remember tossing a single Quick Ball right from the start of the battle and catching it with full health and all. That was one of my YESSSS moments. Best capture ever. (Y)

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Oh easily.
I was doing a solo run and only had a pokeball. 1 POKEBALL!
I caught virizion.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
2nd or 3rd turn capture with an Ultra Ball against Kyogre. I remember getting its health down pretty low with one move, then just tossing an Ultra Ball or two and being impressed with how fast it all happened. Then I boxed it and never used it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
oh I remember now Raikou in heartgold I just awaken the trio and the route heading to the ranch he appeared first. I just throw a great-ball and lucky caught him.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kyogre in Sapphire with 1 Pokeball on first turn. I know its extremely lucky, but it was that or my masterball and I didn't want to use my masterball at that time XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A Quick Ball thrown at Mesprit in White 2. Mind = blown that I caught it, and it even had good IVs with a Modest nature.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My fastest was when I caught Mewtwo with a Masterball in one turn, END OF STORY.

My fastest that I could remember WITHOUT the o'mighty Master Ball was with a first turn Quick Ball on Mespirt on Diamond.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Not including masterball catching, my fastest would be Mewtwo. Lowered its health some (if at all), and threw a Dusk Ball. Caught it on my first try.

I also caught a Thundurus with almost full health using an Ultra Ball on White version. I knew it would flee if I tried to really lower its health any more, so I just threw an Ultra Ball and hoped it would work. I was pretty darn happy when I caught it.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
After several retries I ended up catching Mewtwo on my Leafgreen file using just one Ultra Ball.

If only the first million attempts were that easy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Caught a Palkia first turn with a Pokeball on Platinum. Felt like a boss after seeing it was a Modest nature.

Back