• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Seiyuu

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
We have something like this in Culture section so we should have one here as well =)

Seiyuu, in other words, voice actor, is something that is strongly connected to any anime and you cannot have anime without them unless you have to have mute anime short (anyone else seeing SHAFT doing this?).

What are your favorite male and female seiyuus?

I think it's pretty obvious who's my, right? =D I actually made a TOP 10 but you don't need to ;)

Female TOP 10
1. Hanazawa Kana
2. Yuuki Aoi
3. Hayami Saori
4. Ogura Yui
5. Sawashiro Miyuki
6. Taketatsu Ayana
7. Horie Yui
8. Noto Mamiko
9. Inoue Marina
10. Itou Shizuka

Male TOP 10
1. Fukuyama Jun
2. Kamiya Hiroshi
3. Shimono Hiro
4. Nakamura Yuiichi
5. Miyano Mamoru
6. Shinichiro Miki
7. Kaji Yuuki
8. Sugita Tomokazu
9. Nakata Jouji
10. Wakamoto Norio

Years
I only have a list for male seiyuu XD I find the natural high-pitched voices of Japanese women to be unappealing thus I do not like watching anime with female protagonist(s).

1. Sakurai Takahiro
2. Ono Daisuke
3. Miyano Mamoru
4. Ishida Akira
5. Sugita Tomokazu

Years
Ishida Akira, Mamoru Miyano, Namikawa Daisuke, and Noriaki Sugiyama for the males. Definitely forgetting a few but these are all my top.

Don't pay enough attention to female voices to notice because they all sound the same to me but Ayako Kawasumi was absolutely wonderful! I loved her voice as Alice from Pandora Hearts.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Tomokazu Sugita, Mamoru Miyano, Wakamoto Norio, and Tomokazu Seki for the males.

For the females, my personal favourites are Miyuki Sawashiro, Kana Hanazawa, Rie Tanaka, Marina Inoue, and Mariya Ise. Of course this off the top of my head, and I might be missing a few.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Most of my favourite voice actors are the English counterparts, but I do like a few Japanese voices that I can name.

Sawashiro Miyuki is my favourite Japanese voice actress. Her voice is so damn cute haha. I loved her as Inaba in Kokoro Connect. I also like Hikasa Youko, who voices Mio and anyone who knows me knows that Mio is my waifu.

I can't really name any male seiyuu off the top of my head though.

Years
Mamoru seems to be popular, is it because of him voicing Dent? =D

I thought he was noteworthy because of his voice acting for Light from Death Note? O: I like his voice because of the diversity. He can go from sounding like a total sweetheart like Tamaki from Ouran to a crazy obsessed bishounen like Light or Saruhiko from K XD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Female
...o3o Is it bad I think most of the voice actresses sound the same? If they aren't playing a cute, ditzy character, then I can notice. So:
1. Saito Chiwa (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
2. Kawasumi Ayako (Pandora Hearts, Fate/Stay series)

Male
1. Fukuyama Jun (Code Geass -drools-)
2. Kamiya Hiroshi (Bakemonogatari, Ao No Exorcist, Durarara!!, Shingeki no Kyojin, Noragami)
3. Miyano Mamoru (Death Note, Steins;Gate, Durarara!!, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Star Driver)
4. Ono Daisuke (Black Butler, Durarara!!)
5. Kaji Yuki (Shingeki no Kyojin, Guilty Crown, Noragami)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I thought he was noteworthy because of his voice acting for Light from Death Note? O: I like his voice because of the diversity. He can go from sounding like a total sweetheart like Tamaki from Ouran to a crazy obsessed bishounen like Light or Saruhiko from K XD
Well... Light is uber Mamoru role (I agree that it's most likely his most famous) but since this is Pokemon community my first idea was Dent =D
And Saruhiko... omfg :D That guy =D

Btw I like his Takeshi from Mahou Sensou.

@Lilith: They don't! Every female seiyuu has distinguish voice characteristics! =D

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Male: Tomokazu Sugita (Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Daily Lives of High School Boys), Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Magi, Accel World) or Hiroshi Kamiya (Durarara!!, Angel Beats!, Bakemonogatari)

Female: Iori Nomizu (Sora no Otoshimono, Kore wa Zombie desu ka, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) or Kaori Mizuhashi (Baka to Test, also Hyperdimension Neptunia games)

These are some of the ones who I find stand out the most, I probably forgot many that I like >.<

Last edited:
Years
Well... Light is uber Mamoru role (I agree that it's most likely his most famous) but since this is Pokemon community my first idea was Dent =D
And Saruhiko... omfg :D That guy =D

Btw I like his Takeshi from Mahou Sensou.

I only watched the first episode of Mahou Sensou. Based my judgment to watch it on the poster, but the quality of the anime isn't as good as I thought it'd be \: Could be wrong now though. Miyano Mamoru is one of the seiyuus I always look for in an anime because of his character diversity.

Years
Kana Hanazawa for females and Nobuhiko Okamoto for males. I can't name many seiyuu, but these two are definitely my favorites.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I only watched the first episode of Mahou Sensou. Based my judgment to watch it on the poster, but the quality of the anime isn't as good as I thought it'd be \: Could be wrong now though. Miyano Mamoru is one of the seiyuus I always look for in an anime because of his character diversity.
It's MADHOUSE! It's the definition of awesomeness =D

Kana Hanazawa for females and Nobuhiko Okamoto for males. I can't name many seiyuu, but these two are definitely my favorites.
Yahoo, HanaKana fan =D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I guess I don't really pay attention to the voice actors themselves as a whole but to the characters they play. Like I thought the Madoka girls did a good job with their parts mostly, but I haven't really noticed the voice actresses in anything else? Haha. Hmm... I guess I would say that I like Miyuki Sawashiro for girls and Hiroshi Kamiya for boys. This isn't 100% though ~_~

Back